• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shit as always Karsts. Surprised to see no mention of assists for full screen Dorm play.
I might do another article on assist usage with Dormammu, but this was already massive enough as it was without chugging out a massive list of assists that are good with him. Plus, I have issues with advising people toward using certain combinations. I like to let creativity flow. My own personal team right now is Sentinel/Dormammu/Dr. Doom.

Bleh, working on a Dormammu/Wesker/Iron Man team all morning, and I feel like I'm Masta Viscant.

It's a pretty good team, solid mixups and resets all around, and reliable unblockables. Pretty even on zoning and rushdown, but if someone kills off Iron Man you're pretty fucked.

N4Us

smurfx said:

hulk-grab-o.gif

Got some long overdue hatemail from a ragequitter:

Jermz the Lion said:
your style is cheap, lame and u play EXACTLY like everyone else. get off youtube n find an original combo

I tell the scrub that I will money match him for $50 if I ever see him and I will show him "original combos" in the process....

Jermz the Lion said:
no u wont. i bet theres no original combo in those cloneplayer fingertips.. lol YOURE the scrub

So much for the original comeback. Not like I can do anything fancy in that lag anyway. Please body him if you into this scrub and if you can stand the lag.

Chavelo

sonicspear64 said:
Got some long overdue hatemail from a ragequitter:

I tell the scrub that I will money match him for $50 if I ever see him and I will show him "original combos" in the process....

So much for the original comeback. Not like I can do anything fancy in that lag anyway. Please body him if you into this scrub and if you can stand the lag.

Xbox Live or PSN?

jdub03 said:
Anybody else get super pissed when you see gootecks fucking up simple wolverine combos?

Yea that definitely gets me raging. His combos are so easy to do and gootecks is also way to patient with wolverine.

Dahbomb

Gootecks just needs to do brain dead rushdown with Wolverine like Mike Ross did. His win percentage will sky rocket.

You guys see that new technology/glitch that Alioune put out? It's a way to make a throw inescapable (untechable) using the Doom Beam assist. Works on in coming characters.

I have to test it out, maybe you can pushblock the first blocked hit of Magneto as you are coming in. Still it is super abusable as it's basically 2 exploits in one:

1) Being able to grab a character while in block stun

2) Making a normal throw untechable

This might be that hidden technology that Seth was talking about.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dahbomb said:
You guys see that new technology/glitch that Alioune put out? It's a way to make a throw inescapable (untechable) using the Doom Beam assist. Works on in coming characters.

I have to test it out, maybe you can pushblock the first blocked hit of Magneto as you are coming in. Still it is super abusable as it's basically 2 exploits in one:

1) Being able to grab a character while in block stun

2) Making a normal throw untechable

This might be that hidden technology that Seth was talking about.

That has shades of Marvel 2 all up in it. lol.

Any throw is untechable if you land it at the same time as an assist hits, that's been known for at least a few weeks. The tick throw on incoming characters was even used by Combofiend at Final Round.

Yeah, because he's hitting at the same time as the doom beam. It's a good setup because it makes the timing feasible, but you can definitely pushblock the HS when you come in.

It's too bad I was never able to find a way to make the tick throw work with Thor's air command grab.

Dahbomb

LakeEarth said:
I don't know why Gootecks picks Wolverine. Considering his Balrog/Rose, I'd expect him to play spacing-characters.
I know right. He needs to pick a totally lame ass team.

Taskmaster/Dormammu/Sentinel

I mean he WAITS for the opponent to do something unsafe before attacking with Wolverine. This is MVC3, most of the stuff isn't unsafe on block and stuff is usually can't be punished if you are just push blocking all the time.

Spider Man perfect if you hadn't seen it already.

jdub03

Grecco said:
No because i fuck up simple Wolverine combos too :( :(

It seems to me gootecks dropped combos are different then dropped combos in lag. When Mike Ross drops combos you think "oh must be lag". It just seems like gootecks doesn't get the game still. Listen to his button presses when he tries to end his combos with drill claw into hyper. It sounds like his hands are stuck in slow motion. He drops less combos playing "rose under water", and her combos have a far stricter timing to them.

Maybe I'm just venting because I hate wolves so much. Wolvie players are not allowed to drop combos. It's against the TOS.

Azure J

Dahbomb said:
If I ever saw something like that in a live high level tournament match, my head would explode from the HYPE.

Closest we got was the Bionic Arm vs Tron Lvl. 3 in the first & last rounds of the finals at Final Round. I was winded from the hype on that.

LakeEarth

My personal moment like that:
Bionic Arm, he Chun's Leg Hyper (which will beat it), I DHC to Wesker's Counter, he DHC's to Wesker's counter, I DHC to Doom's sphere flame, he DHC's to Sentinel's beam hyper which LOSES TO SPHERE FLAME HAHA!

Grecco

Watching Gootecks matches in theat episode its pretty funny.

He always super jumps with Wolverine. Did he not pay attention to what Viscant told him in the dvd he is selling?

Anth0ny

Professor Beef said:
Maybe gootecks just doesn't care. I definitely heard the sound of defeat in his voice that entire time.

To be honest, he was playing pretty damn well before the previous episode. I kinda believe him when he says he's been playing MK non-stop and not focusing on marvel... he was dropping easy Wolverine combos that he was hitting all day in previous episodes.

also, CAN'T WIN WITHOUT THOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom