• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lost Fragment said:
OT but I wonder why SRK always brings their main site down for days on end whenever they do upgrades.

Test server, dudes.

35l9dut.png

Alucrid

Banned
JeTmAn81 said:
I make all my choices based on Gootecks' t-shirt advertising. I am now a fan of Death From Above 1979!

When he had that shirt I could have kissed that man. In a straightly, bro fashion.

Could anyone give me advice on my team?

Right now it's Wolvie/Task/Wasker.

Wolvie DHCs in to Task easily enough. Back spasms after his bnb into Task's vertical super. Task has a bit harder time DHCing into Wolvie except in the corner. Wesker is great because it gives Wolvie a OTG assist after an air throw for example, Task helps cover him with horz arrows assist. Task gets Weskers low for after his super counter which is nice and has Wolvie's beserker slash which doesn't get used that often. I'd say that I'm best with Task and okay with Wolvie, so that's a plus since when he dies I can somewhat hold my own with Task. I was thinking about picking up possibly Akuma as an anchor simply because it adds a bit more for DHCing. Then again I do like Wesker, so I was thinking maybe trying out a new point character, I just don't know which. Any suggestions?

Dahbomb

i was trolling though. Arthur has mad comeback potential, more so than a lot of characters. That LVL3 (IMO top 3 LVL3 in the game), homing projectiles in Gold mode and general increased speed plus insane chip makes him a great anchor. Basically you pop X Factor LVL3 and Gold armor around the same time which makes you pretty godlike and if they popped their X Factor early it's a GG.

Alucrid said:
(c)L (c)M (c)H 4H S L M H 6H M H S jump qcfH xx qcfMH

You've learned Taskmaster.
Oh I get it, like in the comics

Also, using L in an air combo? Really?

Yeah, so far I can't make it work with L. I usually drop it but so far I've got this:

cr.LMH b+H S ^ MMH f+H MHS jump QCF+BC or AC depending on location

I think I'll just do launcher, MMHS, OTG arrow super till I get used to that.

Dahbomb

You don't need the L in the combos.

And you should be doing a couple of spidey swings in the combo to add extra juice. Generally just do a spidey swing, MM, spidey swing etc. It's really easy to do, I don't know why you wouldn't be adding spidey swings in a combo to get that extra damage. You can even do the spidey swings before launching the opponent, check some of the Mission mode stuff to get an idea.

Taskmaster is top 3 easiest characters to play with in MVC3.

Dahbomb said:
You don't need the L in the combos.

And you should be doing a couple of spidey swings in the combo to add extra juice. Generally just do a spidey swing, MM, spidey swing etc. It's really easy to do, I don't know why you wouldn't be adding spidey swings in a combo to get that extra damage. You can even do the spidey swings before launching the opponent, check some of the Mission mode stuff to get an idea.

Taskmaster is top 3 easiest characters to play with in MVC3.
I thought you could only do spidey swing once in the air?

I did some of his missions but I'm not a fan of mission mode. Right now I'm more interested in how to use Task effectively than how to do giant combos with him.

Dahbomb

Seriously those spidey swing combos are easy as hell. It's a main part of Taskmaster because the rest of the game is just going to be spamming arrows all over the place. Then you learn to combo MH Legion hyper arrows after air throws. If you have a grasp of which buttons perform which angle of hyper arrows, you have learned 40% of Taskmaster.

Shield charge and launcher are punishable so don't use those unless you can hit confirm into them. Shield charge adds extra range after the dash for high range punishes, plus it has nice priority. Taskmaster has excellent normals, a great wave dash and high damaging arrow spamming. His j.H is also excellent and easily links into his air hypers or OS air throw into down arrow hyper. Always try to end his combos in the down arrows when the opponent is OTG for maximum damage.

No one counters with Taskmaster, it's a high risk/low reward situation in this game. Unblockable setups require particular assists and it's only really useful against Phoenix (lock her down with an assist and use unblockable). 90% of your game is going to come from his normal, QCF arrows and hypers. Everything he does is high damaging and he himself is a high health character.

Only reason why Taskmaster isn't top 5 is because he has low mobility compared to the top 5.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
Seriously those spidey swing combos are easy as hell. It's a main part of Taskmaster because the rest of the game is just going to be spamming arrows all over the place. Then you learn to combo MH Legion hyper arrows after air throws. If you have a grasp of which buttons perform which angle of hyper arrows, you have learned 40% of Taskmaster.

Shield charge and launcher are punishable so don't use those unless you can hit confirm into them. Shield charge adds extra range after the dash for high range punishes, plus it has nice priority. Taskmaster has excellent normals, a great wave dash and high damaging arrow spamming. His j.H is also excellent and easily links into his air hypers or OS air throw into down arrow hyper. Always try to end his combos in the down arrows when the opponent is OTG for maximum damage.

No one counters with Taskmaster, it's a high risk/low reward situation in this game. Unblockable setups require particular assists and it's only really useful against Phoenix (lock her down with an assist and use unblockable). 90% of your game is going to come from his normal, QCF arrows and hypers. Everything he does is high damaging and he himself is a high health character.

Only reason why Taskmaster isn't top 5 is because he has low mobility compared to the top 5.
only use shield charge and launcher at will if you have haggar. fighters always go to punish taskmaster when the charge fails and i immediately call in haggars assist and usually get the players trying to hit me and then i proceed to launch them and get my usual combo and special in.

Razor210

Dahbomb said:

Second reason - if you jump and do arrows in the air, you can't block the entire way down. Though nobody really tries to punish that for some reason...

JeTmAn81

I actually have a lot of trouble getting the ground Mighty Swings in before the launcher. For the combo string I know, I'm fine up to the second Mighty Swing at which point I'm trying to do M then S to knock them back towards the ground where I can pick them up with an H, then Shield Charge and finally launch for the rest of the combo.

Most of the time they will land after the S before I can hit them with the rest of the combo into launcher. If I knock my opponent absolutely as high as possible with the ground Mighty Swing strings then I can hit them on the way down, but the timing on that seems really precise and I miss it most of the time.

Is there anything that will make this easier? I'd really like to include this stuff as part of my game. Most of the time I just go Shield Charge into launcher.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ive caught some folks with : Shield Charge xx Guard Master.

Razor210

JeTmAn81 said:
Also, Shield Charge is mostly safe as long as you follow up with Legion Arrow, which will push them back.
That's pretty safe - the timing for that is that you fire the arrows pretty much right after Shield Charge hits, or there's a small window that they can punish. And Taskmaster arrows do a ridiculous amount of chip damage anyways, so its still good damage :D

Neki

Razor210 said:
Second reason - if you jump and do arrows in the air, you can't block the entire way down. Though nobody really tries to punish that for some reason...
because the arrows have insane priority/damage and you can usually hyper cancel after shooting arrows, can't you?

Alucrid

Banned
You can only do one in the air, but you can do one off the ground, one in the air, then launch them with S and do one in the air for a total of three. You can get tricky and add more in but this is probably the easiest of them all. You can also just end the second swing with a super, but eh, I find that lazy and if I were just going to do that I'd rather do a lmh s air combo than just the swings.

Ultimoo said:
because the arrows have insane priority/damage and you can usually hyper cancel after shooting arrows, can't you?

Yeah. If they hit, great damage, if they don't, decent chip. You can also super after jumping, hitting them with diagonal arrows, then do a LM super on the ground.

Standing M is a pretty good poke with a lot of distance and jumping H has godly priority.

JeTmAn81 said:
I actually have a lot of trouble getting the ground Mighty Swings in before the launcher. For the combo string I know, I'm fine up to the second Mighty Swing at which point I'm trying to do M then S to knock them back towards the ground where I can pick them up with an H, then Shield Charge and finally launch for the rest of the combo.

Most of the time they will land after the S before I can hit them with the rest of the combo into launcher. If I knock my opponent absolutely as high as possible with the ground Mighty Swing strings then I can hit them on the way down, but the timing on that seems really precise and I miss it most of the time.

Is there anything that will make this easier? I'd really like to include this stuff as part of my game. Most of the time I just go Shield Charge into launcher.
I'm having the same problem at the moment, although I do MMS after the second swing and then MH b+H on the ground.

Edit: I'm having an easier time if I go straight into shield charge when I land.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Dahbomb said:
i was trolling though. Arthur has mad comeback potential, more so than a lot of characters. That LVL3 (IMO top 3 LVL3 in the game), homing projectiles in Gold mode and general increased speed plus insane chip makes him a great anchor. Basically you pop X Factor LVL3 and Gold armor around the same time which makes you pretty godlike and if they popped their X Factor early it's a GG.

Arthur can be good, but some characters just ignore zoning. Try to zone out x23... its going to be a hell of an uphill battle!

smurfx

get some go again
DarkoMaledictus said:
Arthur can be good, but some characters just ignore zoning. Try to zone out x23... its going to be a hell of an uphill battle!
i actually have a pretty easy time zoning out x23. zero's double handengekis get her if she is trying to rush in and if she tries to get in through the top i just call haggars double lariat assist and that usually gets her. by this time she probably has pretty low health so i take her out with out much problems.

Neki

smurfx said:
i actually have a pretty easy time zoning out x23. zero's double handengekis get her if she is trying to rush in and if she tries to get in through the top i just call haggars double lariat assist and that usually gets her. by this time she probably has pretty low health so i take her out with out much problems.
it sounds like you rely on haggar's assist too much to bail you out. you're going to get blown up bad one of these days. :p

Chavelo

Parallax Scroll said:
OK with Task I have this now:

cr.LMH f+H j.MM f+H j.MMS v b+H S ^ sj.MM f+H sj.MMS, jump, super

Yep, that's his run of the mill bnb combo... Pretty fun to practice with... The real fun part comes from deviating from that combo, tho.

AIM LIKE HAWKEYE!

Thanks to TASKMASTER, I got my first rage mail! Zoning dem bitches. :3

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
it sounds like you rely on haggar's assist too much to bail you out. you're going to get blown up bad one of these days. :p
i can still fight without him. :p going to have to take a week off of mvc 3 though. stupid control d-pad is screwed up. just bought another one on amazon. got the viper ssf4 control.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Waikis said:
I just got bodied by a spidey/ryu/doom : (. I cant seem to catch spidey...

Hey sorry for the random question but are you by chance waikipedia on my xbl friends list that I played with for ages late last night?

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Waikis said:
lol yep thats me : p, it seems like there are only 5 aussie players playing mvc3 on xblive .

Haha that's awesome, your ammy and tron shenanigans always mess me up. I've played that spidey player alot, he uses that 100% reset with the web throw super. I always seem to catch him when he lands as he often mashes out crouching light.

Waikis

Nedjoe said:
Haha that's awesome, your ammy and tron shenanigans always mess me up. I've played that spidey player alot, he uses that 100% reset with the web throw super. I always seem to catch him when he lands as he often mashes out crouching light.

Everytime I thought I'm gonna win, your XF always blew me up : s.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
Who pairs well with Sentinel/Dante, preferably acting as the anchor, I don't think Dante makes a great one.
wolverine can be very annoying when paired with sentinel drones assist.

Neki

Wesker is an interesting one. I'm not feeling his play style really, but maybe I'll get used to it. Only thing that sucks is that his OTG assist would be useless on the team, maybe I'll run one of the other two, hm.

Neki

paul187 said:
I say Dante is a great anchor. He can create his own setups and doesn't really need assists to keep his combos going.
He doesn't need assists to extend his combos, but he definitely needs assist to open people up. Teleport is a little too predictable and unsafe without proper assist usage. Tron assist would make his attacks very safe and blow up most assists, drones/beams make his teleport safe and let him do some easier cross-ups, any low hit assist lets him set up unblockables with teleport and jump ins (Josh Wong uses Felicia for this I think). I just don't see him as a great anchor. D:

Akuma sounds okay, I might try that. I'd probably name my team Purple Lightning if I managed to get that off. Akuma with XF3 and meter does insane chip and is just lame, spamming tatsus everywhere, should be fun. His assist is also godlike.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:
http://i53.tinypic.com/35l9dut.png

Yeah I saw that on my twitter feed this morning.

Just saying that they could avoid having to bring their entire site down for days if they tightened all the bolts on a private test server instead of the public one. I'm sure they've thought of that and have reasons for not doing so, but it's still pretty unusual.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
I said preferably an anchor. I also don't want to jump on the Wolverine bandwagon. oh yeah.

I'm gonna throw my hat in and suggest Spencer for your anchor. He's great with meter and has excellent comeback factor. His armor Piercer will add a wall bounce to your combos, he has some nice overheads and he can be a real asshole in the right hands.

If not him then perhaps someone else with a useful assist like She Hulk for torpedo extensions, Dr. Doom for Hidden Missile lockdown (probably pointless with Dante on this team), or you could say fuck it and go with Morrigan for Dark Harmonizer meter build. She's pretty scary with meter and X-Factor lvl 3 equals bullet hell + wombo combo antics.

Considering you have Sent and Dante I'm betting you got Jam Session and Drones for assist and both are sweet. I know Jam Session works really well to help keep Sentinel safe. All I can come up with is that you could use a wall bounce character and that's either Jill or Spencer in my book given how fun each are to use to round out teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom