• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

jdub03 said:
Wait what? You sold marvel? Why?

i hadn't really played in like a week or so haha...viper was the only reason i even played the game for the past month; gonna spend most of my time on super...i really don't like only being average...i can do better!

to be fair i was also in a money pinch...i'll eventually get the game back within a month, i'm sure...also gonna try out a little BB but idk if i have the execution...

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Axis said:
i hadn't really played in like a week or so haha...viper was the only reason i even played the game for the past month; gonna spend most of my time on super...i really don't like only being average...i can do better!

to be fair i was also in a money pinch...i'll eventually get the game back within a month, i'm sure...also gonna try out a little BB but idk if i have the execution...

Sorry for getting you depressed with wesker, gotta find someone new to play now :(

jdub03

Axis said:

yeah I know what you mean. I contemplated dropping marvel so many times. I lose way more matches then I win. Marvel seems to annoy me more then any other game.

jlai

jdub03 said:
I need someone to film their hands when they do seismo chains. I have yet to consistently do more then 3 or 4 in a row. I just can't get the timing down.

Are the seismo spams done the same way as they are in SF4? SJC canceling?

Axis

Procarbine said:
Sorry for getting you depressed with wesker, gotta find someone new to play now :(

last time we played...wesker wasn't a problem :p and i think i did pretty well for my team setup and the fact that at least 2 of them aren't that great, fucker!

jdub03 said:
yeah I know what you mean. I contemplated dropping marvel so many times. I lose way more matches then I win. Marvel seems to annoy me more then any other game.

stick with it if you ultimately enjoy it; i just have a lot of issues with the game like how easy wesker is in comparison to his damage output and his overall health, the x-factor system in general and how easy it is to 100% someone...oh, and team arial combos...that shit should COST meter instead of gain it...fuck that.

also, literally just practice the seismo chains from full screen or set the training to all block and try to corner chip away...always remember to go to forward and if you do it'll always come out as long as you get you rythym down; the forward direction keeps the game from registering it as a TK(the start of forward down down-forward srk motion)

jdub03

Axis said:
last time we played...wesker wasn't a problem :p and i think i did pretty well for my team setup and the fact that at least 2 of them aren't that great, fucker!

stick with it if you ultimately enjoy it; i just have a lot of issues with the game like how easy wesker is in comparison to his damage output and his overall health, the x-factor system in general and how easy it is to 100% someone...oh, and team arial combos...that shit should COST meter instead of gain it...fuck that.

also, literally just practice the seismo chains from full screen or set the training to all block and try to corner chip away...always remember to go to forward and if you do it'll always come out as long as you get you rythym down; the forward direction keeps the game from registering it as a TK(the start of forward down down-forward srk motion)

Yeah i need to spend a bit more time in training mode. If I can get the seismo chains and the box loops down I'll feel satisfied. Too many fighting games out. If i had more money I'd buy them all. Seeing as how i dont ill have to settle for marvel and AE.

Axis

jdub03 said:
Yeah i need to spend a bit more time in training mode. If I can get the seismo chains and the box loops down I'll feel satisfied. Too many fighting games out. If i had more money I'd buy them all. Seeing as how i dont ill have to settle for marvel and AE.

box loop is good but unless it's cap america or joe it's pretty easy...you can do the same timing for the rest of the cast...also when you end the box dash(even if you just do 1 rep) instead of stand b, c, s...just do S so you decrease the hitstun scaling...you can get more damage later on in the combo this way(also try to use j.c double jump j.c s when you launch instead of the normal MMHS)

edit: i really don't use the box dash loop too much...i'll do 1 rep after a, b, c xx medium tk, ex tk or after a throw but otherwise you can get the same type of damage elsewhere in the combo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Probably not likely. Title updates take a while to go through, don't they?
They flew out the last few pretty quickly, I think they just kept submitting them, and they ended up coming out within 2 weeks of eachother.

Neki

How am I supposed to practice for the upcoming tournament with no PSN? I have no real life marvel friends, you guys are all I got. :(

Ferrio said:
Man I'd love it if Capcom released a big patch a few days before Evo, ultimate troll.
Mr Wizard has stated that Evo will run with whatever version is out on June 1st. I imagine all the tournament stations will remain offline thereafter.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
_dementia said:
Mr Wizard has stated that Evo will run with whatever version is out on June 1st.
So if you are going to evo no online play between june 1st and evo if a patch comes out? Better hope capcom warns people about a patch. There is no way to choose between patch versions. Its all or nothing, install the patch or remove the patch and go back to vanilla.

Neki

MThanded said:
So if you are going to evo no online play between june 1st and evo if a patch comes out? Better hope capcom warns people about a patch. There is no way to choose between patch versions. Its all or nothing, install the patch or remove the patch and go back to vanilla.
honestly unless the patch radically changed hit frames, recovery, or start-up on moves then it shouldn't a problem. changing health won't really affect your game in the long term, neither will removing infinites or glitches.

jdub03

Axis said:
box loop is good but unless it's cap america or joe it's pretty easy...you can do the same timing for the rest of the cast...also when you end the box dash(even if you just do 1 rep) instead of stand b, c, s...just do S so you decrease the hitstun scaling...you can get more damage later on in the combo this way(also try to use j.c double jump j.c s when you launch instead of the normal MMHS)

edit: i really don't use the box dash loop too much...i'll do 1 rep after a, b, c xx medium tk, ex tk or after a throw but otherwise you can get the same type of damage elsewhere in the combo

Yeah I really need to apply this. My main problem is I don't maximize my damage like you said, which means when I get a combo in it really doesnt help me win the match.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It would be funny if Cloud and Seph has to be play each other because they are both from Hawaii. LOL.

Is there any current tier list for the game at the moment?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How am I supposed to know you were serious about joining? I thought you were 360 only. And from what I see you like playing with yourself.

It's okay. I'll run an AE tournament during Summer.

Kadey said:
How am I supposed to know you were serious about joining? I thought you were 360 only. And from what I see you like playing with yourself.

It's okay. I'll run an AE tournament during Summer.
I don't even have a 360... and I asked to join like 3 times :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I switch between analog and D pad when I need to do some specific things. I only started playing exclusively with the D pad when my 360 analog broke down on BB.

Also, now I feel like a douche for calling Enzo out lol(maybe he'd make me his bitch now)...
See this should never be an issue, movement. But it clearly is if your forced to switch between analog and D-pad to play competitively. This is where the issue lies.

And yeah I admittedly suck, so no hard feelings, but I stand by everything I've said thus far about the limitations of the pad (360 in particular) before even measures of execution are brought into play.

Strangely, if there was any other genre where a peripheral is the de facto way to go for the competitive edge, people would be bitching and complaining all over, but it doesn't work like that. Racing wheels only augment the experience, which is a trade off for having an increased challenge in the actual execution of what you wish to do with your car.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
God's Beard said:
I don't even have a 360... and I asked to join like 3 times :/

So who was that that played in the LIVE Super tourney? Uh huh.

Hard to tell whether you are joking or not! Too late though. Can't fit any more characters in the OP anyway!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Damn, that's sad to hear man. Does it affect your ability to game though? Do you play on stick?

Apologies if this is too interrogative D:
No I can't play stick, my hand is messed up. I play pad, and no it doesn't really affect my ability to game that much. Either that or you are all that shitty... :lol

I mostly just can't lift my arms above my chest, and my legs are starting to get really weak. It gets worse as I get older xD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
No I can't play stick, my hand is messed up. I play pad, and no it doesn't really affect my ability to game that much. Either that or you are all that shitty... :lol

I mostly just can't lift my arms above my chest, and my legs are starting to get really weak. It gets worse as I get older xD
Oh sh- Feels good not to be the only one on blast for their skills today :p

But it's pretty awesome that your all positive about this. More power to you and your GAF shit talking! haha

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad there isn't an Xbox tournament, I'd totally join that but it does seem most people in this thread are playing the PS3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom