• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

enzo_gt said:
Most clutch Trish EVER. Read that Phoenix like a book.
Building those 5 bars in order to get level 3 X-Factor trish was genius.

LLND blew up Phoenix with Magneto as well. His hypers are so good for countering her when she makes a move. A nice amount of anti-phoenix tech this week.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
X-23 matchup proving difficult for lots of people. Marn with that level 3 punishing two games in a row. Good shit. Just beasted that shit.

And grabbity squeeze for the win. Congrats to Marneto.

It's nearly 4AM, im done with this shit.

Neki

Ferrio said:
Man X23 great at catching assists.
must have saw that like 3 times, lol

and X-23 is annoying to deal with, she's so annoying, first time people started using her well against me I was getting raped bad.

ALC

Neo Member
Posted this in the SSF4 thread but thought I would ask this question here as MVC3 is the new hotness right now. How are some of you are able to play multiple fighters at once ? After playing the SF4 series for the past 2 years I plunged myself into weeks of learning and playing Marvel exclusively. Just a few days ago I decided to go back to some online SSF4 sessions and it seemed like I had forgotten to play the game. I was timing crouch techs like I would advancing guard, I was mashing magic series style when going for links and it seemed like I had lost that 1-on-1 SF footsies mindset in general. I'd love to get into MK9 as well as I was a huge fan of the old 2D games but I handling the different mindsets and nuances of different fighting engines.

Nose Master

ALC said:
Posted this in the SSF4 thread but thought I would ask this question here as MVC3 is the new hotness right now. How are some of you are able to play multiple fighters at once ? After playing the SF4 series for the past 2 years I plunged myself into weeks of learning and playing Marvel exclusively. Just a few days ago I decided to go back to some online SSF4 sessions and it seemed like I had forgotten to play the game. I was timing crouch techs like I would advancing guard, I was mashing magic series style when going for links and it seemed like I had lost that 1-on-1 SF footsies mindset in general. I'd love to get into MK9 as well as I was a huge fan of the old 2D games but I handling the different mindsets and nuances of different fighting engines.

You just don't go too long without playing the other game. It usually only takes a few matches to get back into the groove from MvC/SSF4. I'm juggling MK too, but that's more for funsies, not really learning many combos or anything.

EDIT: I really wish there was a good fighting scene podcast. Keits' sucks :(. Max or Jared would be able to do a decent one, I imagine.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Thanks much for the ups guys. Took out Valle, Andy OCR, Nurses and Razor to get that far. Was a super fun night. Time to go shoot ASSIST ME 2 D:

LeMaximilian said:
Thanks much for the ups guys. Took out Valle, Andy OCR, Nurses and Razor to get that far. Was a super fun night. Time to go shoot ASSIST ME 2 D:

I just saw your match with Tatsu, it was super close you almost got him. Looking forward to your next episode.

Was there any Dormammu play (besides as anchor) in the WNF stream? I just want to save myself some time if there wasn't.

That Aaron match is sick! Dramatic cuz he starts choking away Phoenix kills. I need to learn from his TP game and smart liberation charging.
Yeah, I'll try to use it as evidence when people argue with me about whether Dark Spells are really important for Dormammu's game.

No I can't play stick, my hand is messed up. I play pad, and no it doesn't really affect my ability to game that much. Either that or you are all that shitty... :lol

I mostly just can't lift my arms above my chest, and my legs are starting to get really weak. It gets worse as I get older xD
Will it ever completely prevent you from gaming?

When are we getting an xbox tourney.
Why not set one up?

Hopefully PSN players get a free game out of it like we did.
Eh, we don't pay like they do...it would be nice, though.

WNF will be MK9 finals from last week, then MK9 pools, and then finally they will show MVC3 :(
It's a new game. Give it a few weeks before people get bored of MK9.

More Miniterasu please.

enzo_gt said:
See this should never be an issue, movement. But it clearly is if your forced to switch between analog and D-pad to play competitively. This is where the issue lies.

And yeah I admittedly suck, so no hard feelings, but I stand by everything I've said thus far about the limitations of the pad (360 in particular) before even measures of execution are brought into play.

Strangely, if there was any other genre where a peripheral is the de facto way to go for the competitive edge, people would be bitching and complaining all over, but it doesn't work like that. Racing wheels only augment the experience, which is a trade off for having an increased challenge in the actual execution of what you wish to do with your car.
It's actually just a sort of weird tick of mine. This could completely stop once my second pad arrives for the PS3(no analog haha). I just feel that it's useless for people to complain about the limitations if they're not bumping up against them yet. I may be wrong though. You've mentioned that it makes tri dashes and such harder to do and I don't have much experience with those.
Solune said:
On blast! I have no idea how you can use a 360 pad accurately and not a DS3. It's quite inconceivable.
It's crazy, but I make it work. I'd make a lot of PS3 people work for their wins if I had a pad that let me play like I do on the 360(You know who you are) :p. I don't think my first new PS3 pad will let me do that. I think it'll be the second one that opens up new possibilities for me.
Professor Beef said:
You can x-copy God's Beard and hit up training mode.
I've never even seen him play. Also, what is an X-copy? :p

Edit: I just came back to see if any new posts were made and immediately got that haha. I think I will hit up training mode. I've been experimenting with some new characters(beam hypers are just too good to give up haha).

Grecco

LeMaximilian said:

Great performance man. Stayed till 3am to watch your match.

PR Balrog has been in Columbus for about a week now for Powerup. He went to our game night and took 1st in all of our monthly tournaments (SSF4, MvC3, MK9). I had the pleasure of playing him in SSF4 and he used Balrog (when he dicked around with other characters against everyone else :/).

In MvC3 he's definitely strong, but he's beatable. I didn't get the chance to play him, but he rage-quitted the first round against one of our better players. I think he beat Dandy J too.
Ammy with Tron assist is scary. Not as scary as Power Slash xx Veil of Mist DHC into Beserker Charge then lvl 1 x-factor though.

Grecco

Interesting set up. Ive seen his combo videos on youtube and it looks like he was gonna be using Wolvie/storm. Wonder if hes going to the local tourney here next month.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
ALC said:
Second what was said above: don't take long breaks from a game if you're going to play several. I think of it as a productive way to work on different skills - Street Fighter for footsies, Marvel for controlling space, etc. I fiddle around with Classic mode on HDR or another iteration of SFII several times a week, which helps with my execution since there's no easy mode or shortcuts.

ALC said:

I just play a lot of fighting games. There was never a point in my life where I stuck to one for any period of time. Even before I knew a competitive fighting game scene existed, my friends and I swapped between Virtua Fighter 4, 3rd Strike, Soul Calibur, Evil Zone and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure several times every day we played. When I still had an Xbox, it was DOA4, Virtua Fighter 5, SSF4, Marvel 2 and Garou. Theses days I play Marvel 3, Jojo, ST, SVC, Vampire Saviour, X-Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes and 3s. Same thing goes for characters. Virtua Fighter is the only game where I can stick to 2 characters, everything else I play half the cast.

Solune

SolarPowered said:
It's crazy, but I make it work. I'd make a lot of PS3 people work for their wins if I had a pad that let me play like I do on the 360(You know who you are) :p. I don't think my first new PS3 pad will let me do that. I think it'll be the second one that opens up new possibilities for me.
What type of pad are you rocking now? Is it still a DS3, or did you go for a Hori controller?
_dementia said:
Should have called it Outstanding Adventures
The Flawless Adventures

QisTopTier said:
They are both fast with stupidly big fast hit boxes. So ya it happends

Yay x-23. I actually haven't touched this game in a long time. Maybe I'll pick it up again, although I'm itching to play viper/ironman/tron again. But no worries, after about 5 matches, I'm going to end up like this:

451_cat_fuck_this_shit.jpg

And then go back to X-23/Deadpool/Ironman

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
They are both fast with stupidly big fast hit boxes. So ya it happends

Her dive attacks have some weird deceptive hitboxes. Proto would hit me with those when I swore I was out of range or the active frames were done.

Grecco

Prototype-03 said:
Yay x-23. I actually haven't touched this game in a long time. Maybe I'll pick it up again, although I'm itching to play viper/ironman/tron again. But no worries, after about 5 matches, I'm going to end up like this:

451_cat_fuck_this_shit.jpg

And then go back to X-23/Deadpool/Ironman

lol at that gif

i kinda know the feeling. After spending some time with Dante i decided to try and pick up Magneto instead :( Magneto/Zero/Akuma

Solune said:
What type of pad are you rocking now? Is it still a DS3, or did you go for a Hori controller?
Probably the DS3 until the Hori Fighting Commander arrives at my doorstep. I'm still messing around with this until the Hori arrives.

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VWXV50/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's not perfect, but the buttons and analog are similar to a 360 pad which is a start. I should probably ween myself off of the analog stick for good and that Hori seems like a nice way to start.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:
I can barely learn 3 different characters simultaneously. Forget 2 different games.
Oddly enough learning 3+ characters in Marvel was infinitely easier than learning 1 in SSFIV for me. Like, no comparison at all. I hate fighting arbitrary frame limitations to do what I want to do in SSFIV, and naturally Marvel is much more lenient with such, and that's why I've gravitated towards it (and always have) and not gone back. Might pick it up again for AE though.

jdub03

enzo_gt said:
Oddly enough learning 3+ characters in Marvel was infinitely easier than learning 1 in SSFIV for me. Like, no comparison at all. I hate fighting arbitrary frame limitations to do what I want to do in SSFIV, and naturally Marvel is much more lenient with such, and that's why I've gravitated towards it (and always have) and not gone back. Might pick it up again for AE though.

Yeah I've honestly ran through half the cast trying to come up with a team. Although in ssfiv I learned how to play with a lot of the cast , I think its infinitely easier in marvel.

LakeEarth

Unless the netcode gets fixed, no way they'll keep doing the MK thing. That episode was 25 minutes long and had only 2 completed matches.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they get back to Marvelous Adventures eventually, but it doesn't seem likely they will. Any streams planned tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom