• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Viscant has not been practicing the Tron enough, he's doing way too many hits to do M M S, he needs to do M H S for it to combo.

edit: omfg he did it again

What the hell? Floating Phoenix?
That is what she looks like when she whiffs a super in the air.

God DAMN THAT MATCH.

5xByZ.gif

Neki

That 2nd last match was the best fight on WNF ever, so good. Viscant threw away that match with the random hyper, but there was really nothing else he could do, he was going to get chipped to death.

Neki

I feel sorry for Viscant, I just wanted him to win so bad, lawl. Combofiend was reading him really well though, he was escaping his tech traps and raping him.

smurfx

get some go again
viscant should pick up somebody like dante or magneto. his tron and ironman aren't that good. that or pick up wolverine. i'm sure he can do much better with them than tron.

Neki

smurfx said:
viscant should pick up somebody like dante or magneto. his tron and ironman aren't that good. that or pick up wolverine. i'm sure he can do much better with them than tron.
Dante / Magneto are not going to give him a good Tron assist. Did you see how many times his fire assist saved him / allowed him to hitconfirm? It's his Wesker > Phoenix > Tron in terms of how good he is with them. His only problem probably was that he wasn't doing MHS to get the ground bounce, if he fixes that, he should be fine. Tron is there to build meter and for the assist.

Dahbomb

If Viscant upgrades his Iron Man, his team of Wesker/Iron Man/Phoenix would be automatic god tier.

It's too bad Iron Man is stranded without an assist, X Factor or meter to burn but even then he can hold his own much better than people think. He has great meterless damage that of course builds very nice meter. He also has mix ups if the opponent is blocking low (doesn't happen a lot without assists but hey there's always a chance). Also damage off of throw solo.

Dahbomb

There has been a lot of MVC3 technology put out but I haven't had the time to check it out.

Man I feel like if I miss out on MVC3 stuff for more than 2 days I am way behind in my tech knowledge. :(

Neki

Zissou said:
For those that have stated that Trish is up there tier-wise, what exactly puts her up so high(at least theoretically)?
Her divekick has good priority, she has good range and reach with her normals, her assists are very good defensive options, she also has very good defensive options with flight + peekaboo + hopscotch. She can play good rush-down and keepaway because of her reach and defensive options. I'd say her only problems is her beam hyper is very weak, you need to position your opponent well to get full damage unlike other beam hypers. Her damage is also pretty low compared to other high tier characters, Taskmaster does a better job of rush-down and a pretty good job of keep-away. Trish seems like a more defensive Taskmaster with less damage and less health. I also think Taskmaster is much easier to play for way more damage and priority.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
Her divekick has good priority, she has good range and reach with her normals, her assists are very good defensive options, she also has very good defensive options with flight + peekaboo + hopscotch. She can play good rush-down and keepaway because of her reach and defensive options. I'd say her only problems is her beam hyper is very weak, you need to position your opponent well to get full damage unlike other beam hypers. Her damage is also pretty low compared to other high tier characters, Taskmaster does a better job of rush-down and a pretty good job of keep-away. Trish seems like a more defensive Taskmaster with less damage and less health. I also think Taskmaster is much easier to play for way more damage and priority.
love seeing you sing the praises of taskmaster ultimoo.

Neki

Psh, it's not praise, it's just the facts. Doesn't make me like him any much more because of his priority and damage. :p

Question: For those that don't like Jaha commentating, what do you think of Yipes phrases and his commentating?

Surely you must hate the "pringles" and "curley moustaches"...
I was among those that were irritated with the Yipes memes at first, but if you actually listen to him commentate, he is pretty fresh with everything he says. I don't think I've even heard him say "curly mustache" since the game came out, but he will say "pringles", because it's a general slang term for him, like "cool".

not sure if it has been mention, while in Xfactor and you are using Doom's Hidden Missile Assist, its doesn't home in on the opponent's location too well. It only homes behind the opponent and the distance increases depends on the Xfactor level.

Not sure if its a bug, but of course only possible to get lvl 3 xfactor with Doom in training mode. Still its possible with xfactor lvl 2.

EDIT: god dam same shit with Doom on point Hidden Missile in lv 3 xfactor.
Yes, stupid bug.

I don't see the problem, Ammy and Tron assist are low tier, oh yeah.
*tips hat to you*

meh, they only kill every character in the cast by building two meters and letting you dhc glitch, meh. tron is bad, no one use her. :O tron's long ass combo is actually very easy, I can auto-pilot most of the time from anywhere on the screen.
Yeah, the only part of her combos that takes practice is, if you use Sentinel Force, timing the gunshot after Sentinel Force hits during your OTG portion of the combo. I used to play Dormammu/Tron/Sentinel, and I was amazed at how little effort it took to learn Tron's combos, because they look long and hard. It all flows very naturally though, unlike Chris'.

I like Iceman. Calling Sentinel "stupid" because he was put in for fanservice is pretty silly, considering that this entire game is fanservice. Why not throw a bone to veterans of the previous game?

On the ranks of "interesting characters", MvC2 Sentinel is one of the most unique characters in fighting game history. Yes, MvC3 Sentinel is meh, though.

You can thank Marvel for no Cyclops or Juggernaut, and Ruby Heart ought never to return.

Give him a cool Iceberg Hyper where he spontaneously spawns it out of the ground to impale the opponent as an OTG finisher,
So basically, Elemental Rage? Haha.

Also, no more Darkstalkers please. We have 3 already, that's enough.
Don't pick series, pick characters. It's silly that you would say this, and then want to add more X-Men characters.

Everyone needs a broken x-factor loop to be honest.
More like all X-Factor speed boosts should be removed from the game.

Neki

Well if they aren't going to get rid of X-factor speed boost, I'd rather everyone get an x-factor retarded combo then!

Also, I've mastered the OTG + Sentinel force, you just need to press down H + Sentinel Force at the same time, then pull out a rock, and then it will work most of the time. If it looks like he's too high (called Sent assist too early) then you have to jump and do H + S instead of beacon bombing, works most of the time too. Only problem is Zero (only one I can remember) hitbox is immune to the rock, so annoying, so I have to really call the Sent assist early for him, because I can only do down H. You can also combo with Ammy cold-star, just need to press forward H + assist and it'll come out pretty well for a beacon bomb.

Dahbomb

Zissou said:
For those that have stated that Trish is up there tier-wise, what exactly puts her up so high(at least theoretically)?
Basically the only reason why she isn't in top 5 class is that she doesn't output as much damage. She is however top 10.

High priority dive kick that is cancellable, extremely mobile with a very nice 8 way air dash plus double jump/flight mode and high priority attacks. These options alone make her extremely effective at rushdown along with her instant overhead attacks.

She has fast projectiles with easy hitconfirm into her beam hyper, plus 2 different traps and a homing projectile for some very nice zoning/defensive options. It is very hard to rushdown a tightly played runaway Trish and she basically makes it tough for at least half of the cast to get in on her. Her Round Harvest is one of the best hypers in the game and can create lockdown situations along with being a safe DHC option.

Her assists creates lots of problems and headaches for the opposition and often leading into tricky reset situations.

I like to use her as Anchor and with LVL3 XF I can easily one touch kill anyone with Trish. She becomes really hard to deal with as you can imagine and she doesn't need an assist to be effective (an attribute that automatically makes her better than a lot of characters).

If Trish did as much damage as Taskmaster, then everyone would be picking her as she would be the best character in the game. Only way Trish is going to TOD someone if she is sitting on 2 bars and gains the 1 bar from her combo into LVL3 or if she has X Factor.

USD

Not the highest quality GIFs (gotta work with the source material), but:

Nasty X-Factor loop.

taskxfloop3qs4.gif

(Not-so-) Glitchfiend "breaking" the game.

frozenphoenixeqoe.gif

And the Arm of the Century.

bionicarmofthecentury9p0k.gif

Neki

Wow, I just noticed Combofiend did get hit, bionic arm just hit first. I thought we were going to see a double KO. I was testing it out and Spencer can't punish a full screen super with bionic arm because he runs out of invincibility frames, but he got so lucky there. If that was either Ryu, Akuma or any other actually full beam hyper, gg. I think if it came out a little faster it would have worked too.

Chavelo

Amazing... never seen that Taskmaster combo (Cancel to X-factor, then loop [Charging Star -> Ground Medium Aim Master]) done in tournament play... Saw it on the MVC3 Brady guide and thought it was cool looking but kinda useless...

GG, combofiend. What a great player. :D

Azure J

USD said:
Not the highest quality GIFs (gotta work with the source material), but:

Nasty X-Factor loop.

taskxfloop3qs4.gif

(Not-so-) Glitchfiend "breaking" the game.

frozenphoenixeqoe.gif

And the Arm of the Century.

bionicarmofthecentury9p0k.gif

:eek: :O =O

I really wish if I hadn't seen these until I watched the archive. Also, FUCK YES PHOENIX ON POINT PROVING SHIT WORKS. I called it since day -3 and no one would try it (seriously) opting instead to talk about how much cheapness she is. Her on point + healing field + good assists = shit gets real.

I'm kinda curious as to whether or not she can take advantage of the DHC glitch via Healing Field though.

Edit: Those gifs also confirm something interesting (to me since I'm certain you all who actually get to play the game regularly/check SRK and whatnot noticed it urley), Bionic Arm has a hitbox in the shape of a hammer with range a good bit beyond the actual fist.

USD

One more GIF for the road, showing the ridiculous power of Healing Field. She's at about 55% health, 90% health + red health before the combo starts:

healingfieldmqxd.gif

The important thing being that Spencer is inside of the field practically the entire time, with the exception of the Bionic Lancer.

LakeEarth

Although it is riskier, I think his grapple hyper instead of bionic arm would've killed her as healing field won't do jack about it during an animation.

Worst part is, even though she's healing everything, Spencer's bionic arm is still under damage scaling, which is why bionic arm didn't kill her on that last hit.

Dart, links to all replays for both WNF and Starbase are here:
www.streamonster.com

Well if they aren't going to get rid of X-factor speed boost, I'd rather everyone get an x-factor retarded combo then!

Also, I've mastered the OTG + Sentinel force, you just need to press down H + Sentinel Force at the same time, then pull out a rock, and then it will work most of the time. If it looks like he's too high (called Sent assist too early) then you have to jump and do H + S instead of beacon bombing, works most of the time too. Only problem is Zero (only one I can remember) hitbox is immune to the rock, so annoying, so I have to really call the Sent assist early for him, because I can only do down H. You can also combo with Ammy cold-star, just need to press forward H + assist and it'll come out pretty well for a beacon bomb.
It's mostly a speed issue for me. I tend to input things too fast, so I'll use Beacon Bomb before Tron Bonne has fully recovered from her rock throw, etc.

Wow, I just noticed Combofiend did get hit, bionic arm just hit first. I thought we were going to see a double KO. I was testing it out and Spencer can't punish a full screen super with bionic arm because he runs out of invincibility frames, but he got so lucky there. If that was either Ryu, Akuma or any other actually full beam hyper, gg. I think if it came out a little faster it would have worked too.
Indeed.

Neki

To be fair, Healing Field Phoenix will only work in very specific match-ups.

1) Non x-factored. (I think the damage is too high for healing field, not sure though)
2) Non-cinematic supers/non-full-screen hypers that push Phoenix away
3) Combos that keep Phoenix close.

So really, Wolverine, Zero, Shuma-Gorath, Wesker, Captain America, C.Viper are all candidates that healing field would be effective against.

Rorschach

Poor Viscant. He said before the match he didn't know Spencer. Shouldn't have gone for super chip. Bionic Arm goes through everything. He'll be better once he learns more Tron. He left a ton of combos on the floor.

*except counters and Sentinel armored hits lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom