• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabae

Banned
Dahbomb said:
FlashMetroid's Iron Man runs a truck through most teams. People unfamiliar with the match up are getting blown the fuck up.

Also he is playing Iron Man very efficiently. Like you think he is not adding in the extra hits because he may not be aware of them but it's really because he has Tron assist and the hits from the assist will cause a lot of hit stun deterioration, limiting the combo. You really have to be aware of how you started the combo otherwise you can't get the full combo out. He also doesn't do cr.L, cr.M, st.H, S because he just doesn't want to even deal with the cr.H.

Yeah, I'm sure there were plenty of times he launched opponents naked, and went for the least optimized combo. That doesn't say anything negative about Flash, really. Just seems like he's been focusing on Dante, and probably just hasn't had time to keep up with the new IM shit yet. I agree with everything else.

def sim

Anyone else having trouble connecting to people online? I'm starting to use online more and I'm finding out that there are a number of people on my friends list that I just can't play with.

These same people I played HDR/Vanilla/Super with no problem. :(

My NAT is open, my ports are forwarded (I think, will recheck), and I have a baller connection so I don't understand the problem.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
rance said:
Anyone else having trouble connecting to people online? I'm starting to use online more and I'm finding out that there are a number of people on my friends list that I just can't play with.

These same people I played HDR/Vanilla/Super with no problem. :(

My NAT is open, my ports are forwarded (I think, will recheck), and I have a baller connection so I don't understand the problem.
If your on 360, make sure ports 88, 80, 3074, and 53 are forwarded. TCP and UDP both just to be safe. Or, in case you've had a router reset recently, check if the IP they're forwarded to is correct. I have to put int he new IP every time I reset my router, which is often cause my internet is kinda shifty.

Neki

Using some new bnb with Dorm, think I stole it from CJ.

j.H c.LMS j.MMHS P1(OTG) dash-fly-move forward j.HS land c.MS j.MMHS DP+H xx QCF+LM

Looks badass when you're floating, adds a half meter and like 50k to the regular bnb, yes!

740k with one meter is awesome. :p

edit: I don't even know if you need the Fly, but it's the only reason I use it because it makes it look so much cooler. lawl.

smurfx

get some go again
oh lord i just played some player matches and was god awful. my timing was absolute shit and i dropped all my combos. i was even having trouble pressing M. played a ranked match by mistake and won by the skin of my teeth! i think this atkins diet is making me play like crap. that or the fact that i slept 3 hours yesterday and worked from 7 am to freaking 10 pm today. anyway i turned off the game.

Dahbomb

You don't need the fly at all. I don't use the fly cancel for Dorm relaunch combos. It doesn't look as flashy but it gets the job done.

Ferrio said:
What's blaz missing then? Overpowered comeback features? Glitches that make some teams way better than the rest of the cast? Touch of death combos for a majority cast of the characters?
It's not a 3 on 3 fighting game. The team mechanics/team building is what separates MVC3 from the rest of the fighters.

If taken strictly as a 1 on 1 fighter, MVC3 hardly qualifies as a legit fighter.

Neki

well we're playing marvel baby, we need to be as flashy as possible. unnecessary button-mashing and moves for the win.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
It's not a 3 on 3 fighting game. The team mechanics/team building is what separates MVC3 from the rest of the fighters.

If taken strictly as a 1 on 1 fighter, MVC3 hardly qualifies as a legit fighter.

So you're agreeing with me?

Dahbomb said:
You don't need the fly at all. I don't use the fly cancel for Dorm relaunch combos. It doesn't look as flashy but it gets the job done.

At least until skullgirls comes out. I'm not going to be silly and pretend that it'll steal even one bit of marketshare, but it's very existence is enough to set something in motion.

Dahbomb

Ferrio said:
So you're agreeing with me?
The original statement said that MVC3 had mechanics and features not seen in fighters like BlazBlue hence why it's one of the best fighters out there. I was agreeing with that statement.

Hard to compare BlazBlue and MVC3, one being a 1on1 fighter and the other being 3on3. MVC3 having X Factor, DHC glitch and TODs doesn't at all make it a lesser game simply because it's 3 on 3.

I figured I may as well ask and check for some answers later on.

What did you think our latest go around, Ultimoo(besides the laaaag that ruined some matches)? I'm finally getting the hang of using Rimoukon in a match(somewhat).

Neki

uh, let's see.

your Hsien-KO rushdown gets a little too obvious sometimes, you try to mix it up with air dashes, but her air dash is terrible. Your Hsien-KO rushdown would also be more effective if you had an assist covering you. Your Morrigan rush-down is extremely weak to air throws, if I wasn't using Wesker, I would have tried abusing that more. I'd recommend covering your entrance with Hsien-KO gold armor, or maybe a soul fist in the air. Your ammy play is still weak, you drop combos and the ones you get are very basic. You need to learn the basic c.M + f.HHHHHS + j.HHH xx QCF + H land + s.MS TK QCF + AA combo at least. If you do that combo, you can also at the MS TK QCF+AA part, do M + f.HH xx DP + AA for a level 3 instead.

honestly, I'd say your biggest problem is you only use assists in hit-confirm combos / meter building. If people know how to stop your rush-down / block, then your play becomes extremely weak. Beam assists / drones will keep your opponent cornered and unable to move, allowing you better chances to get in. If you notice, my Ammy play becomes extremely strong in corners because I have drones to keep them from super jumping out, and then I have tron flame assist to punish anyone who gets greedy by pressing a button. Only some characters get away with no assist usage to cover them, but even then, all characters will benefit from assists covering them when rushing down.

Ultimoo said:
uh, let's see.

your Hsien-KO rushdown gets a little too obvious sometimes, you try to mix it up with air dashes, but her air dash is terrible. Your Hsien-KO rushdown would also be more effective if you had an assist covering you. Your Morrigan rush-down is extremely weak to air throws, if I wasn't using Wesker, I would have tried abusing that more. I'd recommend covering your entrance with Hsien-KO gold armor, or maybe a soul fist in the air. Your ammy play is still weak, you drop combos and the ones you get are very basic. You need to learn the basic c.M + f.HHHHHS + j.HHH xx QCF + H land + s.MS TK QCF + AA combo at least. If you do that combo, you can also at the MS TK QCF+AA part, do M + f.HH xx DP + AA for a level 3 instead.

honestly, I'd say your biggest problem is you only use assists in hit-confirm combos / meter building. If people know how to stop your rush-down / block, then your play becomes extremely weak. Beam assists / drones will keep your opponent cornered and unable to move, allowing you better chances to get in. If you notice, my Ammy play becomes extremely strong in corners because I have drones to keep them from super jumping out, and then I have tron flame assist to punish anyone who gets greedy by pressing a button. Only some characters get away with no assist usage to cover them, but even then, all characters will benefit from assists covering them when rushing down.
I'm actually very conscious of several of these things. A list might help...

Problems:
-I've gotten into the habit of using Morrigan's other standard attacks in the air. It's either low, medium or S because of how quickly Morrigan gets those attacks out(and how well S attack works on assists like Tron assists and sentinel). I used to grab constantly when the game first came out because very few characters had priority in the air(unlike now where I have to worry about all kinds of shenanigans) and people were really mashy.

-My Hsien-Ko rush down is absolutely pitiful without some sort of beam assist or an assist with special properties(think drones or hidden missiles) and I've been aware of this from the start. It doesn't help that her projectiles are so weak that they can only destroy one drone. I think her airdash is also supremely fucked in such a way that her air blocks are broken(I can block on a dime with Morrigan and Ammy and you've seen how quickly I react with Darkness illusion if the situation calls for it). I've actually talked with my cousin about this quite a bit and anyone who sees me playing has got to notice it. I don't see any way around this particular weakness except dropping her for someone else.

-My Ammy was not as good as I thought it was for several reasons. Firstly, I've still got a lot to learn and secondly, I'm still trying to get the hang of performing an Okami shuffle right after the standard Ammy combo that you like to pull off. One look at it during the WNF tournament and I was able to pull it off with an 80%(give or take 10%) success rate with the 360 pad, but the Hori pad is giving me some trouble. Weapon change combos are also more difficult to pull off on this pad because diagonals are kind of fucked(that is why I switched to using buttons for dashes which works better now). Weapon change combos came to me pretty well on the 360. I've definitely got my work cut out for me with Ammy, but if I can finally work Rimoukon into my strategy then I can do this.

I think I'm just at a point where I'm overhauling my strategy and the glaring weaknesses in my team are becoming apparent. It doesn't help that I play on two different pads and that I'm playing at a higher level than ever before while using one of the worst characters in the game. You have to admit that I'm at least better than the first time we played. I also have two questions regarding Hsien-Ko that I'd like to ask and I'd like them to be a yes or no kind of deal(nice and short). It won't necessarily mean that I will change, but I think it'll help me rethink what I'm doing with my team here.

Should I drop Hsien-Ko? If I have to drop her who do you actually see as a good fit for me(not just for my team)?

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Never because you announced your allegiance with the BlazBlue scene instead of our holiness that is Marvel!
Well you're inferior Xbox GAF so it doesn't matter what you think.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
Well you're inferior Xbox GAF so it doesn't matter what you think.

Sure it does. Best part is we can think it while retaining all of our personal information online and without having our online capabilities yanked for over half a month.

Neki

shaowebb said:
Sure it does. Best part is we can think it while retaining all of our personal information online and without having our online capabilities yanked for over half a month.
And I'm still probably better than 90% of Xbox GAF even though I lost a month of practice time.

oh snap.

I went there lol.

Dahbomb

I just saw the MK patch notes for the latest patch and it made me sad.

Almost 90% nerfs with very few buffs. I hope MVC3 doesn't follow this trend, I want to see way more buffs than nerfs (except on X Factor LULZ).

kirblar

Dahbomb said:

Almost 90% nerfs with very few buffs. I hope MVC3 doesn't follow this trend, I want to see way more buffs than nerfs (except on X Factor LULZ).
I can't think of a lot of nerfs I'd actually feel the need to implement besides Wesker/Taskmaster's HP and Magneto's meter gain on his H's.

High-powered stuff is fun, and it feels like buffing the lower-tier characters would be the best way to do balance things out.

El Sloth

Banned
I thought those that watched the recent Canadian tourney might appreciate this:

W4gIt.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:

In total agreement. I feel the game is beautiful as is balance wise, and just needs some time to breathe and let the metagame evolve.

All I'd do really is:
- Tone down the speed boost in XF
- Increase the range of IM's launcher so it's the size of Hulk's standing H
- Give CapAm back his double jump
- Get rid of Shuma's "You just got served" pose after hypers.
- Give Arthur faster projectiles for posterity
- Nerf MarlinPie's execution
- Increase the damage on Jill's gun hyper slightly, it's even more embarrassing than Phantom Dance in it's current state
- Let Ryu combo out of overhead

And we have a perfectly balanced game. Your welcome, Capcom.

SmokeMaxX

enzo_gt said:
- Increase the range of IM's launcher so it's the size of Hulk's standing H
- Give CapAm back his double jump
You want IM to get a full screen launcher (well 66%...)
And Cap Am should get his infinite back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SmokeMaxX said:
You want IM to get a full screen launcher (well 66%...)
And Cap Am should get his infinite back.
Yeah your right, not big enough, make it full screen infront of him like big bang ;)

And yeah Cap should get his infinite back, unless someone finds some new tech with him. Not too worried about Cap though. They should make his shield even more invincible if they can, even.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dahbomb said:

I think most of the stuff in the Mk patch was warranted tbh. The removal of the otg smoke bomb sucks but everything else makes sense really.

Dahbomb said:

I've had my gripes with this game, but it's really hard for me to imagine a second version with a bunch of new changes.

JeTmAn81

Parallax Scroll said:
When I'm watching a match now, I see the trollface on Wolverine every time he dive kicks.
I actually tried playing some Wolverine today and in spite of all the hype I couldn't seem to combo out of the dive kick very easily. Is there some trick to it?

Kimosabae

Banned
JeTmAn81 said:
I actually tried playing some Wolverine today and in spite of all the hype I couldn't seem to combo out of the dive kick very easily. Is there some trick to it?

It only yields combos on counter hit. It's good because it's a great pressure tool because its hitbox is generous and stays out forever, not necessarily because of combos.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Eh? It seems like the MK dudes are actually doing a good job. I'm no MK9 expert, but that list doesn't seem to bad. I'm not saying Marvel should be treated the same way. They seem like Saints in comparison to Capcom, in regards to them actually keeping up with it. We'll see what Capcom does after E3 and Evo though (lol more shadow battles).

How do you dudes keep up with 3 fighting games at a time? I tried going back to Blazblue and SF4 from this and Holy Shit was/is it a struggle. :|

Gotta prep my Dictator for the Gundam twins invasion.

Neki

Nope.

I learned Ryan Hunter's Lvl3 whip combo with Ammy, but it's so sad that it does a little less damage than a straight disc combo into level 3, but oh so much more flashier.

smurfx

get some go again
salva said:
I don't give a fuck what was that, but you just got extremely lucky, smurf. I just missed that special by the end.
lmao its mahvel baby! you got lucky too! i tried two times to do zero's level 3 on your ass and my stupid control screwed up the command and sent him running towards you. :p man your dante/sentinel assist combo makes me hate dante all over again.

salva said:
Alright, so i just beat smurfxilla's ass real good. Is there somebody else i can match that's worth my time? ;b
spoke too soon. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom