• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

shaowebb said:
Okay, I've been in the lab and I think I found something that's useless on the computer but could be big against human opponents.

MODOK/Magneto/Sentinel
Perform a simple 3 cube combo with MODOK and then run. Now that you have some cubes start using Magneto's magnetic grab assist while inputting your EX-version of your bomb. This summons the Jamming Bomb and if you're hit with it the blue bomb reverses your opponents directional inputs for a short while. Now start throwin sentinel assists and puddles and try to combo into more point blank Jamming Bombs whilst those slow ass drones keep them on guard.

Between the puddle's linger, the bomb reversing their inputs, and the drones keeping them on the defensive I've kept people's inputs completely destroyed to the point that I'm not certain which way they should block after awhile. Nice thing is you can extend combos with either the bomb or more analyze cubes that will give another level of understanding to get more jamming bombs.

I'm gonna try to come up with something legitimate with this Jamming Bomb deal, but so far the only solid I know about it is Magneto assist into it is pretty sure to land you a jamming bomb on them and after 1 you can generally run shenanigans with it.

Could anyone who has actually had time to practice here maybe help with this? I'm pretty shit tier right now considering I took about a month off to build a portfolio site and start learning some Zbrush.

What's the best midscreen combo with modok. I learned a 6 cube corner combo but usually never get into a situation to do it. Are there any cube combos midscreen?

Neki

jdub03 said:
What's the best midscreen combo with modok. I learned a 6 cube corner combo but usually never get into a situation to do it. Are there any cube combos midscreen?
someone plays modok on PSN and he always trolls me all day. just utilize his godlike overheads and his ground bounce and you can get some easy 500k+ combos.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Waikis said:
Keep playing, dont bother playing online matches if you are new to the game.Try the arcade mode first just to get the hang of the game mechanics. Then you can start looking for bnb combos.

Yeah online will bring you saltiness at this stade of the game if you are new. Perfects are going to be rolling down like no tomorrow. Practice like a mad man lol.

Man I love ragemail.

Some guy sends me a message titled "Same moves bro." I guess he didn't like my BnBs. This guy wasn't that great. He didn't DHC nor did he complete usual BnBs for characters like X-23, Wolverine or Dante so I saw those openings and used them.

Then after responding "I could say the same thing about you", he responds with:

Iigdgm.jpg

I couldn't stop laughing. I'm still chuckling as we speak. So I responded the only way I knew how.

fjw0fm.jpg

I guess he didn't like that because he sent me:

S52Ram.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

I'm not sure if he got it or not but I quickly sent:
hOWCUm.jpg

The question is: Why eventually put me on your blocklist if you're the one who initiated the ragemail? It was supposed to be me who blocked you due to your saltyness.

He should have been honored to play a Joe, we're a dying breed. u_u

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone else having problems with SRK? The past few days, everytime I attempt to click on a thread, the link crashes my browser. I can navigate the forums fine, but it's the topics themselves that keep crashing my shit (Safari).

LakeEarth

I got some hatemail yesterday. When I make a lobby I set it to "advanced players only" cause I hate beating on bad players. Well apparently I wasn't good enough for someone cause he beat me once and left, sending me this:
hoikam EXE 5/29/2011
your not advanced..... noob.

So annoying. I told him since was ranked "fighter" I went easy on him, then challenged him a second time. But by that time someone respectful joined my room so I just blocked him.

Some people are so immature. But I did just get some mail saying "good playing you."

There is some good in the Mahvel world, but salt and pringles get thrown around too much.

jdub03

Ultimoo said:
someone plays modok on PSN and he always trolls me all day. just utilize his godlike overheads and his ground bounce and you can get some easy 500k+ combos.

Right now I'm just zoning with sentinel drones his psionic beam and cubes. I need a better strategy so I can get some combos going.

Alucrid

Banned
shaowebb said:

There was a post a while back of a Japanese Modok player doing some crazy shit.

spindashing said:

I get lame hate mail.

"if that aint cheap then nothin else is"

"can i geta pic of ur ass?"

"its bs i pick to search for someone with the same rank and all i get is people like you"

"u play the game too much... gamehead" & "no im fine u jus a gamehead... not a laughing matter..."

shaowebb

Alucrid said:
There was a post a while back of a Japanese Modok player doing some crazy shit.

I get lame hate mail.

"if that aint cheap then nothin else is"

"can i geta pic of ur ass?"

"its bs i pick to search for someone with the same rank and all i get is people like you"

"u play the game too much... gamehead" & "no im fine u jus a gamehead... not a laughing matter..."

All I could find were some Godlike but non jamming bomb combos from Japan. Do you still have the link?

Also, my mail is usually a pretty mixed bag.

" I hate your team, but I respect your right to them." (In response to Hulk/Sentinel /Task filling the screen with shit and chasing him into hulk invincibles)

" You mom sux for giving briht to you." (in response to Wolverine/taskmaster/She-Hulk)

" most head I evr got you cn sux my dick." ( In response to Modok/Magneto/Sentinel)

"gg" (in response to Haggar/C. Viper/ Sentinel experiment I ran)

Alucrid

Banned
shaowebb said:
All I could find were some Godlike but non jamming bomb combos from Japan. Do you still have the link?

Also, my mail is usually a pretty mixed bag.

" I hate your team, but I respect your right to them." (In response to Hulk/Sentinel /Task filling the screen with shit and chasing him into hulk invincibles)

" You mom sux for giving briht to you." (in response to Wolverine/taskmaster/She-Hulk)

" most head I evr got you cn sux my dick." ( In response to Modok/Magneto/Sentinel)

"gg" (in response to Haggar/C. Viper/ Sentinel experiment I ran)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7UdCt5NWjE&feature=player_embedded

I don't know if they use jamming bomb combos.

shaowebb

Alucrid said:

Great video. I can't really tell either. The nice thing about those bombs is if you do them point blank like in these combos you never see the bomb you just see the explosion. Your character looks funky if you hit him with one, but if you hit him with several who knows which direction your supposed to push to block.

I don't have anyone to practice this with. Could someone test to see if the second jamming bomb resets your inputs to normal? Even if it doesn't it really fucks people up just to reverse them, but at least I'd know to try for more hits instead of more bombs.

shaowebb said:
Good assists during combo for slipping a jamming bomb
  • Dante Jam Session
  • Ammy Cold Star
  • Doom Hidden Missile
  • Sentinel Drones
  • Wolverine Berzerker Barrage works since bombs home

Tron Gustav Flame and a lot of other stuff works too. Just try to avoid using OTG or Wall Bouncers because it's rather wasteful considering you'll only be shortening your combos for MODOK by using them via assists...though Ghost Butterfly would probably be nice to at least rock them into another cube.

Wesker's Jaguar Kick works also, but how do you get Tron flame to work? I haven't figure that out yet.

I snapback after landing Jamming Bomb(I really should just use the snapback only if Phoenix is on the other team or an assist with alot of red). The character that got snapped controls are reverse next time he comes in.

Alucrid said:
Good Stuff but no jamming bomb in that vid. Sucks he can't combo it alone.

shaowebb said:
I don't have anyone to practice this with. Could someone test to see if the second jamming bomb resets your inputs to normal? Even if it doesn't it really fucks people up just to reverse them, but at least I'd know to try for more hits instead of more bombs.
I haven't tested this out but I would assume they just stay in reverse. If you want to try practice alone, you can set the button config for Dummy Control.

Ultimoo said:
why do you ask at 3:43AM, why.
I've decided to put the extra hours into the PS3 version. I'm really determined to make it work so that I'm as confident as I am on the 360. Also, I woke up a little while ago and I really missed playing Marvel.

:(

Edit: It's also nearly six in the morning where I live(Not that it's any less crazy lol).

SolarPowered said:
I've decided to put the extra hours into the PS3 version. I'm really determined to make it work so that I'm as confident as I am on the 360. Also, I woke up a little while ago and I really missed playing Marvel.

Edit: It's also nearly six in the morning where I live(Not that it's any less crazy lol).
SolarPowered

I spent about an hour tinkering around in the lab and the Hori Fighting Commander is a lot easier to handle now. Trying to perform Morrigan's dashes is still giving me some issues and I'm having some problems with Ammy's weapon change combos, but it's a much smoother experience than it was the first time.

Now I just need some patsies...
Professor Beef said:
SolarPowered
It's really cloudy around my area today so...

The Int3rsect said:
Anyone here going to Revelations?
I'm local, so I'm thinking I might go.

Kaizer said:
Got this game from Gamefly a few days ago and jesus I suck terribly, terribly hard at it. I've consistently lost all 15 Online Matches I've been in so far and I'm sorta pissed. I can't pull off any of the character special attacks for the life of me. I've been trying to practice in Training Mode but I don't think I'm getting the hang out of it. I usually don't play fighting games because I mostly just mash buttons, but I really wish I could play MvC3 properly and enjoy it. Any tips on how to get better?
If you're just starting out and you want to have fun, skip the online. Ideally, play locally with a friend who's also a beginner. If you have trouble doing the super move commands, remember that you can hit both assist buttons at the same time to activate a Team Super that uses up to 3 meters at once.

Grecco

Also i find it annoying how some characters have to put in a hell of alot more work to deal the damage others do.

Its alot harder to do 600k with Dante than it is with Wolverine ugh.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Heavens help me. Managed to find a cheap TE stick on Amazon finally and it just arrived. Feels like I'm almost entirely back to square one. I'm consistently messing up shoryukens in combos where they have to be performed quickly and DP moves mess up like 75% of the time.

Trying to hold it using the wineglass method, which doesn't seem to be much of a problem and I found out it's best I let the stick go into neutral after a launch. Was messing up almost every air shoryuken move before I figured that one out. Anyone got any other basic tips? May buy an octagonal gate if it's too hard to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom