• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Dahbomb said:
While meeting with MARVEL? :| He confirmed on his Twitter that he was going to meet with Marvel. What's interesting is that he is staying here at Capcom USA with E3 just around the corner.

BTW this place is going to get a lot less fun after SMVC3's unveiling. I remember when MVC3 was rolling around, all people could talk about was "I wish this character was in it" or "They put in THIS character? LOL what a waste of slot".

Lets get Moonknight up in this bitch, him + Task + another cowl wearing person would be the best team. Sure Doom probably counts already, but uh...can't play him.

Chavelo

Dahbomb said:
While meeting with MARVEL? :| He confirmed on his Twitter that he was going to meet with Marvel. What's interesting is that he is staying here at Capcom USA with E3 just around the corner.

BTW this place is going to get a lot less fun after SMVC3's unveiling. I remember when MVC3 was rolling around, all people could talk about was "I wish this character was in it" or "They put in THIS character? LOL what a waste of slot".

OH OH OH!!!

Megaman for the win! and Venom! and Strider! :D

And um... Fuck anyone who wants cyclops or any x-man back... too many of them...

Make it happen.

V4hSS.jpg

Dahbomb said:

I agree but the guy in your avatar is mentioned a lot.

Kimosabae

Banned
Dahbomb said:

It's really contemptible and pathetic behavior, really. It's crazy how narrow-minded people become when characters they personally care for aren't included, as though it's feasible to cram every character, every person and their mother wants into these games. You'd think this would be obvious?

The "waste of a slot" comments REALLY piss me off, because it implies that just because you don't care for a particular character, no one else out there does or should.

Ugh. Those threads really give my ignore list function a workout, though.

Only character I felt absolutely needed to be in this game was Dante, and that's more due to the nature of the games he's from than me being a fan (don't like his DMC3 incarnation much, and aesthetics and gameplay-wise, I think Dante fits better in a Guilty Gear game than a Capcom fighter).

I couldn't care less who's in these games. As long as the choices are inspired*

*Okay, was a little bit upset about no Mega Man.

Dahbomb

Only reason why Dante wasn't in MVC2 was because DMC wasn't even made yet.

The fact that one of the main developers for MVC2/SF3 is the current lead director for the DMC games (DMC3SE, DMC4) pretty much cemented Dante's appearance in a MVC game down the line.

I'll be honest, some characters when they were first revealed I had a big question mark over them and that was mostly from a game play sense. She Hulk and X-23 came to my mind. I thought "how will they make them different from Hulk/Wolverine?" Thankfully they are very different especially She Hulk who is one of the most unique characters in the game and really fun to play with.

Also Trish over Vergil was shocking as was no Megaman and no Strider. DLC kept the hope alive though.

LakeEarth

Yeah, at the time when Trish and X-23 were announced I wasn't pleased (they scream "characters the company wanted, not the fans"), but now I can't imagine the game without them.

It'll be a mix. If you want to witness a true nightmare, watch GameFAQs explode with trolls.

Lets get Moonknight up in this bitch, him + Task + another cowl wearing person would be the best team. Sure Doom probably counts already, but uh...can't play him.
Super Street Fighter IV added 10 characters. Realistically, we're only getting 10 in Super MvC3.

If I were Marvel/Capcom, this would be my roster for maximum sales:
Marvel:
1) Venom
2) Ghost Rider
3) Juggernaut
4) Cyclops
5) Gambit

Capcom:
1) Mega Man X
2) Frank West
3) Phoenix Wright
4) Vergil
5) Strider Hiryu

There's not a lot of room there for personal favorites. Plus, there's a 100% chance that the game will add a female for each side for demographic purposes.

My dream list:
Capcom:
Mega Man Classic
Nina (BoF2)
Rathalos
Captain Commando
Firebrand

Marvel:
Venom
Carnage
Blackheart
Dr. Strange
Iceman

My nightmare list:
Capcom:
Megaman Volnutt
Regina
Leon Kennedy
Jon Talbain
Frank West

Marvel:
Silver Surfer
Cyclops
Dare Devil
Elektra
Squirrel Girl

*Okay, was a little bit upset about no Mega Man.
Every decent human being was sir.

Yeah, at the time when Trish and X-23 were announced I wasn't pleased (they scream "characters the company wanted, not the fans"), but now I can't imagine the game without them.
I agree with Trish, but X-23 seems to be outclassed by Wolverine, and it's hard to balance the two since they are very similar (in the sense that they are pure rushdown, like Felicia). It's hard to not have any one character dominate as the pure rushdown king/queen.

Dahbomb

Super Street Fighter IV added 10 characters. Realistically, we're only getting 10 in Super MvC3.

The way I see it, SF4 went from 25 to 35 which is a 40% increase in character roster. If the same equation were to be applied to MVC3's 38 character roster, then I would expect that if Capcom were to apply the same formula we should be getting 16 characters (15.2 rounded up to 16). That's a solid number of characters and I can deal with that.

If I were Marvel/Capcom, this would be my roster for maximum sales:
Marvel:
1) Venom
2) Ghost Rider
3) Juggernaut
4) Cyclops
5) Gambit

Capcom:
1) Mega Man X
2) Frank West
3) Phoenix Wright
4) Vergil
5) Strider Hiryu
That's probably an accurate list of characters to add for maximum sales.

I would add the following in line with my 16 character update:

Marvel - Ms Marvel (or Emma Frost), Psylocke, Dr. Strange
Capcom - Gene, M.Bison, Samanouske

My nightmare list:
Capcom:
Megaman Volnutt
Regina
Leon Kennedy
Jon Talbain
Frank West

Marvel:
Silver Surfer
Cyclops
Dare Devil
Elektra
Squirrel Girl
Yeah pretty much although Jon Talbain might not be too bad if they give him some nice tools. If he's some generic rushdown character, then no thanks.

I agree with Trish, but X-23 seems to be outclassed by Wolverine, and it's hard to balance the two since they are very similar (in the sense that they are pure rushdown, like Felicia). It's hard to not have any one character dominate as the pure rushdown king/queen.
I will say what God's Beard said that X-23 has some tools that makes her a bit different and more usable than Wolverine (if that makes any sense). Her Silent Prey LVL3 gives her the ability to "buy one get one for free" which is VERY POTENT. I think she is a better 2nd character just because with 3 bars and X Factor she can kill 2 characters for FREE. She is more technical than Wolverine and I feel she has a high ceiling than him.

DryEyeRelief said:
We already have Zero. Why do we need Mega Man?
Because they are different? MM is the poster boy of Capcom, even if he is a joke character or only has one move he has to be in a Capcom game.

Megaman has potential to be Dante's level of craziness in terms of options and he can truly be a zoning beast in the game.

Give me Rathalos, Jedah and Vergil and I've got my new team for Super.

HIC2Q.gif

Also, FUCK Talbain.

Riposte said:
+ I want a Hunter in some form. I want traps, bombs, and weapon switching. Make it a kitty, even.

Fuck the hunter, but a cat would be godlike.

We already have Zero. Why do we need Mega Man?
Sir, trolling is not encouraged on this forum.

The way I see it, SF4 went from 25 to 35 which is a 40% increase in character roster. If the same equation were to be applied to MVC3's 38 character roster, then I would expect that if Capcom were to apply the same formula we should be getting 16 characters (15.2 rounded up to 16). That's a solid number of characters and I can deal with that.
Expect 10, and be happy if it's more. Remember when Kensk said we'd get 42+? It was a dark day when we found his information to be outdated.

That's probably an accurate list of characters to add for maximum sales.

I would add the following in line with my 16 character update:

Marvel - Ms Marvel (or Emma Frost), Psylocke, Dr. Strange
Capcom - Gene, M.Bison, Samanouske
I can see most of those, but I think Gene and Samanouske are a bit of a stretch for pulling in sales.

Yeah pretty much although Jon Talbain might not be too bad if they give him some nice tools. If he's some generic rushdown character, then no thanks.
I'm assuming he plays like his Darkstalkers 3 self.

I will say what God's Beard said that X-23 has some tools that makes her a bit different and more usable than Wolverine (if that makes any sense). Her Silent Prey LVL3 gives her the ability to "buy one get one for free" which is VERY POTENT. I think she is a better 2nd character just because with 3 bars and X Factor she can kill 2 characters for FREE. She is more technical than Wolverine and I feel she has a high ceiling than him.
Sure, she has advantages, but still, in general I see her as Wolverine, but with twice the effort needed for the same results.

Megaman has potential to be Dante's level of craziness in terms of options and he can truly be a zoning beast in the game.
I partially loathe Arthur because I know, on some level, that his existence will make balancing Megaman problematic.

Give me Rathalos, Jedah and Vergil and I've got my new team for Super.
I would love Jedah. And Rathalos or bust; the MH team needs to pull their heads out of their rears.

Dahbomb

I always heard over 30 characters for MVC3 from reliable sources, with close to touching 40.

Jedah would be pretty bad ass.

Samanouske is sort of needed for an Onimusha rep (I think the series deserves it, Sam has enough stuff to even give Dante a run for his money plus DAT Oni form). It still has a sizeable fanbase.

Gene would get a lot of buzz from the hardcore fans. He also polled really well in the Capcom unity polls. Sales or not, Gene is a character like C Viper who is made for MVC.

Dahbomb said:
I always heard over 30 characters for MVC3 from reliable sources, with close to touching 40.

Jedah would be pretty bad ass.

Samanouske is sort of needed for an Onimusha rep (I think the series deserves it, Sam has enough stuff to even give Dante a run for his money plus DAT Oni form). It still has a sizeable fanbase.

Gene would get a lot of buzz from the hardcore fans. He also polled really well in the Capcom unity polls. Sales or not, Gene is a character like C Viper who is made for MVC.

Gene should have mash combos like Viewtiful Joe, every normal should be dash-cancelable, and he should have a vega-style S+A command backflip that dodges everything.

actually, S+LMH do different things. S+L is backflip and is invincible but has recovery, S+M is his side dash and passes through characters but isn't invincible, S+H is ducking and beats mid and high attacks.

Dahbomb

Gene could easily be the most imbalanced character in Marvel history if Capcom wanted him to be.

*Guard crush attacks
*Dodges that dodge everything and I mean EVERYTHING
*Dash cancellable attacks (like Doom)
*Full screen projectiles
*Seismos
*Self-healing
*Utility hyper that makes him INVINCIBLE, faster and stronger (probably not going to be invincible but it is at the very least a mini-X Factor like Dante's)
*Attacks that evade other moves
*DAT DRAGON KICK
*Moves that cause DIZZY
*Moves that build insane meter upon usage
*Possible command throws (butt spanking anyone?)
*DAT BALL BUSTER

If I could compare Gene to any current cast member, it would be C Viper. Imagine if Gene was given moves from the God Roulette that were used like EX Moves of C Viper and had a TK feint/Bold cancel.

To balance Gene, what I would do is make all his standard(not command) normals dash cancelable, then make Dashes dodge(S+A) cancelable and only a few things link after the cancel. Maybe the roundhouse loop from God Hand.

For the God Hand hyper, I'd give it a long invincible startup(like 30 frames) so he can't combo into it. Then I'd give him a 15% speed boost and 1 hit of super armor for 300 frames. That's pretty in line with other boost hypers.

For roulette, just make the startup change based on how long it takes you to choose at say 1/4th normal game speed. So 15 frames every second and say 4+0 frame startup before that.

And guard breaks are basically God Hand's version of overheads, so you pretty much can just swap that over. All of his weird moves that have weird properties can just be sorted out into specials or command normals.

Riposte

Just let all his supers be picked on Roulette and maybe cost 1 bar to cancel it. Two or three supers could cost 1 bar, one would cost 3 bars, if activated with no bars, he basically has to pick "grovel" on the bottom, which would really fuck him up. Like Godhand, no going up in the roulette.

LakeEarth

Problem with having 16 new characters is that means 8 new Capcom characters. Who are you going to pick who wasn't in Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, RE, MvC2, or Frank West? Sure some of us want the guy from Onimusha or God Hand, but Capcom is likely to pick characters from living franchises, or characters who were already in MvC2.

LakeEarth said:
Problem with having 16 new characters is that means 8 new Capcom characters. Who are you going to pick who wasn't in Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, RE, MvC2, or Frank West? Sure some of us want the guy from Onimusha or God Hand, but Capcom is likely to pick characters from living franchises, or characters who were already in MvC2.
Ken from street fighter 2010, lets go! or some rival schools people.

Grecco

LakeEarth said:

Theres still plenty of characters you can pick. Look at TVC there was that guy from Onimusha.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
IMO

Marvel
- Emma Frost: She's one of the most well known xmen characters TODAY so that would get people looking. Gameplaywise she can have her normal state playing the distance with psionic attacks and her also have her crystal form, where she can gets a defense boost or zero chip damage and better rushdown normals....

- Dr Strange: he's The sorcerer of the marvel universe, plus he has an animated movie out now(great movie btw), why not. Gameplay wise he can be a good Dorm with cool lookin mele moves. and maybe have a Hyper that take your meter :p

- Gambit: few character from MvC2 gets the nostalgia nod more then him. He's still a cool character, he deserves a comeback

- Venom: see Gambit...plus he was in my team :(

- Medusa: Not that Im a big fan of her or anything(though Blackbolt is the shit), but i can just imagine the artist at Capcom would go crazy and do that Hair justice.

Capcom

-Vergil: I dont need to defend that choice

- Phoeenix Wright: not a fan, but people like em and the game. He'd probably be very annoying. But anything that NOT Megaman based

- Talbain: I know peole want Jedah and i would'nt mind Demitri, but Talbain is just cool looking enough to earn that spot for me. and please NO PYRON!!

- Juri: Her whole style would fit this game perfectly, i'd like to see it. But what would FS Engine do now???

-Urien: AAAAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Jin Saotome - my main character really in MvC2, he has next to zero chance to make it :(

My dream list

10 New Characters

Marvel:

Miss Marvel
Emma Frost
Dr. Strange
Iron Fist
Luke Cage

(ALTs Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Venom)

Capcom

Frank West
Megaman
Strider
Phoenix Wright
M Bison

(ALTs Cammy, Abel, Vergil)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Capcom
Strider
Strider
Strider
Strider

Would be happy to see MMX finally in a fighting game tho. Imagine the stance changes or if you could use meter to boost pieces of his armor? Could get hella technical, would be amazing to watch.

Can't wait for E3 to hear more hopefully.

notworksafe

~Devil Trigger~ said:
- Juri: Her whole style would fit this game perfectly, i'd like to see it. But what would FS Engine do now???(
Agreed. Juri would be great in MvC and her style would work without much having to be changed. As far as FSE, it could be something like a powered-up mode similar to Devil Trigger that lets her do extra moves or has her do extra damage.

I would also like to see Strider in, but maybe it's a licensing thing that is stopping Capcom? I'd love to see them troll everybody and toss in Hien instead of Hiryu.

Would be happy to see MMX finally in a fighting game tho. Imagine the stance changes or if you could use meter to boost pieces of his armor? Could get hella technical, would be amazing to watch.
Stance changes already kept me from using my most anticipated character in this game. Plus, they like to go with a unique mechanic for each character MMX should have a variety of attacks that are QCF/QCB motions, and if you hold the attack button instead of tap it, you get the boosted version he had from his games, but it takes a little longer to come out/has more recovery, depending on the attack. Simple, lots of options, interesting, and deep.

You guys know that it will be VERY ODD if they add Vergil, right?

Cause they already kinda did with Dante's alt. :-/
They could just remove the color with another one. It's not like an alternate color is an intense laboring. Thor and X-23 had finished colors that Capcom didn't even bother to put into the game.

Jedah won't happen for the same reason Nemesis didn't happen.

The only character I desperately want in Super MvC3 is:
Super Netcode Man.

Gentlemen: I require the pictures of Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath both having a top hat and monocle, stat. They are separate pictures, and the Shuma-Gorath one has him by a fireplace.

X, Strider, Bison, Batsu/Vergil, Breath of Fire or Onimusha guy
Goblin, BEHOLD!OPTICBLAST, Daredevil/Moon Knight, Venom/Juggs

Bold is good enough for me. Also, dropping another vote for Super Netcode Man.

Grecco

This might be the dumbest thing. But im getting frustrated with my execution.

Fact is i cant consistantly do the 214 motion. Dumb i know. No problems doing 236 but thatm motion kills me

Its ridiculous. Im practicing Wolverines BNB. I will always miss the Fatal claw if im looking towards the right but i never miss when im looking to the left since its a 214 motion.... Its getting to the point where i want to snap the mvc3 disk in half

notworksafe

Karsticles said:
Gentlemen: I require the pictures of Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath both having a top hat and monocle, stat. They are separate pictures, and the Shuma-Gorath one has him by a fireplace.
Such a good pic...

eLQWt.jpg

USD

RiderKairuu said:
I think a Capcom vs Capcom game would be the only viable way to please everyone character wise. I do really want Vergil more than anyone else.
Haha, Capcom Fighting Jam 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom