• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Wow after months of searching for a team I feel good with all three characters I finally found my niche! X23, Zero and Taskmaster :). Have to love zero's and X-23 reset potential lol! ;)

Call me crazy but I prefer X-23 to wolverine, the speed and the rush down potential is crazy!

smurfx

get some go again
played my first good joe and jill. holy crap i got blown up. these two characters work really well together and joe's slow special is a bastard and he can do a dhc trick too.

Dahbomb

smurfx said:
played my first good joe and jill. holy crap i got blown up. these two characters work really well together and joe's slow special is a bastard and he can do a dhc trick too.
You sure it wasn't FlashMetroid playing?

And was he using the bomb assist for VJ?

Any tips for being in the right position for acid rain after prop shredder?
It's not really the positioning but you need to do an extra motion for the Acid Rain to connect after Pop Shredder. QCF, Up/Forward + L ~ QCF+L (then just do the regular motion for Acid Rain after the initial one).

Dahbomb

She would die if it connected. But with those feathers flying around and acting like projectiles, you will rarely be able to pull it off.

Waikis

_dementia said:
damn, talk about overkill
how much damage does that do?

About 800k I think.(with XF)

Btw, I'm thinking of replacing x-23 in my Ammy/x-23/Tron team. My main problem with her is my inability to poke and create openings leading to her BnBs. I can do the mixups, launch, then talon dive and otg into hyper but its not doing enough damage. And pulling off mirage cancel feint combos in a real match is really hard.

What's a suitable replacement for my team? I need someone with an otg assists to continue my ammy and tron combos.

Dahbomb

I think X-23 can relaunch with Tron assist? Or at least set up her cinematic hyper and end with a DHC glitch with Tron. Either way, X-23 has some high damage potential and at #2 she gets the "buy one get one free" option with Silent Kill + X Factor.

You can use Talon Dive and d+H to get in to start combos with and she has many other ways of getting in especially if backed up by something like Ammy/Tron. Plus her mix ups are deadly. Almost all her moves are plus on block especially her charged Ankle Slice which can be used to frame trap.

About her buy one get one free thing, build some meter with Ammy and tag in X-23. When they are down to 2 characters, get that character into a combo and then X Factor for the kill (don't use meter). When that character dies, do LVL3 Silent Kill on incoming character and OTG relaunch (using assist) for the kill.

She is an advance characters, much more advance than Wolverine. PR Balrog basically uses your team but instead of X-23 he has Wolverine in there. You can try that if you want but if I were you I would stick with X-23 because she has more synergy with Tron I feel. You should watch some 10Stars play, even though he uses Dante instead of Ammy on point.

If you want the OTG assist for Ammy/Tron, then you want She Hulk on your team and re-arrange the team order a bit.

Grecco

Waikis said:
About 800k I think.(with XF)

Btw, I'm thinking of replacing x-23 in my Ammy/x-23/Tron team. My main problem with her is my inability to poke and create openings leading to her BnBs. I can do the mixups, launch, then talon dive and otg into hyper but its not doing enough damage. And pulling off mirage cancel feint combos in a real match is really hard.

What's a suitable replacement for my team? I need someone with an otg assists to continue my ammy and tron combos.

Wolverine.

Took forever to find this thread for some reason.

Anyways, working on my last achievement for this game (320 missions). I'm at 70% right now, so 238...still a bit of a mountain to climb.

Once I get this done I'll probably be selling the game, for a variety of reasons. One is things like this:

http://combovid.com/?p=5112

But I'm glad some people are able to have fun with this one.

Dahbomb

Why not just sell the game now if a corner infinite that takes an hour to kill the opponent bothers you?

What's funny is that an infinite like that will probably get patched real soon (Capcom hates those infinites) but there isn't going to be any patches for the abundant touch of death combos out there. Aside from building meter, there really isn't much use for infinites in this game because it's much easier to just kill the character.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
You sure it wasn't FlashMetroid playing?

And was he using the bomb assist for VJ?
yeah the guy used the bomb assist as an otg. don't remember if it was flashmetroid. i think it was an 2nd lord or 1st lord. i beat his first team quite easily 4-1 and then he switched to his joe and jill team and then the tables got turned.

Waikis said:
caught a teleporting dark phoenix with XF tron lvl3 special, so delicious.
i once beat a cosmic lord by grabbing his dark phoenix as she was coming in with an x factored haggar level 3. blew her up good.

Dahbomb

Most pros don't actually use their real names online. Also if he had Iron Man last it probably WAS FlashMetroid (although doubtful, it is VERY rare to see that Jill/Joe set up).

Kimosabae

Banned
I'm sticking with Iron Man on point. It's stupid, but I'm determined to make it work somehow.

REALLY wish there was an option to have 1v1s so I'm not always forced to play different characters in matches.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
Most pros don't actually use their real names online. Also if he had Iron Man last it probably WAS FlashMetroid (although doubtful, it is VERY rare to see that Jill/Joe set up).
i think he had tron last.

Dahbomb

Flash plays with Tron too. His older teams were a combination of like VJ/Morrigan/Tron.

I'm sticking with Iron Man on point. It's stupid, but I'm determined to make it work somehow.
I was thinking that too but too many characters get a big boost from the Unibeam. I think Drones assist with Iron Man could be godlike and put Iron Man on his Repulsor Blast assist for Sentinel. It's on my stuff to do list.

Dahbomb

Try to catch people in it and just use Sentinel's big ass launcher hit box to connect with it or just frying pan if I am in the air.

Not many characters can make use of the Repulsor Blast as good as Sentinel can. Overall though Unibeam is better but it scales too much.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dropping Sent for Wesker so I am running Mangeto/Wesker/Akuma now.. I tried for sooo long to be godlike with Sentinel but it's just too hard .. Magneto/Wesker is so nasty on so many levels.

Dahbomb

haunts said:
Dropping Sent for Wesker so I am running Magneto/Wesker/Akuma now.. I tried for sooo long to be godlike with Sentinel but it's just too hard .. Magneto/Wesker is so nasty on so many levels.
Team EMP IFC Yipes.

Priority on normal moves is generally understood to be hit box vs hurt box. How much you can extend your move's hit box while reducing your hurt box for that particular move vs other moves. So when people say "that move has insane priority" they basically mean that the move in question has a very good hit box while reducing the character's own hit box or possibly even giving invulnerable frames. The prime example in MVC3 would be Tron's Gustaff Flame. It is NOT invulnerable but it reduces the hit box of Tron so much that it's almost impossible to hit her out of it.

Oryan

zero / hulk / spencer isn't cutting it anymore for me… I keep losing to projectile/keep away teams… Whos the best character against keep away teams?

Oryan said:
zero / hulk / spencer isn't cutting it anymore for me… I keep losing to projectile/keep away teams… Whos the best character against keep away teams?
I'm interested in this question too... I keep getting fucked up by Deadpool keepaway.

LakeEarth

I do love Spencer for keep away teams EXCEPT Taskmaster cause of his counter super stops bionic arm. Someone with a teleport is never a bad thing.

smurfx

get some go again
Oryan said:
use taskmaster against keep away teams. give your zero the handangeki assist then give him sougenmu during the match and put him away as an assist. spam his double handangeki and hunt down the keep away guys with your arrows. i usually play keep away but when somebody tries to play the same game i destroy them with taskmaster. nobody out keepaways me!

Dahbomb

You don't have a lock down/spacing assist to keep them in check so you can do your mix ups. Also Spencer's Bionic Arm gets the job done against keep away teams. Zero does well against keep away too. Your problem is the lack of a proper assist to help those characters get in.

As far as best character against keep away goes... Ryu is one of the best. I am not kidding. Most keep away teams (as in scrubbish keep away teams) usually involve the main character spamming projectiles and calling assists. One hyper of Ryu connecting both of those characters into X Factor another beam is two characters dead instantly. They can't keep away with their last character.

And Zero is solid against keep away teams but you have to always be charging that Buster. Just fully charged Mega Buster from the air into L Raikousen for a combo. You might even tag 2 characters with this. Of course his LVL3 gets the job done but if you are going for the LVL3, it needs to be a sure thing and you should X Factor it to confirm a kill or two.

Generally speaking, almost every character in the game is good against keep away teams because this game is more rushdown friendly than keep away friendly. If your character has a teleport, fast wave dash, air mobility (8 way air dash, tri-jumps, air swings) or invincible moves then you should not be having trouble against keep away teams. The rest of the characters are generally keep away characters themselves so they generally excel at projectile wars anyway. The exception of characters having trouble with keep away are Hulk, Haggar, Tron, Sentinel. Their huge hittable boxes make them a pain to get in with along with their poor mobility. Sentinel gets beaten by any character's projectile who can shoot down at him because he has no anti-air move to him.

Jill Combo Video

smurfx said:
use taskmaster against keep away teams. give your zero the handangeki assist then give him sougenmu during the match and put him away as an assist. spam his double handangeki and hunt down the keep away guys with your arrows. i usually play keep away but when somebody tries to play the same game i destroy them with taskmaster. nobody out keepaways me!
Does that work against Deadpool? One burst from his guns destroys an entire level 3 mega buster o_O

smurfx

get some go again
Parallax Scroll said:
Does that work against Deadpool? One burst from his guns destroys an entire level 3 mega buster o_O
when it comes to deadpool i can zone him out too using zero and taskmaster but i usually just rush him down with taskmaster and use my haggar double lariat assist trap him down and beat him.

I love my team so much.

Amaterasu/Magneto/Doom
Magneto/Amaterasu/Doom
Magneto/Doom/Amaterasu

All have great applications for different matchups and setups. I tend to lean towards the first and third, mostly because MAD is a little more front-loaded than I'd like. Starting to lean towards MDA as my main structure instead of AMD, mostly because I figured out how to do my BnBs without assists, and she won't need them if she has lvl 3 xfactor. On top of that, Ammy is a much better anchor than Doom, and Doom works really well with Cold Star.

The big thing that bothers me is that Ammy's instant overhead setups become much much weaker without assists(which is painfull considering she has probably the best instant overhead in the game), and I won't get as many chances to use her slow time hyper with Mags and Doom. Ultimately, the Cold Star assist will probably make up for it, and it means that I'm always guaranteed to have one assist to extend Magneto combos.

smurfx said:
when it comes to deadpool i can zone him out too using zero and taskmaster but i usually just rush him down with taskmaster and use my haggar double lariat assist trap him down and beat him.
So you run Zero/Task/Haggar? I know two out of those three.

Dahbomb

Grecco said:
While i think hes wrong..
He did mention the fact that Pheonix was dead in every clip, Hes right lol
That's old and it's clearly staged. Phoenix dies while the other 2 characters are UNTOUCHED. LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom