• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
enzo_gt said:
Is Marvelous Adventures really over? :(
Maybe they can continue with MK?
Its the only gaming show i watch.

Fersis said:
Maybe they can continue with MK?
Its the only gaming show i watch.
They said they'll try MK on cross counter, their machinima show.
The game supports tag team play with multiple controllers, so this should be interesting to watch their team synergy.

Neki

SmokeMaxX said:
Captain America can't infinite anymore, that's why he needed the assists to keep them popped up. They eventually fall out. Only can do like 5-6 reps.
Even though it's not a true infinite, it looks like it can 100% most characters.

MrDaravon

My Chunli TE stick from the madcatz sale just showed up, I am HYPED! The packaging was ridiculously nice.

I've never really used a stick before outside of waaaaay back on SF2 in the arcades. I played or a few minutes, definitely going to take some getting used to.

zon

I've been watching the Sunday Showdown footage most of the day today, Yipes looks like he's coming back as one of the best players in Marvel. He mauled MarlinPie so badly in the grandfinals, that shit was free. I'm happy to see LI Joe take MK too. luv u joe <3<3

bardia said:
Sick combo video featuring sent/modok/captain america, it looks like the captain america infinite is back as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEK1ln4w1k8&feature=player_embedded

Jesus christ those are some sick combos with modok. :O

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Darkman M said:
Really? I remember kids in the mk thread bragging on how godlike online was gonna be lol.
Online feature set is godlike but the netcode is not godlike. I havent been online to play because PSN is still down!!!!!!! damnit.

Neki

I was just doing taskmaster mission 9 and I kept dong air legion arrow hyper instead of ground legion arrow hyper, FUUUUUUUUU.

Why is Hyper Grav so godlike?

Also, reworking my Thor tech to have better hit confirms and lockdown.

dKbUQ.gif

hitsugi said:
not really comparable to a guard break when your only option is to go for a grab guessing game. in MVC2, people had guard breaks down to a point where they were air-tight and whether you took the hit or blocked - you were fucked.
I'm trying to figure out how to do that with air command grabs. Might be something interesting there?

I want more over powered assists. I think all assists should be the best versions of their moves. Akuma should get H tatsu and Dormammu should get flame carpet and Tron should get H drill AWW YEAH

And Dante should get the cluster missiles.
Agreed!
Tracking Purification would make me put Sentinel back on point for that ol' MvC2 feel.

Really? I remember kids in the mk thread bragging on how godlike online was gonna be lol.
They also said the game would be good. It's just Sonic Syndrome.

Doesn't seem like there's a ton of uses for the Doom Missile glitch, hmm... There's gotta be some sort of assist shenanigan where I can get 3 or 4 sets safely. 6k in chip per missile is no joke, if I can get them to block 20 or so then Shere Flame on the way in, I can do serious free damage.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Apparently this isn't new info, but I guess guard breaks are kinda back?
Nah man this is hardly the same.

This is just a situation where you will be in a throw no matter what. Not that big of a deal since you can tech it (though if it works for command grabs that would be really sick).

It pretty much makes Phoenix really killable after an early snap back. Combine this with an assist + throw option select and you can keep the pressure going even if she techs it.

Man those 2 combo videos made my day. Nice to say Captain America back to his usual shenanigans again (which means he still has a touch of death combo, but now he needs assists for it).

Well seems like the guard break might just be a dream. Tested everything I could think of with Thor, Hulk and She-Hulk, but I just can't get the command grabs to connect. That said, it's a solid tick throw for grounded opponents, I guess.

I even tried using Hyper Grav assist for the tick, but it comes out too slow, and I can't think of any other assist that would work for its purpose. Purification?

Neki

God's Beard said:
Well seems like the guard break might just be a dream. Tested everything I could think of with Thor, Hulk and She-Hulk, but I just can't get the command grabs to connect. That said, it's a solid tick throw for grounded opponents, I guess.

I even tried using Hyper Grav assist for the tick, but it comes out too slow, and I can't think of any other assist that would work for its purpose. Purification?

What kind of assist would you need? Something that hits once and comes out fast?

Well I've tried a variety of flash kicks, uppercuts, vertical beams and a couple of random assists, but it doesn't seem like anything works. There might be a key assist somewhere that works with an instant air mighty hurricane H, but I haven't found it.

Apparently you can guard break people by grabbing them at the same frame an assist hits, though.

Neki

God's Beard said:
Well I've tried a variety of flash kicks, uppercuts, vertical beams and a couple of random assists, but it doesn't seem like anything works. There might be a key assist somewhere that works with an instant air mighty hurricane H, but I haven't found it.

Apparently you can guard break people by grabbing them at the same frame an assist hits, though.

What about C.Viper's Thunder Knuckle?

Axis

Ultimoo said:

if they're coming in off a snap or death then i think seismo might work better with the minimal hitstun/blockstun at the top of the seismo(where they'd come in at)

Ultimoo said:
Nope. With good assists though, I can grab them with Mighty Hurricane M right when they hit the ground, which is pretty good. I can use H with a couple assists, but the strict timing isn't really worth it and I don't use those assists anyway. It seems like as far as assists go, I can't find one where they recover before hitting the ground, and I can't find a way to use my normals and land a command throw. If I tick command throw, they fall too fast for the hit boxes, and if I cancel they're still in block stun. It seems like only normal throws will work with it.

Axis said:
if they're coming in off a snap or death then i think seismo might work better with the minimal hitstun/blockstun at the top of the seismo(where they'd come in at)

Can't get it to work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
so yeah. I need a fast primer on dante :(
You should at least start with the BnBs people made up pre-release. You know, the de facto Marvel combo. And then you can style from there (adding teleports, hammers, jam session>fireworks, etc.). I just can't execute for shit.

Grecco

I cant really either. I started with the missions and got to the 7th one. Pretty sure i can do that its just the timeing thats off for me. Ill continue tomorow.

I just need someone to put on point to build meter and dhc glitch into zero. Ive tried Deadpool and X23 so far. Now im messing with Dante.

I know ill end up using Magneto before next months local tournament. Its inevitable.

My team as currently stands is Someone-Zero-Akuma. Its like im holding auditions or something ugh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Same deal with me. I'm struggling to lock down what works best for my skill level. It's pretty much a combination of three of:

Zero/Dormammu / Iron Man / Hulk/Super Skrull

With Iron Man as the mid, who I don't plan to change, and my point character alternating between Zero and Dormammu. I seem to have better setups using assists (mainly Unibeam) with Zero, and a bit more synergy so to speak, but I'm feeling Dormammu's high health and damage output a ton. On the flip side, as my anchors, it's the same case. I'm loving the super armor and CRAZY damage output Hulk has, but at the same time I've ran my super scrub for a long time and seem to have grown an affinity to the ridiculously easy noob BnBs with Skrull (anything/meteor smash>tenderizer>super), and his LVL3 X-Factor damage output as well. The amount of options Skrull has relative to Hulk is something I like too. I can never quite do the OTG Gamma Wave into the crush hyper either with hulk.

I've been in this searching stage for like 2 months and still haven't found exactly what I'm best at, or what my best team is exactly, countless GAF matches and tips and all.

Alioune Magneto DHC trick into Thor BnB does ~1,125,000, ~1,310,000 ending on Mighty Hurricane :)

Completely self-sufficient, builds ~2.5 bars, requires 0 for the DHC trick :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom