• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Event 28 — Event Match 10
Finish Arcade while your opponent has an infinite Hyper Combo Gauge (final battle excluded).
Title received: Rush Down!

Event 29 — Event Match 11
Finish Arcade while your opponent has permanent X-Factor Status (final battle excluded).
Title received: Tough Nut to Crack

Chavelo

Grecco said:
Event 28 — Event Match 10
Finish Arcade while your opponent has an infinite Hyper Combo Gauge (final battle excluded).
Title received: Rush Down!

Event 29 — Event Match 11
Finish Arcade while your opponent has permanent X-Factor Status (final battle excluded).
Title received: Tough Nut to Crack

Nice...

Is... the PSN... still down? /cries

LakeEarth

Event 29 was fun, no chip, constantly refilling life bar, extra damage. I wish they had level-3 xfactor Galactus though.

Event 28 isn't anything special. The AI doesn't really take advantage of their extra meter.

One nice thing about using Haggar on point is that when the shit hits the fan I can always throw out a Lariat and beat almost anything. I almost always hyper-cancel the Lariat into Rapid Fire Fist for decent damage. It's one of the few supers in the game where mashing buttons gets you extra hits, but I only learned this morning that it actually has 3 levels.

Level 1: Don't mash (12 hits)
Level 2: Mash a bit at startup, eyes glow white (18 hits if they all connect). I mash ABC so I don't accidentally use X-Factor.
Level 3: Mash a lot at startup, red glowing effect (30 hits). So far I've only pulled this off in practice mode with a turbo controller.

Normally I do Lariat, cancel into the level 2 version of Rapid Fire Fist, and if all the hits connect I follow up with an air pipe for one more hit. I just tried a few variations on this super and different followups in the lab:

lariat super1 hoodlum MM headbutt swing: 455,000
lariat super1 airpipe: 363,400
lariat super2: 379,800
lariat super2 airpipe: 397,800
lariat super2 icestorm: 561,900

Edit: I guess it's more damaging not to mash this super so I can follow up with an air combo, but you've got to catch them on the way down with your launcher and it's pretty easy to miss. Mashing to level 2 is guaranteed damage.

JeTmAn81

Parallax Scroll said:
One nice thing about using Haggar on point is that when the shit hits the fan I can always throw out a Lariat and beat almost anything. I almost always hyper-cancel the Lariat into Rapid Fire Fist for decent damage. It's one of the few supers in the game where mashing buttons gets you extra hits, but I only learned this morning that it actually has 3 levels.

Level 1: Don't mash (12 hits)
Level 2: Mash a bit at startup, eyes glow white (18 hits if they all connect). I mash ABC so I don't accidentally use X-Factor.
Level 3: Mash a lot at startup, red glowing effect (30 hits). So far I've only pulled this off in practice mode with a turbo controller.

Normally I do Lariat, cancel into the level 2 version of Rapid Fire Fist, and if all the hits connect I follow up with an air pipe for one more hit. I just tried a few variations on this super and different followups in the lab:

lariat super1 hoodlum MM headbutt swing: 455,000
lariat super1 airpipe: 363,400
lariat super2: 379,800
lariat super2 airpipe: 397,800
lariat super2 icestorm: 561,900

Edit: I guess it's more damaging not to mash this super so I can follow up with an air combo, but you've got to catch them on the way down with your launcher and it's pretty easy to miss. Mashing to level 2 is guaranteed damage.

If it really does do consistently more damage, I'd recommend not mashing and launching for air series after. Once you've done it enough times, the timing on the launch really isn't that tough.

I only do the level 1 with that Haggar super, then do the launcher after it.

In my experience, the hits always seem to miss when go above level 1, especially if you miss up the timing when you cancel out of the lariet. I hate when they fall out and you are left standing there all angry, heh.

Just doing level 1 into launcher is safer.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I only do the level 1 with that Haggar super, then do the launcher after it.

In my experience, the hits always seem to miss when go above level 1, especially if you miss up the timing when you cancel out of the lariet. I hate when they fall out and you are left standing there all angry, heh.

Just doing level 1 into launcher is safer.
Yeah, I hadn't tested the damage difference till today. I'll be going back to level 1 into launcher. Now, if I DHC into Rapid Fire Fist there's probably no chance for followup anyway, so mashing might be worthwhile in that case. Gotta test that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
From Gootecks Twitter:
gootecks_and_mike_ross_by_zatransis-d3fksnp.jpg

Shingin

We will be streaming the season finale of ranbat 3 for Wednesday Night Fights on www.justin.tv/leveluplive
at 8PM

We will also be doing a small wwe allstars segment and will be showing more mk9 matches along with mvc3 pools and top8. We have lots of returning players who haven't shown up since 3.1 so tonight should be exciting.

We also have a huge giveaway going on tonight from thq & madcatz check http://www.levelup-series.com/ for details.

hitsugi

Karsticles said:
It gets better. With 5 bars, she can actually kill an entire team before X-Factor level 3 wears off, because after Dirt Nap, she can Ankle Slicer to OTG, and it leads into a full combo; she builds just enough meter for 3 Dirt Naps to go through before level 3 X-Factor ends. I saw a video demonstrating once, but 'tis lost now.
I saw that video as well.. That isn't escapable for the incoming characters?

notworksafe

I need a new Marvel team. My terrible, shenanigans filled team is starting to become old. Not sure who I want to use though...

EDIT: Using Sent/Haggar/Phoenix currently.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
notworksafe said:
I need a new Marvel team. My terrible, shenanigans filled team is starting to become old. Not sure who I want to use though...
Wolverine/<PICKATOPTIERJUSTPICKATOPTIER>/Akuma

Neki

I need some new training partners besides Q when PSN comes back up, who wants to volunteer to be a punching bag?!

Neki

Is that what Tokido runs? I haven't seen him play MvC3 for a while, so I guess I don't remember. You should run Sentinel on point maybe, for epic lulz. Too bad you don't have Dante for the pseudo-Commando assist.

Ultimoo said:
Is that what Tokido runs? I haven't seen him play MvC3 for a while, so I guess I don't remember. You should run Sentinel on point maybe, for epic lulz. Too bad you don't have Dante for the pseudo-Commando assist.
All I remember is that Tokido ran Wolverine/Akuma/Sent at Final Round, and on the stream, Yipes pointed out that Tokido had his Murder Face shirt on, and all 3 of his team members have real mean mugs, so it fits.

Nah, that's exactly how it's supposed to be :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLrW7UYmx8#t=10m58s
(it is at 10:58 in case the time stamp screws up)
Hahaha, that's awesome.

I saw that video as well.. That isn't escapable for the incoming characters?
Well, within reason - X-23 still has to hit you with her level 3 attack, but it's unblockable. So, unless you have an invincible air hyper (Hard Drive), I can't think of anything you can do to defend against it if your opponent knows what he is doing.

I need some new training partners besides Q when PSN comes back up, who wants to volunteer to be a punching bag?!
Aren't we both midwest? I'm up - PSN is the same as my handle, add me. Warning: I punch back.

I am running Dormammu/Sentinel/CapCo-err, Dante right now, so you'll get to enjoy it.

Neki

Yeah, when PSN comes back, I'll add you. I also played some games with Prototype and the lag wasn't bad there too. Dorm on point? Ew, I hope you don't spam flame carpet either, that's going to be annnnnnoying. At least I got Ammy to beat Sentinel. :D

Parallax Scroll said:
All I remember is that Tokido ran Wolverine/Akuma/Sent at Final Round, and on the stream, Yipes pointed out that Tokido had his Murder Face shirt on, and all 3 of his team members have real mean mugs, so it fits.

He plays Wolverine/Sent/Phoenix now, even won Stunfest with it.

notworksafe

Ultimoo said:
Wolverine/Sent/Akuma sounds awesome, do it!
Parallax Scroll said:
aka Team Murderface

:O Must do it. I'll have to practice my Murderface though:

>:|

Oh also, I'll play with you when PSN comes back up, Ultimoo. Same name as my GAF handle. Don't expect anything super impressive though. I'll make an excellent punching bag.

Ogrekiller said:
He plays Wolverine/Sent/Phoenix now, even won Stunfest with it.
Fuckin' Phoenix. I love her, but having my hands tied on meter usage is becoming frustrating.

Neki

I never understand why Phoenix teams never use bars when they're at five bars and they still got all characters left. Also, I'd play with you guys more, but it's only ever me and Q in the GAF chat, you guys need to hang out in there more!

notworksafe

Ultimoo said:
I never understand why Phoenix teams never use bars when they're at five bars and they still got two left. Also, I'd play with you guys more, but it's only ever me and Q in the GAF chat, you guys need to hang out in there more!
Can't speak for everyone, but I just get worried that I won't be able to make meter back in a clutch situation...even though it's not usually a problem. Often I'll bring in Phoenix when I have the meter and play goofy keepaway, get DP eventually, swap her out and just use her assist. I dunno, probably not the best strategy but it's what I've become comfortable with.

My main problem with my old team was that I had big problems against players with a lot of range. I can't figure out how to get in with Haggar. Plus I'm just getting bored of Hagger and Phoenix. Not Sent though, he's a cool robro.

And yeah, I'll hang out in GAF chat more....was working two jobs before I got a recent promotion so I barely had time to do anything but work and sleep. With one nice job instead of two lame ones, I'll have more free time though. Also...typing with an arcade stick = :\ Add party chat to the new PSN pls, Sony.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Zissou said:
My favorite character is not on my favorite team. Does anybody else have this issue?
God's Beard. Though really I've forced Iron Man onto my team, and build around it.

@Phoenix. I don't understand why they don't use bar either. It's amazing, Phoenix-centric teams suffer so visibly when the player can't follow up on combos, giving the opponent so many more chances to fight back and get some real damage in. As a result, they get blown up so hard. I think Clockw0rk has the best Phoenix-team by far. He can actually lay the smackdown without Phoenix, knows when to efficiently use meter, and has made his team much more than a sacrifice for Dark Phoenix.

notworksafe

enzo_gt said:
@Phoenix. I don't understand why they don't use bar either. It's amazing, Phoenix-centric teams suffer so visibly when the player can't follow up on combos, giving the opponent so many more chances to fight back and get some real damage in. As a result, they get blown up so hard.
This is me. I have plenty of great setups with Sentinel that I can get off without issue, but I don't always follow up with a Hyper just because of a "what if I can't get the meter back and X happens" situation. I just feel like I have my hands tied sometimes.

I really like Phoenix and she's my favorite character, but basing a team around her doesn't seem to work out very well for the way I play.

Zissou

enzo_gt said:
God's Beard. Though really I've forced Iron Man onto my team, and build around it.

@Phoenix. I don't understand why they don't use bar either. It's amazing, Phoenix-centric teams suffer so visibly when the player can't follow up on combos, giving the opponent so many more chances to fight back and get some real damage in. As a result, they get blown up so hard. I think Clockw0rk has the best Phoenix-team by far. He can actually lay the smackdown without Phoenix, knows when to efficiently use meter, and has made his team much more than a sacrifice for Dark Phoenix.

Iron Man has some solid assists that could potentially help a lot of teams though, right? Or are you starting him on point?

In my case, I like Deadpool a lot, but the team I've built around him just doesn't work all that well for me. Deadpool/Storm/Sentinel should be good, but neither Storm nor Sentinel really fit my style of play. Storm sucks down too much meter for too little benefit, and Sentinel CAN be a really great anchor, but at the same time he can get bodied for free against any of the quicker xf lvl 3 characters. Hmm...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Zissou said:
Iron Man has some solid assists that could potentially help a lot of teams though, right? Or are you starting him on point?

In my case, I like Deadpool a lot, but the team I've built around him just doesn't work all that well for me. Deadpool/Storm/Sentinel should be good, but neither Storm nor Sentinel really fit my style of play. Storm sucks down too much meter for too little benefit, and Sentinel CAN be a really great anchor, but at the same time he can get bodied for free against any of the quicker xf lvl 3 characters. Hmm...
Mid, and unibeam is godlike. Was experimenting with Dorm setups recently.

I don't think I'll ever find *THE* team. though I'm pretty close with Dorm/Iron/Skrull,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom