• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how ranked matches work. If I'm a 9th scout why am I being pitted up againt 5th Lords and shit? Even in player matches, I'm always put up against someone with like 2+ ranks above me.

Yeah, yeah I know: You're not supposed to play Marvel online. :/

striKeVillain! said:
I still don't understand how ranked matches work. If I'm a 9th scout why am I being pitted up againt 5th Lords and shit? Even in player matches, I'm always put up against someone with like 2+ ranks above me.

Yeah, yeah I know: You're not supposed to play Marvel online. :/

I think it matches you to whoever is closest to you in rank in that window that you are searching for a game.

So maybe for that 1 minute window while you were searching, that 5th lord was the closest to you and was the only one available to be matched up with.

Or the matchmaking is broken, lol. I don't know for sure.

It makes sense, in that if nobody is available in your close rank rage while you are searching, it would leave you hanging, even though all the lords are searching for games too, which would suck I think.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
kirblar said:
LLND's cross-over counter vs Combofiend into the 3-hyper DHC in last week's WNF is absolutely amazing.
Looked like a pretty basic defensive maneuver to me. That's how you're supposed to use CCs.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
wtf apparently up air exchange ups the combo damage? and down air exchange only gives more meter, LOL.
You don't normally see much of an impact it due to the damage scaling.
Looked like a pretty basic defensive maneuver to me. That's how you're supposed to use CCs.
You rarely see them, people usually let themselves get chipped out. In this case, it's just the turnaround it creates (and the full screen spam chain once Hsien-Ko beats out She-Hulk in the footsie game that's really cool to see.

jdub03

Axis said:
use the down down ATK ATK hyper after cutting time. even if they hit the ground midscreen you can OTG them with the slide and use an assist to keep them up so you can continue the combo depending on your entire team layout

you can do a variation of the alioune combo in the corner(this is the only combo i practiced with mags as i wanted to run viper/mags/ammy or doom)

crouch c, s, jump c(late like you were doing the ghetto rom), stand c, instant jump c xx fierce magnetic blast, land, relaunch and repeat from jump c.

or you could do

crouch c, s, j.c, air dash forward, j.c xx light magnetic blast, stand c xx hyper grav then repeat from S.

i preferred the 2nd one because it leads directly into the hyper grav loop and it looks balling as fuck if you do 2 loops into the hyper grav loop

there are also times where if you do j.c air dash forward j.c xx light magnetic blast...that it will hit at a really low point and combo directly into hyper grav without the need of stand C...i'm not sure how to do it consistently but it could be useful

Got any tips on getting the hyper grav loop. I always miss the super jump C after the grav hits.

kirblar said:
You rarely see them, people usually let themselves get chipped out. In this case, it's just the turnaround it creates (and the full screen spam chain once Hsien-Ko beats out She-Hulk in the footsie game that's really cool to see.
Meh, watched the clip and it really wasn't anything special at all. Cross-over counters are definitely underused in this game, but I think that it is within reason due to the fact that it costs one meter to do it. In the video, he didn't hit the CC and then go straight into super. All he did was CC to get Chris out, his assist move was blocked, and then he played normally so those two things are in no way related. Also, I figure, just because something is uncommon doesn't automatically make it some kind of amazing technology.

kirblar

DarkoMaledictus said:
WTF... psn still down??? Its been since last thursday. Didn't try it since then and just figured hell I'll give a game online a try tonight... damn!
You should take a look at the news/other thread on it. There's a good reason it's down, unfortunately.

Axis

jdub03 said:
Got any tips on getting the hyper grav loop. I always miss the super jump C after the grav hits.

just get your super-jump timing down and superjump up-back as soon as the animation for hypergrav ends...then air dash down forward with C. not really a "trick" to it per-se just tight timing.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I love how I added this guy who lags super super hard every time I face him and basically only spams Chun-Li legs to my avoided players and I run into him four times in the next 20 or so matches I play.

I feel bad that Thor has the weakest meterless BnB out of my team :-(

Magneto: 600K+
Thor: 525K+
Doom: 550K+

On the plus side, I do have team Electic Trio.

Nils said:
I love how I added this guy who lags super super hard every time I face him and basically only spams Chun-Li legs to my avoided players and I run into him four times in the next 20 or so matches I play.
Me and my cousin fought some guy on ranked who played like that. He did nothing but that kick and it pissed me off even if I won every time...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So many great quotes in that Yipes first to ten:

"Why is a god losing to an African?"

"SHOUT OUTS TO THE NERF"

"FOR BARRY!" *shoots Shuma on the ground for the kill*

"He kicked me in the noggin, and I got Peek-a-boo'd on some Sesame Street assist."

*Wesker still OTG's off of a knockdown seconds ago* "Damn, all the time in the world huh?"

*Mags combo leading into grabbity squeeze* "A: Why does that hit from behind? Does Capcom know how to make proper hitboxes?
Y: I don't know, but this is Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so don't question it. YOUR defeated."

"Y: I don't understand the dive kick's priority. Andre can you explain?
A: It beats eve-
Y: Fuck off."

Awesome.

jdub03

Axis said:
just get your super-jump timing down and superjump up-back as soon as the animation for hypergrav ends...then air dash down forward with C. not really a "trick" to it per-se just tight timing.

Oh ok. I noticed that characters move towards magneto if he jumps immediately. I think that's what I was missing. Thanks.

Axis

jdub03 said:
Oh ok. I noticed that characters move towards magneto if he jumps immediately. I think that's what I was missing. Thanks.

yeah if you've ever fucked up his qcb ATK ATK hyper input after a hyper grav you'll notice they follow you cuz you generally get a backdash...that's when it clicked for me as well

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
holeeeeeeee mother of god. This guy on pad is a beast.

OMG WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did anyone see that?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ultimoo said:
what are you even talking about
The break weekly. A guy just beasted on a pad. It was sick. Took out zucco with some disgusting dormammu stuff and some crazy resets

Edit: hes back up. Lets see if he breaks it down again. First mvc3 pad warrior I have seen.

I guess everyone is busy in the psn thread lol.

I BELIEVE IN MASTA CJ

kirblar

I am so, so impressed with both his Dormammu set-up AND his Magneto as an anchor. Magneto's ability to one-shot Phoenix is awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Zaro said:
"Hold my [insert thing here]"

and

*wins round*
"and Yipes takes it"
hahahaha this was great too.

Someone link to stream please? Or is it over? Damn I missed pad warriors :(

I'm still convinced playing on the pad makes you handicapped by default though, I fail to execute any medium level shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom