• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Karsticles said:
If I were to make 3 changes to X-Factor:

2) Damage boosts no longer reflect in chip damage dealt (I main Dormammu, and I still think burning out an entire character with Stalking Flare + X-Factor is just plain dumb)

Man

In the BroDorm handbook, it is written that we should never admit this in public.
emosternwx8-1.png

haunts said:
did someone say sentinel was easy to play? (facepalm)

Dudes should be clarifying that the character has a very simple approach, but if fuck all easy to play as especially when the whole roster might as well be a bad match up.

Neki

Sentinel is good against scrubs, but if people actually know how to block (i.e block your crouching.M and don't press buttons when jumping) he has such a hard time opening people up. And with his poor recovery on his most of his moves, he's very vulnerable to instant overheads and quick low attacks. Losing Sentinel in one and a half combos is :(

Ferrio

Banned
Master Milk said:
I don't think it's a good long term strategy, but with Hyper Armor you're basically saying "Screw the damage, I'm hitting you!" to whoever you fight. With a full health bar that shouldn't matter, but of course halfway through the match it's less of an option. Like I said, I agree that her slowness is a fatal weakness, but Hyper Armor makes it a little easier.

Also, doesn't she have decent mix-up in the corner? If you can hit your opponent, it should be easy to corner them if you don't mind burning a meter for her sword super. I've never had a problem with Hsien's damage or anything, just her speed.

Her damage compared to the "good" characters is crap. It's not like she should be a powerhouse, but when you have to fight uphill to even get a hit in with her to only score some relatively pitiful damage... it's disheartening.

I don't believe her super armor on point is worth it at all. Like I said if you do it at range to get in, they'll just run away. If you do it while they're ontop of you and counter, then you might score some damage but since you're burning meter... not much.

Hell Sentinal's and Hulk's armor is better IMO. They have more HP so they can take the hits, doesn't take meter, and it isn't a big flashy sign that says "Don't attack me now!". And when they're opponents get hit they can dish out the damage. Sure theirs doesn't absorb all hits, but having your gameplay revolve around trading damage is never a good idea.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
Sentinel is good against scrubs, but if people actually know how to block (i.e block your crouching.M and don't press buttons when jumping) he has such a hard time opening people up. And with his poor recovery on his most of his moves, he's very vulnerable to instant overheads and quick low attacks. Losing Sentinel in one and a half combos is :(
Gilty's use of him "felt" right, given the tools he has at his disposal. The chip-out/projectile nonsense he's capable of is pretty hilarious. He has bad matchups, but who doesn't in this game? (Even Phoenix is pretty free to Magneto.)

"Also, doesn't she have decent mix-up in the corner?"

No? What mix-up could she possibly have in the corner. At best you can maybe try to go for command throw.

I could understand Hsien-ko's lack of damage if she had some mobility, or lack of mobility if she had some damage, but right now all she has is an okay assist.

Ferrio said:
Her damage compared to the "good" characters is crap. It's not like she should be a powerhouse, but when you have to fight uphill to even get a hit in with her to only score some relatively pitiful damage... it's disheartening.
Ah, thinking of it like that, yea, her damage is too low. But, I wasn't thinking of balancing her damage now with her current speed. I'd much rather she keep the damage she has now and just be faster.

Ferrio said:
I don't believe her super armor on point is worth it at all. Like I said if you do it at range to get in, they'll just run away. If you do it while they're ontop of you and counter, then you might score some damage but since you're burning meter... not much.

Hell Sentinal's and Hulk's armor is better IMO. They have more HP so they can take the hits, doesn't take meter, and it isn't a big flashy sign that says "Don't attack me now!". And when the're opponents gets hit they can dish out the damage. Sure their doesn't absorb all hits, but having your gameplay revolve around trading damage is never a good idea.
I think it's usable, but not something you should rely on. It definitely need to be longer. That would help a great deal I think. And yea, she really does need more HP. It's stupid to have hyper armor to allow hits be absorbed, but not the HP to allow hits to be absorbed.

With all that said, if they only sped her up I'd be more than happy. I have no problems using XF'd Hsien.

Teknopathetic said:
No? What mix-up could she possibly have in the corner. At best you can maybe try to go for command throw.
Sorry, I meant cross-up. I was thinking about Senpu.

Teknopathetic said:
"Also, doesn't she have decent mix-up in the corner?"

I could understand Hsien-ko's lack of damage if she had some mobility, or lack of mobility if she had some damage, but right now all she has is an okay assist.
Call assist +Overhead item toss?

Neki

Also, have I mentioned how much I hate Hulk? LAWL. He and Dormammu blow me up the most. Maybe Wesker sometimes too.

Neki

#fuckhaunts

on a more serious note, Q stop dodging me and let's play. salty runback, first to ten, LET's GOOOOOOO.

Yeah, I just gave it some thought before coming into the thread and this new strategy is definitely hurt by her lack of speed. It also makes her one of THE biggest meter hogs in the game besides Phoenix.

The person who makes her actually work deserves a medal. I'm still going to try and learn that gameplan, Karsticles.
Ultimoo said:
#fuckhaunts

on a more serious note, Q stop dodging me and let's play. salty runback, first to ten, LET's GOOOOOOO.
I was listening to my replacement Beyer headphones.

I'll get on right now if you still want to fight.

smurfx

get some go again
fuck i got beat by a phoenix user. this one was my fault though. he was using morrigans assist that builds up meter and i didn't even pay much attention till the guy was suddenly at level 5 and i knew i was fucked. holy shit does that assist build up meter big time. next time i fight somebody with phoenix and morrigan i'll be sure to rush their asses down.

Neki

I realized why I hate your team SolarPowered, you have Morrigan assist so you always have 2 more bars than me. bleeeeeeeeeeh.

also, why don't you ever OTG hyper with Morrigan instead of Astral Vision when you DHC? ;o guaranteed damage and you always end up with too much meter anyways.

JeTmAn81

Ultimoo said:
Ammy/Tron/Sentinel. Super Armor beats everything, lawl.

Blocking beats Super Armor. I think all but the trickiest of Hulks should be pretty easy to defend against. The ones I've run into which give me the most trouble are those that use assists and relentless Hulk attacks to apply pressure. I really had trouble getting out of the corner once one Hulk opponent got me there and pinned me down with a surprising amount of mixups, not just from assists but Hulk himself.

Neki

JeTmAn81 said:
Blocking beats Super Armor. I think all but the trickiest of Hulks should be pretty easy to defend against. The ones I've run into which give me the most trouble are those that use assists and relentless Hulk attacks to apply pressure. I really had trouble getting out of the corner once one Hulk opponent got me there and pinned me down with a surprising amount of mixups, not just from assists but Hulk himself.

Yeah I know, if I snap in Hulk in the corner he's usually going to die in two combos. The thing is I go for an overhead and he just uses H to smash through all three of my characters whose game is centered around overheads into combos.

JeTmAn81

Ultimoo said:
Yeah I know, if I snap in Hulk in the corner he's usually going to die in two combos. The thing is I go for an overhead and he just uses H to smash through all three of my characters whose game is centered around overheads into combos.

The Hulk usually forces you to play defensively, and either let him strike first or zone him. I was able to frustrate one Hulk pretty well by spamming Taskmaster's arrows (diagonal up from the ground, covering the high space) and Sentinel's drone assist (covering the low space). He had a very tough time closing the gap and lost a lot of health in doing so. Of course, I'm sure smarter Hulks can use well-timed super jumps and assist coverage to get in more effectively. Either that or just switch out to a different character, preferably one with a teleport.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Excerpt from the pre-E3 interview posted here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432391

IGN: What's up with downloadable content for Marvel vs. Capcom 3? We haven't heard anything.

Svensson: I'm going to ask you to wait and see. We have been more radio silent than I would like us to be.

No idea how to interpret that other than it does seem whatever DLC plans they had have been altered at some point for some reason.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
At this point yes, but in the timespan of March - May I don't think that was the reasoning.

kirblar

Nils said:
At this point yes, but in the timespan of March - May I don't think that was the reasoning.
At that point it was probably all up in the air due to Super MvC3. I'm guessing we'll get 2 more DLC characters for MvC3, bringing the original roster + DLC to 40. Then with Super, they'll add 20 + 4 DLC, just to beat MvC2.

I think I'm done with the game for a while. I'm not all that salty, but I can't stand playing with Hsien-Ko anymore and I'm the kind of person who is really inflexible so picking up a new character is nearly as tough as building a new team. I'll just practice her Rimoukon strategy on player matches and training mode instead. I can't handle playing against super armor, incredibly good assists and amazing mobility with a character who is quite possibly the bottom of the barrel.

School is right around the corner as well. Yeah, I really hope they add strider, the Captain or some other better characters for the next MvC. I'm not all that interested in anyone else in this game so I'm stuck for now.
Ultimoo said:
I realized why I hate your team SolarPowered, you have Morrigan assist so you always have 2 more bars than me. bleeeeeeeeeeh.

also, why don't you ever OTG hyper with Morrigan instead of Astral Vision when you DHC? ;o guaranteed damage and you always end up with too much meter anyways.
Astral vision is guaranteed 500K+ and possible assist damage against everyone except you and Q so it's more a matter of recognizing who I'm fighting. I'm also having some problems pulling off the input(same as Rimoukon and Ammy's level 3) for her OTG hyper. It's one of the most awkward inputs for me and it fucking sucks that Rimoukon happens to use it.

You can also relaunch someone with Morrigan during Tenrai-Ha if you time it properly which gives you some options for her level 3 or shadow blade+finishing shower.

kirblar

I can't play MvC3 online. Due to the pace, the lag just affects it so much more strongly than it does SFIV. The tournament's gonna be the first time I play online in a while.

Played a kid who used Sent / Tron / Hsien-ko. He basically flew around the top of the screen with Sent and spammed the hell out of golden Hsien-ko and Tron assist, the second he caught me with one he'd drop down with a frying pan into launch combo. Pains me to admit how often it worked and how much I struggled with it :\

Grecco said:
Doc Ock and Frank West have to happen before Super MVC3 launches. Theres those 2 spots left.
We got shit for that question. It's been something like four months and we got a sentence for answer.

shit
Sir Garbageman said:
Played a kid who used Sent / Tron / Hsien-ko. He basically flew around the top of the screen with Sent and spammed the hell out of golden Hsien-ko and Tron assist, the second he caught me with one he'd drop down with a frying pan into launch combo. Pains me to admit how often it worked and how much I struggled with it :\
It's kind of hard to help if we don't know who you play with.

Ferrio

Banned
SolarPowered said:
I think I'm done with the game for a while. I'm not all that salty, but I can't stand playing with Hsien-Ko anymore and I'm the kind of person who is really inflexible so picking up a new character is nearly as tough as building a new team. I'll just practice her Rimoukon strategy on player matches and training mode instead. I can't handle playing against super armor, incredibly good assists and amazing mobility with a character who is quite possibly the bottom of the barrel. .

Join us in Blazblue!

SolarPowered said:
It's kind of hard to help if we don't know who you play with.

She-Hulk / Task / Akuma

Tried to go for airthrows and super-jumped a ton trying to get on top of him, but didn't work. I played poorly and was pissed at how effective his "lame" tactics were.

Ferrio said:
Join us in Blazblue!
Yeah, I've been meaning to give the game some more attention again.
Ultimoo said:
Don't tell me you've left too. :(
Q, Prototype and Ferrio bounced a while back. Q seems to be especially attached to BlazBlue.
Sir Garbageman said:
She-Hulk / Task / Akuma

Tried to go for airthrows and super-jumped a ton trying to get on top of him, but didn't work. I played poorly and was pissed at how effective his "lame" tactics were.
You've got to use Akuma's tatsu game in the air paired with Tasky's upward arrow assists to keep him grounded(obviously watch out for Hard Drive). Taskmaster and Akuma should be punishing the living shit out of his assists if he wants to superjump too. The both of them have some of the fastest projectile hypers in the game and Taskmaster has several aiming options.

That kind of problem is easily solved with more experience.

More like Q has ascended. Anyone who plays BlazBlue can tell you that one.

Edit: I might change this avatar down the road too. Fucking Capcom had to gimp Hsien-Ko of all characters...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
haunts said:
did someone say sentinel was easy to play? (facepalm)
About 20x easier than every other character to pick up and play really. Also lol @ haunts on blast.

Man, some days this thread is dead, and sometimes there's so much it's hard to catch up on. I'm still betting on MvC3 DLC though, but really, the wait for more is killing me. This game is already my GOTY, and I just want even more.

Professor Beef said:
Ascended Saiyans are stronger, but slower. Just look at Trunks and Vegeta.
You must be confused. You are thinking of Ultra super saiyans. That is the point at which muscle mass affects the speed of the user.

Why are we talking about this lol

"Call assist +Overhead item toss?"

Overhead item toss takes forever to come back down. Doesn't really work in practice, maybe with Cold Star, but that's a big maybe.

Toski

Killa Sasa said:
Spider-Man doesn't need any OTG's or other wall/groundbounces as is, he does plenty of damage on his own and/or with assists. Not many are as mobile as him and do his type of damage.
His mobility is his biggest asset, but his biggest drawback is taking that mobility and doing damage. His ground normals aren't the greatest (standing and crouching M says hello), and has trouble doing damage on an opponent if they don't juggle properly.

Karsticles said:
OTGs/wall bounces are just another way to extend combos. Spider-man has a ground bounce that he can continue from as well as Spider Swing. Captain America can continue combos via Shield Slash loops.

I think, when all is said and done, Spider-man will be acknowledged as a good character, but unlike most of the top characters right now, he takes work. You can't just Berserker Slash and Dive Kick to victory with Spider-man. Every single top tier character in this game right now shares one thing in common: ease of use.
Magneto is easy to use? You could've fooled me. The difference between Spidey's ground bounce and Wolvie's is that Wolvie's is more intuitive. The dive kick can be done anytime and is usually safe. Spidey's is done as an addition to unsafe special move and has to be done grounded. I think making UWT a level 3 which OTGs isn't asking for much.

As the metagame develops, I think the characters who can convert a hard knockdown with an OTG into a full combo by themselves will be more competitive than those who can't. Thats not to say that characters who can't do it are shit (Wolverine says hi), but they will be left behind. I mean if I had Marlin Pie execution, I would take C.Viper over Spider-Man almost all the time.

smurfx

get some go again
i have finally done it! i finally beat EviltoasterofFP! i haven't been able to beat him in all our encounters in ranked. sure i've beaten several high lords but this one means the most to me.

edit: nevermind my last statement. he is a master lord so this wins means even more now! hell it means more to me for some reason than beating el panadero who is ranked number 1 right now on xbox live.

jdub03

Just did that dormmamu fly combo in a match to win it. I think I'm starting to like option-select stream more then WNF. They seem to show the most new tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom