• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

If I were to make 3 changes to X-Factor:
1) No speed boosts.
2) Damage boosts no longer reflect in chip damage dealt (I main Dormammu, and I still think burning out an entire character with Stalking Flare + X-Factor is just plain dumb).
3) X-Factor's length does not scale; the general time might need a small increase, though.
I would agree with 1/2- the speed boost breaks the game in ways that are just annoying. I do think that the time should scale upwards, but I would put level 3 at just a little bit longer than the current level 2, and scale level 2 down a little bit in length. I would also strongly consider making X-Factor a flat damage bonus for all characters, rather than the current individually scaled version.

Sentinel has huge weaknesses, but that's the great thing about this game- you have to synergize your characters and learn to cover your problem areas with assists or by simply tagging in a better matchup. Gilty's keep-away Sent/Doom stuff was really fun to watch, and it seemed like a natural way to play the character, forcing her opponents to come to HIM. MvC3 is a different beast than MvC2, and the air game in general got toned down considerably.

I do think that the ability to extend combos via wall bounces or OTGs is so critical to damage output in this game that it relegates most characters without this ability to low-tier by default. Chun and Cap feel like you're walking into a gun fight to the death with a nerf gun.

Dahbomb

Combofiend has upgraded his team to NEXT GEN stuff.

All of his characters pull equal weight on that team and have TOD combos along with seamlessly DHCing into each other. There is no weaknesses in that team, he has resets from every perceivable scenario and mix ups/set ups galore. It's even more clinical than Viscant's team.

He is still the favorite to win E3 in my eyes.

And yes I can deal with Speed boosts in X Factor going away. Sentinel and Wesker on crack is not fun to deal with.

LMAO @ the Combofiend charity lose to Mike Ross. Salt on wounds.

Captain America doesn't really need an OTG to do high damage. Maybe off of throws but even then, his problem is that he has virtually no way to properly open up an opponent. He has to get lucky catching someone with his Shield Slash and even then it's risky for him to throw it out without a proper mindset with so many tri-dashers and teleporters running around.

Regarding Hsien-ko:
I think she can actually be a solid character, but you need Clockwork-like execution to do it. I messed around with this concept for a while in training mode, and then took it to real matches, and I was very successful, but it's just too hard for me execution-wise (even without the bad netcode, I'm just not there), and if I wanted to really make this work, it would be a Dormammu-less team, which I simply do not do - I wish Dormammu had a meter building assist, it would fit him well:
Wesker (Samurai Edge)/Hsien-ko (Henkyo Ki)/Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)

Your goal is to delay with Wesker at the start while calling Dark Harmonizer to build a few bars of meter. If you can land a combo, that's great, but it's not necessary. Hsien-ko uses Henkyo-ki because, as great as Senpu Bu is, it's also very risky, and she takes massive damage while doing it. Henkyo Ki, on the other hand, has very few active frames, and protects itself very well from projectiles. You will be using Dark Harmonizer most of the time anyway, and your goal is to dominate with Hsien-ko on point.

If you get a hit off, try to TAC Hsien-ko in to start the fun with her. If not, try to create a situation where the raw tag would be relatively safe. You want to get Hsien-ko in the game with ~3 bars of meter stored up. Once Hsien-ko is in, use Rimoukon, and start to pressure your opponent. Rimoukon's duration allows you to make ~3 Dark Harmonizer calls, which give you 90% of a bar of meter. You cannot build meter during Rimoukon, which means you will lose 10% of your net meter every time you Rimoukon if you go straight from one to the other.

One of your goals is to fix the gap in Rimoukons. The best way to do this is to ensure, as much as possible, that your opponent is in a blockstring, and your normals build a little meter from the blockstring. At the end of your blockstring, cancel your normal into Henkyo Ki, and then cancel Henkyo Ki into Rimoukon, and continue applying pressure.

Why Wesker? Samurai Edge allows two things:
1) Unblockables. Hsien-ko has a great air pressure game, because you can jump, air walk, and then immediately cancel into two j.Ms. Hsien-ko is one of the few characters that can stay in the air without entering flight mode, which allows you to properly time the Samurai Edge.

2) Relaunches. Hsien-ko does crap damage without hypers, and you won't have access to anything but Rimoukon unless you want to kill a character. Plus, since Rimoukon does not last long at all, when you do hit your opponent, you are almost guaranteed that Rimoukon will run out mid-combo. The ability to relaunch extends the period of time during which you do not need Rimoukon up, and thus also extends your meter gain from normals that hit your opponent.

Why Morrigan? Dark Harmonizer can be used more than Bloom. That's the primary reason. Other than that, Morrigan is a more solid anchor, and with this strategy, if you screw up, you are guaranteed to have a ton of meter to spend on Astral Vision. Morrigan also makes great use of Wesker's Samurai Edge. You don't even necessarily need to anchor with Morrigan; if you want, you can put Wesker in the back at some point if you are more comfortable with him.

Why this strategy?
1) Hsien-ko is actually a good character in this strategy. I have come to believe that Capcom balanced Hsien-ko around what she can do with Rimoukon. She is the only character in the game with an ability anything like this, and people seem content with using it to buff her assists only.

2) Your assist calls are always 100% safe with a hyper armored Hsien-ko. The concept of "punishing" you simply does not exist. Anything your opponent does, you simply walk through, and your opponent pays a much more severe price than you did in eating a little damage while walking through the attack.

3) Your opponent cannot call assists, for the simple reason that your opponent has no way to pressure Hsien-ko. Even if your opponent wants to call Tron or Haggar, this does not stop your onslaught.

4) Remember, Hsien-ko has command grabs. If you don't want to use Samurai Edge for unblockables, grab your opponent instead. I honestly do not remember if you can Samurai Edge to OTG from your grabs, command or not, but I would not be surprised.

5) It's fun and unique! No one has tried this, and it really works, and I'm not even good with Hsien-ko or execution. I think if someone took the time to master this setup, they would be surprised at how effective it can be.

Ending Comments:
Don't expect to destroy your opponent's entire team with just Hsien-ko. If your opponent is bold, he will make you take damage for every approach you make, and you just need to accept that as part of this strategy. You will generally need to clean up with Wesker and Morrigan. Every time you block, you place yourself in a position where your opponent can keep you in blockstun, which means you are losing Rimoukon as well as Dark Harmonizer time. Sure, you probably want to block a Shinkuu Hadoken, but not something like Sentinel Force. I am not sure if this is actually viable at high level competitive play, because it does have its problems still, but for those who love Hsien-ko, and wish she were worth more than Rimoukon followed by Senpu Bu assist spam, I recommend you give this a try. If you feel so inclined, you can always replace Wesker with any other character that has an OTG assist, or use Amaterasu in place of Morrigan.

Dahbomb

Anyone got a time stamp on the FlashMetroid Throwdown Thursday play at Option Select? Link would be appreciated too.

And that is officially the craziest use of Hsien Ko ever. My mind blew just reading an assist other than the swinging assist. Will read more in a bit.

Captain America doesn't really need an OTG to do high damage. Maybe off of throws but even then, his problem is that he has virtually no way to properly open up an opponent. He has to get lucky catching someone with his Shield Slash and even then it's risky for him to throw it out without a proper mindset with so many tri-dashers and teleporters running around.
One of my frequent opponents likes to call Double Lariat right as he Somersaults - very irritating.

kirblar

It's so funny seeing people walk right into the gold armor not understanding what it actually does. When she has it on, its just like playing against XF3 Sent, you need to run away and wait it out - if you try to get in on her she will just blow you up.

To chime in on the x-factor discussion I think I would nerf it as follows:

Level 1 No power / speed increase, lasts 1 second. Basically a roman cancel.

Level 2 10% power / speed increase, lasts 10 seconds

Level 3 10% power / speed increase, lasts 15 seconds

The benefits of x-factor are the same for every character, no 40% jumps in damage or speed for certain characters.

I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum but do we expect Capcom to patch / balance MvC3 any further or is this it until Super MvC3?

Dahbomb

I read the whole post and that seems annoying as hell to deal with. Certainly people who don't know what's going on and think that Hsien Ko is just there for the assist will get blown up for a bit.

I just don't know how you plan to deal with zoning/keep away teams. Hsien has a really hard time chasing down characters, Gold armor or not.

Kimosabae

Banned
I wish they'd just lose the damage increase, keep every other aspect and just have one level. I think the cool thing about X-Factor is the Roman Cancel-esque custom combo/mixup factor. Maybe give each character on the team one X-Factor to burn (with different time durations depending on how many are left on a team), primarily to drive innovation in means for creating damage. Instead of handing all the blunt objects most desirable for a comeback on a silver platter, force players to employ their own dexterity with X-Factor so it rewards genius instead of just brute force, like a precision tool.

I'd find that much more interesting and potentially exciting than X-Factor as is. Especially in regards to comebacks. If the anchor character is solo with Level 3 XF - you should expect that character to make a comeback.

It's so funny seeing people walk right into the gold armor not understanding what it actually does. When she has it on, its just like playing against XF3 Sent, you need to run away and wait it out - if you try to get in on her she will just blow you up.
Indeed. It's especially fun against Sentinel players, because when they kill your point character, and hyper armor Hsien-ko comes in, they always try to attack you without fear. Then you instill fear.

However, that is the reason this is designed to be sustainable; I expect people will run.

The benefits of x-factor are the same for every character, no 40% jumps in damage or speed for certain characters.
I would be fine with this, but I understand that the ship has sailed on arguments against a comeback mechanic with Capcom. I'm just trying to minimize the damage.

I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum but do we expect Capcom to patch / balance MvC3 any further or is this it until Super MvC3?
IIRC, Seth initially said nothing until after Evo around the game's release (then we got the Sentinel nerf, lolz).

I read the whole post and that seems annoying as hell to deal with. Certainly people who don't know what's going on and think that Hsien Ko is just there for the assist will get blown up for a bit.

I just don't know how you plan to deal with zoning/keep away teams. Hsien has a really hard time chasing down characters, Gold armor or not.
Well, I would say 2 things, which I probably should have included in the main thread; maybe I'll type them here and add them in to my posts on other sites:
Do not forget that this team is flexible. Yes, the goal is to get that beautiful, permanently armored Hsien-ko on the screen full-time, but if the match-up makes this a difficult scenario, you can still play this as a traditional "Hsien-ko assist *****" team. Instead of calling Morrigan at every opportunity, you're just calling Hsien-ko, and you can always swap your assist to Senpu Bu if the opposing team calls for it. It's not the strongest Wesker team, but you still have mix-ups from his teleports and Hsien-ko's assist, and Morrigan can also be played on point - this is a pretty solid team for backing her up on point.

Ideally, you use a mixture of Anki Hou H, which goes straight up and reaches superjump heights, f.H, which covers a nice vertical angle, and air throws to keep your opponent from simply superjumping away from you forever and trying to wear you down from afar. Ideally, you are TACing Hsien-ko in, and so you do not have to start out in a situation where you are chasing your opponent down from a full screen away. That may not sound satisfying, but no team is perfect, and I still think this is a good way to make Hsien-ko a viable character.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Sir Garbageman said:

just take away the speed period. its the most "broken" thing about XF

It makes almost everything safe or even safer, causes alot of infinites and makes the game even more random and mash happy.

keep the offense(+damage) keep the defense(no chip/red health)

Dahbomb

USD said:
No point in time stamps, as he stays on the machine most of the time because he's winning. You can find his play throughout:

http://www.justin.tv/optionselect/b/287238254

In Part 3, you can find everyone trolling, trying to do no-look combos.
Thanks.

In regards to X Factor, I would be fine with those changes but the "scaling up" of X Factor needs to stay (just no speed boost).

If there was no scaling up then everyone would use X Factor very early in the game to kill a point character. In fact, ever since I started using X Factor early (except against Phoenix teams) my win percentage has gone up dramatically. LVL3 XF comebacks aren't as common as they were and the better players are either saving X Factor for that crucial guard break moment or burning it early to gain a tactical advantage in the game. Justin Won in the last tournament basically burned X Factor at every chance he get, even off of a simple throw.

At least now there is a great diversity in how people use X Factor. There are people like Noel Brown who use it very early, some use it against the 2nd characters and other save it for the anchor (like Phoenix teams).

~Devil Trigger~ said:
just take away the speed period. its the most "broken" thing about XF

It makes almost everything safe or even safer, causes alot of infinites and makes the game even more random and mash happy.

keep the offense(+damage) keep the defense(no chip/red health)

That's a fair point, I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the speed increase all together.

Kimosabae

Banned
The thing about the speed increase is that it actually expands the game's dynamics and keeps it interesting. Certain combos/mixups are only viable due to the speed increase of X-Factor. Without the disgusting damage boost, it rewards genius and still serves as the comeback mechanic Capcom wants it to.

kirblar

Kimosabae said:
The thing about the speed increase is that it actually expands the game's dynamics and keeps it interesting. Certain combos/mixups are only viable due to the speed increase of X-Factor. Without the disgusting damage boost, it rewards genius and still serves as the comeback mechanic Capcom wants it to.
By combos/mixups you mean "infinites", right?

kirblar

Kimosabae said:
Yah, potentially. So what?
It's a two-player game based on interaction. The reason for hit-stun and damage scaling is to essentially put a clock on your ability to deal damage to your oppoinent. Infinites remove interactivity from the game in a very ugly way.

Neki

I'm semi-joking. Can anyone think of non-crap character (basically, Hsien-ko) that Sentinel just runs all over for free like several characters do against him?
I was going to say "Ha, my Sentinel was stomping SolarPowered's Hsien-ko" but then I saw this post. :(

Neki

shaowebb said:
LOL
Complete Storm combo with a DHC glitch into Wolverine successfully without looking.
I need to record myself doing a full Tron combo into DHC glitch without looking. ha!

Kimosabae

Banned
kirblar said:
It's a two-player game based on interaction. The reason for hit-stun and damage scaling is to essentially put a clock on your ability to deal damage to your oppoinent. Infinites remove interactivity from the game in a very ugly way.

I'm sorry, but this is facile malarky.

"Interactivity" defined as what? What video game isn't interactive? Marvel 3? Because of its handful of infinites, operable only under specific circumstances? Nonsense.

From here, you can only go with the line of reasoning that there's degrees of interactivity necessary for a fighting game to be good. Here, you're suggesting combos in general are a danger to interactivity. It just gets sloppier from here. Why not remove combos greater than two hits? Why not remove hitstun all together (or any other mechanic that doesn't register an onscreen response when you press a button, such as Hyper animation cutscenes)?

Infinites =/= hit stun deterioration and damage scaling are not doing their jobs. You simply have unreasonable expectations for them given the game's variety.

Also, infinites, while undesirable to some are rewarding for others. You (presumably) not liking them, does not follow that they should be removed from games all together. This isn't SSF4 where an (easily executable) infinite will cost a player a round or match. Marvel 3 gives you three characters to work with and comebacks are far from improbable in this game.

Surely, you must see how untenable this is?

Spider-Man doesn't need any OTG's or other wall/groundbounces as is, he does plenty of damage on his own and/or with assists. Not many are as mobile as him and do his type of damage.

Cap just needs something that doesn't make his combos WORSE in the corner (GG Capcom :p), and some invincibility on that backflip. It really limits the move to being used with a specific few assists like Tron or Haggar.

As for X-Factor, I'd rather have the speed boost than the damage boost, the speed boost allows for some really cool combos. The damage boost though... it can potentially change it from a "does it take one combo or two combos take this character down" to "does it take a quarter of a combo or three quarters of a combo to take this character down". I think a general reduction in XF is coming eventually.

XF3 has become less of a problem as the game's evolved though. XF2 is probably the best one IMO. It's still a decent mechanic, but if it were a perfect world, it would force you to put something at risk to use XF, like red life. (Haven't thought out how I would do it completely through, don't look at this as a list of fix-its :p).

kirblar

Kimosabae said:
I'm sorry, but this is facile malarky.

"Interactivity" defined as what? What video game isn't interactive? Marvel 3? Because of its handful of infinites, operable only under specific circumstances? Nonsense.

From here, you can only go with the line of reasoning that there's degrees of interactivity necessary for a fighting game to be good. Here, you're suggesting combos in general are a danger to interactivity. It just gets sloppier from here. Why not remove combos greater than two hits? Why not remove hitstun all together (or any other mechanic that doesn't register an onscreen response when you press a button, such as Hyper animation cutscenes)?

Infinites =/= hit stun deterioration and damage scaling are not doing their jobs. You simply have unreasonable expectations for them given the game's variety.

Also, infinites, while undesirable to some are rewarding for others. You (presumably) not liking them, does not follow that they should be removed from games all together. This isn't SSF4 where an (easily executable) infinite will cost a player a round or match. Marvel 3 gives you three characters to work with and comebacks are far from improbable in this game.

Surely, you must see how untenable this is?
You do realize what the word "interactive" means, right? It's not a single-player game. You're supposed to be playing against an opponent, not a punching bag. And "Here, you're suggesting combos in general are a danger to interactivity." is absolutely correct. They are. That's why there's limits on them. Infinites destroy the gameplay by rendering the game's resource mechanics (HP, hyper meter) irrelevant.

kirblar said:
You do realize what the word "interactive" means, right? It's not a single-player game. You're supposed to be playing against an opponent, not a punching bag. And "Here, you're suggesting combos in general are a danger to interactivity." is absolutely correct. They are. That's why there's limits on them. Infinites destroy the gameplay by rendering the game's resource mechanics (HP, hyper meter) irrelevant.

As opposed to 3 bar-building, 760k meterless combos?

jdub03

kirblar said:

There are touch of death combos without infinites and without x-factor. Dante is a prime example of this. Combofiends whole team can kill one character with one combo and a dhc, and in those cases you are left "not pressing buttons" for a longer period of time. Infinites do exist in this game, yet HP, hyper meter, and the like remain a crucial aspect of the game. Removing combos from the game would not solve the issue either. We would all just go back to SSFIV if that were the case. Marvel is all about long combos. I hate infinites as much as the next guy but they're really not a huge deal in this game I find them unnecessary in most cases. This game has such high damage that the majority of the cast can touch of death without them.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Tron has the best laugh.

I like Morrigan. I wish she did more damage though. Same with Chun li. She doesn't need to be 3rd Strike gdlk, but cut the ladies a break. :/

They should get rid of Finishing shower for her beam super.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
God's Beard said:
As opposed to 3 bar-building, 760k meterless combos?

There are touch of death combos without infinites and without x-factor. Dante is a prime example of this. Combofiends whole team can kill one character with one combo and a dhc, and in those cases you are left "not pressing buttons" for a longer period of time. Infinites do exist in this game, yet HP, hyper meter, and the like remain a crucial aspect of the game. Removing combos from the game would not solve the issue either. We would all just go back to SSFIV if that were the case. Marvel is all about long combos. I hate infinites as much as the next guy but they're really not a huge deal in this game I find them unnecessary in most cases. This game has such high damage that the majority of the cast can touch of death without them.

are you comparing these combos to tatsu, tatsu, tatsu tatsu, tatsu, tatsu tatsu or gun gun gun gun gun gun gun? ect?

kirblar

jdub03 said:
I'm not saying long combos are bad, I'm saying they have restrictions for a reason, and the X-Factor infinites detract from the rest of the game.

jdub03

~Devil Trigger~ said:
are you comparing these combos to tatsu, tatsu, tatsu tatsu, tatsu, tatsu tatsu or gun gun gun gun gun gun gun? ect?

These are xfactor only combos. You would be dead in one combo anyway. Does it really matter how you die. A competent player can kill you with an xfactor combo whether its gun gun gun to death or wesker abc>123>hyper. This game continues to evolve and grow. Infinites have not stifled that process.

Dahbomb

I have never bothered learning any XF infinite.

Why? I can easily kill the character using the basic BnB which I know well enough rather than attempt an infinite.

Only in MVC3 is an infinite combo "meh".

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Nah, if there are some Xfactor infinites that don't exceed my execution level, then I'll learn them. Braindead easy shit like Akuma's tatsu infinite took no thought, drained the clock, and killed a character without me having to worry about a bunch of different inputs. As easy as it is to kill a character in this game I'd still use one if I had access to it.

If someone I use has one and it doesn't take X-factor to do, I'm hitting the lab. Lvl 3 Xfactor offends me more than any infinite could ever. Hell, Dante's combos are as long as any infinite you could think of. lol

I want to pick Trish every time I see wolverine. Fuck Logan yo.

Karsticles said:
Gamma Charge Anti-Air just has super armor, no invincibility frames
This is actually what I meant to say.

My bad
Karsticles said:
Regarding Hsien-ko:
I think she can actually be a solid character, but you need Clockwork-like execution to do it. I messed around with this concept for a while in training mode, and then took it to real matches, and I was very successful, but it's just too hard for me execution-wise (even without the bad netcode, I'm just not there), and if I wanted to really make this work, it would be a Dormammu-less team, which I simply do not do - I wish Dormammu had a meter building assist, it would fit him well:
Wesker (Samurai Edge)/Hsien-ko (Henkyo Ki)/Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)

Your goal is to delay with Wesker at the start while calling Dark Harmonizer to build a few bars of meter. If you can land a combo, that's great, but it's not necessary. Hsien-ko uses Henkyo-ki because, as great as Senpu Bu is, it's also very risky, and she takes massive damage while doing it. Henkyo Ki, on the other hand, has very few active frames, and protects itself very well from projectiles. You will be using Dark Harmonizer most of the time anyway, and your goal is to dominate with Hsien-ko on point.

If you get a hit off, try to TAC Hsien-ko in to start the fun with her. If not, try to create a situation where the raw tag would be relatively safe. You want to get Hsien-ko in the game with ~3 bars of meter stored up. Once Hsien-ko is in, use Rimoukon, and start to pressure your opponent. Rimoukon's duration allows you to make ~3 Dark Harmonizer calls, which give you 90% of a bar of meter. You cannot build meter during Rimoukon, which means you will lose 10% of your net meter every time you Rimoukon if you go straight from one to the other.

One of your goals is to fix the gap in Rimoukons. The best way to do this is to ensure, as much as possible, that your opponent is in a blockstring, and your normals build a little meter from the blockstring. At the end of your blockstring, cancel your normal into Henkyo Ki, and then cancel Henkyo Ki into Rimoukon, and continue applying pressure.

Why Wesker? Samurai Edge allows two things:
1) Unblockables. Hsien-ko has a great air pressure game, because you can jump, air walk, and then immediately cancel into two j.Ms. Hsien-ko is one of the few characters that can stay in the air without entering flight mode, which allows you to properly time the Samurai Edge.

2) Relaunches. Hsien-ko does crap damage without hypers, and you won't have access to anything but Rimoukon unless you want to kill a character. Plus, since Rimoukon does not last long at all, when you do hit your opponent, you are almost guaranteed that Rimoukon will run out mid-combo. The ability to relaunch extends the period of time during which you do not need Rimoukon up, and thus also extends your meter gain from normals that hit your opponent.

Why Morrigan? Dark Harmonizer can be used more than Bloom. That's the primary reason. Other than that, Morrigan is a more solid anchor, and with this strategy, if you screw up, you are guaranteed to have a ton of meter to spend on Astral Vision. Morrigan also makes great use of Wesker's Samurai Edge. You don't even necessarily need to anchor with Morrigan; if you want, you can put Wesker in the back at some point if you are more comfortable with him.

Why this strategy?
1) Hsien-ko is actually a good character in this strategy. I have come to believe that Capcom balanced Hsien-ko around what she can do with Rimoukon. She is the only character in the game with an ability anything like this, and people seem content with using it to buff her assists only.

2) Your assist calls are always 100% safe with a hyper armored Hsien-ko. The concept of "punishing" you simply does not exist. Anything your opponent does, you simply walk through, and your opponent pays a much more severe price than you did in eating a little damage while walking through the attack.

3) Your opponent cannot call assists, for the simple reason that your opponent has no way to pressure Hsien-ko. Even if your opponent wants to call Tron or Haggar, this does not stop your onslaught.

4) Remember, Hsien-ko has command grabs. If you don't want to use Samurai Edge for unblockables, grab your opponent instead. I honestly do not remember if you can Samurai Edge to OTG from your grabs, command or not, but I would not be surprised.

5) It's fun and unique! No one has tried this, and it really works, and I'm not even good with Hsien-ko or execution. I think if someone took the time to master this setup, they would be surprised at how effective it can be.

Ending Comments:
Don't expect to destroy your opponent's entire team with just Hsien-ko. If your opponent is bold, he will make you take damage for every approach you make, and you just need to accept that as part of this strategy. You will generally need to clean up with Wesker and Morrigan. Every time you block, you place yourself in a position where your opponent can keep you in blockstun, which means you are losing Rimoukon as well as Dark Harmonizer time. Sure, you probably want to block a Shinkuu Hadoken, but not something like Sentinel Force. I am not sure if this is actually viable at high level competitive play, because it does have its problems still, but for those who love Hsien-ko, and wish she were worth more than Rimoukon followed by Senpu Bu assist spam, I recommend you give this a try. If you feel so inclined, you can always replace Wesker with any other character that has an OTG assist, or use Amaterasu in place of Morrigan.
You have no idea how awesome this really is. It's been a pain to see every character being dissected while Hsien-Ko sits in the corner collecting dust. This whole time it's been a matter of making gold pendulum or death with nothing in between and it really started looking pathetic when I watch Viscant decimate people with Wesker or I see spencer styling on everyone.

I am going to put so much work into this that it's not even funny. Thank you so much for writing this all up. It's just a breath of fresh air after all the neglect...

Ferrio

Banned
She's bad. Even if you get good with her... what are you going to do? Her damage is pathetic. All the good teams consist of characters that if they touch you, you're dead. Hsein-ko doesn't have that option. Gold assist is nice, but then you have to have her as anchor.

Also using the armor on point, I don't think it works as well in practice as you point out. They just have to just not attack you for 5 seconds, or just beam your ass.

Also that team of (Hsein/Wesker/Mor) gives you no good assists for Hsein when she's on point.
Ya you get meter from morrigan, and OTG from wesker. But how you going to approach someone, or get someone off your ass?

Ferrio said:
But how you going to approach someone, or get someone off your ass?
Isn't that what Hyper Armor is for?

I agree though, Hsien is ass. No amount of strategy is going to fix the fact that she's too slow.

Ferrio

Banned
Master Milk said:
Isn't that what Hyper Armor is for?

I agree though, Hsien is ass. No amount of strategy is going to fix the fact that she's too slow.

But she's slow as shit, and with no assists to keep them locked down they'll just jump/fly/teleport away. You could pendulum over, and maybe score a hit but then what? Land some combo that does maybe 50% damage? Then they one shot your ass.

Ferrio said:
But she's slow as shit, and with no assists to keep them locked down they'll just jump/fly/teleport away. You could pendulum over, and maybe score a hit but then what? Land some combo that does maybe 50% damage? Then they one shot your ass.
I don't think it's a good long term strategy, but with Hyper Armor you're basically saying "Screw the damage, I'm hitting you!" to whoever you fight. With a full health bar that shouldn't matter, but of course halfway through the match it's less of an option. Like I said, I agree that her slowness is a fatal weakness, but Hyper Armor makes it a little easier.

Also, doesn't she have decent mix-up in the corner? If you can hit your opponent, it should be easy to corner them if you don't mind burning a meter for her sword super. I've never had a problem with Hsien's damage or anything, just her speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom