• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Nils said:
I hope they get back to Marvelous Adventures eventually, but it doesn't seem likely they will. Any streams planned tonight?

I think so but Powerup is tomorow.

Option Selects throwdown thursdays where flashmetroid hangs out

enzo_gt said:
Is it worse than Marvels?

I want Marvelous adventures, not this nonsense :(
They played 4 tag matches, and two of them were disconnects. Seemed kinda bad, especially since the lag was kinda noticeable during a couple of rounds.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
They played 4 tag matches, and two of them were disconnects. Seemed kinda bad, especially since the lag was kinda noticeable during a couple of rounds.
But seriously, they could only real get two tag matches in? lol. D: If every episode is like this, it's going to be so bad.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I usually don't like SRK's podcast but they have a pretty good one up with Ponder where he explains why SSF4 and Marvel don't use GGPO. Pretty interesting, even if the answer isn't exactly obscure.

enzo_gt said:

Matchmaking seems to be better from my experience, though it seems like a lot of people are having more trouble with that than I am. The UI is a lot, lot better and everything is like 100x more user friendly in that respect. Outside of the stupid way you set your buttons up, anyway. But that only really affects tournaments. So even though it's a big issue that I hope they'll patch, it's only an issue to a minority of users.

Functionally, I think the latency has the same affect on gameplay that it does in Marvel. Though I think in Marvel it's more of an issue of the game being more sensitive to latency by nature, and in MK it's an issue of the netcode just being bad. But NRS released a statement last night saying that they're working on improving the online experience and things should improve in the next 2 weeks, and that's more than Capcom's ever really done. So I guess we'll see how that goes.

edit: I guess I should note that as far as matchmaking goes, with MK I've stuck mostly to player matches since there are no filtering options at all in ranked.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ultimoo said:
But seriously, they could only real get two tag matches in? lol. D: If every episode is like this, it's going to be so bad.
Tag matches take a long time. So keep that in mind. They got about 3 in if I remember correctly.

Xevren

enzo_gt said:

It's REALLY bad, NRS said they will have a fix to some of the lag within a couple of weeks so we'll see. At the moment it's definitely worse than MvC. That's just my experience with it though.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Oldschoolgamer said:
Magneto combo video.

Did somebody link this here already? It was on SRK's front page and I missed it yesterday. Magneto's combos are so fucking classy to watch. Lab time.

Very nice combos... too bad I can't do flight combos to save my life. I just don't
understand when and how u r supposed to use flight mode in them and there doesn't seem to be any tutorial to explain it...

My mag is good for a 410 000 combo with meter and some zoning... :(

Nils said:
I hope they get back to Marvelous Adventures eventually, but it doesn't seem likely they will. Any streams planned tonight?
I'm sure they will. I figure they'll go back and forth between Marvel and MK, since they're the two dominant console fighters. Doubt we'll see them start a season of SF4 until AE console edition comes out, but it would be sick if they alternated between games.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
FromTheFuture said:
I'm sure they will. I figure they'll go back and forth between Marvel and MK, since they're the two dominant console fighters. Doubt we'll see them start a season of SF4 until AE console edition comes out, but it would be sick if they alternated between games.

Hopefully. I'll probably still watch the MK ones, but overall I like watching Marvel games a lot more. On that note does anyone have a link to the game Maximillian played on the WNF stream yesterday?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Bark252 said:
I'm down to play GT: Bark252

GGs dude, you're only the second gaffer I've been able to play so far, I had to branch out since Axis is a quitter :p You know how to play a lot more characters than I do, I picked my first team day 1 and have only messed around with Iron man and wolvie since, and my iron man still sucks.

Odinson

Procarbine said:
GGs dude, you're only the second gaffer I've been able to play so far, I had to branch out since Axis is a quitter :p You know how to play a lot more characters than I do, I picked my first team day 1 and have only messed around with Iron man and wolvie since, and my iron man still sucks.

GGS. Your taskmaster is killer!

Axis

Procarbine said:

too bad you suck! :p

Bark252 said:
GGS. Your taskmaster is killer!

block and punish his dumb shoulder shit that he never makes safe :p

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Axis said:
block and punish his dumb shoulder shit that he never makes safe :p

I'm trying to cut back on my random shields, and I've also started messing with iron man assist to make things safe. Doesn't matter though, Task does too much damage right? Silly Viper.

Can't wait for you to body me in AE =/ lol

Procarbine said:
I'm trying to cut back on my random shields, and I've also started messing with iron man assist to make things safe. Doesn't matter though, Task does too much damage right? Silly Viper.

Can't wait for you to body me in AE =/ lol
You made Axis quit?

Are you up for a few more games?

Nothing is more frustrating than a combo that does 1,230,000 damage. I can tack on a hyper to kill Thor, but come on, 20k for a bar?

edit: nevermind, got it up to 1,260,000 :)

DR2K

Banned
The Int3rsect said:
Is it just me or are a lot of people switching over to MK now?

It kind of did everything a fighting game should do. It gave players tons of content and added a ton of depth to the combat. It's very hard to defend or recommend a half finished MVC3 to a complete experience.

DR2K said:
It kind of did everything a fighting game should do. It gave players tons of content and added a ton of depth to the combat. It's very hard to defend or recommend a half finished MVC3 to a complete experience.
Hooooooly shit. You know what? I'm just gonna leave this one alone.

Lothars

DR2K said:

Expect Mortal Kombat isn't a complete experience because it has a great singleplayer but a mediocre fight system especially compared to MVC3.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
The Int3rsect said:
Is it just me or are a lot of people switching over to MK now?

Not sure, for me I just don't feel mk. I bought it and its kind of collecting dust. Don't get me wrong game is fun, has a bunch of content but I just don't feel the style or the gameplay. Guess I'm more of a Capcom fighter.

DR2K

Banned
God's Beard said:
Hooooooly shit. You know what? I'm just gonna leave this one alone.

Come on now, MVC3 is an amazing fighter, but that shit was rushed out the door faster than a straight guy at a lesbian bar. 8-9 stages, no spectator mode, bare bones single player content, etc. . . NR raised the bar that Capcom was happy to dance around like monkey on a stripper pole.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
DR2K said:
Considering that everything I've heard of MK9's online experience puts it at about the same level as MvC3's, I'm not sure what if anything substantial it's supposed to do better.

DR2K

Banned
Lothars said:
Expect Mortal Kombat isn't a complete experience because it has a great singleplayer but a mediocre fight system especially compared to MVC3.

I disagree as do many of the others getting into MK competitively.

Sixfortyfive said:
Considering that everything I've heard of MK9's online experience puts it at about the same level as MvC3's, I'm not sure what if anything substantial it's supposed to do better.

NR is actually working on the netcode though(not like I can test it thanks to PSN being PSN), releasing a patch within 2 weeks. I'm still waiting on Capcom to do something other than say 3vs3 is too hard for spectator mode. Game has been out since February to put things into perspective.

Nert

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is easily my favorite game of the year so far, due to its roster variety, mechanics, and aesthetics alone. I can't help but wonder how much better it could have been, though, if they did attempt to go all out on the single player content like Mortal Kombat did. The gigantic single player "story" in Smash Bros. Brawl was goofy and pure fan service, but I really enjoyed playing through it and I could see something similar (not in how it plays, but the structure) working for MvC3. Especially for people that are less dedicated to the genre, having more stuff to tinker around with in a single player context can really help make fighting games more accessible and interesting for a wider audience.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Sixfortyfive said:

Seriously for people into MK, it has a ton of single player replay value : Tower mode (100+ events), full feature story that feels like a MK movie, arcade mode, crypt with a bunch to unlock, multiple online modes, replays etc. Game feel a lot beefier content wise than any Capcom fighter, Will I switch to mk you ask? Not on you life ;).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DR2K said:

ikTUsW.gif

But really son, you've got to expect these replies posting this in a Marvel or Capcom fighting game thread. You know all you've opened up is the same "Single player doesn't matter! MvC3's fight system is better! I would trade tons of modes for fight system substance any day! You can't replace MARVEL!" cycle that we've done about 4-5 times over already. And I agree with most of the aforementioned, but I can't help but think.. not this shit again.

DR2K said:
Come on now, MVC3 is an amazing fighter, but that shit was rushed out the door faster than a straight guy at a lesbian bar. 8-9 stages, no spectator mode, bare bones single player content, etc. . . NR raised the bar that Capcom was happy to dance around like monkey on a stripper pole.
Lmao, this man speaks the truth, I love mvc3 and cant wait for the complete version.

Lothars

DR2K said:
I disagree as do many of the others getting into MK competitively.

enzo_gt said:
But really son, you've got to expect these replies posting this in a Marvel or Capcom fighting game thread. You know all you've opened up is the same "Single player doesn't matter! MvC3's fight system is better! I would trade tons of modes for fight system substance any day! You can't replace MARVEL!" cycle that we've done about 4-5 times over already. And I agree with most of the aforementioned, but I can't help but think.. not this shit again.

I'm not saying they didn't have tons of great content but compared to MVC3 fighting system, it's blah at least to me.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Nert said:
The gigantic single player "story" in Smash Bros. Brawl was goofy and pure fan service
It was also at least 5 times the length it should have been and is by far the #1 reason that, if my save file (which is curiously locked to the console and non-transferable for some reason) was deleted, I would never touch that game ever again because nobody in their right mind would suffer through it to unlock characters all over again.

My priorities:
- local versus
- online versus
- training and tutorial modes that actually teach you how to play

Single-player fluff is nice to have as long as it doesn't get in the way of the real content (unlockable characters can DIAF; thanks for delaying my Final Round pool another 30-40 minutes on top of the 5 hours it was already behind), but it never amounts to more than a few dozen hours on top of the hundreds invested in the main part of the game.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Lothars said:
I'm not saying they didn't have tons of great content but compared to MVC3 fighting system, it's blah at least to me.

Me personally, I just don't like using a button to block. It just completely negates any form of crossup you could have in the game and limits the possible strategies blocking left or right would of given you.

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:

What was brought up was something new, MK is eating into other fighters hype. Way more than it should have.

I'm only echoing what just about every person in this thread had made a complaint about in regards to MVC3.

I love MVC3 and MK, but Capcom has a lot of catching up to do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DR2K said:
What was brought up was something new, MK is eating into other fighters hype. Way more than it should have.

I'm only echoing what just about every person in this thread had made a complaint about in regards to MVC3.

I love MVC3 and MK, but Capcom has a lot of catching up to do.
Most certainly they do in the online area, but elsewhere? Not really, they still sit at the top for me as far as creating fighters goes. My priority list:

- Fighting system
- Local/Offline Versus and options
- Training Mode and accessibility to people new to the game and genre (not explaining DHCs and Crossover combinations and shit in-game is inexcusable)
- REPLAY SAVING FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY IS IT SO HARD TO DO NOWADAYS
- Online Versus and modes
- Single player cream on top of the cake

Because I enjoy playing locally more than online, all the criticism Capcom got for it's lackluster online execution doesn't affect me that much. That doesn't make it right to drop the ball, it's just at the end of the day I'm still enjoying the game playing locally, and more of the emphasis is put on having a good fighting system, and the characters and whatnot that I like the most. Which just happens to be where Marvel takes the cake over MK for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom