• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
GatorBait said:
I'd like to learn Spencer. Any recommendations for good teammates to pair him with?
Doom.

Spencer works really well with doom rocks.

Any slow projectile assists really, sentinel drones would work as well.

Rokitty makes use of OTG assists (dormammu/wesker/x23) though so you can try that as well.

Storm is also a good partner as well, since they DHC really well into eachother's supers.

also haggar if you want to glitch people to death ;)

Moofers

As time goes on, I'm realizing just how awesome the soundtrack is. Seriously, I love it.

Amaterasu's theme is gorgeous. I actually had it on during a run today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoaTNWnqiok

Dante's theme is total cheese, but its exactly like it is in the DMC games, so its perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdJwxGJ5GEg&feature=related

And Arthur's theme? Holy crap is the awesome metal remix of the classic 1st stage. Its like something the minibosses would make, only capcom made it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXv57X7N510&feature=related

What an incredible game. I want to play it all the time. Its really too bad the online stuff is so half-assed because if it were on par with SSF4, this could be my game of the year. Its obvious that a lot of care went into every other part of this game though. I can't wait to play it in a room full of fans at Midwest Gaming Classic this month. I can already hear the moans and groans when I pick my team of Dante/Akuma/Sentinel though. Ha ha

SolarPowered said:
Does Wesker have a parry move like Magneto?

He just made a motion and parried my move. I'm pretty sure I'm not seeing things.

Likewise

Your Dante was annoying the shit out of me for a while. I'm also a little groggy. We should play again sometime.
Your hsien ko was annoying too ;)

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Hmm, if it's okay to ask for team recommendations in this thread I'd like a tip. I have my heart set on a Hulk and She-Hulk team which leaves the last member to be anyone I want. Strategically and assist-wise, who is a good pick? Amaterasu, Spencer and Deadpool have captured my interest the most so far.

Most people I've talked to recommend a character that covers weaknesses, so a relatively ranged or keepaway oriented character suits them well?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Speaking of team brainstorming, I need to find a third for Taskmaster + Morrigan. Only stipulations are good DHCs, complimentary assist, and not awful on point.

Been trying out Akuma, but all of my TvC Ryu habits seem to be getting in the way of using him effectively at present, lol.

Filth

any1 wanna get in some training sessions? i have the game for ps3 and 360. i dont have a real preference :]

Dahbomb

Thnikkaman said:
Hmm, if it's okay to ask for team recommendations in this thread I'd like a tip. I have my heart set on a Hulk and She-Hulk team which leaves the last member to be anyone I want. Strategically and assist-wise, who is a good pick? Amaterasu, Spencer and Deadpool have captured my interest the most so far.

Most people I've talked to recommend a character that covers weaknesses, so a relatively ranged or keepaway oriented character suits them well?
Your weakness in that team is the low mobility, meaning you are going to have a tough time getting in range to do your combos. Runaway and zoners will walk all over you.

Amaterasu's Cold Shots can help you get in. You should experiment with Delayed Hyper Combos to see if you can get a sequence going.

Grecco

Amateratsu works well with Taskmaster. Her assist works well if you are into tasks zoning game, and the shuffle works well after Tasks hyper. Right now my team is Task-Amy-dont really know trying to find a third.

sleepykyo

Thnikkaman said:

Justin uses Tron's flame assist, Combofiend uses Taskmaster's horizontal arrows, etc.
Screw it, join the Sentinel army and use Sentinel's sentinel force assist. Those bots have pretty decent durability.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Dahbomb said:
Your weakness in that team is the low mobility, meaning you are going to have a tough time getting in range to do your combos. Runaway and zoners will walk all over you.

Amaterasu's Cold Shots can help you get in. You should experiment with Delayed Hyper Combos to see if you can get a sequence going.
That's great, I like Ammy's style in this game too.

sleepykyo said:
Justin uses Tron's flame assist, Combofiend uses Taskmaster's horizontal arrows, etc.
Screw it, join the Sentinel army and use Sentinel's sentinel force assist. Those bots have pretty decent durability.
Tron is great too, I'd like a weird third team member.

I just started to experiment with Ammy in the lab and I actually started to use her Thunder edge. It is definitely a kick ass weapon and it'll fuck up a lot of assists if you pair it with a nice beam assist.

Her combos in that mode are way shorter and much deadlier. I also love all of her OTG moves. It makes for a lot of fun juggling.
salva said:
Your hsien ko was annoying too ;)
My Hsien-Ko was shit last night. I have no idea why she kept getting whooped by Dante so much. She is supposed to wear down my opponents so that Morrigan and Ammy can handle the rest, but she could barely keep up against your Dante. I blame the lack of sleep. I wanted to stay up so that I could buy my new bike(just rode back home on it!) so I did not sleep at all.

Your Morrigan also holds her own pretty well and your Super Skrull was all over me in one of those matches. Definitely had some fun and close matches last night.

Looking forward to some more games.

Moofers said:
As time goes on, I'm realizing just how awesome the soundtrack is. Seriously, I love it.

Amaterasu's theme is gorgeous. I actually had it on during a run today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoaTNWnqiok

Dante's theme is total cheese, but its exactly like it is in the DMC games, so its perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdJwxGJ5GEg&feature=related

And Arthur's theme? Holy crap is the awesome metal remix of the classic 1st stage. Its like something the minibosses would make, only capcom made it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXv57X7N510&feature=related

Best themes:
Shuma>Captain America>Haggar>Tron Bonne>Iron Man>WolverinePower Rangers>>>>>>Everyone else>>>>Jill/Ryu/Zero

Hulk's kinda sounds like a megaman song, which is cool.

h3ro

Is this crazy ass chick on the Raw Gameplay stream really giving advice on where to buy bootleg games wholesale?

What the fuck.

Edit: now shes giving URLs and google searches to find sites. ugh

jdub03

h3ro said:
Is this crazy ass chick on the Raw Gameplay stream really giving advice on where to buy bootleg games wholesale?

What the fuck.

Edit: now shes giving URLs and google searches to find sites. ugh

Yeah repping dem pirates.

Dahbomb

salva said:
Do people in this thread actually play the game or do you guys just watch streams?
Been playing this game way too much. I come here when I am on breaks. You will notice that I haven't posted much in OT2 since getting the game. :)

I usually end up missing streams and end up watching them later if they are posted on Youtube.

jdub03

salva said:
Do people in this thread actually play the game or do you guys just watch streams?

I spend more time in training and watching matches then playing, mostly because online blows.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You know what I find cool about this game in particular? The fact that I can put it down for a week or so, come back and still be just as good. First fighting game I've enjoyed enough to never sell.

MoxManiac

You know, I wonder. I know Marvel was heavily involved with their side of the roster, but I wonder if they ever went to Capcom and was like "We'd really like to see this Capcom character added"?

Dahbomb

Holy shit @ the end....

Pixel win on a Dark Phoenix (No X Factor) AGAINST LVL3 X Factor Dark Phoenix.

I was on the edge of my seat. Clockwork with DAT clutch.

jdub03 said:
I spend more time in training and watching matches then playing, mostly because online blows.

This for me as well. Although I put in about 90 minutes online last night, until I just turned off my 360 in fit of rage over the lag. It is very hard to block the faster characters with the lag. I saw ALOT of wolverines last night too.

jdub03

ThatCrazyGuy said:
This for me as well. Although I put in about 90 minutes online last night, until I just turned off my 360 in fit of rage over the lag. It is very hard to block the faster characters with the lag. I saw ALOT of wolverines last night too.

I haven't checked for a while but I think my playtime is 15 online hours and 40 to 50 offline hours. I hope capcom puts out a patch soon.

sleepykyo

salva said:

I'd play online more if it wasn't so functionally deficient. I've gotten more used to the lag, and the rematch thing is nice for players, but I still want ping indicators and the ability to spectate.

As is, I'd rather just spend some time on missions (finally figured out for mission 10 that I have to pause for just bit after the crouching H before going into the spidey swing) and watching streams.

Man, this would have been one of the greatest experiences in the fighting game genre if the online experience were more stable.

I've already got over 500 matches logged and it hasn't even been three weeks since the game launched. A lot of people are going to break 1K easily and in larger numbers than SFIV could ever muster.

I just don't get Capcom or Japanese centric companies and their approach to online features in general. I keep getting the impression that they are actively avoiding a hungry audience by missing out on features that even the smallest western devs consider a gold standard in the online capable generation...

Edit: The vote results are out if anyone is curious.

Link:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelv...b=1&ts=1298754440&ts=1299119443&ts=1299166610

Dahbomb

I always assumed characters like Megaman, Strider, Venom were guaranteed inclusions in MVC3, before this game was out. They will make it in the game some day.

Phoenix Wright at #2 wow.

usea

How do you control which character switches in on an air exchange (that's ending a combo with direction+S right?)? Is it always just whichever character is "next" in the rotation?

Ferrio

Banned
usea said:
How do you control which character switches in on an air exchange (that's ending a combo with direction+S right?)? Is it always just whichever character is "next" in the rotation?

Yep, same with DHCs.

Ferrio

Banned
usea said:
How come in the video linked above (phoenix vs phoenix WNF match) ammy starts a combo, does an air exchange into dr doom, then another one back into ammy even though he had phoenix as a third?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsiIfic0y7c#t=1m06s

NO idea, how the hell did he do that?

jdub03 said:
Are there any armor breaking moves that go through Hsien-ko's assist?

No, you can't break her armor. She does take a ton of damage, also if you snap her in it solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom