• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
LakeEarth said:
But he knows how to play Dan. He clearly, CLEARLY did not know how to play Skrull (he used the wrong meteor smash at least once, couldn't do a simple magic series -> tenderizer -> hyper combo, etc).
Justin was trolling hard all weekend and I think this is Evo's way of making sure he doesn't get out of hand. See the late SSF4 match at PowerUp where he wasted eons not picking his character.

Dahbomb

Watching the PowerUp Grand Final again... Floe basically won it with Dormammu ALONE.

He made 3 OCV comebacks and would've been a 4th one as well but got Hidden Missiles in the face.

I'm looking for extreme noob bnbs for Dr Doom. None of that air dashing stuff yet, I'd like to get at least some feel for the character first. What's his most bonehead easy combo?

h3ro

Nose Master said:
That yellow card thing is bullshit. Trolling is always entertaining :(. I'm assuming this is just because he's in EG, right?

I don't think it was the trolling so much as it was basically throwing a match to help get a friend more seeding points.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oldschoolgamer said:
What's some good bnb's for wolverine? >.> I'm having so much fun with him, Akuma, and Dorm.
L M L H S j.M j.M j.H xx Drill Claw ~ Dive Kick land H S j.M j.M j.H xx Drill Claw xx Fatal Claw

And since you are using Akuma aswell

L M L H S j.M j.M j.H xx Drill Claw ~ Dive Kick land H S j.M j.M j.H j.S land Tatsu assist Down Forward M Weapon X

OK, with Doom I'm up to:

Foot Dive > ADF > j.M > cr.L > cr.M > cr.H > S ^ j.M > j.M > ADF > j.M

I haven't totally figured out the timing on the Air Dash > j.M yet... sometimes Doom just airdashes and the j.M never comes out.

NeoUltima

Parallax Scroll said:
OK, with Doom I'm up to:

Foot Dive > ADF > j.M > cr.L > cr.M > cr.H > S ^ j.M > j.M > ADF > j.M

I haven't totally figured out the timing on the Air Dash > j.M yet... sometimes Doom just airdashes and the j.M never comes out.
From my limited Doom experience, you should be delaying j.M a lot after the air dash. Do jm too early (even if it does come out) and you won't be able to juggle them back up when Doom lands; wait til they fall closer to the ground(but not too close) before doing the jm.

jdub03

I am really starting to mesh with magnetos playstyle. His combos are starting to come together. In other news I am now up to a fifth lord. Hoping to reach 4th and 3rd by the weekend. The grind is getting longer each level so that might not be possible.

Wow... I understand how stupid of jwong was to just lose like that (haven't seen the actual match but I've heard about it) but he shouldn't be penalized for this event. There were NO rules to that beforehand so how can you punish someone that wasn't in? That's like saying "look! this new combo that we've never seen before does 100% damage with one button, that's so unfair! We're going to take that win away from you." I mean, obviously that's blown out of proportion, but that's taking away something that never existed. Now, if they put in the rules for FUTURE events, that would make more sense.

notworksafe

There were already rules against throwing matches before this event.

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Wow... I understand how stupid of jwong was to just lose like that (haven't seen the actual match but I've heard about it) but he shouldn't be penalized for this event. There were NO rules to that beforehand so how can you punish someone that wasn't in? That's like saying "look! this new combo that we've never seen before does 100% damage with one button, that's so unfair! We're going to take that win away from you." I mean, obviously that's blown out of proportion, but that's taking away something that never existed. Now, if they put in the rules for FUTURE events, that would make more sense.

But there were rules...

http://evo2k.com/?page_id=47

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Parallax Scroll said:
Ha, I love the ending.
You better have a guy dressed up as Wesker in the next one.
* Waits for Morrigan Episode *
;)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DHC'ing into Wesker Counter with the Flame Carpet out infront is some top level safe shit.

DHC'ing into dirt nap with X-23 is DIRTY.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dat Felicia meter building.

Dat laming out.

Tron assist interrupting Felicia's cinematic hyper allowing Dirt Nap to go through? I didn't know those could be interrupted.

Some unique shit on display here. And Dat Tron comeback. Quality stream so far.

EDIT: Sorry about DP. DAMN @ THAT DORMAMMU PERFECT. MastaCJ >>>

Neki

lol I made some ghetto Ammy combos that only need Sent assist and I only need to press H/S/Assist and it still does 600k, so good. Also been practicing X-23 and Ammy together, DHC glitch gets 1 million damage but I still can't use her. I'm almost sure I can match up against Q now though. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MastaCJ vs. Josh Wong on the stream now! Salty runback from the last stream (I think Grand finals?) which was hype!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
enzo_gt said:
Tron assist interrupting Felicia's cinematic hyper allowing Dirt Nap to go through? I didn't know those could be interrupted.
Felicia's only cinematic hyper is her level 3, which has 59 frames of invulnerability. Are you sure that's what you saw?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:
Felicia's only cinematic hyper is her level 3, which has 59 frames of invulnerability. Are you sure that's what you saw?
Nah, it was her usually spin up and slash one. Always thought it was cinematic because of the camera angles. Never mind, I was mistaken.

Neki

Guys, what happened to MT? Apparently MT and enzo cannot exist together, as one of them is always banned, lol. Also, my BnB with X-23 is easier under lag conditions, so weird.

Masamuna

Masamuna said:
How does X-23 (b)/Task (a)/Doom (y) sound as a team?

Horizontal arrows help X approach from long, Rocks help mid to upclose and also help her combo in DHC glitch. Once task is in both assists help his mixup game or so I hope.

Also, does anyone know the best followup for Task post DHC glitch?

Just took a second look and rocks doesn't pick up mid screen. But after further research I could see these three teams doing well:

X-23/Task/Dorm
X-23/Task/Akuma
X-23/Task/Ammy

Ammy seems to make it the most flexible since she can also exploit the DHC glitch. Tough having her as an anchor doesn't seem as bright as the other two choices. I'm probably wrong though XD

I tried some Doom, some Storm, and a little bit of Trish today. Still can't decide on a third to go with Zero/Haggar. Storm might be OK if I learned how to do more than just spam hailstorm. I know a BnB with her but I haven't really learned how to get in yet.

Dahbomb

Oh man we got Felicia mirror matches on the Break Weekly. Lots of solid Felicia play and with 2 different uses for her (on point meter building and anchor/assist for the unblockable set up). Josh Wong changing up his team but still keeping his trademark Dante/Felicia combo.

Neki

This lack of PSN is really killing me. I have these new BnBs and teams but nothing to practice against, lol.

Can someone test if Ammy's reflector works against Shuma's Mystic Ray?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
This lack of PSN is really killing me. I have these new BnBs and teams but nothing to practice against, lol.

Can someone test if Ammy's reflector works against Shuma's Mystic Ray?

It does

Neki

it does a little. but when psn comes back, we'll have a salty runback, first to ten, and I'm going to win. I'm that confident. THAT CONFIDENT.

p.s don't turn your back on MvC3 GAF, we love you. :O

lol lol lol lol lol lol

*doesn't that look like a bunch of tiny dudes drowning?*
See, this is why you're a pessimist Q. I see a bunch of guys raising their arms up while they cheer.

And then I click the next page - pessimist is an understatement. My best wishes to you.

LakeEarth

That X-23 dirtnap technology is so dirty. Coming in? Don't have a crazy fast teleport? Then you eat that level 3 no matter what. Jam Session assist to immediately lock down character = free level 3. Neat.

That X-23 dirtnap technology is so dirty. Coming in? Don't have a crazy fast teleport? Then you eat that level 3 no matter what. Jam Session assist to immediately lock down character = free level 3. Neat.
It gets better. With 5 bars, she can actually kill an entire team before X-Factor level 3 wears off, because after Dirt Nap, she can Ankle Slicer to OTG, and it leads into a full combo; she builds just enough meter for 3 Dirt Naps to go through before level 3 X-Factor ends. I saw a video demonstrating once, but 'tis lost now.

Gonna try Storm out some more and see if she's easier to use than Doom. That would make my team Zero/Storm/Haggar.

What I can do with Storm so far:
1. cr.LMH S ^ MMHS > OTG Hailstorm (in practice mode)
2. Whirlwind assist. Is it helping Zero? Doesn't really look like it.
3. Rekkoha DHC into Hailstorm
4. Chip people out with Hailstorm
5. Level 3 X-Factor and Hailstorm like 4 times in a row

In other words, I player her scrubby as hell. I need to learn how to get in with her and start combos. I probably need to learn some tri-jumps and shit.

And amazingly, I think I faced Tron's assist for the first time yesterday. Damn that shit is annoying.

Edit: I haven't done it yet, but random Haggar Lariat > Rapid Fire Fist (mash hits) > Hailstorm is probably pretty good damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom