• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
I thought this was going to be lame at first, but wow. Meter burning combos for so many characters. Some of this stuff could actually be applied in matches for dire situations.

I didn't even know you COULD combo out of half of those hypers. Props for posting. I assume the timing required is strict as hell.

those 5 bar combos are godlike.

edit: FRICK THAT WESKER COMBO GOD DAMN
edit2: Capcom is definitely going to patch out that web throw combo, wow.

Rorschach

Yeah, they burn crazy meter, but I've often seen guys with 5 meters and nothing to use them on as an anchor. Could come in handy when you run out of x-factor and have the other guy in the corner. Probably not often, but it helped last night! :p

Spidey one is the most feasible.

Neki

As soon as I saw Ammy with sword I knew what 5 bar combo he was going to do, lol.
edit: doing a hard drive after a hyper sentinel force is super hard, wow. also, someone needs to do that double gravity squeeze combo in a tournament, so hype.

edit:

@solar: I'm not really feeling the hsien-ko on point. she doesn't have strong rushdown options, and it seems like you're not too familiar with her ranged capabilities. why don't you just do gold armor and tag out? your morrigan wasn't too bad either, you might need to learn some solo combos without assists, but they were looking okay. Your ammy was probably the best, but that's because Sentinel and Tron are so free to her sometimes, I think Ammy crouching under Tron when she does jumping H works sometimes, I was getting exposed. I think your team would be a lot stronger if you gold armor'd, tagged in Ammy and blew up assists and people with it.

@seph: lool, needed all 9 games to decide the winner. I was getting pretty salty when you won 3 times in a row, jeez. Your wesker gives me nightmares, seriously, all the mix-ups you pull when I'm coming in is soooo annoying. I also can't believe you can hit-confirm gun from so far away, especially under lag. good games though, you actually switched teams when I just wanted to win, lol. my favourite moment is when you Magneto magnetic shockwaved twice while my Tron was coming in and she acted like nothing happened.

Ultimoo said:
@solar: I'm not really feeling the hsien-ko on point. she doesn't have strong rushdown options, and it seems like you're not too familiar with her ranged capabilities. why don't you just do gold armor and tag out? your morrigan wasn't too bad either, you might need to learn some solo combos without assists, but they were looking okay. Your ammy was probably the best, but that's because Sentinel and Tron are so free to her sometimes, I think Ammy crouching under Tron when she does jumping H works sometimes, I was getting exposed. I think your team would be a lot stronger if you gold armor'd, tagged in Ammy and blew up assists and people with it.
I never got that hang of the input on the 360 pad because I'd jump whenever I tried it(or I'd end wasting a bar on Chireitou) so I just subconsciously gave up on it. I just spent half an hour working on the dashes and golden mode which helped me quite a bit.

The Hori pad is way better in the D-pad area because the input for Rimoukon no longer results in jumping mistakes. The buttons on the Hori coupled with the D-pad also make dashes easier to perform. I no longer have to press towards any direction twice anymore. A simple two button press along with a specific direction is much more successful. I would've figured it out had I spent more time on the PS3 version, but it just seemed like no one was ever on(it's lively as hell all of a sudden) so I started playing other games.

Things are looking much better from here on out.

Edit:
I read your comment, Smurfx. There is only one way to settle this. :p

Played MK for a few days and switching back to MvC3 was a pain in the ass at first. Getting blown up while holding down a button to block.

In better news think I've finally decided on a team. She-Hulk / Task / Akuma. I love DHC's She-Hulk's hyper to Tasky's up arrows hyper, so much freaking damage.

Played MK for a few days and switching back to MvC3 was a pain in the ass at first. Getting blown up while holding down a button to block.

In better news think I've finally decided on a team. She-Hulk / Task / Akuma. I love DHC's She-Hulk's hyper to Tasky's up arrows hyper, so much freaking damage.
I played MK for a day and had no issues transitioning back, but it might be because I played MK on a pad, and MvC3 on a stick. I went 10-1 against my BIL with Sub-Zero after 5 minutes of training mode. I just turtled like Tom Brady did when he used the character - lolz.

Azure J

That Japanese meter burning video reminded me of why I wanted to play a team with a meter building assist and character(s) that build meter fast. At the same time though, some of that shit is straight broken. Wesker combo was HOLY SHIT WAT, and the Spidey stuff is surprisingly tame since I know the guy that came up with it at first. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Double Gravity Squeeze has already been done in a tournament match. Josh Wong @ the Break Weekly.
Yup. It was done once a long long time ago before too, as well as the Spidey loop. I believe EvilRahsaan has put the spidey loop into practice multiple times in the rare chance that his Spidey manages to get someone into the corner.

The spidey loop just looks too crazy easy of an infinite to do, especially considering the ridiculous amount of damage it does.

Azure J

Going back to that video, even though that Zero Sougenmu loop isn't new, the additional stuff used during that combo was pretty damn boss to see.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chavelo said:
DAT DORMAMMU COMBO...

Can't wait to practice it. :D

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCIv_f60Fo

Deadpool Taunt+DHC = ???

Would be a crowd pleaser if pulled off...
I remember seeing this in a combo video before too, the use of the taunt button to extend combos, but the title is a bit deceptive. Since he doesn't even use Deadpool to initiate the DHC trick.

Man I've watched way too much Marvel compared to playing it. I just got frustrated playing ranked because I never get paired up with anyone of my skill level. No scrubs playing ranked anymore basically. Oh and like people mentioned before, Iron Man combos don't work online. Period. That's overlapping 2 layers of uncertainty right there.

Chavelo said:
There is something VERY WRONG with this post...

VERY

WRONG
He's always been my anchor... He hasn't failed me since. Or he's usually second on my team.

Relax. =X

I'm looking to using a different team. My offline buddies are all finding a second team to their usuals and I'm the only one who's stuck with my Joe/Deadpool/Taskmaster team. DHC options are nice; I once had Joe/Taskmaster/Wesker. I feel Joe's holding me back though, but I'll miss his Mach Speed which is one of my favorite supers of the game. It's so invincible at start up -- it's good for blowing up assists as well as random supers.

Not sure where to start though.

Spider-Man does interest me, though.

Edit: actually nevermind. I want Taskmaster on point. >_>

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I just "discovered" FADC. Holy shit this site is incredibly well made. It's pretty much perfect for fighting game fans wanting to watch matches they missed out on in events or anything.

Here is the grand finals from an Battlefield Arcadia tourney 4 days ago: Chris G vs. Yipes. With Chris G coming out of losers.

Clenched buttcheeks all the way through.. both of these guys are WAY too good at this game. So many tricks and prophetic even punishes on display. Gets the Enzo stamp of approval if you just want to see some really solid play from two very knowledgeable players.

enzo_gt said:
Yup. It was done once a long long time ago before too, as well as the Spidey loop. I believe EvilRahsaan has put the spidey loop into practice multiple times in the rare chance that his Spidey manages to get someone into the corner.

The spidey loop just looks too crazy easy of an infinite to do, especially considering the ridiculous amount of damage it does.

Harder than it looks but not bad once you get the rhythm down. It's a dash under launch cancel H Web Throw. He can slip behind characters when they bounce for some reason. Just have to get a webthrow with your back to the corner and boom, dead character :p

Web throw not scaling ftw.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Killa Sasa said:
Harder than it looks but not bad once you get the rhythm down. It's a dash under launch cancel H Web Throw. He can slip behind characters when they bounce for some reason. Just have to get a webthrow with your back to the corner and boom, dead character :p

Web throw not scaling ftw.
Do all command throws not scale, or is it just web throw? Such as Thor's, Sent's, etc.

EDIT: Bah I read the date wrong on the match. Fail :(

Dahbomb

The Spider Man web throw loop isn't THAT easy (at least on a D-pad for me personally). For one, you are cancelling the launch into the Web throw meaning you are doing HCB, Up/Back (tiger kneeing the half circle motion to cancel the pre-jump frames).

I have been playing Iron Man religiously as of late and that's why I haven't made too many posts in this thread the last few days or so. The Krispy Kreme combo (the one where he Flight cancels the standing H) is a hard combo to get down but there is really only one hard component and that is essentially linking the fly cancel into either L or M. Linking to L is easier.

The "autopilot" combo is easier I think I might have to stick with that.

And picked up Chris too who is FUN as hell. With a GTFO assist he is a pain in the ass.

Crocodile

AzureJericho said:
The Phoenix omission has to be some kind of trolling but in all seriousness, how is Akuma not Rock, Paper, Scissors or (more appropriately after that one match) Heads or Tails tier? Playing him on anchor with lvl. 3 X-Factor on deck is the stuff the brinest comebacks are made of. :lol

I'm sorry but this match is HILARIOUS. I feel kind of bad for the opponent and commend him for reigning in the saltiness.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
The Spider Man web throw loop isn't THAT easy (at least on a D-pad for me personally). For one, you are cancelling the launch into the Web throw meaning you are doing HCB, Up/Back (tiger kneeing the half circle motion to cancel the pre-jump frames).

I have been playing Iron Man religiously as of late and that's why I haven't made too many posts in this thread the last few days or so. The Krispy Kreme combo (the one where he Flight cancels the standing H) is a hard combo to get down but there is really only one hard component and that is essentially linking the fly cancel into either L or M. Linking to L is easier.

The "autopilot" combo is easier I think I might have to stick with that.

And picked up Chris too who is FUN as hell. With a GTFO assist he is a pain in the ass.
Yeah just tried doing it myself, I spoke too soon. Much trickier than I thought when it comes to execution.

Also, what do you use to start IM combos from the air, down H, S or j.M? Not including smart bomb setups. To be clear, is it combo specific or do you universally use one specific normal in the air? I'm not sure which is best exactly, as I've found all 3 kind of useful outright, but I'm wondering if there is a "go-to" one to use.

Nose Master

Reallly trying to learn Modok. It sucks that I can get away with cube/beam spam in 90% of matches, though :/. Still trying to do the 2x wavedash followup (midscreen combo) reliably.

Man, Taskmaster is ridiculous no matter where you put him on your team. I'm actually really damn jealous that him, Magneto and Sent have such an easy time hooking up their hypers. Ammy and Morrigan are great, but playing these games keeps leading me back to the same grim conclusion. Hsien-Ko is gonna get left in the dust in a few more months when this game evolves. I can't even connect a second Tenrai-Ha off a relaunch because they get up after the first cannonball drops on them while Magneto gets double Gravity squeeze and Tasky laughs as he pierces your innards with bubblegum pink arrows of doom(shit is the stuff of nightmares lol). Those guys are really where they are supposed to be at(trying to say that they are great and not necessarily broken, but I'm sure people will still read it that way). I just want something that is not centered around Rimoukon though...

Anyone have any matches or videos with her in it?
Nose Master said:
Reallly trying to learn Modok. It sucks that I can get away with cube/beam spam in 90% of matches, though :/. Still trying to do the 2x wavedash followup (midscreen combo) reliably.
I'm still waiting for the promise of a crazy ass Modok that puts all of the top tier characters to shame. I remember how people were hyping him as the new Sentinel killer.

Kimosabae

Banned
I actually find the Krispy Kreme combo and its variations to be much easier than Autopilot. That's strange. Maybe it's because you play on pad why our thorns are switched. When I mess up the Autopilot combo it's because I didn't hit neutral after Unfly and I end up getting Exchange after attempting to Air Dash DF due to input leniency, which is a problem you probably would find much easier to mitigate on pad (getting neutral is as easy as pressing another button or nothing at all).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
Man, Taskmaster is ridiculous no matter where you put him on your team. I'm actually really damn jealous that him, Magneto and Sent have such an easy time hooking up their hypers. Ammy and Morrigan are great, but playing these games keeps leading me back to the same grim conclusion. Hsien-Ko is gonna get left in the dust in a few more months when this game evolves. I can't even connect a second Tenrai-Ha off a relaunch because they get up after the first cannonball drops on them while Magneto gets double Gravity squeeze and Tasky laughs as he pierces your innards with bubblegum pink arrows of doom(shit is the stuff of nightmares lol). Those guys are really where they are supposed to be at(trying to say that they are great and not necessarily broken, but I'm sure people will still read it that way). I just want something that is not centered around Rimoukon though...

Anyone have any matches or videos with her in it?

I'm still waiting for the promise of a crazy ass Modok that puts all of the top tier characters to shame. I remember how people were hyping him as the new Sentinel killer.
Taskmaster and Dormammu are the top 2 characters that work equally amazing at any 3 of the positions on the team. Dante I suppose too, but he's considerably better on point.

Arrows already do way too much damage too, Taskmaster is Top 5 for me.

Taskmaster's arrows decimate assists. A couple of arrows(not hyper) will take off nearly 1/5th or Morrigan's life. Is there no damage scaling on the arrows?
God's Beard said:
I've been working on my Joe/MODOK/Felicia team, so maybe I'll be the chosen one? :-o
He walks among us, but he is not one of us.

MODOK

Neki

I also now have winning records against most of PSN-GAF, besides Q, who has like, 12 wins on me, rofl. I'll get him one day!

@Kars: oh god, Sentinel on point is so annoying, Ammy gets touched once and she's dead. :( That last game Tron was beating up on Sent like crazy though, rofl. Too bad for d/cs. Your dorm has such a long time to hit-confirm it's ridiculous, can't believe that actually even works. I got nothing to say about your doom besides you got me with that full screen footdive that one time, rofl, besides that, he was probably your weakest character. Hidden missile spam is unbearable though, ugh. My favourite comeback is the Tron reverse OCV, how does Tron come back? lol? Sentinel XF3 also put you down a couple of times. Too bad I don't have any other teams, you were switching it up pretty well. Also, touch of death combos on Tron are imba. :D

Neki

enzo_gt said:
The Break absolutely destroys any mid-week productivity I may have..

..but it's always so good. Better than WNF even. Swag. Woop.

All I keep hearing is swag. SWAG. SWAG.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
enzo_gt said:
Taskmaster and Dormammu are the top 2 characters that work equally amazing at any 3 of the positions on the team. Dante I suppose too, but he's considerably better on point.

Arrows already do way too much damage too, Taskmaster is Top 5 for me.
Wesker will see you pay for this post

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Wesker will see you pay for this post
Considerably better on point and anchor instead of mid. But he is better than Dante on mid so I guess he qualifies.

They're talking about Daigo now, and my opinion on him has changed a bit since before. He'll do well, but not top 8. Tokido is top 16 for sure, but the amount of learning and adapting Daigo will have to do to not only do well, but to surpass Tokido at this game, whilst practicing Arcade Edition, is pretty significant. We'll see at ReveLAtions though, when we can actually judge his capability, but we haven't seen anything truly out of the ordinary from the clips in his video. However, I'll be watching CEO unless someone mentions he is on stream.

I thought he'd do well, but I'm thinking now between East Coast and West Coast, there are too many absolutely gdlk players with an incredible amount of experience with so many different teams that I have put Daigo-Factor into question. If he pulls it off, the dude is certified omnipotent.

MASTA CJ FOR EVO CHAMP.

EDIT: Is that EvilRahsaan on the stream? Spidey's unblockable grab hyper is just dominating right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom