• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
haunts said:

Robbie Coltrane as Aris

1hwlg1.jpg

Morris

Disco Devil
Yeah, I've pretty much given up on playing this game online.

It's absolutely enraging going into training mode and doing complicated combos with an ease, and then going online and not be able to do the simplest shit...

I just can't get back to this game now, not after playing with the Arcsys netcode...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
It's hard for me to play online because for some reason my router only picks up my ps3 about 1 or 2 days out of the week, and drops it randomly. So most of the time I don't even check to see if it's working.

Connect the wire directly, besides don't bother with wireless...

Dahbomb

paul187 said:
What's a good counter for Doom dive kicks as Dante.
Use Hammer. It completely snuffs out all dive kicks.

Also I have been trying to do that Dante infinite posted a few pages back but I can't do it (at least non-X Factor, it's easily done in X Factor). I can do it a few times then it drops. I am 100% sure if that infinite is even possible to do that he was doing on a turbo controller because this shit is insanity. Either that or the guy was using an older patch and this infinite has been fixed.

Whatever the case, no one is going to be seeing that infinite at a high level game ever. It's either patched out or damn near impossible on a normal controller/stick set up. Plus it gives your opponent a full 5 meter even if you drop it somewhere along the line.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
So stupid that SRK removed the stream thing just so they could add more invasive ads to the site, really hope the stream list comes back soon.

Oh well back to checking gfbnews for stream news (though nowhere near as detailed as old srk stream thing)

http://twitter.com/#!/gfbnews

Posted at IPW by Justin Jodoin:
Chris Hu as Justin Wong
Marlin Brando as Sp00ky
Crispin Glover as Haunts
Mandy Moore 2004 Short Hair as Ricky Ortiz<3
Cesar Millan as Arturo Sanchez
Johnathan Ke Quan as JS Master

I lmao at Chris Hu as Justin Wong. Marlin Brando as Spooky is hilarious too.

I'd like to add
PeeWee Herman as Viscant
Seth Rogen as SKill
Muhammed Ali as Combofiend

Well, I know I spend all this time trying to scheme out a perfect strategy, and I really do think that Magneto/Doom/Amaterasu is about as top tier and flexible as it gets, I feel a little bit like I'm fighting against myself. Sure, I can do a kill combo that leaves me with 2 more bars than I started with, and I have all sorts of cool setups, but I knew long before I made this team that it wasn't my play style. The reason I never used Magneto until a month ago is because I knew that even if I have the execution to do his 760k meterless combos and have tricks other people don't, it would always be an uphill battle against people who are best with Magneto naturally.

I think I'll grind out this team for another week, and if that doesn't change, I'll go back to focusing on my secret team, Viewtiful Joe/MODOK/Felicia. Because it's a team where the majority of the technology is something I made up, I think I'll be more comfortable. Worst comes to worst, I'll just make up a team of characters that I'm better suited to without worrying too much about being perfectly set up, like Dormammu/Wesker/Doom or C.Viper/Shuma/Chun.

Neki

Man I think any rushdown character with Tron/Sentinel is awesome. I think I'll train Wesker while using them, oh yeah, jumping on that Wesker Bandwagon! Or maybe I'll just go Wesker/Wolverine/Akuma, oh yeah.

edit: actually Tron/Sentinel wouldn't work well with Wesker because he needs some assists to help him combo off his OTG. Probably Wesker/Tron/Akuma. ;o

kirblar

I love Timothy's Haggar team. He's completely aware that Haggar is the nut low on Anchor and will do everything he can to avoid it.

edit: Except when his opponent has Tron on Anchor, which is completely understandable. :)

Watching Spooky house stream and Arturo and some other guys are putting recent games on blast. I know you got to keep playing the recent stuff to stay on top of your game to win tournies but I wish on occasion you'd see older games these guys profess are way superior on streams. Seeing Floe and JWong playing KOF98UM from PowerUp was awesome for example.

Something else random, while these guys are hella drunk their is some mad Garou hate. I'm just a scrub but myself and my friends always loved that game, it's the first I've heard smack talk about it.

Final random: I'd love for SRK or IPlayWinner (or whoever) to interview top players on their favorite games and why they love them, what makes them better than the others out there.

smurfx

get some go again
damn i'm already having mvc3 withdrawals. can't wait till my ssf4 control arrives in the mail. the viper control is much better looking than the t hawk ssf4 control too.

smurfx

get some go again
his berserker barrage special probably has a similar hit box. don't know how in the hell i sometimes get caught in it.

fighter: haha wolverine i'm safely up in the air and you can't get me!
wolverine: we'll see about that.

playing magneto online is pretty much impossible. lmao
Nah, you just have to play him EMP Remix style.

God's Beard's casting is fabulous.

I just can't get back to this game now, not after playing with the Arcsys netcode...
I actually spend most of my time playing BlazBlue now, just because Marvel is too depressing. Plus, I started Final Fantasy Tactics on Sunday. I do love Marvel, but it has too many things wrong with it to not be more of an irritation than a method of relaxation when I want to play it.

SRK doesn't have a today's stream thing anymore? :(
More mind-boggling: SRK now has a trophy system. Ugh.

That Wolverine image must spread.

jdub03

Besides the pauses, this is what I've been looking for. It's a cornucopia of magneto combo tutorials bunched into one. Until now I just resigned myself to doing his mh fly combos. I think I'll be able to get the timing right after watching this video.

Edit: Nice! They have the stair case combo. I always use up down exchange to magneto after a wesker bnb. This will increase my damage if I can get the timing to the hyper grav loop.

Alucrid

Banned
jdub03 said:
Besides the pauses, this is the video is what I was looking for. It's a cornucopia of magneto combo tutorials bunched into one. Until now I just resigned myself to doing his mh fly combos. I think I'll be able to get the timing right after watching this video.

I never play mags but I always have wondered how those combos are done. Lab time?

Dahbomb

Magneto MVC3 combos are much easier than MVC2 Magneto combos and Iron Man MVC3/MVC2 combos. They always look harder than they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom