• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Wesker also has a wall bounce, so I guess that works. Wesker/Spencer/Akuma is what I'm thinking, Akuma sounds like he'd be the easiest to pick up though. I can't pick up Jill yet because I don't own her, looooooool. I was thinking of Doom too, but Doom is a little too high execution for me right now, otherwise, hidden missile spam would be everywhere.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
Wesker also has a wall bounce, so I guess that works. Wesker/Spencer/Akuma is what I'm thinking, Akuma sounds like he'd be the easiest to pick up though. I can't pick up Jill yet because I don't own her, looooooool. I was thinking of Doom too, but Doom is a little too high execution for me right now, otherwise, hidden missile spam would be everywhere.

Sounds like a good team to me. I hate pimping Wesker to people though. He's on just about every team now and a lot of anti-Wesker tech is getting trafficked around because of it.

If it works though go for it, but if shenanigans start to creep up on him someday then I don't know who could ever replace him. His play style is pretty much his own and I don't think anyone else can rock the combos like he does if hit confirmed teleport mixups are your style. Maybe Dormammu, but he's way the hell trickier to play up tight like that.

Any way it goes though tossing Wesker/Spencer/Akuma together equals a solid team in my book no matter what tech people learn.

Neki

I'm just glad the dog hasn't really hit main stream though. People say Ammy is top tier, but Wesker/Wolverine/Magneto/Dante are much more prevalent than she is right now. Once I see everyone using Ammy, I'm going to cry. :(

Solune

shaowebb said:
Sounds like a good team to me. I hate pimping Wesker to people though. He's on just about every team now and a lot of anti-Wesker tech is getting trafficked around because of it.

If it works though go for it, but if shenanigans start to creep up on him someday then I don't know who could ever replace him. His play style is pretty much his own and I don't think anyone else can rock the combos like he does if hit confirmed teleport mixups are your style. Maybe Dormammu, but he's way the hell trickier to play up tight like that.

Any way it goes though tossing Wesker/Spencer/Akuma together equals a solid team in my book no matter what tech people learn.
I think Wesker pretty much works on any team nearly either on point or not. I don't even mind recommending him since I think playing as him helps players notice what other Wesker players exploit. I recommended Wesker in Ultimoo's team because Wesker has good synergy and can also go into and out of DHC glitch and he's one of the best anchors in the game with XF3. Only problem I see is if Wesker is in and you go for THC but unless you use it prevalently (like me, Wesker/Dorm/Storm) it's not really a necessity.

And Ultimoo, you can use Wesker's Samurai Shot for unblockable setup or to help relaunch if you're using Sent. But you might want to try Jaguar Kick or Ghost Butterfly to see if you can get some setups.

On another note, I've got a new Chris combo =D.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
I'm just glad the dog hasn't really hit main stream though. People say Ammy is top tier, but Wesker/Wolverine/Magneto/Dante are much more prevalent than she is right now. Once I see everyone using Ammy, I'm going to cry. :(

Yeah most just mash H and get by with Ammy and use her for Cold Star, Four Seasons, and Slow down for snap ins, but once you learn how to weapon shift to sword during a combo it gets pretty lethal. Ground bounces, OTG's, and a lot of high priority stuff starts flying around like she becomes Wolverine or something.

Ammy can be brutal when you just play scrubby shield stuff, but she'll outright make you want to rage quit once the work is put in to learn how to switch styles to lengthen combos and to open people up during a match. I'm pretty certain Felicia assist and sword dive is an unblockable that equals free damage straight to combo.

Hmmm...Ammy/Felicia/Taskmaster for rushdown into corner lockdown via Ammy beads and Task assist....

Neki

I guess most of GAF is still susceptible to scrubby Ammy play, and so is Ranked, but I'm not really a high lord yet, but Ammy is responsible for a huge portion of my wins alone. :p

edit: LOL, watching the CrossCounter episode with Mike Ross/Gootecks, and they mentioned that in all the clips of Daigo playing, his Phoenix was dead, haha.

jdub03

Parallax Scroll said:
I really should learn Ammy better. Online my combo is basically f.HHHHH S MMHHH eh fuck it

I don't go anywhere with that combo, lol

You can get a little more from that combo if after S you do mHHH>QCF H(ground bounce). Then you can relaunch and do mHHH or mHHH>exchange combo.

jdub03 said:
You can get a little more from that combo if after S you do mHHH>QCF H(ground bounce). Then you can relaunch and do mHHH or mHHH>exchange combo.
Yep, that's the idea. But I haven't put in enough practice time with Ammy to hit the QCF+H, so online I get that far in the combo and then fuck it up. I also need to learn how to get in with her better. I know her airdash is great and I think M, H, f+H is supposed to be a decent combo starter.

And that x-factor combo I see people do online, gotta figure out how to do that. It looks like f.HHHHH xfactor f.HHHHH, but I think there's an extra hit or two in there I'm missing.

Oh, and I just noticed you only list one M before the HHH in the air combo. Maybe doing 2 M's is why I have such a hard time with it.

Exchange is a good idea too.

jdub03

Parallax Scroll said:
Yep, that's the idea. But I haven't put in enough practice time with Ammy to hit the QCF+H, so online I get that far in the combo and then fuck it up. I also need to learn how to get in with her better. I know her airdash is great and I think M, H, f+H is supposed to be a decent combo starter.

And that x-factor combo I see people do online, gotta figure out how to do that. It looks like f.HHHHH xfactor f.HHHHH, but I think there's an extra hit or two in there I'm missing.

Oh, and I just noticed you only list one M before the HHH in the air combo. Maybe doing 2 M's is why I have such a hard time with it.

Yeah it might be hitstun decay or it might just be how the second m places the character in the air. I noticed I can hit the QCF H if I only do one m. I usually save x-factor for a full life character and when I have 3 bars. I usually do f.HHHHH x-factor HHHHH > level 3 hyper. That kills off most characters. I'm sure there are more efficient uses of x-factor but that usually gets the job done.

jdub03 said:
Yeah it might be hitstun decay or it might just be how the second m places the character in the air. I noticed I can hit the QCF H if I only do one m. I usually save x-factor for a full life character and when I have 3 bars. I usually do f.HHHHH x-factor HHHHH > level 3 hyper. That kills off most characters. I'm sure there are more efficient uses of x-factor but that usually gets the job done.
So you can actually do f.H xfactor f.H and it'll combo? I must have been messing up the timing.

jdub03

Parallax Scroll said:
So you can actually do f.H xfactor f.H and it'll combo? I must have been messing up the timing.

I just do H after x-factor. Forward H should work too. You just have to get the timing right.

I'm 4th lord(about to rank down if I don't start winning again). Have a total of around 250 online and offline hours.

What do you know, I stop mashing and the combo becomes easy. I even get the full MMHHH in the air before the QCF+H.

Looks like in some cases I can do another H, f.HHHHH after the ground bounce, depending on positioning.

jdub03

Parallax Scroll said:
What do you know, I stop mashing and the combo becomes easy. I even get the full MMHHH in the air before the QCF+H.

Looks like in some cases I can do another H, f.HHHHH after the ground bounce, depending on positioning.

I read somewhere that H doesn't cause hitstun decay. I haven't tested it out though.

LakeEarth

jdub03 said:
I just do H after x-factor. Forward H should work too. You just have to get the timing right.

I'm 4th lord(about to rank down if I don't start winning again). Have a total of around 250 online and offline hours.
If you want to take less risk, you can always x-factor into M or L. It will increase damage scaling though, I think going straight to H is better.

And I'm in the same boat. Hit 4th Lord, and now I can't beat the upper competition consistently. I'm not ranking down yet, but my bar is below the halfway point :S

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
6th Lord here. I once randomed out a guy who was ranked 74th best in rank matches. Closest I've been to accomplishing something cool in the game.

It's hard for me to play online because for some reason my router only picks up my ps3 about 1 or 2 days out of the week, and drops it randomly. So most of the time I don't even check to see if it's working.

Looks like Ammy's f+HHHHH is harder to connect all the hits if the opponent is airborne, such as after a ground bounce. Also, I just realized you don't have to hold forward the entire time XD

Parallax Scroll said:
Looks like Ammy's f+HHHHH is harder to connect all the hits if the opponent is airborne, such as after a ground bounce. Also, I just realized you don't have to hold forward the entire time XD
Yeah, I always launch after the first.

When I stance change with Ammy, if I double-tap down and then let go of the stick, she ends up superjumping since my stick barely registers an up-input as it recenters itself. Is this a common stick issue? I've got a TE with all stock parts.

Nose Master said:
This might be a well known tactic, but his DHC with Chris/Zero is really smart. It seems like he's mostly doing it because the smoke cloud from the grenade super hides the mixup from Zero, so realistically you have to blindly guess from about 5 or so options. Genius.
Interesting...

This is my best Ammy setup:

(Shield)2MH xx Stance Change Glaive, instant air Lxx3CxxHead Charge C

This is a really fucked up mix up that leads into a full combo.

God's Beard said:
This is my best Ammy setup:

(Shield)2MH xx Stance Change Glaive, instant air Lxx3CxxHead Charge C

This is a really fucked up mix up that leads into a full combo.
How do you do the instant air L? Just jump and hit L?

jdub03

LakeEarth said:
If you want to take less risk, you can always x-factor into M or L. It will increase damage scaling though, I think going straight to H is better.

And I'm in the same boat. Hit 4th Lord, and now I can't beat the upper competition consistently. I'm not ranking down yet, but my bar is below the halfway point :S

I can hit the H afterwards pretty consistently. After watching the cross counter guide I'm trying to eliminate as many light attacks as I can from my combos.

Parallax Scroll said:
When I stance change with Ammy, if I double-tap down and then let go of the stick, she ends up superjumping since my stick barely registers an up-input as it recenters itself. Is this a common stick issue? I've got a TE with all stock parts.

Interesting...

TE sticks tend to bounce if they swing back too fast. You hit down down and let go and it bounces to the up position. Try holding it instead of letting it go. Going neutral after weapon change isnt that critical if your following up with a normal move.

smurfx

get some go again
LakeEarth said:

rignt now i'm 4th lord with my bar 3/4th full. the first time i went 4th lord i got my ass handed to me. eventually i was at the point of just maintaining my spot but i could not seem to get enough wins to fill the bar back up so i just decided to level back down to 5th. the harder competition must of made me better because i got through 5th lord really quick. would constantly get 8-10 win streaks. 2nd time around in 4th lord and things are going better and i'm obviously ranking up slowly. btw dahbomb that one guy who had the joe/jill team was not that metroid guy you were talking about but a neogaf member! he said he sometimes lurks the mvc 3 thread.

jdub03 said:
TE sticks tend to bounce if they swing back too fast. You hit down down and let go and it bounces to the up position. Try holding it instead of letting it go. Going neutral after weapon change isnt that critical if your following up with a normal move.
You know, I never thought of holding down. Thanks!

haunts said:
Steve Buscemi as Haunts

pgHLH.jpg
ljUby.jpg

Donnie Yen as Gootecks

XrWv3.jpg
GuUW0.jpg

Donald Glover as Mike Ross

cgN0b.jpg
ufH8L.jpg

Sammo Hung as Marn

QmUSY.jpg
27d9O.jpg

Chow Yun Fat as Justin Wong

j2gzH.jpg
EjYCa.jpg

Hiroyuki Shimosawa as The Beast

9Pb7B.jpg
fc2cw.jpg

Philip Seymour Hoffman as Sp00ky

02h5A.jpg
TLdOw.jpg

Joaquin Cortes as a slightly less handsome God's Beard

hmndS.jpg

JeTmAn81

I recently hit 5th Lord online, but I've taken a break from ranked for a while in order to practice my skills in Player matches. I've also been having some fun with another team I like to use, Deadpool/Haggar/Sentinel. I've got about 100 hours in the game so far, online and off. I think it will be quite a while before I can really hang with 4th Lord and above players.

ok, FUCK ONLINE PLAY. Jesus Christ, man.

I can't do even basic flight combos that I hit 100% of the time, the game randomly slows down and I can't see the startup of half the moves in the game. Seriously sucks.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
RiderKairuu said:
GAF help! Trying to really learn Magneto here. When I attempt flight combos I almost always aerial exchange..maybe I'm not fast enough??

try to end in up-back for the flight motion so you are sure to complete the motion

God's Beard said:
ok, FUCK ONLINE PLAY. Jesus Christ, man.

I can't do even basic flight combos that I hit 100% of the time, the game randomly slows down and I can't see the startup of half the moves in the game. Seriously sucks.

playing magneto online is pretty much impossible. lmao

Kimosabae

Banned
haunts said:
try to end in up-back for the flight motion so you are sure to complete the motion

That works, but I advise against this, as it'll cripple your execution, generally. I.e. Iron Man Flight combos that utilize dashes just don't work for me using this method - I get Exchanges all day.

As a second opinion, I'd advise practice delaying the S input and making sure the stick is in neutral when you Press S.

playing Iron Man online is pretty much impossible. lmao

Yah.

haunts said:
playing magneto online is pretty much impossible. lmao

Yeah, I was like, ok, Alioune combos are probably too much to ask for, I'll just use the fierce loop.

NOPE.

I can barely dash cancel online. It doesn't help that my second character is Doom, either. Stupid wolverines everywhere skipping accross the screen like Crysis 2 running on a Celeron processor. I can't see shit, and the half dozen times I hit a character out of their stupid spam bullshit, I can only get 200k off of it because GGPO is just too fucking complicated.

Between this and Revelations using 360, I don't know when I'll be able to get any real practice against humans before EVO.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kimosabae said:
That works, but I advise against this, as it'll cripple your execution, generally. I.e. Iron Man Flight combos that utilize dashes just don't work for me using this method - I get Exchanges all day.

As a second opinion, I'd advise practice delaying the S input and making sure the stick is in neutral when you Press S.

Yah.

yeah going to neutral is good advice as well. I've always exaggerated my motions for supers and other moves and it works well for me. a lot of times i fuck up just becuase I try to do stuff too fast.

God's Beard said:
Yeah, I was like, ok, Alioune combos are probably too much to ask for, I'll just use the fierce loop.

NOPE.

I can barely dash cancel online. It doesn't help that my second character is Doom, either. Stupid wolverines everywhere skipping accross the screen like Crysis 2 running on a Celeron processor. I can't see shit, and the half dozen times I hit a character out of their stupid spam bullshit, I can only get 200k off of it because GGPO is just too fucking complicated.

Between this and Revelations using 360, I don't know when I'll be able to get any real practice against humans before EVO.

my whole offline game is based around flight combos and magnetic blast combos, both which are a pain online. I usually just go for the day 1 haunts combo, which is jump hard, mh, flight, mh, adf, mh, adf, mmh, adf, mmhs. i can usually get most of that one.. usually. -_-

also ill add that tho my wesker is complete ASS right now, having that OTG assist really helps magneto so much. not sure I didnt use wesker sooner. getting like an extra 100-200k per combo now.

Guess what my OTG assist is? Yeah, i need more than luck to get hidden missiles to land online. That shit's an act of god.
haunts said:
yeah going to neutral is good advice as well. I've always exaggerated my motions for supers and other moves and it works well for me. a lot of times i fuck up just becuase I try to do stuff too fast.

my whole offline game is based around flight combos and magnetic blast combos, both which are a pain online. I usually just go for the day 1 haunts combo, which is jump hard, mh, flight, mh, adf, mh, adf, mmh, adf, mmhs. i can usually get most of that one.. usually. -_-

Yeah, I'll either get to flight or one of the repetitions, and the combo just... stops. And then I'm fucked. Ammy works a little better, but I can't get anything as hard as jH into head charge H, though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
Yeah, I'll either get to flight or one of the repetitions, and the combo just... stops. And then I'm fucked. Ammy works a little better, but I can't get anything as hard as jH into head charge H, though.

i think the game bugs out on flight combos online. it like drops frames or something. I can do the ABC 123 combos no prob but any flight combo just falls apart.

no wonder why wolvie is so good online. lmao

ps: fuck wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom