• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucentto

Banned
enzo_gt said:
hahahaha this was great too.

Someone link to stream please? Or is it over? Damn I missed pad warriors :(

I'm still convinced playing on the pad makes you handicapped by default though, I fail to execute any medium level shit.
No offense bro, but it's you, not the pad. Hit that lab harder than a virgin.

Neki

Lucentto said:
Only thing I can't stand doing on the pad is bold cancels, my hands mangle themselves thinking about it, lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lucentto said:
To a certain degree, yeah. That is probably the bulk of it. But I reiterate that some stuff that's crucial to some characters such as tri-dashing is about a thousand times harder than it looks to do on a stick.
Ultimoo said:
Only thing I can't stand doing on the pad is bold cancels, my hands mangle themselves thinking about it, lol.
I don't even know what that is, LOL

kirblar

enzo_gt said:
To a certain degree, yeah. That is probably the bulk of it. But I reiterate that some stuff that's crucial to some characters such as tri-dashing is about a thousand times harder than it looks to do on a stick.
Are you using the buttons to tri-dash or double tapping?

Kimosabae

Banned
I already told you how to get around the tri-dash problem. Map the buttons already.

When it comes to anything regarding movement: pad/hitbox>>>> stick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kirblar said:
Are you using the buttons to tri-dash or double tapping?
Right trigger (inputs for L+M+H simultaneously). You can wavedash, but tri-dashing is much more difficult because you need to let the trigger release before you can press it again. Switching the bumpers (and assists) with the LT/RT inputs would just be trading one problem of snappiness for another.

kirblar

enzo_gt said:
Right trigger (inputs for L+M+H simultaneously). You can wavedash, but tri-dashing is much more difficult because you need to let the trigger release before you can press it again. Switching the bumpers (and assists) with the LT/RT inputs would just be trading one problem of snappiness for another.
Ah, I don't even use the right trigger or button when playing on pad. The triggers on the PS3 pad really don't work for fighting games- the PS2 controller was much better in that regard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kimosabae said:
I already told you how to get around the tri-dash problem. Map the buttons already.

When it comes to anything regarding movement: pad/hitbox>>>> stick.
You said map the trigger to the bumpers.. which I thought was a great idea until I realized the assists are mapped to bumpers already and the instant accessibility of the assists is much more valuable than the instant accessibility of a crossover combination hypers (which are never used by me)/dash.

So I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to map to fix this. And clawing the controller is a bitch too. Shit like hypers that you can vary in range through combinations of 2 of L/M/H like Skrull's Level 3, Storm's Power of Gaia, Taskmaster's, etc. all suffer from pad syndrome too.

kirblar said:
Ah, I don't even use the right trigger or button when playing on pad. The triggers on the PS3 pad really don't work for fighting games- the PS2 controller was much better in that regard.
I'm on 360. PS3 triggers are horrible for everything though, not just fighting games, so I feel for you.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
You said map the trigger to the bumpers.. which I thought was a great idea until I realized the assists are mapped to bumpers already and the instant accessibility of the assists is much more valuable than the instant accessibility of a crossover combination hypers (which are never used by me)/dash.

So I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to map to fix this. And clawing the controller is a bitch too. Shit like hypers that you can vary in range through combinations of 2 of L/M/H like Skrull's Level 3, Storm's Power of Gaia, Taskmaster's, etc. all suffer from pad syndrome too.

I'm on 360. PS3 triggers are horrible for everything though, not just fighting games, so I feel for you.

wait.

wait.

you're using the 360 pad to play fighting games?

have mercy on your soul.

Neki

PS3 pad obviously. I don't even fathom how you use the 360 dpad, that thing is atrocious. I play Tales of Vesperia on that thing and when I need to activate something on the d-pad, I have to look down and make sure I put enough pressure so it doesn't read my input wrong, rofl.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Here's the twist: I use the analog.

I would be baffled if anyone can manage a fighting game using the D-pad. The amount of randomness that comes with it is impossible to be understated. You can hit left on the thing and it can somehow move into a place where it registers a up-left direction. You just can NOT take chances like that in a fast paced game of any kind.

Won't stop me from playing Marvel/Fighting games altogether, but I see the restrictions in every game, every time.

Neki

yo dude, how do you think people played fighting games back in the day? SUPER TURBO ON AN ANALOG? it was all about the snes and genesis pad dude. the only huge problem I have on a pad using the d-pad is that I always throw out a fireball when I only want to do down h to forward h. I have to take my hand off the pad to make sure I don't slide it. :O

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
yo dude, how do you think people played fighting games back in the day? SUPER TURBO ON AN ANALOG? it was all about the snes and genesis pad dude. the only huge problem I have on a pad using the d-pad is that I always throw out a fireball when I only want to do down h to forward h. I have to take my hand off the pad to make sure I don't slide it. :O
D-pad is just not an option. At least the Genesis and SNES D-pads fucking worked like they were supposed to.

If I'm using a 360 pad, I can put my thumb on the left side of the D-pad, and move my hand slightly to the right, while still having my thumb roughly on the left side of the D-pad and it will register a right input. That shit is BROKEN.

*puts two dimes into Arcade stick fund*

ApolloJoh

Grifter said:
Which moves for Dante are million stab and dance macabre? Not finding them in the guide.

Million Stab = Stinger -> Mash H or c.H and mash H

Dance Macabre = Press S at a certain time near the end of Reverb Shock, Revolver, or Jet Stream.

You can mash it but you'll most likely be more successful if you time it.

Lucentto

Banned
I don't have the problem of getting random moves with d-pads, I find them damn accurate. Probably because I have been using them for so many years. Shit, I played Guilty Gear with it.

SmokeMaxX

Lucentto said:
I don't have the problem of getting random moves with d-pads, I find them damn accurate. Probably because I have been using them for so many years. Shit, I played Guilty Gear with it.
360 DPad?
That shit's insane. I don't know how people manage to do accurate motions on that thing. In games that have really strict inputs, double qcf must be INFURIATING on a 360 dpad.

So apparently Clockw0rk debuted a new team at FNF last week, but the stream didn't have any of his matches.

Anyone know what his new team was?

Lucentto

Banned
SmokeMaxX said:
360 DPad?
That shit's insane. I don't know how people manage to do accurate motions on that thing. In games that have really strict inputs, double qcf must be INFURIATING on a 360 dpad.
Nah, mostly Playstation d-pads. Though I did play Blazblue on the 360 pad for a while and it wasn't too bad, but I sure as hell won't ever do it again.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
enzo_gt said:
If you guys are all pad warriors, what are you guys using?

Are all of you on PS3 pad or are some of you guys using Fightpads?
The one and only. Hooked up via XConverter 360 Plus. I've since remapped the left trigger to L+H for Legion Arrow. That official Saturn-style PS2 pad runs for $130+ used last time I checked. Don't see a single unit up for grabs on Yahoo Japan or eBay at the moment either.

The 360 pad is atrocious. The PSX pad has also always sucked, but since it sucks an order of magnitude less than the 360 pad, it actually looks good these days. Stupid overton window. The Madcatz fightpads wouldn't be too bad if the plastic membrane the d-pad rests on didn't have the tendency to rip apart after a few months of regular use. It's rough being a pad warrior.

You people need to learn to make the best of it with your pads. Hell, I make it work against everyone except Q...

Edit: That reminds me of something. I just got one of my new pads for the PS3. It definitely feels like an upgrade from the standard PS3 pad buttons.
enzo_gt said:
default, wired, 360 pad.

NOW DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND?

;(
I think I've played you before. If you are who I think you are then your problem is not the pads...

:p

Solune

SolarPowered said:
You people need to learn to make the best of it with your pads. Hell, I make it work against everyone except Q...

Edit: That reminds me of something. I just got one of my new pads for the PS3. It definitely feels like an upgrade from the standard PS3 pad buttons.

I think I've played you before. If you are who I think you are then your problem is not the pads...

:p
On blast! I have no idea how you can use a 360 pad accurately and not a DS3. It's quite inconceivable.

Morris

Disco Devil
I've always said that the Sixaxis is a top tier pad, and the DS3 is right up there with the 360 pad in terms of crapiness, but no one believes me ;_;

Solune said:
On blast! I have no idea how you can use a 360 pad accurately and not a DS3. It's quite inconceivable.
I switch between analog and D pad when I need to do some specific things. I only started playing exclusively with the D pad when my 360 analog broke down on BB.

Also, now I feel like a douche for calling Enzo out lol(maybe he'd make me his bitch now)...

smurfx

get some go again
finally bought shuma gorath. he is pretty fun to use. still wondering if i should ditch zero. akuma is another choice too. i use the ssf4 control to play mvc3.

Neki

man, if Super MvC3 ever comes out, as much as it'd hurt to buy it, if it came with spectating I'd be happy. I just hope most of you guys are still playing when we actually get spectating so we can do lobbies, good times. D:

smurfx

get some go again
hopefully the super version comes out soon so i can stick with the game some more. i'll play it for some time but i don't see myself sticking with it for too long.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MThanded said:
The break weekly. A guy just beasted on a pad. It was sick. Took out zucco with some disgusting dormammu stuff and some crazy resets

Edit: hes back up. Lets see if he breaks it down again. First mvc3 pad warrior I have seen.

I guess everyone is busy in the psn thread lol.

I BELIEVE IN MASTA CJ
I just checked for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JJrkk7Yqbc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxFHy38-AS4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOHmoiiJVOE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJbdd5vsI20

So sick.

Just a little update for you guys on the next Assist Me. Filming begins this weekend. I've been trying to get in contact with Stan Bush regarding the use and parody of the classic 'The Touch' theme for use in the next episode.

I think his business is pretty local to my residence, so we'll see.

If you've never heard 'The Touch', you've never truly lived...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcpeSm1xC_g
You have amazing taste.

The day I heard Michael Bay claim that scene was sappy and stupid was the day I knew his Transformers movie(s) would suck ass. That scene was my childhood.

I only think of Sent when thinking Transformers :(
Tron-sformers?

I still don't understand how ranked matches work. If I'm a 9th scout why am I being pitted up againt 5th Lords and shit? Even in player matches, I'm always put up against someone with like 2+ ranks above me.

Yeah, yeah I know: You're not supposed to play Marvel online. :/
"Same" ranks means either anyone below 4th, if you are below 4th, or anyone 4th+, if you are 4th+.

I would be baffled if anyone can manage a fighting game using the D-pad. The amount of randomness that comes with it is impossible to be understated. You can hit left on the thing and it can somehow move into a place where it registers a up-left direction. You just can NOT take chances like that in a fast paced game of any kind.
My experiences with the 360 pad are limited to trying to do a QCF motion in the Best Buy demo store, and somehow jumping as a result. I've been doing the QCF motion for over 20 years on a pad...

jdub03

Hazaro said:

I actually find some things on a pad easier. I use a stick but when I play with my brothers I usually use the analog because it's the closest thing to a stick. Doing dante's IAD is easier to me, as well as a lot of his bold cancel combos. It depends on the character.

USD

lol Seismo.

lolseismontul.gif

Ultimoo said:
man, if Super MvC3 ever comes out, as much as it'd hurt to buy it, if it came with spectating I'd be happy. I just hope most of you guys are still playing when we actually get spectating so we can do lobbies, good times. D:
The Cafe, Steam and my massively awesome library of games is going to seriously interfere with SMvC3 playtime.

The addition of Spectator mode at that point is just going to piss me off no matter what they add.
USD said:
lol Seismo.
That looks awesome.

I gotta learn how to drive stick...

Axis

jdub03 said:
I need someone to film their hands when they do seismo chains. I have yet to consistently do more then 3 or 4 in a row. I just can't get the timing down.

yo ugh, if i didn't get rid of my copy i'd fulfill this request since someone on SRK asked as well :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom