• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professor said:
They're actually not hard to add in

We know this. Capcom knows this. But there are no plans currently?

If that's true, Capcom's crazy. There are too many characters for my wallet to not be milked.

If that's not true, Capcom better go crazy. There should be tons of characters added so my wallet is thoroughly milked.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Korigama said:
According to excerpts from a recent interview with the producer on 4gamer, apparently they did. All translation credits go to the Professor of mmcafe.
Capcom doesn't own SFEX? Does that mean they don't own the Street Fighter EX series? WTF?!

enzo_gt said:
Capcom doesn't own SFEX? Does that mean they don't own the Street Fighter EX series? WTF?!
No, they do not.

No characters from it will ever appear in anything ever again, and there will never be sequels or rereleases.

Of course, they could easily buy the rights, but they won't.

sleepykyo

Master Milk said:
We know this. Capcom knows this. But there are no plans currently?

If that's true, Capcom's crazy. There are too many characters for my wallet to not be milked.

If that's not true, Capcom better go crazy. There should be tons of characters added so my wallet is thoroughly milked.

Well there are costumes coming out. Also they are totally adding more dlc characters.

Unless they are planning on a Super MVC/MVC GOTY edition.

Morris

Disco Devil
Just finished all character's missions and endings. I got this in exchange :p
R9N4V.jpg

Fuck yeah!
That icon is so ugly

Morris

Disco Devil
Actually, when you think about it, it's awesome how they decided to put half naked gray dudes in most of the trophies...

This has to be the best icon though

YJVoF.png

Morro! said:
Actually, when you think about it, it's awesome how they decided to put half naked gray dudes in most of the trophies...

This has to be the best icon though

YJVoF.png
How did that make it through the localization process?

Satyamdas

Banned
Hmmmmmm, remember this??

Lostconfused said:
Oh um is this whole "pringles" is because they are chips so its a reference to chip damage? Or is it just entirely random and without meaning?
Satyamdas said:
Pringles is referring to a player being fragile and easily breaking under pressure, much like Pringles chips. If you are Pringles you are weak and crack easily.
HK-47 said:
notsureifserious.jpg

Look it has to do with Magneto/Psylocke popping you up in the air and then Magneto comboing you forever.
Ferrio said:
I thought it was once you pop (up in the air) you can't stop. aka infinite juggles.
El Sloth said:
Saty be trollin

Well let's see what Yipes himself has to say on the subject, today during Battlefield Arcadia, during a SSF4 match.

@ the 1:05:08 mark

"Already the defense is gettin broken down. Hugs is known for being pringles in fighting games. Everyone is pringles but he's just extra wit it."

Then again at 1:05:57 as Rahsaan is getting blown up Yipes says he is looking "emphatically pringles".

Then at 1:06:50, "Nice block there, that was a lucky block, Huggy is pringles."

Nothing to do with Psylock or Magneto, and everything to do with someone's defense cracking under pressure. STAY FREE.

M5JH0.gif

Dreavus

Chamber said:
I was still holding out hope. Oh well, another punch in the dick from Capcom.

Me too. For some reason I had the impression that it barely didn't make it in or something, and was coming down the line (they never confirmed or denied it though). It fucking sucks having no reason to join a lobby with a player cap greater than 2.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Satyamdas said:
Hmmmmmm, remember this??
Like I said at the time.

"Once you pop, the fun don't stop." = Bad defense.

...but I actually went to the trouble of looking up the term back when I first heard it a couple years ago.

usea

Satyamdas said:
Well let's see what Yipes himself has to say on the subject, today during Battlefield Arcadia, during a SSF4 match.

@ the 1:05:08 mark

"Already the defense is gettin broken down. Hugs is known for being pringles in fighting games. Everyone is pringles but he's just extra wit it."

Then again at 1:05:57 as Rahsaan is getting blown up Yipes says he is looking "emphatically pringles".

Then at 1:06:50, "Nice block there, that was a lucky block, Huggy is pringles."

Nothing to do with Psylock or Magneto, and everything to do with someone's defense cracking under pressure. STAY FREE.
Your above evidence could just as easily support the assertion that pringles means salty. Which makes even more sense.

Marvel actually had their own requests that they wanted to see from Capcom's side, but some of them weren't possible due to copyright issues.
You know, it'd be pretty damn awesome if Skullomania was one of the characters Marvel wanted but couldn't get because of the licensing. (Makes sense given Skullomania is a super hero of sorts, too.)

Satyamdas

Banned
usea said:
Your above evidence could just as easily support the assertion that pringles means salty. Which makes even more sense.
No, dude. Salty and Pringles are not interchangeable. A person who loses because of his bad defense might indeed be salty, but Pringles is specifically referencing terrible defense, period.

El Sloth said:
I was hoping for a story about an epic search through many threads. Am disappointed. :(
Honestly it took 3 keywords in a google search to lead me to the exact post. If I had to search through posts page by page, I would have had to forgo the quotes for sure. Thank you based google.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Satyamdas said:
Hmmmmmm, remember this??

M5JH0.gif
I just want to applaud the use of that Ace Ventura gif.

Satyamdas

Banned
usea said:
I'm arguing against his evidence, not his claim.
And even then your argument holds no water because Yipes is clearly referencing Rahsaan's bad defense every time he mentions pringles. If he was talking about Rahsaan being salty, he would've.... I don't know.... said "Huggy is lookin salty"??

haunts

Bacon of Hope
lmao people not knowing what pringles means.

whats funny is youtube comments where I actually win the match and ppl saying im pringles.

i means your defense is ass! its not a compliment.

I'm gonna get so blasted in the first round of Kadey's tournament.

I finally got Morrigan's 10th mission after . . . probably an hour and a half of trying.

I hope the trio's alt costumes fifth color choices don't completely suck. Even though, they're sure to not match, so it's not like I'd really use them much anyway . . . stupid Capcom.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So how do people feel about no spectator mode?

In no way playing damage control here, but Capcom keeps saying they can't put it in due to the immense lag and data that would be required to be transferred. It's easy to call bullshit and say they're not working hard enough to make it work, but what if it truly had too much of a detriment on the actual game being spectated and broke framerate? Is it still fair to hate on Capcom for not providing what is not technically possible?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
enzo_gt said:

In no way playing damage control here, but Capcom keeps saying they can't put it in due to the immense lag and data that would be required to be transferred. It's easy to call bullshit and say they're not working hard enough to make it work, but what if it truly had too much of a detriment on the actual game being spectated and broke framerate? Is it still fair to hate on Capcom for not providing what is not technically possible?

wouldnt make it much worse than it already is. haha

honestly i dunno.. i know there is a lot going on, but it seems there would be a way to send the data, even if it was delayed a bit, to the spectators w/o it having much of an affect on the match going on.

enzo_gt said:

pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't it just be sending inputs like every other fighting game with a spectator mode?

DR2K

Banned
usea said:

They added whoever the fuck they wanted, Strider wasn't added because they didn't want him. they were too busy campaigning for obscure crap like Shumo Garoth and whatnot. Plus they probably have a ton of character ready and waiting for DLC. As far as spectating goes, it's still totally possible to adjust the netcode with spectators in mind. I find it hard to believe MVC3 was too visually intense for spectating, a basic feature in fighters since the Xbox.

"So how do people feel about no spectator mode?"

No spectator mode means I'll probably end up putting more time into MK9 where I can at least stream PSN dicking around.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't it just be sending inputs like every other fighting game with a spectator mode?

right, thats what i was trying to get at. seems like there would be some sort of smoke and mirrors way of implementing it where it wouldnt have anything to do with the two people playing.

haunts said:
wouldnt make it much worse than it already is. haha

honestly i dunno.. i know there is a lot going on, but it seems there would be a way to send the data, even if it was delayed a bit, to the spectators w/o it having much of an affect on the match going on.
This is why I want to call bull. Delay it by a five or ten seconds, hell, let the whole game run at a slower pace if you have to, but get it in there. There's already so much waiting and button pressing going on, people probably wouldn't even notice the delay.

no spectator mode is fucking lame. MVC2 had it. MVC2 also had the option to set time limits (infinite time) in player matches. Why isn't that in MVC3? i love mvc3, i have already put 25 hours into the game, but these things fucking piss me off. they aren't too much to ask for. give us spectator mode. if it gets too laggy then we'll deal with it, but less options are never better.

in other news, someone should start an xbox 360 tournament! i need to fight some fresh meat outside of the madden crew!

enzo_gt said:

Probably I'll back to SSF4 pretty soon. Ranked mode is already dead and the only people I can play are some friends around here so it'll be party game. Maybe I'll sell it and buy it back when it is cheap. Just for my collection.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
I wonder this too, since it is all inputs, but according to Capcom, those bytes add up.

But you do point out that this isn't dissimilar to the systems in every other fighting game, so if 6 other players can't simulate the game through inputs, maybe values for regenerating health or something of the sort is also being transmitted.

It really still is a mystery, and I wish Seth or someone would just straight up explain what the deal is so that we are not weaned through translated interviews from the Japanese devs.

But how does delaying the transmission of the inputs/data to the spectating players change anything if the problem is with the size of the data being transmitted anyways? Lag the game now vs. lag the game 5 seconds from now.

haunts said:
right, thats what i was trying to get at. seems like there would be some sort of smoke and mirrors way of implementing it where it wouldnt have anything to do with the two people playing.
I think Blazblue had a nice solution where spectators were on a short "tape delay". Again, I'm not at all knowledgeable on how spectator mode is implemented, so it's just a random thought.

enzo_gt said:
I wonder this too, since it is all inputs, but according to Capcom, those bytes add up.

But you do point out that this isn't dissimilar to the systems in every other fighting game, so if 6 other players can't simulate the game through inputs, maybe values for regenerating health or something of the sort is also being transmitted.

It really still is a mystery, and I wish Seth or someone would just straight up explain what the deal is so that we are not weaned through translated interviews from the Japanese devs.

But how does delaying the transmission of the inputs/data to the spectating players change anything if the problem is with the size of the data being transmitted anyways? Lag the game now vs. lag the game 5 seconds from now.
I know it's a way older game, but MvC2 deals with the same amount of spectating data input-wise.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The one who designed online for this game should be castrated and his balls should be hanged in Times Square with the text "I can't do online infrastructure for shit, and now that I have your attention, look at my balls" every day for 2 straight years until Capcom decides to fix this piece of shit unplayable horseshit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
I know it's a way older game, but MvC2 deals with the same amount of spectating data input-wise.
I never went online with MvC2 much, I thought it only showed you health bars? That's what I thought I read in another GAF thread anyways.

If not, WTF CAPCOM?!
Yoshichan said:
The one who designed online for this game should be castrated and his balls should be hanged in Times Square with the text "I can't do online infrastructure for shit, and now that I have your attention, look at my balls" every day for 2 straight years until Capcom decides to fix this piece of shit unplayable horseshit.
Capcom is a consistently bad online developer. Lost Planet, this, everything.

Why the fuck does it not just re-try? Why the fuck does it kick me back to the main menu? FFS this is basic 2005 GRAW kind of online feature implentation. Japanese standards for online video games piss me right the fuck off.

DR2K

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I never went online with MvC2 much, I thought it only showed you health bars? That's what I thought I read in another GAF thread anyways.

If not, WTF CAPCOM?!

It only shows health bars when you come in mid match.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
No spectator mode combined with the already shoddy state of online play is a big blow for sure. I don't see MvC3 having much longevity with the casual community. Most of my friends list (including Gaffers) seem to have already moved on.

Really disappointing considering how good the actual game is.

Capcom is really on a fucking roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom