• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimoo said:
you're going down. DOWN.
We'll see about that! >=(

I really wish that there was spectator mode. I wouldn't mind commentating a few matches. I can only commentate cards bumping and grinding in the lobby and that can only go so far.

Neki

spindashing said:
We'll see about that! >=(

I really wish that there was spectator mode. I wouldn't mind commentating a few matches. I can only commentate cards bumping and grinding in the lobby and that can only go so far.

they should have made the cards fight each other for real, performing moves like air combos and hyper combos, lawl.

Ultimoo said:
they should have made the cards fight each other for real, performing moves like air combos and hyper combos, lawl.
The world isn't ready for a Level 3 X-Factor Card hitting L rocket punch into super.

I'm trying to recreate Rex0r's Sentinel Hard Drive shenanigans from UFGT7 this past weekend, but to no avail. Any help on how to do this? I've been trying to do a Tiger Knee motion for the Hard Drive after OTG > Hyper Sentinel Force, but I can't seem to get the Hard Drive out, or I just end up with Plasma. Am I on the right track?

Also, when I do the "Tiger Knee" Hard Drive (on its own, since I can't seem to link the above), how do I do the second Hard Drive? I just end up with Plasma. Do I need to do another Tiger Knee?

FromTheFuture said:
I'm trying to recreate Rex0r's Sentinel Hard Drive shenanigans from UFGT7 this past weekend, but to no avail. Any help on how to do this? I've been trying to do a Tiger Knee motion for the Hard Drive after OTG > Hyper Sentinel Force, but I can't seem to get the Hard Drive out, or I just end up with Plasma. Am I on the right track?

Also, when I do the "Tiger Knee" Hard Drive (on its own, since I can't seem to link the above), how do I do the second Hard Drive? I just end up with Plasma. Do I need to do another Tiger Knee?
Try using a pad you're not used to.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
I like both spin and Ultimoo. I don't know who to root for. :(
Well assuming we both get through our brackets, MATCH OF THE CENTURY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I'd rather dethrone Q though.

Nils said:
Heavens help me. Managed to find a cheap TE stick on Amazon finally and it just arrived. Feels like I'm almost entirely back to square one. I'm consistently messing up shoryukens in combos where they have to be performed quickly and DP moves mess up like 75% of the time.

Trying to hold it using the wineglass method, which doesn't seem to be much of a problem and I found out it's best I let the stick go into neutral after a launch. Was messing up almost every air shoryuken move before I figured that one out. Anyone got any other basic tips? May buy an octagonal gate if it's too hard to get used to.
I've gotten better, but I'm still probably not as consistent with those motions on the TE as I am on a good dpad. I want to try a hitbox and see how that compares.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Shit we learned from UFGT7: Tron is legit on point if she has the right assists.

SmokeMaxX said:
It's different, but the flowchart is correct. It branches into "yes" and "no" just in an ugly fashion.

Yeah. I made that in like 5 minutes. Surprised anybody even bothered to save it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lost Fragment said:
Shit we learned from UFGT7: Tron is legit on point if she has the right assists.

Yeah. I made that in like 5 minutes. Surprised anybody even bothered to save it.
Didn't Clakey D use Tron on point a long while ago?

Alucrid

Banned
Nils said:
Heavens help me. Managed to find a cheap TE stick on Amazon finally and it just arrived. Feels like I'm almost entirely back to square one. I'm consistently messing up shoryukens in combos where they have to be performed quickly and DP moves mess up like 75% of the time.

Trying to hold it using the wineglass method, which doesn't seem to be much of a problem and I found out it's best I let the stick go into neutral after a launch. Was messing up almost every air shoryuken move before I figured that one out. Anyone got any other basic tips? May buy an octagonal gate if it's too hard to get used to.

You get used to it. Sadly I find that being fine with a stick in MvC has no positive effect on my SF skills.

Anybody up for some games?
spindashing said:
A heads up to those registered for the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 PSN GAF Tournament:

It starts tomorrow. The starting matches are in the OP.
This just came out of nowhere. I figured things were going to be delayed even longer thanks to the PSN fiasco. I guess I'm going to need some balls to the wall training tonight.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Anybody up for some games?

This just came out of nowhere. I figured things were going to be delayed even longer thanks to the PSN fiasco. I guess I'm going to need some balls to the wall training tonight.
wish i could help you train but i refuse to use the reg xbox pad.

shaowebb

jdub03 said:
Any modok players want to play a few matches before I study? I need some ideas of how to get in.

No real time due to trying to learn zbrush and 3ds max in 2 weeks for a project, but Akuma Tatsu assist, wesker teleports, Dante jump canceling into spinny guns of doom, and ranged knockdown like Da Pipe tend to fuck up MODOK for me when I play him and for others when I play them.

jdub03

shaowebb said:
No real time due to trying to learn zbrush and 3ds max in 2 weeks for a project, but Akuma Tatsu assist, wesker teleports, Dante jump canceling into spinny guns of doom, and ranged knockdown like Da Pipe tend to fuck up MODOK for me when I play him and for others when I play them.

I mean how to get in using modok. I always find myself zoning, but I see his huge rushdown potential.

Man, the D-pad on these Hori FCs is stiff as all hell. I'm gonna have to rub the damn thing all night with my thumb in the hopes that it loosens up a bit.
smurfx said:
wish i could help you train but i refuse to use the reg xbox pad.
What do you mean by this? Do you have a PS3?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is anyone going to record (presumably their own) MvC3 PSN Tourney matches? Or Solar's "warm up" session? I would totally watch those if someone records their own matches.

I had some decent games, but this D-pad is going to be a real problem...

Also, lame tactics in fighting games are quite possibly the most infuriating way to play a game in any genre. I myself understand that it's a legitimate strategy, but holy shit it is annoying as fuck(especially when your Ammy feels like she is wearing lead doggie boots).

Ultimoo said:
Anyone on PSN GAF want to play soon? I need practice so I don't get raped in my match. D:
why do you ask at 11:18PM, why.

Send the invite.

I'm up for some practice tomorrow. My match doesn't start until Wednesday. Don't lose or anything, gigglegigglesnort.

I'll probably lose my first match but I at least want to beat two people!

enzo_gt said:
Is anyone going to record (presumably their own) MvC3 PSN Tourney matches? Or Solar's "warm up" session? I would totally watch those if someone records their own matches.
I've actually got one of those video recorder thingamajigs, but I didn't read up on it fully and it needs a pretty funky wire setup in order to work. I bought it so that I could record my BlazBlue:CS matches, but I never got around to it. It'll probably find some use with Mahvel since it's still pretty new.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
I had some decent games, but this D-pad is going to be a real problem...

Also, lame tactics in fighting games are quite possibly the most infuriating way to play a game in any genre. I myself understand that it's a legitimate strategy, but holy shit it is annoying as fuck(especially when your Ammy feels like she is wearing lead doggie boots).

why do you ask at 11:18PM, why.

Send the invite.

Have you fixed your connection? Last time we played it was terribad lag. I'll be in PSN GAF chat until then.

Rorschach

biosnake20 said:
Heh clips from other tournaments...

aZNkG.jpg

:facepalm.

Nose Master

Are there any archives up of SF4/Marvel for UFGT7 yet? All I can find is MK / SF1 / Melty / That weird bowling game.

EDIT: Nvm. Didn't realized each archive section had "parts"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
biosnake20 said:
great japanese combo vid with the rexor sentinel combo in it. Sorry if old

http://www.youtube.com/user/SMOAI2010#p/u/24/j2p1LOCQBNE
I thought this was going to be lame at first, but wow. Meter burning combos for so many characters. Some of this stuff could actually be applied in matches for dire situations.

I didn't even know you COULD combo out of half of those hypers. Props for posting. I assume the timing required is strict as hell.

Waikis

2Crisis said:
is this really real? "For there only shot" ...

Also, I'm super pumped for CEO but Jebaily is just so full of himself it makes me laugh.

"Fan Made Trailer done by First year FIlm Student Johann of the Orlando Fighting Game Community."

2Crisis

Waikis said:
"Fan Made Trailer done by First year FIlm Student Johann of the Orlando Fighting Game Community."

Fair enough, as a film school graduate I take back my critiques of the trailer then.

However, they still should have proofread the text. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom