• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

jdub03 said:
I've been trying to figure out if there is any way to end the mh air loop into the hyper grav loop. Or cut the mh loop in half and do the rest with the hyper grav loop.
if you can cut it short i'm sure it's possible....try the fly MH loop and after 3 reps do unfly H stand H hyper grav if you've pushed them into the corner...pretty sure it'll work?

y2dvd

jdub03 said:
I've been trying to figure out if there is any way to end the mh air loop into the hyper grav loop. Or cut the mh loop in half and do the rest with the hyper grav loop.

I cannot do the hyper grab loop. They fall the instant I try to tri-jump. I'm wondering if I'm doing it too slowly or if there's a trick for the hyper grab to pop them up instead of falling back.

Does Dante have a jump move with the Beowulf that gives him invulnerability? I was just attempting to punish teleports with throws and was getting hit by this one attack every single time, can't figure if my timing was just off a little due to mk.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Does Dante have a jump move with the Beowulf that gives him invulnerability? I was just attempting to punish teleports with throws and was getting hit by this one attack every single time, can't figure if my timing was just off a little due to mk.
Yeah, Max brought it up in his most recent video. It even went through Zero's lvl.3

Grifter

Spirit of Jazz said:
That's the hammer. Don't bother trying to block and punish, it's +20 for him.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
Yeah, Max brought it up in his most recent video. It even went through Zero's lvl.3

Cheers, I'll check Max's video out in a bit.

Grifter said:
That's the hammer. Don't bother trying to block and punish, it's +20 for him.

I'm really not liking how pretty much all of Dante's attacks that put him at risk can be cancelled and made invulnerable now.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, glad they ended it with that OnlineWarzone guy's inane raging.

Dahbomb

Spirit of Jazz Does Dante have a jump move with the Beowulf that gives him invulnerability? I was just attempting to punish teleports with throws and was getting hit by this one attack every single time, can't figure if my timing was just off a little due to mk.
Hammer on Dante is godlike. Insane priority on that move and safe on block. It leads to a solid combo as well. Plus it has INVULNERABLE frames. A good Dante player will always be covering his jumping attacks/j.S with Hammer. It also leads to some nice damage off of his throw when used after Rainstorm + particular assists.

The bad side to the move is that if he messes up the command for it (which is QCF+L~ QCF+L) he will get the Killer Bee move which is easier to punish/snuff out.

I'm really not liking how pretty much all of Dante's attacks that put him at risk can be cancelled and made invulnerable now.
Well that's how he was intended to be played, that's why he has the Bold cancel technique. He can cancel any of his normals into a command jump or another move with it, even teleports. It's why he has ridiculous flexibility for long combos, you will often see different high level Dante players using very different combos with him.

A lot of his normals are really unsafe and slow, he has to be constantly cancelling stuff to keep the pressure going or he will get snuffed out easily. Wolverine rapes Dante on that front but a good Dante player will keep Wolverine just within his Stinger or Hammer range to hit confirm into a combo.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
EventHubs: Super Street Fighter 4 has been getting a steady stream of DLC updates, close to a year after its release with the complete ultra costume pack being available on April 26, 2011. Do you think MvC3 will see a supply of DLC updates like this in the future as well?

Seth Killian: We know people want more content, so we're trying to decide how we should meet those demands. It's complicated from a lot of perspectives, and it's also up to Marvel, but we know people want more, so if we're smart, we'll find a way to get it to them.

While still somewhat of a non-answer, it's nice to hear at least something about new DLC. Does seem like they're conflicted between separate characters or a complete revision. Great interview, seems like the guy is putting a lot of effort in is job.

Powerup is in a couple days. It's gonna be crazy! Wish I could go and get some games in with TS on Thursday, but I have class Friday and no place to stay that night.

EDIT: Be on the lookout for DandyJ's new combo video. Should be up today or tomorrow.

Dahbomb

Nils said:
EventHubs: Super Street Fighter 4 has been getting a steady stream of DLC updates, close to a year after its release with the complete ultra costume pack being available on April 26, 2011. Do you think MvC3 will see a supply of DLC updates like this in the future as well?

Seth Killian: We know people want more content, so we're trying to decide how we should meet those demands. It's complicated from a lot of perspectives, and it's also up to Marvel, but we know people want more, so if we're smart, we'll find a way to get it to them.

While still somewhat of a non-answer, it's nice to hear at least something about new DLC. Does seem like they're conflicted between separate characters or a complete revision. Great interview, seems like the guy is putting a lot of effort in is job.
Seems like there really is some issue with Marvel DLC content.

My guess is that Capcom wants Venom/Gambit/Psylocke/Cable in to sell the DLC but Marvel is like "no we don't want those in, we want these in".

Then there is the whole structuring thing. Are they going to do it per character basis, DLC mega update or release another full version?

And yeah can't wait for PowerUp. It's been too long since the last major MVC3 tournament.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm ready for Power-Up. The Huntington Pad Warriors are going to clean up MvC3 teams; bet it. Or not.

I'm still on the fence about registering for TvC. They only have two entries for the game so far, one of them being Justin Wong. My friends and I theorize that we could probably knock that other guy out and then get JWong to ragequit by having all of us pick PTX. Plus I would find it personally hilarious if we could scrounge up 4 or so more entries for TvC and beat out the current MvC2 tournament headcount.

Grecco said:
I hope they dont end the show :( after destroying everybody that last marvelous adventures.
The look on Gootecks' face at 23:00 had me in stitches.

jdub03

Axis said:
if you can cut it short i'm sure it's possible....try the fly MH loop and after 3 reps do unfly H stand H hyper grav if you've pushed them into the corner...pretty sure it'll work?

Cool. I haven't gotten the grav loop down yet but if I can link the two I'll be happy for days. I can't do his rom so I'm trying to use this to get decent damage. I never thought about unflying at the end of the loop. I will try this when I get off work.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Holy shit, air M and H have the same startup time. That's what I get when Magneto is the one character I didn't check my frame data for.
Yeah that j.H is godlike on Magneto. You really don't even need the M's, he can just combo with H + dashes all day long.

Although I like the MMH fly combo too, I just like that flow better as I am so used to doing MMH's with other characters by now.

Threi

notag
in3ZiY.gif

vg260

Dahbomb said:

My guess is that Capcom wants Venom/Gambit/Psylocke/Cable in to sell the DLC but Marvel is like "no we don't want those in, we want these in".

Then there is the whole structuring thing. Are they going to do it per character basis, DLC mega update or release another full version?

And yeah can't wait for PowerUp. It's been too long since the last major MVC3 tournament.

They just need Frank and Ock back in the game, and I'd be content.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:

I'd imagine the Marvel input would complicate stuff. If Marvel's objective is to reflect the current Marvel universe I can see them having the following issues for the characters you listed.

Not sure if people would want this spoiler tagged as they're just current status quo stuff, but mild spoiler warning anyways.

Venom: Which Venom do we pick? Classic Eddie Brock Venom hasn't been Venom in like ten years, but is now Anti-Venom...Would the fans accept Anti-Venom instead? Or do we pick Mac Gargan, who's better known as the Scorpion but was in the suit for the last ten years...until Flash Thompson who's been a Black Ops style Venom for all of two issues so far. Do we have enough to get a moveset out of this without contradicting future storylines? Will there be an outcry for a more classic Venom instead if we go with him or is it a good move to push the new character more? What about Carnage instead?

Gambit: More low-key X-Men than he was in the 90's. Currently has some sort of alternate Death persona going on, do we add it for the character or ignore it? Do we want this game to be oversaturated with X-Men again or give his slot to some unrepresented Marvel universe corner like a cosmic hero such as Nova?

Psylocke: Has gotten a bit more spotlight recently, but doesn't have any TK Powers anymore in-universe (I think) and is now more of a mind-reading ninja. Will old fans be pissed if we completly alter her moveset? Another X-Men taking up a slot in the roster.

Cable:
Currently dead, but so is Phoenix I guess...Still say it hurts his odds
Did fans love him for his character or because he had an easily spammable and arguably overpowered hyper?

Haha that OnlineWarzone guy is a joke. I beat him in ranked like a month ago and he sent hate mail so I let him get a rematch. He beats me once by like a pixel. The next match I beat him badly and he leaves.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
God's Beard said:
Arguably?

I've played maybe 30 matches of MvC2 in total and those were mostly against a friend, so I'm not gonna commit to absolutes here. I don't know that scene that well.

Nils said:
I've played maybe 30 matches of MvC2 in total and those were mostly against a friend, so I'm not gonna commit to absolutes here. I don't know that scene that well.
I would say that his popularity shot up because of MvC2.

And regarding that S-Kill interview...
...but I admit it's still hard watching people win that I know I could beat.
:lol

Production values have definitely been going up in the last couple episodes.

Also, working on the Alioune Magneto combo now :)

Need to get ready for ReveLAtions! I don't think that's enough time to work on two teams, but I'm happy enough with Magneto/Thor/Doom that I don't always have the itch to come up with strategies for other characters. Well, that's a lie. I do, but I can hold it back long enough to actually practice seriously.

I would like to complete my Viewtiful Joe/MODOK/Felicia team by EVO, though.

Dahbomb

Nils said:
I'd imagine the Marvel input would complicate stuff. If Marvel's objective is to reflect the current Marvel universe I can see them having the following issues for the characters you listed.

Not sure if people would want this spoiler tagged as they're just current status quo stuff, but mild spoiler warning anyways.

Venom: Which Venom do we pick? Classic Eddie Brock Venom hasn't been Venom in like ten years, but is now Anti-Venom...Would the fans accept Anti-Venom instead? Or do we pick Mac Gargan, who's better known as the Scorpion but was in the suit for the last ten years...until Flash Thompson who's been a Black Ops style Venom for all of two issues so far. Do we have enough to get a moveset out of this without contradicting future storylines? Will there be an outcry for a more classic Venom instead if we go with him or is it a good move to push the new character more? What about Carnage instead?

Gambit: More low-key X-Men than he was in the 90's. Currently has some sort of alternate Death persona going on, do we add it for the character or ignore it? Do we want this game to be oversaturated with X-Men again or give his slot to some unrepresented Marvel universe corner like a cosmic hero such as Nova?

Psylocke: Has gotten a bit more spotlight recently, but doesn't have any TK Powers anymore in-universe (I think) and is now more of a mind-reading ninja. Will old fans be pissed if we completly alter her moveset? Another X-Men taking up a slot in the roster.

Cable:
Currently dead, but so is Phoenix I guess...Still say it hurts his odds
Did fans love him for his character or because he had an easily spammable and arguably overpowered hyper?
These characters are requested because:

1) They have been in the VS games for a really long time.

2) They were highly used characters in MVC2.

Their current relevance or popularity in the comic book universe is generally irrelevant to the average MVC/fighting game fan. They want Cable in so we can have HYPE AHVBx5 again and Psylocke for her god tier assist. .

So yeah Marvel is going to have a problem with these characters. But these characters will sell the DLCs.

I want to know why Marvel didnt let Capcom use any of the FF4? Im pretty sure I read in the first interview that came out after this game was announced that Marvel said no to any of the FF4.

crimzonflame said:
I want to know why Marvel didnt let Capcom use any of the FF4? Im pretty sure I read in the first interview that came out after this game was announced that Marvel said no to any of the FF4.
They couldn't figure out good moves for the invisible woman so they just used Super Skrull instead.

The correct answer is that Anti-Venom would be fine, as long as he had a classic Venom outfit. No one would care. Carnage would piss of comic fans.

I don't think obscurity in comics can be responded to by offering a character obscure in the mainstream. People know Gambit, they like Gambit. I hate Gambit, but I'm not people.

Psylocke is only wanted for the MvC2 assist, and it would not be nearly as good in this game. Yes, there are Psylocke fans, but they are few.

Cable: Did fans love him for his character or because he had an easily spammable and arguably overpowered hyper?
Most competitive players don't even want Cable back. He wouldn't be anything special now anyway, since a large portion of the cast has hypers with near instant startup for punishing assists already, and chained AHVBs would undoubtedly be removed. Much like Psylocke, no one would be truly happy if he returned.

their current relevance or popularity in the comic book universe is generally irrelevant to the average MVC/fighting game fan. They want Cable in so we can have HYPE AHVBx5 again and Psylocke for her god tier assist. .

So yeah Marvel is going to have a problem with these characters. But these characters will sell the DLCs.
That's the problem - they WONT sell the DLC. Magneto, Storm and Sentinel made all the old school players hyped, but most of them only use one of those three now, if any. DLC characters will be even worse off, because videos will show they aren't the gimmick characters they were in MvC2.

Then there are characters with real fanbases from MvC2 that bring something new to the table, like Strider. Personally, I'd love Blackheart, but I know he's not popular enough to come back, even though he adds a completely unique fighting style to the game.

No matter who Capcom brings as DLC next, people will rage, because it won't be the character they wanted. Maybe this is part of the reason a Super version is better.

They had Human Torch finished, 100% playable, and then they had to take him out. Niitsuma claimed it was for RAM reasons, but comic readers know what the real reason is by now. Skrull was supposedly suggested as a replacement, since Capcom didn't want to just throw his animations away.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
These characters are requested because:

1) They have been in the VS games for a really long time.

2) They were highly used characters in MVC2.

Their current relevance or popularity in the comic book universe is generally irrelevant to the average MVC/fighting game fan. They want Cable in so we can have HYPE AHVBx5 again and Psylocke for her god tier assist. .

No doubt they're requested by both the fighting game community and Capcom, but Marvel has been more proactive about their universe landscaping across different mediums. So there are gonna be conflicts over which character Marvel wants to push and the ones Capcom wants to bring back. In the end though it probably boils down to whichever option is potentially more profitable so there probably still is an excellent chance of seeing those characters. I'm confident we'll get Venom for instance, but I really don't know which form they'll pick. In his case I don't think people were really attached to his moveset, but rather the character itself so I don't think it matters that much. Anti-Venom with a Venom alt color wouldprobably be the smartest pick yeah.

As for Carnage, comic fans tend to hate him a lot, but just like Gambit the mainstream audience really loves him and the current DLC polls show it. He was also one of the only DLC characters Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 got, so I wouldn't count him out.

Karsticles said:
They had Human Torch finished, 100% playable, and then they had to take him out. Niitsuma claimed it was for RAM reasons, but comic readers know what the real reason is by now. Skrull was supposedly suggested as a replacement, since Capcom didn't want to just throw his animations away.

Spider-Man/Deadpool/Human Torch would have been a hilarious team.

Dahbomb

I would like Psylocke to return with a really good assist (not as OP but still very good) and who is actually good on point. Not just a gimmicky character.

Same with Cable, I want him more fleshed out. Make his Time Flip LVL3 for instance, give him like OTG Grenade toss like Arthur stuff like that.

I don't know, I personally would be hyped if Capcom announced these 2 characters. I know Capcom isn't just going to copy/paste them in, they will have tweaks of course.

And people still use Magneto/Storm/Sentinel A LOT. If they weren't in the game people would be asking about them for sure.

Oh and I would prioritize Strider over all of them but this was more of a discussion about Marvel characters due to legality issues.

Capcom would never win with the character selection, too many characters to choose from. There are going to be people who will rage over Cable, there are going to be people raging over Venom, Gambit etc. About the only character who will not get any rage is Strider, I think that is a general consensus that he should be in this game.

Capcom would never win with the character selection, too many characters to choose from. There are going to be people who will rage over Cable, there are going to be people raging over Venom, Gambit etc. About the only character who will not get any rage is Strider, I think that is a general consensus that he should be in this game.
Don't forget Megaman.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Karsticles said:
I don't think obscurity in comics can be responded to by offering a character obscure in the mainstream. People know Gambit, they like Gambit. I hate Gambit, but I'm not people.

My reasoning there is purely in terms of the game being a vehicle for reflecting the current Marvel Universe. Gambit is very popular and highly requested, but Marvel could reason that X-Men characters are already sufficiently represented and opt for someone like Nova to represent that corner of the Marvel Universe and hopefully have it aid the struggling sales there by promoting the character. Of course character slots probably being the scarcity that they are at most they're going to sacrifice only two slots for that purpose. I agree that they'll never be able to please everyone though, both companies have way too huge rosters of interesting characters to pick from.

I want more over powered assists. I think all assists should be the best versions of their moves. Akuma should get H tatsu and Dormammu should get flame carpet and Tron should get H drill AWW YEAH

And Dante should get the cluster missiles.

hitsugi

y2dvd said:
I cannot do the hyper grab loop. They fall the instant I try to tri-jump. I'm wondering if I'm doing it too slowly or if there's a trick for the hyper grab to pop them up instead of falling back.
You can jump much earlier than you may think. It's also a superjump, just in case.

As for going from the fly H reps into hypergrav loop, your best bet is to unfly H as soon as you're in corner and then dash under H, hypergrav once you land. Marlinpie has done a few combos into hypergrav loop before.. there are videos around if you need additional aid with timing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom