• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
So currently I'm running : Taskmaster, Chris, Spencer.
I'm pretty bad at this game, but even I can tell that there isn't much synergy going on here.
So I'm thinking about dropping Chris since I'm decent with Tasky and I LOVE Spencer (for obvious reasons + he's an amazing anchor)
So any suggestions on who to put? Preferably someone noob friendly.
Thanks guys!

Bleepey

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
So currently I'm running : Taskmaster, Chris, Spencer.
I'm pretty bad at this game, but even I can tell that there isn't much synergy going on here.
So I'm thinking about dropping Chris since I'm decent with Tasky and I LOVE Spencer (for obvious reasons + he's an amazing anchor)
So any suggestions on who to put? Preferably someone noob friendly.
Thanks guys!

I came into this thread purely cos of your name.

jdub03

Ultimoo said:
edit: when I'm doing moves that require me to put the input twice for Dante, like Killer Bee -> The Hammer, does it matter when I do the input? I can never cancel Killer Bee into the Hammer, is there a specific frame I need or do I need to do it quickly?

I believe it has to be during the startup animation of killer bee. Do it as quickly as possible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
Wait, Mike Ross and Gootecks have more than one show?

This one's got gif material as well.
I'd like to thank GAF and Marvel for introducing me to the wonderful world of Mike Ross and Gootecks.

OT that I was going to post a new thread about this, but:

If Capcom got the DC license, who do you think they should put in the game?

I say off the top of my head:

Superman
Lobo
Green Lantern
Darkseid
Wonderwoman
Flash
metallo
that Martian guy

I am a DC comics noob. I don't even know who is their universe really, except from the Sueprman and JL cartoons I have watched.

Axis

anyone wanna play on xbl? east coast preferrably since the netcode is ass

ThatCrazyGuy said:

Superman
Lobo
Green Lantern
Darkseid
Wonderwoman
Flash
metallo
that Martian guy

I am a DC comics noob. I don't even know who is their universe really, except from the Sueprman and JL cartoons I have watched.

batman would be a no-brainer

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How is Batman not on that list?*

*I just finished Arkham Asylum and I can't believe I fucking missed out on this game. No wonder people were screaming GOTY that year.

I'd like Scarecrowe too.

Grecco

ThatCrazyGuy said:

Superman
Lobo
Green Lantern
Darkseid
Wonderwoman
Flash
metallo
that Martian guy

That Batman guy. I heard hes popular :)

Hmm, Batman with a nifty suite or something ;)

I was watching batman/Superman Apocalypse the other night. How can Darseid punch Superman and make him feel the pain, and NOT kill batman when he punches him! That clever bastard.

I would love a singular Batman universe fighting game!

ThatCrazyGuy said:

Superman
Lobo
Green Lantern
Darkseid
Wonderwoman
Flash
metallo
that Martian guy

Uhhh Aquaman.

srsly.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hmm, Batman with a nifty suite or something ;)

I was watching batman/Superman Apocalypse the other night. How can Darseid punch Superman and make him feel the pain, and NOT kill batman when he punches him! That clever bastard.

Everyone sandbags against Batman.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Now this would be a glorious sight to behold!

I'm assuming the lists is for a hypothetical Capcom Vs. DC game? Then definitely need Joker, too iconic to not be in, and Hawkgirl, don't front on the JL cartoon crew. And there's gotta be at least one stupidly broken person from the comics, like Superman with a GL ring after sitting in a galaxy made of suns for 1 million years or whatever bs comics come up with.

ReiGun

Who are the other Phoenix players on Gaf using along side Jean. I want a Phoenix team as my secondary (maining Deadpool/Trish/Iron Man), but I dont know who to pick. Right now, I'm running X-23/Ammy/Jean

ThatCrazyGuy said:

Superman
Lobo
Green Lantern
Darkseid
Wonderwoman
Flash
metallo
that Martian guy

Batman, The Joker, Dr. Fate, Black Canary, Aquaman, Catwoman, Robin (Damian Wayne), Dick Grayson (either Nightwing or Batman II), Deathstroke, Power Girl, Zatanna, Lex Luthor w/ Power Suit, Hawkman, Raven, Hawkgirl...

I'm more of a DC guy, so my wish list for such a game would be huge. :p

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
The Mortal Kombat part is actually interesting to watch since I haven't really seen the game in action much yet.

I'm getting better at Zero's buster relaunch :)

I can do a modifed ClakeyD tron combo that does 800k and I can do Dante's day 1 bnb, lol. :D

Ultimoo said:
I can do a modifed ClakeyD tron combo that does 800k and I can do Dante's day 1 bnb, lol. :D
That's the only thing I know how to do with Dante! :D

I'm trying out Wolverine a bit more. I'm hesitant to put him on the same team as Zero since they're both so fragile, but I can end an air combo with Fatal Claw and DHC to Rekkoha, which is pretty cool.

The Wolverine combo I'm currently practicing is:

LMLHS ^ MMLH > Drill Claw (neutral) > Dive Kick > HS ^ MMLH > Drill Claw (neutral) > Fatal Claw

I'm pretty much just making the combo up as I go, so if anyone can suggest some tweaks I'd appreciate it. :) Keep in mind my execution isn't the best, so I don't want to mess with really difficult stuff yet.

I wanna see crazy assist setups! I get bored watching 1v1 because every character shares half of their normals anyway, everyone has the same speed, jump, health, etc. On top of that, characters don't have as many moves or as much subtlety as other 2d games. At least with 2v2 you get some real uniqueness going and you can start deciding what you really want to leverage. There's just a little more freedom.

God's Beard said:
I wanna see crazy assist setups! I get bored watching 1v1 because every character shares half of their normals anyway, everyone has the same speed, jump, health, etc. On top of that, characters don't have as many moves or as much subtlety as other 2d games. At least with 2v2 you get some real uniqueness going and you can start deciding what you really want to leverage. There's just a little more freedom.
One of my friends actually said he prefers Mortal Kombat because the characters mostly play identically aside from their special moves.

Neki

God's Beard said:
lol you and your weird love for assists. Does that mean you don't like Street Fighter 4 as much as MvC3?

Ultimoo said:
lol you and your weird love for assists. Does that mean you don't like Street Fighter 4 as much as MvC3?
uhhh... yeah, I basically said fuck sf4 when marvel came out. last time I played super was december. Assists are my favorite because they're the closest thing to stand attacks.

Barrage

God's Beard said:

I agree. I want Tag to become standard in MK. They'd just have to figure out how to do the rounds, because 2/3 would be too damn long.

ReiGun said:
Who are the other Phoenix players on Gaf using along side Jean. I want a Phoenix team as my secondary (maining Deadpool/Trish/Iron Man), but I dont know who to pick. Right now, I'm running X-23/Ammy/Jean

Batman, The Joker, Dr. Fate, Black Canary, Aquaman, Catwoman, Robin (Damian Wayne), Dick Grayson (either Nightwing or Batman II), Deathstroke, Power Girl, Zatanna, Lex Luthor w/ Power Suit, Hawkman, Raven, Hawkgirl...

I'm more of a DC guy, so my wish list for such a game would be huge. :p

If you are a DC guy, I had a quick question. In the Green Lantern trailer, they are on that "home" planet having that meeting thingy with all the different protectors.

So I am to believe there could be a thousand different "green lanterns"? Each using their own imaginations to use their rings?

Man, that would give capcom mad freedom for special/normal movesets.

Grecco

ThatCrazyGuy said:
If you are a DC guy, I had a quick question. In the Green Lantern trailer, they are on that "home" planet having that meeting thingy with all the different protectors.

So I am to believe there could be a thousand different "green lanterns"? Each using their own imaginations to use their rings?

Green Lantern Corps are essentially intergalactic space cops, each has their own sector they patrol, but each has the same power ring so their powers are mostly the same. Like theres a couple of random Green Lanterns who vary this. Jack T Chance i think used guns as well (he was totally lame), and theres like Mogo who is a planet, (yeah i know crazy).

I am a pretty big DC fan myself, with my favorite superhero ever being one of the Green Lanterns, the one true Green Lantern, Guy Gardner :)

Neki

God's Beard said:
uhhh... yeah, I basically said fuck sf4 when marvel came out. last time I played super was december. Assists are my favorite because they're the closest thing to stand attacks.
But what about AE? AEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

ReiGun

ThatCrazyGuy said:

You are correct. There is no one Green Lantern (at least, not anymore), but rather an entire Green Lantern Corps, each oh whom patrol a different sector of space. The Green Lantern in the movie is Hal Jordan, and the black one from the old JL cartoon is John Stewart. There are also 7 other lantern corps (red, yellow, orange, blue, indigo, violet, and black).

Speaking of, add Atrocitus and Sinestro to that list.

kitzkozan

God's Beard said:
I played AE a couple times. It's really good, but Marvel is more fun.

I'll agree that MvC3 is more fun to play and watch than SFIV no matter what version, but AE will fill the void for classic SF until SF x Tekken. :p Really liked watching that 5 vs 5 and seeing Daigo's Yun. All in all, AE is probably the best version of IV despite the controversial tweaking.

SF x Tekken could easily the best FG coming out of Capcom modern effort since it already look fun to play in it's alpha state and won't have a comeback mechanic until proven otherwise. Just don't think they can go wrong with the zoning / spacing of SF combined with the aggressive play of Tekken and tag mechanics as a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom