• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, no way Marvel is gonna fill in the SF-style slot lol.

I do think SF vs Tekken is going to turn out well, especially if the game really does have over 40 characters in the first iteration. Come on Hwoarang!

Neki

I kinda want to laern better Dante bnb combos but bold canceling on a pad is extremely tough, it's only an extra 100k and some meter, oh well. :p I'll just spam tron assist and low l all day.

kirblar

I gotta say, I'm sick of the "You should be streaming Evo, Spooky!" stuff.

If you have guys dropping the "other" f-bomb on mic, you're not going to be streaming at an event that might draw mainstream media attention, and you don't deserve to, either.

Axis

kirblar said:

If you have guys dropping the "other" f-bomb on mic, you're not going to be streaming at an event that might draw mainstream media attention, and you don't deserve to, either.

you mean like pretty much every fucking stream out there? he SHOULD be streaming evo because he works damn hard at what he does and does it alone...

you think he's dumb enough to not realize he'd have to pg-ify his stream if he was to do evo? come on

kirblar said:

Way to assume they wouldn't be professional.

I kinda want to laern better Dante bnb combos but bold canceling on a pad is extremely tough, it's only an extra 100k and some meter, oh well. :p I'll just spam tron assist and low l all day.
Since you're on a pad, I assume you don't plan on playing competitively, and you just like to play with friends and online; consider one of the following:
1) Map the A1+A2 button (L2?) to A+S, so you have a one button Bold.
2) Map your Light attack to the A1+A2 button, so you can hit it simultaneously with X easier.

This is how pad Zero players charge their buster, so maybe it will help you.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Karsticles said:
Since you're on a pad, I assume you don't plan on playing competitively, and you just like to play with friends and online; consider one of the following:
1) Map the A1+A2 button (L2?) to A+S, so you have a one button Bold.
2) Map your Light attack to the A1+A2 button, so you can hit it simultaneously with X easier.

This is how pad Zero players charge their buster, so maybe it will help you.

I might have to try that, because it's not just the 100k you're missing in my experience. It's much harder to get the volcano in on its own, besides air S, but my air S is kinda transparent and I'm not to good with canceling the into something that suits the situation better.

I might have to try that, because it's not just the 100k you're missing in my experience. It's much harder to get the volcano in on its own, besides air S, but my air S is kinda transparent and I'm not to good with canceling the into something that suits the situation better.
You're right. Bold isn't just about extra damage, it's pretty much necessary to keep pretty up against experienced players. It's not a good idea to forgo the ability to cancel the recovery on ALL of your normals, haha.

Neki

Karsticles said:
You're right. Bold isn't just about extra damage, it's pretty much necessary to keep pretty up against experienced players. It's not a good idea to forgo the ability to cancel the recovery on ALL of your normals, haha.
psh, online players and Q suck at punishing me on recovery so it's all good, but I'll try it. :p

psh, online players and Q suck at punishing me on recovery so it's all good, but I'll try it. :p
It's not about punishing, it's about maintaining momentum. As long as your opponent is blocking, he's not attacking you. Just think, after doing a few normals, would you rather have to find your way in again, or not have the assault stop at all?

Neki

I also don't know why the computer doesn't know how to block Sentinel's low m, must be the super armor it has. :O god I'm getting bored without PSN, I should go buy Street Fighter 4, can probably get it for less than 30 dollars, yay.

edit: damnit, I realized why I put off on SSF4, I'd need a stick to actually play, Street Fighter on a pad sucks. >_>

shaowebb

Geez this sucks. It's 4:34 and I'm still doing college stuff. I haven't played MVC3 in forever and this is happening each week.

Time to set some priorities and unfortunately it can't be Marvel for me. I got a chance at scoring a legitimate internship with a studio now alongside of one developer offering me an interview and hinting that at minimal I'll get QA work.

Looks like I'm outta the scene for a few months guys while I try to settle college, career, and potentially a coast to coast move of everything I possess if things go well. Been fun, but I'm tired of living on the outside of this industry and I'll damned sure sack everything to get there.

Just do me a favor while I'm away. Somebody try to roll out some high level Ammy tech that doesn't rely on reflector or dhc glitch. I really wanna see some whip and sword stuff and I'm not even gonna get a chance to work at it.

*walks into sunset...sunrise...damn its late*

Neki

shaowebb said:
Geez this sucks. It's 4:34 and I'm still doing college stuff. I haven't played MVC3 in forever and this is happening each week.

Time to set some priorities and unfortunately it can't be Marvel for me. I got a chance at scoring a legitimate internship with a studio now alongside of one developer offering me an interview and hinting that at minimal I'll get QA work.

Looks like I'm outta the scene for a few months guys while I try to settle college, career, and potentially a coast to coast move of everything I possess if things go well. Been fun, but I'm tired of living on the outside of this industry and I'll damned sure sack everything to get there.

Just do me a favor while I'm away. Somebody try to roll out some high level Ammy tech that doesn't rely on reflector or dhc glitch. I really wanna see some whip and sword stuff and I'm not even gonna get a chance to work at it.

Ryan Hunter was probably off some amazing Ammy technology, I think he went sword and weapon changed into whip, and then did one diagonal ice blast into level 3. I forget which stream it was, but it's mad hype. He's got the best look Ammy so far.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
You use ammy and zero dumbass your normals leave you with frame advantage :LOL
psh not if I whiff and you punish me. we also always get to the point where I forward H with Zero and you block and we both go for low l, and you always win that exchange. happens at least one a game. I'm probably removing Zero for tron so. D:

Just think of it as taking a break until Super MvC3.

EYEL1NER

Picked my buddy up from returning from a deployment to UAE late last night.
We went to my place, then went and got some Wendys, and then watched a little bit of House. But he was in UAE when MvC3 came out; I had to buy his copy and mail it to him.
So we sat down together and played MvC3 against each other for the first time.
I went 54 and 30 against him. About 20 wins in, I started picking all random and then he started doing the same. Damn Felicia and X23 kept popping up though.

Anyways, I had an absolute blast last night. And then I thought, 'if only the online in this game could be as fun as the games I just played.'
Oh well. Maybe a decade from now Capcom will have figured out online play.

Dirtbag

I just faced the most impressive Spencer online I have ever seen.
He was running this Spencer / Spidey / Domm team that was shit hot.

He did things with Spencer I've never seen, it was like I couldn't move anywhere on the screen that he didn't want me to. So impressive.

I want to learn some more Spencer stuff, anyone got any good links to something good?
I've got Spencer's basics down already.

Dirtbag

ThatCrazyGuy said:
OT that I was going to post a new thread about this, but:

If Capcom got the DC license, who do you think they should put in the game?

I say off the top of my head:

Superman
Lobo
Green Lantern
Darkseid
Wonderwoman
Flash
metallo
that Martian guy

I am a DC comics noob. I don't even know who is their universe really, except from the Sueprman and JL cartoons I have watched.
17638.jpg

enzo_gt said:
GAF is best source of information :D

This is my favourite video this far.
I agree. To be honest, I didn't find the first few episodes of Online Warrior very interesting, when it was just match analysis. Putting the match analysis or character tutorial inside the framework of this goofy show is a lot more entertaining. The news anchor segment is nice, too. Max, I hope all your future episodes have a least a little bit of the goofy stuff mixed in with the serious analysis.

FINGER LASERS!

Ultimoo said:
I also don't know why the computer doesn't know how to block Sentinel's low m, must be the super armor it has. :O god I'm getting bored without PSN, I should go buy Street Fighter 4, can probably get it for less than 30 dollars, yay.

edit: damnit, I realized why I put off on SSF4, I'd need a stick to actually play, Street Fighter on a pad sucks. >_>
IMO a stick is a lot more important for Marvel than for Street Fighter.

You play Zero and Ammy? Who's your third? Got any tips about that pairing you'd like to share?

The main way I use Ammy to help Zero is using her ice assist while Zero goes for a mixup. I've also experimented a little with calling Ammy's assist during a Zero ground chain for extra hits, but haven't really used that much online yet. That and DHCing Rekkoha into Okami Shuffle... that's about all I do with that pair so far.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
kirblar said:

If there was ever a time I wanted to punch someone in the face.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow, the correlation between swearing and the capability to provide G-rated entertainment is the most abstract and stupid connection I've ever seen.

That's like saying because Bob Saget does standup with swearing he couldn't also do Full House.

Professor Beef said:
Team Sp00ky is streaming a MvC3 and MK tournament today. They're doing MvC3 casuals right now.

Thanks for the heads up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MThanded said:
What the hell happened to LI Joe's head. I have it on mute so i could not hear.
He's talking about him getting hit by the gate infront of his house. Now just making Gate jokes over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom