• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

If you didn't know already (it is every week, same day), The Break Weekly has been running for a while. Still very early in the bracket:

http://www.justin.tv/8wayrun

Didn't know that Jaha was originally from New Jersey. Stream monsters going in is hilarious.

Also, Nina has that thickness. Shoutouts to MarlinPie.

EDIT: DemonEyes just beat MastaCJ off-stream, sending him to Loser's.

Fixed.

qsuXs.png

mileS

Anth0ny said:
To be honest, he was playing pretty damn well before the previous episode. I kinda believe him when he says he's been playing MK non-stop and not focusing on marvel... he was dropping easy Wolverine combos that he was hitting all day in previous episodes.

also, CAN'T WIN WITHOUT THOR

hahhaha my jaw dropped. XBL is great..

Nose Master

Who are these commentators? They're actually pretty good. The guy in the purple shirt especially. "Guys gettin bodied for their chairs."

USD

Nose Master said:
Who are these commentators? They're actually pretty good. The guy in the purple shirt especially. "Guys gettin bodied for their chairs."
MrQuotes on the left, 10Stars on the right.

LakeEarth

I think I finally found a new team I like. My former team, Spencer/Wesker/Doom made sense in so many ways, DHC glitch, easy to play characters (excluding Doom), but for some reason I had the hardest time opening people up. I just came up with a new team that I think have great synergy.

Dormammu/Haggar/Doom.

Now granted they do not have great DHC synergy, but what they give is a constant answer to rushdown and runaway. Haggar's assist constantly protects, while Doom's beam keeps the pressure full screen, keep Dormammu safe when I'm trying to do some j.S pressure, and allows for some nice crossup tricks. Best part is when I lose Dormammu, Haggar is not useless because the beam assist gives him a way in. On top of that, I still have a response for rushdown because I still can do lariat whenever I want.

The main problem is low DHC synergy, but if you land lariat with Haggar and combo into his punch hyper, you can DHC into sphere flame for insane damage. And being in the corner opens stuff up (splash into sphere flame, chaotic flame into multi-hit splash).

Neki

USD said:
After that match, definitely Phoenix. Only Phoenix forces you to completely change your game strategy.
what you talking about, I always full screen hyper to try to kill people.

edit: dat comeback

The problem with Phoenix is that as the game evolves, kill combos are very common. If you think of health as a number of chances to avoid mix ups, Phoenix isn't significantly weaker than other characters. In fact, with 5 bars she's guaranteed to survive a combo that would remove any other character. She's only weaker in terms of chip and glancing blows.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What was that Swagneto combo in XFC? That wasn't the normal hyper grav loop, was it? It just looked like standing H and L.Hyper Grav over and over in lvl 3 Xfactor.

Edit: Wow @ mvc2 maggy combos. lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Oldschoolgamer said:
What was that Swagneto combo in XFC? That wasn't the normal hyper grav loop, was it? It just looked like standing H and L.Hyper Grav over and over in lvl 3 Xfactor.

Edit: Wow @ mvc2 maggy combos. lol

yea its an xfactor only infinite

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wow. So wolverine's bad match-up isn't against anyone with a beam, but Chun li and lightning legs. That shit looks free for Chun.

edit:
haunts said:
yea its an xfactor only infinite

Ah word. That's my first time seeing it.

smurfx

get some go again
that was a real shitty match by mastacj. he did shit with spiderman and tron. he should of just kept his original team since it has wesker and that is the only character he did anything with.

shaowebb

If you make a list of all the things Phoenix can outheal with that Healing Sphere up or take no damage from at each level of X-factor and without it both as regular or Dark Phoenix it suddenly changes a lot of things.

She's a beast all over and so long as you can keep it going with keep away into teleport mixups. She's unstoppable once you take into account how little she needs to fear with a proper Healing Sphere gameplan in play.

Dreavus

shaowebb said:
If you make a list of all the things Phoenix can outheal with that Healing Sphere up or take no damage from at each level of X-factor and without it both as regular or Dark Phoenix it suddenly changes a lot of things.

She's a beast all over and so long as you can keep it going with keep away into teleport mixups. She's unstoppable once you take into account how little she needs to fear with a proper Healing Sphere gameplan in play.

I'd really love to see healing field used more. In all the Phoenix play I've seen, barely anyone seems to take advantage of it.

awesome, maybe im a little biased though. ;)

sorry it took us so long to get it up but I think it was worth the wait.
Thanks for the opportunity! I look forward to finishing up the next one.

Maybe gootecks just doesn't care. I definitely heard the sound of defeat in his voice that entire time.
When you play a character you don't love, even if you're winning, it's not quite as satisfying. I have actively decided to play an inferior Dormammu team just because it is still more satisfying to play than an "optimal" setup.

Trophies on SRK?

The fuck????
This irritates me. I don't even like them in games, but...a forum?!

Dormammu/Haggar/Doom.

Now granted they do not have great DHC synergy, but what they give is a constant answer to rushdown and runaway. Haggar's assist constantly protects, while Doom's beam keeps the pressure full screen, keep Dormammu safe when I'm trying to do some j.S pressure, and allows for some nice crossup tricks. Best part is when I lose Dormammu, Haggar is not useless because the beam assist gives him a way in. On top of that, I still have a response for rushdown because I still can do lariat whenever I want.

The main problem is low DHC synergy, but if you land lariat with Haggar and combo into his punch hyper, you can DHC into sphere flame for insane damage. And being in the corner opens stuff up (splash into sphere flame, chaotic flame into multi-hit splash).
Plus, realistically, since you can relaunch with this team, you will be able to end all of your Dormammu combos in the corner. I honestly think Haggar is one of Dormammu's best assists (better than Tron's in his case).

Evo's coming up soon, so I'm wondering if he's saving his stuff for that. The only tourney I've seen him in was guard crush.
You don't save stuff by ducking tournaments, you save stuff by playing in tournaments but not using the stuff you're saving.

LakeEarth

Karsticles said:
Plus, realistically, since you can relaunch with this team, you will be able to end all of your Dormammu combos in the corner. I honestly think Haggar is one of Dormammu's best assists (better than Tron's in his case).
By relaunch, do you mean flame carpet + lariat assist?

LakeEarth

The best part is if you miss the relaunch, lariat causes a hard knockdown, so you can quickly adjust to purification into chaotic flame.

Dahbomb

While meeting with MARVEL? :| He confirmed on his Twitter that he was going to meet with Marvel. What's interesting is that he is staying here at Capcom USA with E3 just around the corner.

BTW this place is going to get a lot less fun after SMVC3's unveiling. I remember when MVC3 was rolling around, all people could talk about was "I wish this character was in it" or "They put in THIS character? LOL what a waste of slot".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom