• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man that was SUCH a great match. I'd love to see Viscant back on Cross Counter dissecting that match. He was legit, can't wait to see more from him. I'll imagine he'll come back knowing that matchup better.

But damn, DAT ARM.

USD

The recovery of Phoenix Inferno is long, but it looks even worse because of the sequence of events.

-With Phoenix right on top of him, Combofiend goes for Arm immediately after Phoenix activates, then DHCs as the move hits Tron
-He then immediately X-Factor cancels the Aegis Counter

When Combofiend XFCs, Inferno is just barely off-screen. But still, Taskmaster completely whiffs the first Web Swing and still gets the combo.

kirblar

Adam Prime said:
Man that was SUCH a great match. I'd love to see Viscant back on Cross Counter dissecting that match. He was legit, can't wait to see more from him. I'll imagine he'll come back knowing that matchup better.

But damn, DAT ARM.
I was in shock that Viscant didn't know Bionic Arm was completely invulnerable for most of it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay from the sounds of it, last night's WNF was a riot. Watching it now, I saw one of those GIFs and quickly looked away so not to spoil it.

LakeEarth

kirblar said:
I was in shock that Viscant didn't know Bionic Arm was completely invulnerable for most of it.
I'm sure he knew, he probably thought he was far enough that the invulnerability would run out and the inferno would hit, but instead it traded.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Love the outtakes about as much as the actual videos.

Azure J

darkblade77 said:
And thus Captain Falcon was born.

Crazy shit, easily the best Marvel set I've seen in a long time.

I'm sorry, but I love this fucking response so much. Conceived by flame and fist... :lol

Agreed with your second comment though, and that's just crazy considering all the shit that went down in UFGT7. I'm crazy hype to see new stuff between the usual venues and Revalations now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That Mike Ross Old Spice glare, and the upside down Mike Ross cam. It's funny, Mike Ross plays the best Storm, Thor and Hulk, but his teams with them and Sent always get blown up, usually through assist punishes.
DAT TASTU SENT TECHNOLOGY
Good to see James "It was very close but I lost" Chen.
Ammy's counter blows up Tron so bad. Tron's options go from like 1 to 0 :lol
Combofiend's zero second, 5% life Taskmaster comeback was incredible.Dude went into fucking beat mode once he got sent to losers. Wow.
Viscant reconsidering his options in life after that Bionic Arm took down Viscant's Phoenix.

One of the best WNFs in a while. Amazing reactions on display. Marvel is forever most hype game ever.

EDIT: LOL @ Chris G not playing games and this dude saying Doom is one of the best point characters on stream.

USD

Holy shit, Ryan Hunter just did the sickest Dormammu fly combo ever.

Exaggeration, of course, but it was still sexy.

In other news, I find got the game myself. Now I can do something other than stream monstering.

Neki

raw tag DP into a level 3 hyper is how I win.

edit: man I should have played Sent more before the health nerf, I wonder how we would have felt like, probably a beefier Tron.

Not sure if it's cause I'm playing on pad, but I'm finding fly loops (Magneto) combos impossible. I can't seem to get to flight mode without the enemy flipping out. Is this because of my timing? Any tips to help me out here? I'm at a loss!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FromTheFuture said:
Not sure if it's cause I'm playing on pad, but I'm finding fly loops (Magneto) combos impossible. I can't seem to get to flight mode without the enemy flipping out. Is this because of my timing? Any tips to help me out here? I'm at a loss!
I'm on pad too and the timing on fly/unfly combos is much stricter than my hands can physically do them. But hey if MastaCJ can do it there's hope!

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Oh we got Iron Man combos. Iron Man combos are just a joy to watch.

Heavy j.M use going on.
As there should be.

FlashMetroid rightfully considers Dante to be the best in the game (Phoenix aside) and he rates C Viper/Iron Man high too. Dude knows what's up. Let's see if he can put our theories to practice.

And he's using Chris now? That is interesting because I just picked up Chris.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
raw tag DP into a level 3 hyper is how I win.

edit: man I should have played Sent more before the health nerf, I wonder how we would have felt like, probably a beefier Tron.
It felt like you were drinking the tears of orphaned children.

def sim

Getting around to watching UFGT and they are playing Deadliest Warrior. Hahaha yesss.

If you guys haven't played it with friends yet, you should. It's surprisingly amazing.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
man the Sent match-up against Spencer seems almost as bad as the Ammy match-up.
The issue with the 1.3k HP was that his risk:reward ratio was all fucked up. He had bad matchups, but they took SO long to kill them that you almost inevitably fell victim to one of his giant boots or frying pans.

And yeah, Sentinel does not like DAT ARM.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
man the Sent match-up against Spencer seems almost as bad as the Ammy match-up.
I think Final Round just sent an ice cold message to all the Sentinels out there and made the matchup bad off of that a lone. Sentinel play is just so different now. Go watch pre-nerf gameplay and post-nerf gameplay and it's astounding the difference. It forced Sentinels to play so much more defensive, and as a result, the matchups against Sent have strengthened to the point that I think Sentinel is much more balanced now.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
That still seems more like a problem with his damage rather than his health though.
Sentinel's by far the easiest character in the game to play and get big damage out of. He's scary, but at higher levels he's much less dangerous because you can play around him. That "fear factor" and ease of use for low-level players make him a great beginner character, and his damage output really isn't a problem outside of X-Factor, which is a whole other thing entirely.

kirblar

enzo_gt said:
I think Final Round just sent an ice cold message to all the Sentinels out there and made the matchup bad off of that a lone. Sentinel play is just so different now. Go watch pre-nerf gameplay and post-nerf gameplay and it's astounding the difference. It forced Sentinels to play so much more defensive, and as a result, the matchups against Sent have strengthened to the point that I think Sentinel is much more balanced now.
He's mortal! Tron, Haggar, Thor and Hulk all have to get in to deal damage, and as a result, have higher HP. Sentinel, though, is actually primarily a zoning character, and the HP just made him stupidly good at his job.

I definitely agree with Viscant that Wesker'll see a HP nerf at some point. (I also suspect in SMVC3 his launcher won't be nearly as safe.)

Neki

Not sure what you're talking about. Sentinel loses to almost all other zoning characters, and cannot zone out short characters. His zoning options are extremely weak.

smurfx

get some go again
Conceited said:
Looks like a new Cross Counter series is out;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDDjxJp4NLU

Runnin sets with Mike Ross and Combofiend
fuck she hulk. that right there is the reason why i fear her the most over any other character. her stun move and very high priority air throws are a bastard. plus she can get in under you from across the damn screen. although i did beat a high lord today with she hulk/x 23/wesker. three characters that give me problems. still love combofiends team though. love his spencer and taskmaster.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
Not sure what you're talking about. Sentinel loses to almost all other zoning characters, and cannot zone out short characters. His zoning options are extremely weak.
He has a tremendous amount of space control. He restricts your ability to move around the screen. He's incredibly mobile. (Which is the other big difference between him and the other High-HP chars). He loses to a lot of other projectile characters, sure, but when Sentinel comes on screen, your opponent must immediately start playing differently.

smurfx

get some go again
kirblar said:
He has a tremendous amount of space control. He restricts your ability to move around the screen. He's incredibly mobile. (Which is the other big difference between him and the other High-HP chars). He loses to a lot of other projectile characters, sure, but when Sentinel comes on screen, your opponent must immediately start playing differently.
i can zone out sentinel pretty damn easy with my taskmaster/haggar combo. i chip him out and make him come to me and when he tries his usual crap i just call haggar in with his double lariat assist and then punish sentinel. that or just block sentinel low leg thrust and wait till the character does his kick and then go through that with taskmaster shield charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom