• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

wtf is wrong with PSN gaf, fought 3/4 of you and 3 of you have taskmaster. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. you all do the same thing too.

Razor210

Ultimoo said:
wtf is wrong with PSN gaf, fought 3/4 of you and 3 of you have taskmaster. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. you all do the same thing too.
My blocking was horrendous (I will say that I'm pretty sure I was blocking on all those tron dash-air c)...but Hulk is the best character in the game, so its all good :D

Neki

Razor210 said:
My blocking was horrendous (I will say that I'm pretty sure I was blocking on all those tron dash-air c)...but Hulk is the best character in the game, so its all good :D
70% of your victories were from Hulk. >_>

def sim

Taskmaster is really popular in general. He's able to zone, fight head on, and has great damage.

Pretty much like Ryu in Vanilla/Super.

Razor210

Ultimoo said:
70% of your victories were from Hulk. >_>
all I did was channel some Mike Ross.

And all of those Gamma Quakes - yeah, they were supposed to be Gamma Crushes. the lag somehow makes my inputs all weird for some reason

PsychoSoldier said:
Man, EMP has gone on quite the recruiting spree lately, huh?
Is it just a name now? I cant imagine Triforce paying for all of them to get to any tournaments unless its a select few. Unless they head over to next level and he has a fun pass lol

Dahbomb

NorCal definitely has some nice players. People get all excited over Marlin's C Viper but I think Chrisis's C Viper is really snazzy too. Plus he discovered the Viper ball trick so I want to see him use that in matches.

LOL @ the counter video to Daigo. It was bound to happen. Sanford Kelly getting fucking serious... THIS IS AN ATTACK ON AMERICA!

Kimosabae

Banned
Dahbomb said:
That's the Hysteric move, you can't do it like that.

Motion carries over when you are pressing S + A (A + B is dash lol) during the bold cancel. That's why when you are doing Volcano, you can just hold the stick forward after Stinger and do the rest of the part later.

With Crystal you have to neutral stick it before doing the motion.

BALLER Iron Man combos
<-- These combos are hard as fuck so appreciate

Iron Man technology evolving. Stark enterprises putting in work.

Dang, the Auto Pilot combo had me stumbling into this direction with my shit. The big take away was how much j. 6H/j.2H can drastically effect combos (every time I'd fuckup the original S -> SJC H -> Fly, I'd often get 6H/2H and it would put the opponent in awkward positions). Combined with Fly, Air Dash Cancelable normals, and j.2/6H, Iron Man may be the most intricate character in the game in terms of combo- outside Dante.

Where did you find the link for this vid?

Toski

Looking back at that stream, Evil Rashaan needs to drop spidey, or put him on point.

When I saw his Spidey vs Marlin's Magneto I already knew the battle was lost.

For Super MvC3, I wouldn't be surprised if flight mode airdashes are nerfed to some degree, especially Magneto's insane air mobility. Combine that with all the tech thats been put into him, and I think we're going to see Mags get the same treatment Sagat got from vanilla to Super.

USD

Toski said:
Looking back at that stream, Evil Rashaan needs to drop spidey, or put him on point.

When I saw his Spidey vs Marlin's Magneto I already knew the battle was lost.
He does put Spider-Man on point.

Nose Master

Task is really easy to be "good" with (kinda like Wolv). Easy and great zoning, a counter, projectile hypers, easy combos, annoying rushdown, etc.

Toski

USD said:
He does put Spider-Man on point.
He actually started Wesker when he played Marlin Pie. I don't know if that was a mistake or intentional, but Spidey didn't start on point in that match. If he started Spidey on point earlier in the tournament then I stand corrected.

Dahbomb

Kimosabae said:
Dang, the Auto Pilot combo had me stumbling into this direction with my shit. The big take away was how much j. 6H/j.2H can drastically effect combos (every time I'd fuckup the original S -> SJC H -> Fly, I'd often get 6H/2H and it would put the opponent in awkward positions). Combined with Fly, Air Dash Cancelable normals, and j.2/6H, Iron Man may be the most intricate character in the game in terms of combo- outside Dante.

Where did you find the link for this vid?
SRK forums, one of the threads in the Iron Man character section. Link was posted by the guy who made the video.

For Super MvC3, I wouldn't be surprised if flight mode airdashes are nerfed to some degree, especially Magneto's insane air mobility. Combine that with all the tech thats been put into him, and I think we're going to see Mags get the same treatment Sagat got from vanilla to Super.
Only thing Magneto needs is more start up time on L Disruptor beam (7 frames start up is better than most characters cr.M). Maybe less damage on j.H...

And LOL Magneto is not even in the same class as Sagat. Magneto requires some execution to play and dropping one of his long ass combos is usually death as you build so much meter for the other team (meaning Magneto ends up eating a LVL3 in the face for his dropped combos). The fast paced style and high risk/high reward combos of Magneto is what makes this game exciting to watch. What they should be doing is buffing the lower end of the cast.

Also EvilRahsaan normally puts Spider Man on point. If he used Spider Man outside of point, then it might have been a strategic move to change his order.

Dahbomb

No man I have a PS3 and I don't play online because of my region (South Asia) and Internet connection (not good at all).

If I am still here after a year and back in the States, I will definitely play online Marvel but until then I am in the dark ages.

Dahbomb

I play offline among friends. We have regular MVC3 sessions because everyone loves the game and wants to get better. I do alright (as in I don't get bored), I am sort of used to it because I am old school like that (playing MVC2 on Dreamcast with friends, having a blast).

I don't think I have ever played a fighter online aside from SF4 and that was only briefly. I remember it being a lag fest even though I was getting wins.

smurfx

get some go again
Nose Master said:
Task is really easy to be "good" with (kinda like Wolv). Easy and great zoning, a counter, projectile hypers, easy combos, annoying rushdown, etc.
he is easy to get started off with but if you don't put time in with him then he will get blown up against other good taskmasters. i rarely encounter people with taskmasters on par with mine. i'm not bragging and saying i have one of the best ones but i pretty much know all the tricks and know how to counter those tricks because i have put in a lot of time with him.

Neki

smurfx said:
he is easy to get started off with but if you don't put time in with him then he will get blown up against other good taskmasters. i rarely encounter people with taskmasters on par with mine. i'm not bragging and saying i have one of the best ones but i pretty much know all the tricks and know how to counter those tricks because i have put in a lot of time with him.
q would probably rape you. probably. he's the best taskmaster on PSN GAF at least. ;)

Dahbomb

Mega Buster from the top corner of the screen where the arrows can't hit me -> L Raikousen -> Shippouga, S -> MMHS -> Wesker assist relaunch -> MMHS -> air QCF+H Iron Man beam relaunch -> MHS (if I get Buster again I will use it around the time Iron Man beam is hitting) -> Rekkoha or mix up situation in the corner.

And I have no remorse over using X Factor early to kill the heart of the team.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
q would probably rape you. probably. he's the best taskmaster on PSN GAF at least. ;)
that is why i want to fight him so badly. i really want to compare taskmasters. i would buy the ps3 version of mvc3 and borrow my cousins ps3 but that is going a little overboard. i would also have to buy the ssf4 pad for the ps3 as well. way too much money.

Dahbomb said:
I would love to play Q's Taskmaster some day. My Maverick Hunter has been trained to kill zoners. :)
what about guys with taskmaster and zero? haggar too to stop zeros rush down.

Dahbomb

That would require a different team for sure. :(

Recently I have gotten this mind boggling fear of Zero. I lose to him more often that I should. Back of my mind keeps saying "RESPECT THAT PRIORITY" which allows him to steam roll me.

I definitely have to step up my anti-Zero game. I am free to Zero.

Kimosabae

Banned
Bomb, can you post that link? I never saw that thread and I still don't see it.

*edit*

Found it. Thought you meant it was a new thread.

Neki

man I cry every time I drop a tron combo against PSN GAF, that's one character that could be dead that I failed to kill. =( I once raped a whole team with Tron against a random guy online, doing the exact same thing to him three times. I wonder how mad he was.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:

Recently I have gotten this mind boggling fear of Zero. I lose to him more often that I should. Back of my mind keeps saying "RESPECT THAT PRIORITY" which allows him to steam roll me.

i usually just zone zero. put task on point and have a sougenmu powered zero as my assist. just spam double handengekis and zone him with taskmaster. if the poor guy makes the mistake of getting too close then haggar gives him a nice lariat to the face and by then i can usually just kill him with a taskmaster combo.

jdub03

Dahbomb said:

This is exactly what I do. I now just runaway and zone against him. I still get destroyed by a good zero playing this way. If I get a hit in I sometimes xfactor to kill him off. Somebody needs to test normals to see if anything can beat his high priority stuff.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
If there's one feature I'd love to see make it over in SSFIV AE is the Player Matchmaking system. I love Marvel because of this. I think everyone agrees that Ranked is pretty borked, it's not fun to lose if/when lag is an issue, and when you do lose it's hard to learn anything because you're on to the next opponent and there's no rematch.

I've had so much more fun in this game than SSFIV because of how awesome Player Matches work, once the match is over just Rematch and you're right back in the action. No having to boot back out to the lobby, then character reselect, stage reselect, and then wait for the match to load. Just Rematch and then boom you're ready.

I had a great 13 game set with someone yesterday, very education to be able to run back matches and see what's working and what isn't.

Anyways, yeah I'm very happy PSN is back. I've been running a Hulk/Deadpool/Arthur team and having fun with it. It's still frustrating to try and land Deadpool combos online, he's my weakest link online and probably one of my strongest offline. And Lv 3 XF + Gold Armour Arthur is just deadly... it's fun for me and I'm sure pissing off a lot of opponents to get chipped to death from full screen.

Dahbomb

http://shoryuken.com/f367/flying-while-intoxicated-iron-man-thread-263082/index14.html

Kimosabae said:
What are considered Zero's best buttons?
The question, is what are considered Zero's worst buttons?

Cr.B is godlike, st.H is godlike, f.H is godlike, j.H is godlike. J.L is instant overhead on tall characters, not that it matters even because I use the L button to charge up the Buster, which if hits while fully powered causing an untechable Hard knockdown and can be followed up from full screen with Raikousen. Cr.H if hit from a juggle will allow you to add ANOTHER MHf+H before the launcher.

Zero's priority is pretty much only matched by like 3 or 4 other characters but those other characters don't have nearly as much +ve or safe stuff on block. Don't even get me started on that MEGA BUSTER which has the hit box the size of RUSSIA.

Personally, I always use my Taskmaster team as a good determinant of how good my opponent is.

Karsticles was in PSN chat but he didn't respond to any fight requests. :(
The BB:CS2 patch came out yesterday. I was playing that the whole night. I don't get messages as pop-ups on my screen because it distracts me. We will play soon, sir.

Zero's priority is pretty much only matched by like 3 or 4 other characters but those other characters don't have nearly as much +ve or safe stuff on block. Don't even get me started on that MEGA BUSTER which has the hit box the size of RUSSIA.
And yet, I find Zero strangely relaxing compared to Wolverine, Captain America, Wesker, and Taskmaster.

That's right, Captain America.

Dahbomb

He is not as fast as Wolverine in that you can actually SEE his teleports and react to stuff he does. But you can't do anything about his priority, so if you are stuck in a corner against Zero you just have to block/super jump your way out of it if he allows it.

Although I don't know much about Captain America, haven't played enough good Caps. His normals are surprisingly good and his Shield Slash assist is solid as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom