• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
IMO a stick is a lot more important for Marvel than for Street Fighter.

You play Zero and Ammy? Who's your third? Got any tips about that pairing you'd like to share?

The main way I use Ammy to help Zero is using her ice assist while Zero goes for a mixup. I've also experimented a little with calling Ammy's assist during a Zero ground chain for extra hits, but haven't really used that much online yet. That and DHCing Rekkoha into Okami Shuffle... that's about all I do with that pair so far.

I don't know, in Street Fighter I'd actually need use 6 buttons actively while Marvel I only need 4 buttons, because assists don't have a strict timing and aren't used as much. I'm rocking Zero/Ammy/Sentinel which is a very glass team.

I mainly use the Sentinel drones for mix-ups because they stay on screen later and the Ammy assist comes out pretty slow sometimes. Marn was talking about for Zero, when you jump over someone, he says instead of using command dash M to try to cross him up, you can instead fake using the command dash M and use command dash L and go for a low m. Most people won't expect you to immediately go back down and it's a pretty good tactic for zero. To be effective with Zero you need to use his command dashes well and keep a constant charge on buster. :p

QisTopTier said:
LOL You think I turtle now? Wait til you have tron assist XD

Well drones kinda suck against someone when they super jump all over the place, but once I get in, you're not getting out with tron. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LOL @ Audio cutting and Sp00ky deciding to run an add while he tries to fix it.

h3ro said:
Nerdjosh and haunts about to form breakdance voltron.
Why don't we have a GIF of haunts breakdancing again?

Ultimoo said:
I don't know, in Street Fighter I'd actually need use 6 buttons actively while Marvel I only need 4 buttons, because assists don't have a strict timing and aren't used as much. I'm rocking Zero/Ammy/Sentinel which is a very glass team.
I think it's a lot easier to develop combo muscle memory on a stick. Plus I don't have to do the whole damn combo with just my thumb, and then there's super jumping and constant PP dashing, which are a pain on pad.

Ultimoo said:
I mainly use the Sentinel drones for mix-ups because they stay on screen later and the Ammy assist comes out pretty slow sometimes. Marn was talking about for Zero, when you jump over someone, he says instead of using command dash M to try to cross him up, you can instead fake using the command dash M and use command dash L and go for a low m. Most people won't expect you to immediately go back down and it's a pretty good tactic for zero. To be effective with Zero you need to use his command dashes well and keep a constant charge on buster. :p
Yeah that Marn video was really informative. I'm getting better with the command dashes, and I do the command dash L > c.M trick sometimes. Command dash H is also nice if you hit H on the way down and cross them up.

I'm starting to charge the buster more often now that I have Zero's basic bnb down pretty well, but I'm definitely not used to it yet. For now I'm using the noob method of always holding L, and just using M and H to start combos. I don't want to get into button switching yet, especially since I don't use the ground loop online yet.

I mostly play Ammy keepaway so far with the ice projectile and random Okami Shuffles. I haven't learned much else with her yet besides, you know, HHHHH.

Hey Max, Captivate 2011 was in Miami, not Hawaii. That was Captivate 2010 (and you even have the 2010 logo tile)

Just nitpicking. I really like your show though!

Neki

If I ever find a stick for cheap, I'll think about investing in one, but I'm pretty happy with my muscle memory on the pad right now.

Ultimoo said:
If I ever find a stick for cheap, I'll think about investing in one, but I'm pretty happy with my muscle memory on the pad right now.
The TE has quickly become my favorite game controller ever, now that it's modded the way I like. You can sometimes find them on sale for like half off.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Parallax Scroll said:
I think it's a lot easier to develop combo muscle memory on a stick. Plus I don't have to do the whole damn combo with just my thumb, and then there's super jumping and constant PP dashing, which are a pain on pad.
Wut? One button dash is the most plainly obvious advantage the pad has in this game. Some old school MvC2 heads still get salty about it.

Zero buster combos are like the only thing I can think of that are hard to do on pad in this game. You don't have to mangle your hands doing crouch-tech option selects or kara throws in this game like you do in SF.

Sixfortyfive said:
Wut? One button dash is the most plainly obvious advantage the pad has in this game. Some old school MvC2 heads still get salty about it.

Zero buster combos are like the only thing I can think of that are hard to do on pad in this game. You don't have to mangle your hands doing crouch-tech option selects or kara throws in this game like you do in SF.
I guess I don't play Street Fighter at a high enough level where I really need the stick. Of course now that I have the stick, I'll use it. For me, Marvel is just really awkward on a pad.

It was probably a bigger deal in Marvel 2. With a normal button layout, there's no good way to do Storm's Lightning Attack with your thumb, for example.

Ok, I'm used to Marvel again. Felt so weird not playing Marvel for a week after I had just learned Dr.Doom and Mags' BnBs, almost had to relearn them. I think for once I'll go into the character forums and see what people made up for Magneto, maybe I can get some good ideas for resets and such. I need the notation for the hyper grav loop anyway.

USD

_dementia said:
Chris G seems unstoppable. When was the last tine he lost?
He's definitely not unstoppable. NerdJosh won the last Guard Crush and 8-Bit. He didn't have to face Chris G in either though. Noel eliminated Chris at GC15 (not sure who beat him at 8-Bit).

USD said:
He's definitely not unstoppable. NerdJosh won the last Guard Crush and 8-Bit. He didn't have to face Chris G in either though. Noel eliminated Chris at GC15 (not sure who beat him at 8-Bit).
oh, I didn't even know he was in that tournament lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sn4ke_911 said:
HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.
What was this I missed?

Accidentally left the stream on, came back, it was black, refreshed and saw Yipes handing it to Smoothviper.

EDIT: Yipes going HAM, holy shit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
enzo_gt said:
What was this I missed?

Accidentally left the stream on, came back, it was black, refreshed and saw Yipes handing it to Smoothviper.

EDIT: Yipes going HAM, holy shit.

Oh man, you missed it? One of the best matches i've seen. Shit was sick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LakeEarth said:
Chris G and MarlinPie. Sick series of close matches, cool Viper technology most of us haven't seen.

Stream down :(
MarlinPie knocked Chris G out? Damn.. Chris G's Ryu was like as stimulus package of hype right when you thought it was gonna run out.

It's back! Internet at the venue died. Yipes won.

USD

enzo_gt said:
MarlinPie knocked Chris G out? Damn.. Chris G's Ryu was like as stimulus package of hype right when you thought it was gonna run out.
He didn't knock him out, he sent him to Loser's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom