• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahbomb said:
Nah I wasn't asking if characters should get a health buff/nerf or not, it's that does it matter if they do.

Like I am saying if Wesker had 500K health, would he still be considered good in MVC3 as everyone just sort of dies in one combo anyway? Sort of an exaggeration but that's basically the argument I was presenting.

And I wouldn't have a problem with those health changes if Capcom did make them.

I get what you're saying. One of the reasons MVC3 is so balanced is it is so combo-heavy and every character in the game can kill another in two combos. For that reason alone, a character having 700k vs 100k isn't as important as it is in other games.

I think balance in this game comes mainly from what characters can do, and guys like Wesker, Dante, Sentinel, etc. have such excellent basic and effective options in their movesets that they are going to be great additions to any team even with a big health nerf.

It's only when you get around the 110k mark that it makes a difference

Hey Spooky if your watching this, with the announcement that you will be running more justin.tv commercials, I can't mute those j.tv commercials makes it pretty frustrating to deal with.

Do what you must , but I'll firefox+adblock your streams, nothing personal but I simply hate j.tv's fuckin' loud ass ads.

Tiger uppercut said:
Hey Spooky if your watching this, with the announcement that you will be running more justin.tv commercials, I can't mute those j.tv commercials makes it pretty frustrating to deal with.

Do what you must , but I'll firefox+adblock your streams, nothing personal but I simply hate j.tv's fuckin' loud ass ads.
Those commercials have volume controls on them. I can't recall the last time I was ever NOT able to mute them.

Threi

notag
on chrome at least, you can't mute them.

and they still pop up even if the stream is offline (which is kinda ridiculous IMO)

...jtv is still far, FAR better than ustream though.

Threi said:

and they still pop up even if the stream is offline (which is kinda ridiculous IMO)

I've gotten tricked into thinking a stream was online because of one of those ads. Can't agree with you hard enough on the JTV > ustream comparison though.

Axis

errr, i mute them and i use chrome...the little volume thing always pops up in the bottom right hand corner

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Threi said:

This is an understatement. Ustream is the antigodlike.

Tiger uppercut said:

I just temporarily turn down the volume on my laptop if the commercial is too loud. Not a big deal.

Neki

Just finished a good training session with Tron, I can basically do the Clakey D combo no problem, so epic. Does anyone know any good ways on the ground to get in with tron? Spamming Air H all day doesn't seem like it'd work against real people (doesn't work against computers :O)

old meme is old, but I lol'd

yhHf4.jpg

bardia

finally started playing this game again and completely redid my team. Im playing spencer/wesker/akuma. Been doing nothing but training mode for the past 2 days since PSN has been down, now I just need to see if i can pull off all the combos/dhc glitch/wesker resets online.

Ultimoo said:
Just finished a good training session with Tron, I can basically do the Clakey D combo no problem, so epic. Does anyone know any good ways on the ground to get in with tron? Spamming Air H all day doesn't seem like it'd work against real people (doesn't work against computers :O)
M or H Drill into standing M or L works. That or poke with crouching L. You have a ton of time to hit confirm.

Neki

sonicspear64 said:
M or H Drill into standing M or L works. That or poke with crouching L. You have a ton of time to hit confirm.
reverse dragon punch is the worst input in the game to do, especially jumping, why couldn't it have just been QCB? :(

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ultimoo said:
reverse dragon punch is the worst input in the game to do, especially jumping, why couldn't it have just been QCB? :(
For some reason the designers seemed to really want to avoid QCB/HCB overlaps whenever possible, so some QCBs were changed to RDPs.

Like, Hsien-Ko's command grab (HCB+P) and gong (QCB+P) overlapped in Darkstalkers, so there was no such thing as a whiffed command throw for her; it'd just come out as a gong instead. Not so in MvC3.

My bad. Admittedly my Online knowledge almost exclusively comes from watching Marvelous Adventures. Seems like Dante and Wesker and Sentinel are way more common. I didn't see much Hulk outside of Ross himself.
They definitely are more common, though Sentinel much less so recently. I still see lots of Hulk.

Going off the top of my head of course. Would be cool if the game actually tracked this.
I'm sure Capcom gets all that data.

I often see her paired with Wolverine, Akuma and Zero. But most of them just spam the pseudo air dash attack and go for the training mode BNB that ends with the OTG into Hyper. Don't see any super fancy stuff with her usually.
Mirage loops are a bitch online.

Online, wolverine is the new sentinel. F*** you wolvy and your super safe dive kick.
Who do you use? Dormammu can stuff it with s.H or c.M.

Also what is a good device I can use to record directly from the PS3/TV/Arcade machine?
Check Shoryuken's Tech Forum.

It's easier against real people than computers, because the computer just says "what's a cross-up?" when you approach. It has no concept of mindgames. Mix up your j.H with j.S, and also TK Bonne Strike, which is +1 on block when performed in the air.

Like, Hsien-Ko's command grab (HCB+P) and gong (QCB+P) overlapped in Darkstalkers, so there was no such thing as a whiffed command throw for her; it'd just come out as a gong instead. Not so in MvC3.
I like this kind of idea, like an option select. Hsien-ko would be much easier to play if the gong was a QCB.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna play with a friend tomorrow so this is a prime opportunity to try some different characters for a change. So far I've been playing my Task/Wesker/Dante team exclusively and I could use some variety. Thinking of trying some X-23 and maybe Zero as I think he works well with her. Any suggestions for a logical third? I'm guessing someone with high health and with zoning options as they both lack those.

Neki

USD said:
Haha, GIFSoup.

imsomuchbetterthanthatykcn.gif

hey meanie, I don't have awesome video editing software like you. :p I was looking up how to do it but it seemed like a lot more work than necessary.

just going to have to deal with my crappy gifsoup.

94577740.gif

QisTopTier said:

my new team will rape you soon enough. D:

This weekend, if Portal 2 doesn't arrive on Saturday after work, I'm going to go into the lab and figure out what team of mine works best. I really need some expert advice on how I play (besides scrubbily) so I may come to GAF and see if anybody is willing to mentor me a bit.

Played a few random player matches tonight. When I play against people my own level (Fighter to 8th Lordish) I do okay, about 50% winning and losing. I then went into Ranked and got paired against a 4th Lord who had Thor on point. I managed to zone and dart in and out, staying alive with Zero and about half the match he wasn't able to land a single combo (I wasn't really either) then he finally got an overhead in and it was all over. Mounted a decent comeback with Lvl 3 X-Factor Shuma, but wasn't enough.

My three strongest I think are Zero/Amaterasu/Taskmaster but I like all three on point. I suppose I could put Taskmaster on anchor, his arrows would help cover approaches for both Zero and Ammy. Hmmmm, I may try that tomorrow.

Threi said:

exactly, I keep firefox on my computer as that's the only browser my college accepts to check on things, everything else I chrome it out, not to mention using crappy ass speakers.

Neki

does anyone know any good combos for Dante besides his basic day 1 bnb? I want something fancy to practice while PSN is done.

Well, I just gave Wolvie/Akuma a shot. I put Haggar in the 2nd slot since I figure he can benefit from Akuma's assist as well. Eventually I'll stop trying to airdash with Wolverine, lol. Anyone up for some fights? Experts need not apply. XBL: ParallaxScroll

NeoUltima

I guess I should be grateful for PSN being down. Been in training mode trying out a bunch of new characters.
Really digging Spider-Man. Haven't looked in the guide or anything for his real combos, but I like doing a,b,c, spiderswing, air a, b, c, land spidersting+follow up, cr. c, s, superjump b,b,c, spiderswing, max spider. Fun combo, wish it did more damage though.

Man, I stopped playing the game for a few days and my cousin accidentally took it to his house. I got it back today and I suck big time. I'm somewhat back to normal, but the drop in skill was horrifying.

I really hate how breaks effect our muscle memory and reflexes...

NeoUltima

SolarPowered said:
Man, I stopped playing the game for a few days and my cousin accidentally took it to his house. I got it back today and I suck big time. I'm somewhat back to normal, but the drop in skill was horrifying.

I really hate how breaks effect our muscle memory and reflexes...
Tis strange. Few day breaks actually usually make me better at fightin games...I guess cause I break bad habits or something. But yeah, long breaks can really mess me up in those ways too.

Neki

NeoUltima said:
I guess I should be grateful for PSN being down. Been in training mode trying out a bunch of new characters.
Really digging Spider-Man. Haven't looked in the guide or anything for his real combos, but I like doing a,b,c, spiderswing, air a, b, c, land spidersting+follow up, cr. c, s, superjump b,b,c, spiderswing, max spider. Fun combo, wish it did more damage though.
You should really look into his web-throw combos / ultimate web throw set-ups, they do so much damage it's insane.

How's Zero/Dante/Deadpool as a team?
Fairly squishy, good rushdown. Zero can make good use of OTG and Dante assists to extend his combos and get more meter. I'm not sure for deadpool as an anchor, he's good at zoning, so if you're good at zoning he might be okay. Team is also DHC glitch heavy, any character can DHC glitch into the other, which is good. Zero also needs a good projectile assist to help with his cross-up game.

Also, down H into forward H on tron doesn't work on Zero for some reason, is that a hitbox issue or is it just ineffective vs small characters?

edit: when I'm doing moves that require me to put the input twice for Dante, like Killer Bee -> The Hammer, does it matter when I do the input? I can never cancel Killer Bee into the Hammer, is there a specific frame I need or do I need to do it quickly?

Naar

Dahbomb said:
I saw one of them and I would say that they are barely above Low tier competitive play in USA.

Not much to say here, these guys were basically using all day 1 technology. They are like 2 months behind when it comes to bread and butters, strategies and mix ups. Naked Dante teleports, no Buster charging with Zero, no weapon changing with Ammy, no attempts at resets/air throws, improper use of team synergies and no DHC glitch usage even though both teams were capable of using it.

They aren't even using the full Day 1 Dante combo. They would get bodied in the US.

Yea I know they're not the best or anything, just wanted to see what you thought :) Also don't forget that this was recorded after the tournament finished. It was better during the competition.

Thanks for the input and I hope they get better. There is 1 more video uploaded and the rest got canceled by accident lol. Should be up by the end of the day I hope.

Also regarding the video equipment for recording, anyone have any suggestions on what to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom