• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
WNF is going to be on a Friday this week. Venue undergoing renovations.

Sweet, I'll have a chance to watch it live! East coaster here.

LakeEarth said:
Yup, once you hit 4th Lord you only face 4th Lord or higher. And the skill difference is staggering.

Does this only work with the "Same Skill" search criteria, or with the "Any Skill" as well?

I was wondering why I never really got paired up with higher ranks, but would get the occasional "Fighter." I'm a 5th Lord right now, but I'm not really having too much trouble with the competition so far.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
LakeEarth said:
Yup, once you hit 4th Lord you only face 4th Lord or higher. And the skill difference is staggering.
I still don't believe that's actually the case, as I never ran into a 1st Lord until I was already at 3rd Lord myself with hundreds of games under my belt. I rarely ran into anyone ranked equal or higher no matter what settings I used. Gootecks ran into three Master Lords or whatever in a 4 or 5 game span on the last episode of Marvelous Adventures. Seems hella random in general.

SmokeMaxX

Ugh, if Capcom ever decided to put Flame Carpet as an assist, I would quit this game and trade it in, straight up, for KoF12. Yes, 12.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
I still don't believe that's actually the case, as I never ran into a 1st Lord until I was already at 3rd Lord myself with hundreds of games under my belt. I rarely ran into anyone ranked equal or higher no matter what settings I used. Gootecks ran into three Master Lords or whatever in a 4 or 5 game span on the last episode of Marvelous Adventures. Seems hella random in general.

Gootecks also sets his skill search to "Any." Maybe that's the difference.

Dahbomb

SmokeMaxX said:
Ugh, if Capcom ever decided to put Flame Carpet as an assist, I would quit this game and trade it in, straight up, for KoF12. Yes, 12.
Chillax man. They didn't put it as an assist for a reason. So that you don't have to buy KoF 12!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
LakeEarth said:

It's also a waaay smaller pool of people. I'm 6th right now, and I'm ranked 3000-ish on the leaderboards overall on 360. I'm guessing 4th is something like the top 2000 players, so you're probably gonna face the same people very often.

Sixfortyfive said:

When I used Rank Any I faced about half of the current Cosmic Lords, including Velox, Atashiwa and Viscant and a bunch of High Lords and Master Lords. All the while when I was still a lowly 9th Ranger.

Nils said:
It's also a waaay smaller pool of people. I'm 6th right now, and I'm ranked 3000-ish on the leaderboards overall on 360. I'm guessing 4th is something like the top 2000 players, so you're probably gonna face the same people very often.
This kind of reminds me of BlazBlue ranked matches once we had hundreds of matches under out belts and months had passed by. There were weeks when I'd fight the same dudes over and over. It made for some funny back and forth correspondence.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nils said:

When I used Rank Any I faced about half of the current Cosmic Lords, including Velox, Atashiwa and Viscant and a bunch of High Lords and Master Lords. All the while when I was still a lowly 9th Ranger.

It looks like after 7th, it's more of a grind (you don't see the bar move as much after each win). It probably discourages a lot of players. And each loss carries a pretty heavy penalty, it seems.

And that clarifies the "Any Skill" usage. Makes sense. I wonder if the other person needs to be using "Any Skill" for it to match you up.

Has anyone figured out the difference between Lord, Ranger, Judge, Guard, etc? Or what Stability is? My Stability is maxed... it seems to go up when I get win streaks, and go slightly down if I take a loss. Win streaks seems like a silly attribute of "fighting style" if that's what it means.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
GuardianE said:
It looks like after 8th, it's more of a grind (you don't see the bar move as much after each win).

And that clarifies the "Any Skill" usage. Makes sense. I wonder if the other person needs to be using "Any Skill" for it to match you up.

Has anyone figured out the difference between Lord, Ranger, Judge, Guard, etc? Or what Stability is? My Stability is maxed... it seems to go up when I get win streaks, and go slightly down if I take a loss. Win streaks seems like a silly attribute of "fighting style" if that's what it means.

Stability = Lord
Advanced Offense = _Scout
Basic Offense = Ranger
Advanced Defense = Judge
Basic Defense = Guard

Basically, Lord is the most common and the one that's most "preferable" to have. That's because stability generally gives you the most points and you don't get any stability points if you lose a match, which causes the other stats to increase upon which point the game changes your status to Ranger/Judge/Whatever.

As for losses carrying a huge penalty, I think losing streaks decrease your rank way faster , but I could be wrong about that. I think that if you play 10 matches and you lose 6 consecutively you rank down way harder than you would if you lost 6 in between winning some. The penalty for full rank down battles seems especially hard. If you rank up you generally start with 45% or something in the exp bar of that rank. If you rank down you're thrown all the way back to like 10% in my experience. This is why the game was damn discouraging for me at first. I swung back and forth between 9th Lord and Fighter 3 times before changing the rank settings to Rank same. Since then it's been and upwards climb to 6th - almost 5th Lord.

Flame Carpet puts you in longer block stun than Trish's traps, and it hits multiple times.
Right, and Trish's traps cover wider areas, and also last longer. The hitstun on Peekabo is obviously longer than Flame Carpet's as well. Each move has its pros and cons; I'm merely saying that I think they are comparable enough that Flame Carpet wouldn't be absurdly powerful. I remember when MODOK was revealed, the internet went wild with all the crazy zoning teams that could use his barrier to make themselves unassailable, and now it's not even used because the assist applies no pressure.

Unlike Modok's barrier, it gives you a free combo on hit and is super easy to hit confirm. It stifles approaches much more than either of those.
And MODOK's barrier stops all projectiles and creates an unassailable (minus hypers) wall in front of you. What stops it from being amazing? It's the fact that you have to keep calling MODOK out over and over to keep the barrier up, which makes you predictable, and thus easy to punish. Plus, the barrier provides no real offensive momentum. Flame Carpet would be the same way.

The flames really don't seem short lived. They shut down a lot of offense, and they seem to stay out there forever.
180 frames, or 3 seconds, is how long they last. They do shut down a lot of offense, but it still requires 46 frames to complete, which is a lot of time to punish the Flame Carpet if it were an assist. Plus, since the assist has call delay, you have to remember that you won't ever get to lay the Flame Carpet where you want. This is another problem with MODOK's barrier. Is it a great assist in theory? Absolutely. In practice, MODOK takes long enough to come out and place the barrier that I'm not even where he lands anymore, because the game is so fast and mobile.

[quoet]And it hits low, OTG's like DahBomb said.[/quote]
Again, that startup time makes the usefulness of this attribute questionable. Remember when people first found out about Viper having overheads? "zomg unblockables", everyone said, but then Burning Kick turned out to have a startup time that made actually creating those unblockables really difficult. Now, very few players use low hitting or high hitting assists for unblockable setups. The fastest low hitting assist in the game, Samurai Edge, usually gets saved for OTGs into relaunches.

I'm not saying it would make a bad assist, just that I don't think its usefulness is clear. Why do most people use Chris' Gun Fire instead of his Mine assist? The mine is pretty close to Flame Carpet in concept, but you don't see people talking about how great it is all day.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nils said:
Stability = Lord
Advanced Offense = _Scout
Basic Offense = Ranger
Advanced Defense = Judge
Basic Defense = Guard

Basically. Lord is the most common and the one that's most "preferable" to have. That's because stability generally gives you the most points and you don't get any stability points if you lose a match, which causes the other stats to increase upon which point the game changes your status to Ranger/Judge/Whatever.

So, Stability is created by simply winning. Advanced Offense is... jump cancels? DHCs? Basic Offense is... air combos maybe? Advanced Defense is Advancing Guard? I know the graph is flawed and pretty much worthless due to the way it's been implemented, but I'm still curious how it actually works. I know that I had almost zero Defense in either category in the beginning because I didn't have to block... so I guess the script didn't have enough data to actuall document a change.

So Stability gives you more points? Like experience? Experience isn't just a set amount for each match depending on your opponent's rank?

As for losses carrying a huge penalty, I think losing streaks decrease your rank way faster , but I could be wrong about that. I think that if you play 10 matches and you lose 6 consecutively you rank down way harder than you would if you lost 6 in between winning some. The penalty for full rank down battles seems especially hard. If you rank up you generally start with 45% or something in the exp bar of that rank. If you rank down you're thrown all the way back to like 10% in my experience. This is why the game was damn discouraging for me at first. I swung back and forth between 9th Lord and Fighter 3 times before changing the rank settings to Rank same. Since then it's been and upwards climb to 6th - almost 5th Lord.

That sounds right. I kinda wish they hadn't implemented a Rank Down system. I felt bad when I ranked down someone the other day. I didn't know that if you Rank Down you only get 10% of the previous level. That's pretty harsh.

It's an OTG and hits low, comes out really fast as well. Does that remind you of another fast OTG, low hitting assist?
It's hard to say how fast it could come out as an assist; yes, it's pretty fast when Dormammu uses it on point.

He's talking about how if you reach 4th Lord the game matches you up against 4th - Cosmics exclusively -- if you pick the Rank Same filter? I'm probably switching to Rank Any once I reach 4th, or does it still match you up against 4th-Cosmic primarily then?
Putting the rank to any puts you against anyone, just like normal. Often, it's the only way to find matches (or face more than the same guy over and over).

Sweet, I'll have a chance to watch it live! East coaster here.
Indeed, not that anyone will use Dormammu. /shrug

This kind of reminds me of BlazBlue ranked matches once we had hundreds of matches under out belts and months had passed by. There were weeks when I'd fight the same dudes over and over. It made for some funny back and forth correspondence.
That kind of small community can be nice, though. Assuming the people aren't dickwads.

Floe uses him though he might have changed his teams after 2 weeks.
He uses him to assist bitch and then throw out 3 Stalking Flares in level 3 X-Factor to win matches. He doesn't really use the character. I have no doubt he plays him well, but it's not like there will be actual Dormammu gameplay to watch. Nothing interesting or inspiring.

Dahbomb

I wanna see someone do the Finger projectile, tri-jump, wall bounce follow up, launch, cancel into 2C1D, relaunch, BnB, flame carpet + assist, relaunch, BnB, LVL3 hyper.

That would be the most BOSS SHIT ever to see in a live match.

El Sloth

Banned
Karsticles said:
Swap out Liberation and Purification for Dark Matter and Flame Carpet, or change how Liberation works as an assist. Alternatively, I think Dormammu might be a nice fit for a character that offers a meter-boosting assist.
I do use Morrigan with Dorm, but she needs so much meter herself to do any decent amount of damage that having them on the same team seems almost a bit counterproductive. 'Course, maybe it would be different if I was actually any good with her. :p

Seriously though, the only character I can say "I know how to play" in this game is Dormmamu.

Karsticles said:
Dormammu is top tier since when?
In the end I think he might end up being somewhere up there. Maybe not actual top tier, but certainly on the higher end of any tier lists.

I wanna see someone do the Finger projectile, tri-jump, wall bounce follow up, launch, cancel into 2C1D, relaunch, BnB, flame carpet + assist, relaunch, BnB, LVL3 hyper.

That would be the most BOSS SHIT ever to see in a live match.
Your opponent would probably flip out from hitstun degradation. Dormammu can't even relaunch twice via assists due to hitstun decay. Anyway, if you check the combo section of the Dormammu thread, there are a lot of combos similar to this, just not that second relaunch.

I do use Morrigan with Dorm, but she needs so much meter herself to do any decent amount of damage that having them on the same team seems almost a bit counterproductive. 'Course, maybe it would be different if I was actually any good with her. :p
Swap her out for Amaterasu? I've tried the meter-building tactic, but I feel like Dormammu is too reliant on an offensive assist to cover his ass to really make use of it. Characters like Deadpool, who don't really need any help to do anything, make better use of them.

Seriously though, the only character I can say "I know how to play" in this game is Dormmamu.
I know that feeling. I tend to be motivated by my interest in a character, though. If I'm not interested, I'll just half-ass them. I have ~1500 games with Sentinel, and just sat down to learn his fly/unfly combos a week ago, because I really just don't care for him. Same thing with Doom. It all feels so temporary for me, even though there aren't any other options for me.

In the end I think he might end up being somewhere up there. Maybe not actual top tier, but certainly on the higher end of any tier lists.
I'm not fond of tier discussions, but I think he'll be pretty close to the middle when all is said and done. Maybe bottom of the high tiers at best. He's too much of a contradiction, and has too many weaknesses in a game like this. The flawless creations like Wesker, Dante, Taskmaster, etc. will stay on top. If he could dash cancel and chain his c.L into c.H, then I think he could be potential for the high tiers.

LakeEarth

Sixfortyfive said:
Well maybe you're better than me. I had a record of something like 200 wins, 50 losses going into 4th Lord and now I'm something like 250 and 150.

EDIT - nevermind, I read that wrong. If you have rank set to "same", I'm 100% sure you won't face a Master Lord until you hit 4th Lord. I didn't face anyone over 5th Lord until I got to 4th Lord, and ever since I've never faced anyone under 4th Lord.

Dahbomb

Man I was wondering why I couldn't get the multiple relaunch combo working. I thought it was my execution that was off.

Still I was able to do: j.S, cr.L, cr.M, S, Hellfire, (move forward) cr.M, S, MMHS, LVL3.

I want to see this in tournament level play just for the WOW factor. You can do a similar one with Big Bang and follow it up with Dark Hole xx Chaotic Flame.

SmokeMaxX

Dorm is godly when you compare him to the bottom tier and alright when you compare him to the top tier. I think he's lower top or upper mid. He can apply pressure, has some offensive tools (which aren't great, but aren't bad), can punish pretty easily from anywhere, can self-OTG, and can legitimately chip someone to death in a 1v1 one battle pretty easily.

Sure he has some bad things, but he can win games when it's needed of him, and that's more than can be said for a lot of the cast which have close to zero ways of opening anyone up.

Man I was wondering why I couldn't get the multiple relaunch combo working. I thought it was my execution that was off.

Still I was able to do: j.S, cr.L, cr.M, S, Hellfire, (move forward) cr.M, S, MMHS, LVL3.

I want to see this in tournament level play just for the WOW factor. You can do a similar one with Big Bang and follow it up with Dark Hole xx Chaotic Flame.
Yeah, you can do it similarly with 3D0C, but that's really easy. I probably s.S, MMHS, relaunch, MMHS, 3D0C, Dark Hole, Chaotic Flame at least once in every match I'm in. If I go with 3D0C. It depends on the matchup. What's really funny is using X-Factor before 2D1C; the damage goes through the roof, dealing almost 1 million alone in level 3 X-Factor. Since all the meteors hit simultaneously, it's hilarious to see your opponent's life bar disappear entirely, and you get multiple bars of meter.

Dorm is godly when you compare him to the bottom tier and alright when you compare him to the top tier. I think he's lower top or upper mid. He can apply pressure, has some offensive tools (which aren't great, but aren't bad), can punish pretty easily from anywhere, can self-OTG, and can legitimately chip someone to death in a 1v1 one battle pretty easily.
Yeah, he can self-OTG, but it doesn't really lead to anything; he still needs an assist to help him out like most characters.

Sure he has some bad things, but he can win games when it's needed of him, and that's more than can be said for a lot of the cast which have close to zero ways of opening anyone up.
Hmm, I don't feel any of the cast is quite this helpless.

Barrier assist is hard to use because it doesn't last long enough. If it lasted 5 seconds it would be godlike. But it only lasts for 2. One benefit of the barrier though, is that you can call your second assist before it falls.

The 2 second period makes it so specific it hurts. It works incredibly well with Viewtiful Joe, though. It covers his voomerang charges and bounces his bombs around.

Barrier assist is hard to use because it doesn't last long enough. If it lasted 5 seconds it would be godlike. But it only lasts for 2. One benefit of the barrier though, is that you can call your second assist before it falls.

The 2 second period makes it so specific it hurts. It works incredibly well with Viewtiful Joe, though.
I would definitely consider making use of it for Dormammu if that barrier lasted 5 seconds. I would just sit and chuckle at Deadpool...

Karsticles said:
I would definitely consider making use of it for Dormammu if that barrier lasted 5 seconds. I would just sit and chuckle at Deadpool...
Not to mention that it would be a real aegis reflector for offense. Midscreen corner pressure for quick characters.

SolarPowered said:
What pads work best for fighting games on the PS3? I mostly play on the 360 and the buttons on the PS3 pad are just too flat and far apart for my taste..
You beat me using a stock 360 pad? D:

Interestingly, I played some lobby matches with a friend last night, and went 12-6 against him even though his combo execution was much better than mine. Once he caught Zero or Ammy in a combo he could often kill them outright. I rely on shorter combos and my only reliable way to 100% kill is with Zero (X-factor and/or DHC after Rekkoha).

And I have now experienced the joy of using Ammy vs. Sentinel. That is one frozen-ass robot now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Parallax Scroll said:

Interestingly, I played some lobby matches with a friend last night, and went 12-6 against him even though his combo execution was much better than mine. Once he caught Zero or Ammy in a combo he could often kill them outright. I rely on shorter combos and my only reliable way to 100% kill is with Zero (X-factor and/or DHC after Rekkoha).

And I have now experienced the joy of using Ammy vs. Sentinel. That is one frozen-ass robot now.

Depending on the character, long and drawn out combos are more for meter building than they are for additional damage. Very short combos and resets can do lots of damage very quickly.

Also, Zero and Ammy have very little health. One combo should kill them outright for a lot of characters.

GuardianE said:
Depending on the character, long and drawn out combos are more for meter building than they are for additional damage. Very short combos and resets can do lots of damage very quickly.
The only reason I'm doing short combos is because you've got to crawl before you can walk. It just feels like the opponent has more "skill" when they can do these gigantic combos, and it feels pretty good to beat a "better" player through smaller combos, smart assist use, zoning, chip, etc.

It also makes me think "If only I could do those combos..."

Umm... we're talkinga bout Dormammu right? Purification into Chaotic Flame is his bnb.
When we're talking about self-OTGing, I assume we mean for relaunching and such, where it's actually a notable attribute. Purification to Chaotic Flame is like saying Hulk can self-OTG because he can Gamma Wave into Gamma Tsunami; you wouldn't really list that as a major feature of Hulk, would you? It's just how Dormammu finishes his combos, and 90% of the time, it's your only option. I would rather have Storm's versatility for finishing hyper combos; one they're in the air, you can finish in any of your three hypers, making her one of the best DHC characters in the game. Dormammu pretty much has Chaotic Flame, and if your teammates can't DHC off of Chaotic Flame, tough shit.

Not to mention volcano.
This is a huge waste of 2D1C.

shaowebb

Man my game has gone right to shit lately since not practicing for 5 days. I'm dropping combos with every one I have, but somehow doing better with Haggar now.

Trick is to cross em up using jumping legdrop and then go into your stuff ending in launcher air combo. Instead of ending your air combo in an airgrab though just keep doing legs and body splash stuff until you fall out and once you're falling too low swing pipe. It throws them all the way to the ground into the bounce and since you were already going down you land in time to throw your launcher again and to do another aircombo which you can end in a throw. One combo like this and I take 2/3 health now no meter no hyper no xfactor.

Sadly though the rest of my game has gotten sloppy as hell. I dropped way to much shit last night and my Wolverine may as well have announced he would miss his second launcher. The worst part was I couldn't smash out any TAC I was hit with. Da hell man...

oh well. Back to practicing.

Alucrid

Banned
I suck now. Well, it's more like my playing curve hit an asymptote early on and now the general online populace has surpassed that. :(

Luckily MK is coming out so I can go from good to okay to bad to worse in that now.

Any tips for not dropping the air part of Zero's BnB?

L M H Shippuga S ^ M M H S Rekkoha

I've done this combo a zillion times in practice mode and online, but I still sometimes drop them in the air. Usually if I drop it, it's by whiffing the j.S after the 3rd hit of the j.H. Sometimes they are over Zero's head at this point and the j.S whiffs. It feels like the jump trajectory is off sometimes. I've tried different timings, mashing the hits as fast as possible, adding delays, but it's still not clear why the jump is off sometimes.

shaowebb said:
Man my game has gone right to shit lately since not practicing for 5 days. I'm dropping combos with every one I have, but somehow doing better with Haggar now.

Trick is to cross em up using jumping legdrop and then go into your stuff ending in launcher air combo. Instead of ending your air combo in an airgrab though just keep doing legs and body splash stuff until you fall out and once you're falling too low swing pipe. It throws them all the way to the ground into the bounce and since you were already going down you land in time to throw your launcher again and to do another aircombo which you can end in a throw. One combo like this and I take 2/3 health now no meter no hyper no xfactor.

Sadly though the rest of my game has gotten sloppy as hell. I dropped way to much shit last night and my Wolverine may as well have announced he would miss his second launcher. The worst part was I couldn't smash out any TAC I was hit with. Da hell man...

oh well. Back to practicing.
I haven't tried the leg drop crossup. I'll have to give that a shot.

I love those Haggar relaunch combos with the ground bounce, but a lot of my combos start off the air pipe so I can only launch them once.

shaowebb

Alucrid said:
I suck now. Well, it's more like my playing curve hit an asymptote early on and now the general online populace has surpassed that. :(

Luckily MK is coming out so I can go from good to okay to bad to worse in that now.

Oh God no don't play mortal kombat. Any game that thinks the most exciting move in the match should occur AFTER it ends is doing it wrong. It's all one hit that pops them in the air and juggle till dead and then shit on them with a fatality. Metagame is as simple as "how do i put them in the air to start juggling bullshit?"

Any franchise that can make a next gen DC fighting game into something shit tier gets no love from me.
Hey guys! Lets take DC superheroes and give them fatalities! That'll totally make sense!

Parallax Scroll said:

I love those Haggar relaunch combos with the ground bounce, but a lot of my combos start off the air pipe so I can only launch them once.

Yeah piping first is pretty much wasting your ground bounce. Just set an assist up along the ground and dive in with the leg drop. You can throw multiples of it in the air since it's his L and his feet extend way past their head. Try to literally plant it so deep you teabag them on the way down and they get crossed up pretty good.

Haggar is way better saving the pipe to sling in his combos as he falls out in the air to go for a relaunch since his basic air combo hits for so much that doing it twice is lethal if you follow the last air combo with an assist that sets for a hyper upon landing or just TAC it into someone who can keep it going like sentinel, magneto, or taskmaster.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I know the feeling. I haven't been able to play as well for the past few days either. My game took a huge nosedive down. I have to practice a lot more, especially, before I get back to Philly. And then I need to get back into SF4 for AE...and now MK9, so I don't look free as fuck, when my tourney going friends invite me over for casuals.

shaowebb said:
Oh God no don't play mortal kombat. Any game that thinks the most exciting move in the match should occur AFTER it ends is doing it wrong. It's all one hit that pops them in the air and juggle till dead and then shit on them with a fatality. Metagame is as simple as "how do i put them in the air to start juggling bullshit?"

Any franchise that can make a next gen DC fighting game into something shit tier gets no love from me.
Hey guys! Lets take DC superheroes and give them fatalities! That'll totally make sense!

Not this bs. I won't get into that argument here tho.

Chavelo

shaowebb said:

DERP-megaman.jpg

Or maybe I'm not picking up the sarcasm... :-/

What's wrong with volcano? That used to be my most used one.
There's nothing wrong with 2D1C, it's just not a good use of it to OTG. You'll miss most of the damage it can potentially do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pw6SO5bkG0

If you OTG with it, you just get the spike and a few stray fireballs hitting, at best. 2D1C can potentially give Dormammu a full bar of meter, while dealing ~250K damage. If you just want to OTG, then use 3D0C or 1D2C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBFAUyaswsI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csplNyTeL2c

Oh dear, are people really going to try and argue in favor of MK's gameplay on here?

Grecco

Would be nice to keep the thread MK free.

Anyways. Im curious about Zeros Sentsuizan, anyone use it to otg after an initial launch to set up a seccond launch? You need an assist also.

shaowebb said:
Yeah piping first is pretty much wasting your ground bounce. Just set an assist up along the ground and dive in with the leg drop. You can throw multiples of it in the air since it's his L and his feet extend way past their head. Try to literally plant it so deep you teabag them on the way down and they get crossed up pretty good.

Haggar is way better saving the pipe to sling in his combos as he falls out in the air to go for a relaunch since his basic air combo hits for so much that doing it twice is lethal if you follow the last air combo with an assist that sets for a hyper upon landing or just TAC it into someone who can keep it going like sentinel, magneto, or taskmaster.
Sounds like I could try using the air pipe more for closing distance with the expectation that it'll usually be blocked, and go for more combo setups that don't waste the ground bounce early. I heard Haggar's dash forward > cr.L is a decent combo starter too.

Could you give an example of an assist/hyper you use for the bolded part? I just end the second air combo with a Wild Swing and call it a day.

Threi

notag
damn @ the spiderman player in Marvelous adventures :O

that is what I like to see, even if he had to resort to wesker assist :/

too bad taskmaster does like 2x the damage for 1/3 the effort :/

...fucking marvel.

Solune

Parallax Scroll said:
LOL I had the same reaction when Solarpowered said he uses a OG 360 D pad, I still don't believe it
Parallax Scroll said:

I've done this combo a zillion times in practice mode and online, but I still sometimes drop them in the air. Usually if I drop it, it's by whiffing the j.S after the 3rd hit of the j.H. Sometimes they are over Zero's head at this point and the j.S whiffs. It feels like the jump trajectory is off sometimes. I've tried different timings, mashing the hits as fast as possible, adding delays, but it's still not clear why the jump is off sometimes.
I think you should delay your jump after the Launch S, then M, M quickly and when you press H, Zero should still be above your opponent and after H gets 3 Hits, they should be slightly above Zero at just the right range for S to hit.
One thing that's important to note is, if Zero has the opponent's point character AND assist, and you go for an air combo, the assist and the other character will drop out after the 2nd hit, J.H won't get a 3rd hit.

Grecco

Parallax Scroll said:

Its LMH(Wait3hits)Shppuga (Wait 3 hits) S MMH (then wait ) and then do S before Rekkoha.... If you do the Air S too early it will drop the combo always.

For whatever reason i cant add the other 2 loops. Because you can do

L-M-Crouching H-Shippuga-L-M-H-Shippuga-L-M-H-Shippuga-S-M-M-H-S-Rekkoha... and for the life of me i cant do more than one loop

Solune said:
LOL I had the same reaction when Solarpowered said he uses a OG 360 D pad, I still don't believe it

I think you should delay your jump after the Launch S, then M, M quickly and when you press H, Zero should still be above your opponent and after H gets 3 Hits, they should be slightly above Zero at just the right range for S to hit.
One thing that's important to note is, if Zero has the opponent's point character AND assist, and you go for an air combo, the assist and the other character will drop out after the 2nd hit, J.H won't get a 3rd hit.
It'll drop both characters? Hmm. Does Zero have a nice go-to combo for hitting 2 characters? Besides just going "oh shit I have two characters LEVEL THREE"

I've noticed that launch, delay, jump, then quickly hit magic series helps a lot for certain characters. I'll practice that some more with Zero.

Grecco said:
Its LMH(Wait3hits)Shppuga (Wait 3 hits) S MMH (then wait ) and then do S before Rekkoha.... If you do the Air S too early it will drop the combo always.

For whatever reason i cant add the other 2 loops. Because you can do

L-M-Crouching H-Shippuga-L-M-H-Shippuga-L-M-H-Shippuga-S-M-M-H-S-Rekkoha... and for the life of me i cant do more than one loop
I've done the ground loop, but even in practice mode it's hard to do, so I don't use it in matches. I am however starting to experiment with using an assist to do 2 Zero ground chains before launching.

For the bolded, do you mean doing the air S too early will drop the S, or the Rekkoha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom