• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamuna

jdub03 said:
So could I do QCF H, A+B for bold cancel, then quickly input m. Would the QCF carry over to act as the motion for crystal(or whatever the move is called).

That would give you missiles I would assume.

When cancelling stinger I usually ride the gate for dp motions and let the stick go to neutral for qcf motions.

Dahbomb

jdub03 said:
So could I do QCF H, A+B for bold cancel, then quickly input m. Would the QCF carry over to act as the motion for crystal(or whatever the move is called).
That's the Hysteric move, you can't do it like that.

Motion carries over when you are pressing S + A (A + B is dash lol) during the bold cancel. That's why when you are doing Volcano, you can just hold the stick forward after Stinger and do the rest of the part later.

With Crystal you have to neutral stick it before doing the motion.

BALLER Iron Man combos
<-- These combos are hard as fuck so appreciate

Iron Man technology evolving. Stark enterprises putting in work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
That's the Hysteric move, you can't do it like that.

Motion carries over when you are pressing S + A (A + B is dash lol) during the bold cancel. That's why when you are doing Volcano, you can just hold the stick forward after Stinger and do the rest of the part later.

With Crystal you have to neutral stick it before doing the motion.

BALLER Iron Man combos
<-- These combos are hard as fuck so appreciate

Iron Man technology evolving. Stark enterprises putting in work.
DAT DAMAGE

I 100% approve of superior tech moving up the ranks. Fuck yeah, Iron Man. Someone fwd this to FlashMetroid and Viscant.

Dahbomb

Viscant can't even do basic day 1 double jump combos with Iron Man. :/ My Iron Man is better than his though even he admits he uses Iron Man as an assist character.

And FlashMetroid already has done more than enough for Iron Man, he has perfected the autopilot combo while adding his own tweaks (the Autopilot is a bit character specific and works a bit differently in the corner).

But these new fly/unfly combos after standing H are the future for Iron Man. He can also do damage after an air throw with air L Smart Bombs for 500K damage (nice for solo air throw damage). This BnB does like 700K+ without assist and with assist Iron Man can tag in Repulsor Blast + Spread for over 800K damage as seen in the video to kill a character like Magneto with just one meter. People have some very nice combos for Iron Man at the SRK forums which I have been trying to do and get down. The new BnB builds like 1.5-1.8 meter solo and with an assist goes upto 2 meter meaning Iron man starting with 1 bar can combo into LVL3 hyper, very similar to Magneto and Dante.

Tony Stark approves, now he can finally mack on the ladies in MVC3 with his top tier combos.

Also Iron man can combo after his LVL3 with dash up smart bombs Proton Cannon but now most people won't even survive a full combo into LVL3.

I have been using Wolverine/Iron Man/Akuma and it's a really fucking solid team. I think I can do that assist combo in the video only replacing Dark Hole with Tatsu kick. Akuma Tatsu does well for Iron man's getting in and doing tri-jumps. Also have him on my Dormammu/Wesker/Iron man team after being inspired by MasterCJ (replace Mags with Iron Man).

I am thinking of another team in the lab using Iron Man but it's a keep away team and uses Iron Man's very good Repulsor Blast assist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Exactly why I think Viscant needs to step his Iron Man game up, as much as he doesn't feel it's necessary. He did admit his own Iron Man sucks, but I'll be damned if this isn't, as you say, the future of Iron Man combos and both of them could learn a thing or two from. You can bet Flash will look to integrate some of the tricks from this video into his Iron Man, which won't be super difficult because he's got solid fly/unfly, relaunch and aerial smart-bomb-into-combo combos already, the ingredients are there. There is no ceiling on improvement for those guys.

I ask though, is it possible to combo out of Repulsor Blast? Usually it's just used as a setup for Proton Cannon/Iron Avenger, but I'm wondering if you could actually go into s. H cr. M>S or something. Would be cool if the intended defensive attack also worked to punish jump-ins.

I was practicing that LVL3 into LVL1 today and its a lot of meter for not much damage, you must REALLY want someone dead to go spend that, despite the meter you build in the process, your still at a massive deficit. I run Dorm/Iron Man/Skrull, but I usually keep the Purification assist, since it's hella useful for keeping people off of you. I considered switching to Dark Hole though, cause I already use the AA assist from Skrull.

enzo_gt said:
Exactly why I think Viscant needs to step his Iron Man game up, as much as he doesn't feel it's necessary. He did admit his own Iron Man sucks, but I'll be damned if this isn't, as you say, the future of Iron Man combos and both of them could learn a thing or two from. You can bet Flash will look to integrate some of the tricks from this video into his Iron Man, which won't be super difficult because he's got solid fly/unfly, relaunch and aerial smart-bomb-into-combo combos already, the ingredients are there. There is no ceiling on improvement for those guys.

I ask though, is it possible to combo out of Repulsor Blast? Usually it's just used as a setup for Proton Cannon/Iron Avenger, but I'm wondering if you could actually go into s. H cr. M>S or something. Would be cool if the intended defensive attack also worked to punish jump-ins.

I was practicing that LVL3 into LVL1 today and its a lot of meter for not much damage, you must REALLY want someone dead to go spend that, despite the meter you build in the process, your still at a massive deficit. I run Dorm/Iron Man/Skrull, but I usually keep the Purification assist, since it's hella useful for keeping people off of you. I considered switching to Dark Hole though, cause I already use the AA assist from Skrull.

Pretty sure comboing out of Repulsor Blast is in one of the mission mode challenges. Spread usually knocks them too far though.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
It seems as people figure out characters, 6-700k is the new meterless ceiling for BnBs.
Meterless? Those combos end with a Proton Cannon so they use up one meter.

But I am guessing you mean self sufficient BnB meterless combos (in which they build the meter required to perform the hyper) in which case you are right. 600k-700K is where you want to be.

With assists you want to be touching the 800K mark. With 2 hypers you should be doing 900K+ damage or more (DHC glitch). With LVL3 you should be able to kill Thor.

Only characters that I have seen do low damage with solo BnBs are Chun Li, Morrigan, Arthur and Hsien Ko. These guys need assist to do heavy damage and Morrigan has the additional benefit of doing monstrous things with Astral Vision.

No one on the Marvel side has trouble doing over 600K damage in a combo. Also it's really surprising how high damaging Spencer is.

It's one of his missions in fact. You have to link Repulsor Blast into cr.M, st.H. S. But the timings on the cr.M is STRICT and it's one of the most difficult "early" missions in Mission mode.

Avenger into Smart Bombs xx Proton Cannon is for the SWAG. And switch to Dark Hole, it's overall better than Purification.

I would say the only bad thing about countering Berserker Slash with Wesker or Task is the possibility that you might get crossed up and get the wrong super or move if Wolverine does it mid to close range.

By the way, is anybody using non-popular assists on good assist characters? I'm doing lab work with my Wolvy/Tron/Wesker team and I'm using Wesker's Jaguar Kick for safe pressure and combo extensions.

Dahbomb

Tron's Drill rush assist isn't bad

Chun Li's Up kicks are good

Sentinel's other drones assist is good for a zoning team

Task's other direction arrows are nice if you need the air coverage

Dorm's Liberation assists for the SWAG

By the way, is anybody using non-popular assists on good assist characters? I'm doing lab work with my Wolvy/Tron/Wesker team and I'm using Wesker's Jaguar Kick for safe pressure and combo extensions.
I use Amaterasu's Bloom instead of Cold Stars for Trish/Ammy/Dormammu.

sonicspear64 said:
I try to use Hsien and fail miserably against people that don't suck.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ran into a guy in player match using Spencer/Wesker/Doom. He had this really annoying setup where he'd call Doom who was on beam assist and use Spencer's Wire Pull in the air going forward. Every time I tried to call an assist his doom would just blow it up. I thought the best thing to do would be to grab Spencer which only worked about half the time. The times I didn't try and grab would result in me eating chip from Doom and the usually an overhead for Spencer. Is the only thing I could of done is grab? What could I have done?

Also for reference I was using Wolverine/Akuma/Sent

JeTmAn81

Dahbomb said:
Yeah man that buffer on the Stinger (which is f+H) definitely carries over through the bold cancel. Which is why doing the Volcano after it is easier, you are basically just inputting d, d/f after it. Try doing half circle.

Is it possible to hit f+H+S and do the Stinger and Bold Move at the same time before moving on to the requisite Volcano motions, or do you have to do them separately, i.e. f+H, then S+ATK, then SRK+M?

LakeEarth

A Pretty Panda said:
Ran into a guy in player match using Spencer/Wesker/Doom. He had this really annoying setup where he'd call Doom who was on beam assist and use Spencer's Wire Pull in the air going forward. Every time I tried to call an assist his doom would just blow it up. I thought the best thing to do would be to grab Spencer which only worked about half the time. The times I didn't try and grab would result in me eating chip from Doom and the usually an overhead for Spencer. Is the only thing I could of done is grab? What could I have done?

Also for reference I was using Wolverine/Akuma/Sent
That's my team! Wasn't me though, I just got back from vacation, but I like someone agrees with my team and ordering. I don't know how to help your problem. Most people just block high.

Best part about my team is that when Spencer and Wesker get switched, a single hit with Wesker can kill with a general combo, otg with beam to allow for another general combo, otg into armor piercer -> level 3.

Neki

Tron + Sentinel can kill any character in the game with 2 bars, so good, lol. I also have a touch of death combo off of an Ammy throw, so ridiculous.

Masamuna

JeTmAn81 said:
Is it possible to hit f+H+S and do the Stinger and Bold Move at the same time before moving on to the requisite Volcano motions, or do you have to do them separately, i.e. f+H, then S+ATK, then SRK+M?

Just input f+H~ATK+S then the special of your choice. Its the easiest way. During combos in the corner though (cold shower xx stinger xx million carrots) you have the delay the bold cancel a tiny bit because doing it too early will cause you to cross under and reverse your inputs (so instead of carrots you'd get revolver/ice spin thing).

That recent japanese combo vid gave me a decent idea for 500k-ish meterless damage off of hammer/j.S with no assist. Anybody know the most optimal damage off of killer bee?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Main team is currently Mags/Trish/Tron. Been rocking Tron since before I even knew she was any good...but she's not that great as an anchor and I kinda dislike using characters just for their assist. So what other assists are similar in application (though not as affective, obviously) to gustav fire? Kinda thinking about swapping in Dorm for dark hole.

Ultimoo said:
@Prototype: Your X-23 is probably your best character, if you beat my Ammy before I killed you, you basically won the match. When you switched to Ammy, you have to use the whip to zone out Tron and Sentinel, can't do much against that, lol. The double tron assist spam was funny though. Also, why don't you call deadpool assist after an X-23 combo? Instead of using Ankle Slice, you call the assist, fully charge Neck Slice, and then you can either combo into Weapon X Prime for a DHC glitch, or relaunch for more damage. Try it out sometime. :p

Yeah, X-23 is definitely my best. When I saw the trailers, I literally went "I have no idea who X-23 is but she's definitely my type of character" and I was pretty much right. She's the one who hasn't left my cast aside from my viper team. I actually just came up with X-23/Ammy/Deadpool team on the fly. I haven't found a good team and I think this is the one that fits me the best (took ironman out for ammy), so thanks for the input.

The only thing is that BBCS2 patch just came out today and it looks like I'll be taking a leave from MvC3 for a bit... I'm actually not sure if I'll come back to it. I might if they end up fixing the netcode (or at least not as laggy).

edit: Forgot to comment about your Tron. It was pretty rage inducing once you started your touch of death combo but it was pretty predictable after I got used to it. She became less of a problem once I was able to keep her out.

God's Beard said:
It seems as people figure out characters, 6-700k is the new meterless ceiling for BnBs.
Without meter I doubt I break 600k with Zero. What's his meterless BnB?

paul187 said:
Anyone up for some games? GT - paul187
How good are you? I don't learn much if all I do is get comboed for the whole match.

vg260

Having so little gaming time sucks. I finally cleared all the trials. I was doing that before learning a team and going online w/ randoms. I was hoping a team would jump out at me, but I'm still unsure. Went online yesterday, and good lord, am I ever terrible. Probably because I still don't know all the characters' moves, Bnb, combos, etc. Not to mention my hands go into spaz-mode in a real match. But still, it was real discouraging.

I might have stood a chance day one w/ friends, but it seems now unless I learn the ins and outs of a particular team, there's no point going online because it's gonna be a brutal mismatch. Kinda why I gave up on Blazblue. Starting behind the curve is a motivation-killer.

Maybe I'm destined to play arcade mode in fighting games for the rest of my life. Think I'm gonna put this down and do the MK solo story and challenge tower.

Anyone else here super-terrible?

Grecco

Parallax Scroll said:
Without meter I doubt I break 600k with Zero. What's his meterless BnB?

How good are you? I don't learn much if all I do is get comboed for the whole match.

With 3 loops of L-M-H-Shippuga, i think you can get to 600k. Not very feasable in a match though.

Grecco said:
With 3 loops of L-M-H-Shippuga, i think you can get to 600k. Not very feasable in a match though.
Yeah, I've done 3 ground loops + air combo + Buster + relaunch and another air combo + rekkoha in practice mode lots of times. Never in a match though.

One ground chain into launcher, buster, relaunch? Now that I can do online.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Almost ready...

7ZbuC.jpg

paul187

Parallax Scroll said:

LOL I think I'm pretty scrubby, but I don't know where you're level is. I'm better than avg I'd say.

Neki

Prototype-03 said:
Yeah, X-23 is definitely my best. When I saw the trailers, I literally went "I have no idea who X-23 is but she's definitely my type of character" and I was pretty much right. She's the one who hasn't left my cast aside from my viper team. I actually just came up with X-23/Ammy/Deadpool team on the fly. I haven't found a good team and I think this is the one that fits me the best (took ironman out for ammy), so thanks for the input.

The only thing is that BBCS2 patch just came out today and it looks like I'll be taking a leave from MvC3 for a bit... I'm actually not sure if I'll come back to it. I might if they end up fixing the netcode (or at least not as laggy).

edit: Forgot to comment about your Tron. It was pretty rage inducing once you started your touch of death combo but it was pretty predictable after I got used to it. She became less of a problem once I was able to keep her out.

all good trons use j.H, all bad trons use j.H. ;)

it's so funny, ammy probably has good match ups against most of the cast, just learned Ammy rapes Doom. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom