• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

woo just played a bunch of marvel

@Chavelo: god damnit, I was beating you when you were playing rushdown, but once you started zoning, all down hill from there. Q does the same thing and I still can't beat it, fricking Taskmaster. And I don't know how many times your Dorm killed me with XF3. still need a better way to get in against zoning, Sentinel does the best job of avoiding projectiles, but hidden misslie spam is lool. gg though, I was raging pretty hard near the end.

@Prototype: Your X-23 is probably your best character, if you beat my Ammy before I killed you, you basically won the match. When you switched to Ammy, you have to use the whip to zone out Tron and Sentinel, can't do much against that, lol. The double tron assist spam was funny though. Also, why don't you call deadpool assist after an X-23 combo? Instead of using Ankle Slice, you call the assist, fully charge Neck Slice, and then you can either combo into Weapon X Prime for a DHC glitch, or relaunch for more damage. Try it out sometime. :p

Chavelo

Ultimoo said:
woo just played a bunch of marvel

@Chavelo: god damnit, I was beating you when you were playing rushdown, but once you started zoning, all down hill from there. Q does the same thing and I still can't beat it, fricking Taskmaster. And I don't know how many times your Dorm killed me with XF3. still need a better way to get in against zoning, Sentinel does the best job of avoiding projectiles, but hidden misslie spam is lool. gg though, I was raging pretty hard near the end.

@Prototype: Your X-23 is probably your best character, if you beat my Ammy before I killed you, you basically won the match. When you switched to Ammy, you have to use the whip to zone out Tron and Sentinel, can't do much against that, lol. The double tron assist spam was funny though. Also, why don't you call deadpool assist after an X-23 combo? Instead of using Ankle Slice, you call the assist, fully charge Neck Slice, and then you can either combo into Weapon X Prime for a DHC glitch, or relaunch for more damage. Try it out sometime. :p

Those were some great matches. DAT AMMY RUSHDOWN... Argh, was pissing myself... "DON'T GET HIT... DON'T GE- GOTFUCKING DAMN IT"
Ammy - NOM NOM NOM NOM

Awesome Tron, too. Only one that I have fought where I can't hit back after I block a combo.

I really want to have a few matches with Q, but the first fight I had with him....

/cries for the lag

smurfx

get some go again
stupid capcom you should of gave haggar some kind of projectile. a knife would of been nice or the ability to throw the pipe. they give characters like dante everything and yet neglect haggar. just because final fight isn't popular these days doesn't mean they should discriminate. :p

Neki

smurfx said:
stupid capcom you should of gave haggar some kind of projectile. a knife would of been nice or the ability to throw the pipe. they give characters like dante everything and yet neglect haggar. just because final fight isn't popular these days doesn't mean they should discriminate. :p
cody has the best projectile in SSF4. fact.

when I start playing SSF4, he's going to be my main.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
cody has the best projectile in SSF4. fact.

when I start playing SSF4, he's going to be my main.
didn't even know cody was in ssf4. wish he or guy were in mvc3. maybe one of them will be in smvc3.

edit: lol guy is in ssf4 too. i played ssf4 once and said screw this and went back to mvc3.

Neki

am bored, going to go watch Street Fighter Is Hard, I will play with PSN GAF tomorrow. Someone give me tips on how to beat a zoning taskmaster, oh god.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
am bored, going to go watch Street Fighter Is Hard, I will play with PSN GAF tomorrow. Someone give me tips on how to beat a zoning taskmaster, oh god.

Shut down the air. Trish is good for this and so is Morrigan. Plus, teleporters that can trick him into super jumping or shooting in the wrong zone is good. I saw a Wesker, and a Phoenix player really screw up a zone Taskmaster by getting him to aim in the wrong spot. Especially Wesker who would bait the arching shot and then teleport not above him but straight downto the same spot to fire gun and hit confirm the real teleport.

Also Doom has a lot of Anti Task zone stuff if you get it off int time. Hidden missile messes it up, another Task on vertical shot ruins it, and Doom's finger lasers tends to screw up the air a bit on dive back shooting since the usually don't get all the shots cleared off with arrows. Also, stone smite with Skrull.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
Okay, anything Ammy can do though? That's the only one on my team that might be able to stop it. :p
well you can always use ammy's instant special on him. god i hate that thing. that or use that lasso or whatever it is ammy uses and try and get to him and catch him and throw him and then use the special on him if you have the meter. these days i blow up all the ammy's i encounter. its pretty easy to counter her with taskmaster.

Neki

smurfx said:
well you can always use ammy's instant special on him. god i hate that thing. that or use that lasso or whatever it is ammy uses and try and get to him and catch him and throw him and then use the special on him if you have the meter. these days i blow up all the ammy's i encounter. its pretty easy to counter her with taskmaster.
yeah, that's the problem these days. taskmaster is probably the character I have the hardest time with because he has good rushdown with zoning capabilities. I might try Sentinel, but not sure.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
yeah, that's the problem these days. taskmaster is probably the character I have the hardest time with because he has good rushdown with zoning capabilities. I might try Sentinel, but not sure.
chris and deadpool can give taskmaster a lot of trouble since they can also zone pretty well. you should try them.

smurfx said:
He'll probably get a knife throw or something similar in Super MvC3 and be way more awesome.

I'm having fun with Wolverine/Zero/Akuma at the moment. Wolverine is indeed an easy character. My Akuma sucks but he's just there for the assist anyway.

zon

Hey guys do you know what happened to Neo? Didn't he like MvC3 or what? I haven't seen him in any tournament since the WNF back in february.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
That's some funny ass shit right there if it actually happened in a real match.

THC FAIL!

Sir Garbageman said:
Quick assist question. When I rock Trish / Task / Dead should I go with Deadpool's Quickwork to give Task a potential unblockable with Spider Swing or Katanarama to give Trish an OTG?
You should probably just have Trish last and rock it with the unblockable if you can set it up with Taskmaster. Good team for zoning, you want the Trish assist on you at all times because it makes teleporters think twice about getting in. Great for Deadpool too. Trish with LVL3 X factor becomes pretty beastly, you can just take out characters with day 1 combos.

The rest of your characters can do enough damage without an OTG.

Parallax Scroll said:
How much does it gimp Wolverine if you don't pair him with Akuma?

Also, it turns out turning a Zero air buster hit into a combo is super easy. I usually do Shippuga in between the Raikousen and launcher. Free, easy hits.
Any assist that allows Wolverine to follow up after Berserker Slash and combo off of his throw is a good assist for Wovlerine.

Good to know. I'm messing around with Wolverine a bit because he seems pretty easy to play, but my point Akuma is crappy. I already know Sent so I could try a Wolverine/Zero/Sent team. Who needs hit points!
Anchoring with Akuma is pretty easy on a mundane level. Jump around and spam fireballs until your opponent whiffs a jab or calls an assist, then Messatsu Gohado-Ungyo them. You win!

Sentinel is so free to a good Taskmaster. Legion Arrow actually beats Hyper Sentinel Force on reaction, too.

Hey guys do you know what happened to Neo? Didn't he like MvC3 or what? I haven't seen him in any tournament since the WNF back in february.
No clue.

Dahbomb

Taskmaster owns Sentinel SO FREE it's fucking ridiculous. As long as the Taskmaster player doesn't do something dumb like try to rushdown Sentinel and end up eating a frying pan.

Also Aegis Counter >>>>>>> Hard Drive.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Taskmaster owns Sentinel SO FREE it's fucking ridiculous. As long as the Taskmaster player doesn't do something dumb like try to rushdown Sentinel and end up eating a frying pan.

I'm glad to see as the life of the game goes on, more and more people are using Taskmaster and Wesker's counter hypers, and effectively at that.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:

yeah i usually just spam arrows on the sentinel user and wait for him to come to me and either call in haggar when he is trying his low leg thrust or wait till the does his low leg thrust and high kick and then just charge from there and hurt him good. if he tries to fly around i just shoot my vertical arrows and get him. he eventually has to come to me because he is going to be taking a bunch of chip damage. you can't spam taskmaster with sentinels lasers either because i just jump and shoot down my arrows and get him that way.

Dahbomb

I want to see people counter that Wolverine Dive Kick and Berserker Slash for great justice.

In fact, every button of Wolverine can be countered... EVEN Fatal Claw.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
I want to see people counter that Wolverine Dive Kick and Berserker Slash for great justice.

haggar is one of wolverines worst enemies. i always wait for wolverine users to try their usual dive kick and call in haggars double lariat assist and then punish him. i usually have my zero assist powered up by sougenmu shooting double handangekis as well on the wolverine as he charges while i rain down arrows from taskmaster.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
Haggar assist in general puts rushdown on check. And Wolverine only knows how to play one style.
although wolverine with sentinel drones assist gets tough as taskmasters arrows don't completely eat up the drones in time to let you guard against the wolverine rush down. the double lariat assist is good for that situation.

Dahbomb said:
You should probably just have Trish last and rock it with the unblockable if you can set it up with Taskmaster. Good team for zoning, you want the Trish assist on you at all times because it makes teleporters think twice about getting in. Great for Deadpool too. Trish with LVL3 X factor becomes pretty beastly, you can just take out characters with day 1 combos.

The rest of your characters can do enough damage without an OTG.

Thanks. So you think Task horizontal arrows / Deadpool quickwork / Trish peekaboo? I've used Task and Trish a ton, just learning Deadpool. People forget he has a teleport, love catching people sleeping after zoning for a few seconds.

Dahbomb

Sir Garbageman said:
Thanks. So you think Task horizontal arrows / Deadpool quickwork / Trish peekaboo? I've used Task and Trish a ton, just learning Deadpool. People forget he has a teleport, love catching people sleeping after zoning for a few seconds.
I would also put in Deadpool first, just so you can have the extra help of the DHC glitch if you need it. Plus Taskmaster arrows can DHC into anything so he is always an excellent 2nd character. Plus Tasmaster horizontal arrows and Deadpool Teleport mix up is nice too. Trish to keep the teleporters off your ass. Tag out Deadpool when he is low on health and then keep zoning or go for unblockables (people forget that Deadpool is still in play).

Vertical arrows are not bad either, they function as a nice anti-air and ghetto Doom Hidden missiles.

I think the general issue is that Wolverine combines those things with assists, and you unfortunately cannot counter them.

Dahbomb

That's the whole issue with Wolverine.

Wolverine without assists -> Good/Great rushdown character but manageable

Wolverine with assists -> Omega class Mutant

Chavelo

Dahbomb said:

Before I picked up Tasky, my life was in shambles! I would log on and play and everytime I see someone with a Sentinel, I would start shaking and crying.

But now, thanks to Taskmaster, I have a new meaning in life! With Vertical arrows raining down plus Dr Doom's HIDDAN MISSALAS, I don't have to worry about those pesky robots anymore!

Thank you, Taskmaster!

Taskmaster.jpg

"TASKMASTER HERE! YOU TOO CAN MAKE THOSE DAMN MUTANT-KILLERS INTO A PILE OF METAL. JUST CALL 1-800-TASKMASTER IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES AND YOU TOO CAN START SPAMMING ARROWS* THAT'LL MAKE YOUR OPPONENTS RAGE QUIT ALL THE TIME! CALL NOW!"

*fees and restrictions may apply. Taskmaster is not responsible if you are shunned or mocked in Gaming Age forums or among friends for being cheap. Not applicable in Hawaii, Ohio, or Alaska.

Dahbomb said:

Cool man, thanks. Need to get my Deadpool game up but I'll give this new configuration a whirl.

Dahbomb,

You use She-Hulk right? Any tips on getting in on a solid zoning team? I run She-Hulk / Task / Sent and was having issues against a few Magnus and Dorm players last night. Was driving me nuts.

Dahbomb

I dropped playing She Hulk for a bit to play with other characters. I only know her very basic and day one stuff.

But getting in with She Hulk was never a problem, especially if you have the Sentinel drone assist. Use the wall jump feature into the ground bounce move, it's a very underused ability of She Hulk to get in. You can also go from the slide into the wall jump which is a great way to trick people into attacking with a horizontal attack (like Task's Legion arrows).

jdub03

Does anyone know if in this video he bold cancels stinger into crystal or does he just do the move. I've been trying it out but can't get that move to connect. I always end up getting volcano to come out instead.

Does anyone know if in this video he bold cancels stinger into crystal or does he just do the move. I've been trying it out but can't get that move to connect. I always end up getting volcano to come out instead.
If it combos out of Stinger, I'm pretty sure it's always a bold cancel.

Dahbomb

jdub03 said:
That's definitely a bold cancel. You can't do shit after Stinger normally.

jdub03

I wasn't sure because magneto was in a none recoverable falling state. It looked like he had time to get the crystal move out. You guys are right though, it looks like a bold cancel. I'm having trouble with it because I get a dP if I don't put the stick in a neutral state after the stinger. I guess I'll have to just practice it until I get it.

Dahbomb

Yeah man that buffer on the Stinger (which is f+H) definitely carries over through the bold cancel. Which is why doing the Volcano after it is easier, you are basically just inputting d, d/f after it. Try doing half circle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just put some time into Training mode and created some combos of my own For Iron Man (and Dorm but I've seen those combos elsewhere, stealing shit from that Smexymills vid). Excited :D

jdub03

Dahbomb said:
Yeah man that buffer on the Stinger (which is f+H) definitely carries over through the bold cancel. Which is why doing the Volcano after it is easier, you are basically just inputting d, d/f after it. Try doing half circle.

So could I do QCF H, A+B for bold cancel, then quickly input m. Would the QCF carry over to act as the motion for crystal(or whatever the move is called).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom