• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Watching the stream right now, accidentally fell asleep while MLG was going on.

edit: who plays dark phoenix? I need dark phoenix practice tomorrow.

USD

Final Roundbats is going on right now with SSFIV, but earlier there was some MvC3:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15153983

Casuals at 48:00, the actual tourney starts at about 1:01:00. Haven't watched myself, but skipping around, I saw that Frieda is Grand Finals, and I've heard he's one of the best Marvel 3 players in Japan.

Neki

fought some guy who used Thor/Hulk/Magneto. Fricking, he dhcs into Hulk after an Odin's Tornado and he does 800k with only two meter, FU. Once again, still hate Hulk. All he does is Gamma Charge and break through all my attacks. Why does his ground bouncing attacks have to get super armor too? so ridiculous and easy to hitconfirm then. -_- But Hulk gets blown up with drones pressure SO ALL GOOD I GUESS. Also working on a new team of Dorm/Wesker/Sent, but that hasn't worked out yet.

h3ro said:
Any big tourneys today?

MAT VIII is happening today in Montreal, but I honestly don't know when it's starting or what big names are going up to it.

It is an EVO season event though, so we might see a few big names come up for that reason alone.

Dahbomb

With my level of execution? Probably never. :(

Even though the guy was in the video was using the easier Iron Man combos (mostly just double jump combo with like one flight mode combo) he had so much set ups/mix ups that I had never even thought of doing. It's like Viscant level stuff there. At least I knew of the double overhead which he used very briefly.

My day 1 team for MVC3 has been Wolverine/Iron Man/Akuma. My Wolverine and Akuma are on point from basically watching all the streams. Hit confirming off of a Berserker Slash is now second nature to me and some instant overheads too.

I haven't had anything to learn off of with Iron Man. The stuff I can actually do in a match is mostly early Iron Man stuff but I still get work done with him backed up by Akuma assist. Certainly more than Viscant or JChen when they used Iron Man.

I am also much better with Wesker whom I have put in like 1/10th the effort with Iron Man. Again, so much more Wesker exposure than Iron Man exposure.

h3ro

Ultimoo said:
When are you ever going to get good at Iron Man and show us Dahbomb? :p

"Hey Derek, when ya gonna drop Magnum on us, buddy?"

"Not yet Billy Zane, you gotta tame the beast before you let it out of the cage."

Dahbomb

Also my Iron Man is SHIT compared to FlashMetroid's. His Iron Man is the only Iron Man I can actually look at to improve my game.

Kimosabae

Banned
Flash's Iron Man is easily the best right now, but it seems to be stagnating. Outside some Dante Assist combos I saw nothing new from him and he's actually missing some potential damage from his Auto Pilot BnBs. He's gonna let peeps catch up faster than necessary if he doesn't stay on his toes.

Is the Marvel guide right? Does Iron Man really get 230% damage on top of his crazy 21% speed increase in lvl 3 x-factor? That's by far the biggest overall boost in the game.

I want to experiment with Jill/Doom/Iron Man. Iron Man's assist is way better than Cold Star, and I'm more comfortable with him than Ammy.

Neki

God's Beard said:
Is the Marvel guide right? Does Iron Man really get 230% damage on top of his crazy 21% speed increase in lvl 3 x-factor? That's by far the biggest overall boost in the game.

I want to experiment with Jill/Doom/Iron Man. Iron Man's assist is way better than Cold Star, and I'm more comfortable with him than Ammy.

How can you be more comfortable with Iron Man over Ammy? looool.

Varjet

God's Beard said:
I think I read on SRK that in lvl 3 his actual damage multiplier is only 1.7.

USD said:
Final Roundbats is going on right now with SSFIV, but earlier there was some MvC3:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15153983
Thanks for the link, always nice to see some Joe gameplay at tournaments.

Dahbomb

Kimosabae said:
Flash's Iron Man is easily the best right now, but it seems to be stagnating. Outside some Dante Assist combos I saw nothing new from him and he's actually missing some potential damage from his Auto Pilot BnBs. He's gonna let peeps catch up faster than necessary if he doesn't stay on his toes.
FlashMetroid's Iron Man runs a truck through most teams. People unfamiliar with the match up are getting blown the fuck up.

Also he is playing Iron Man very efficiently. Like you think he is not adding in the extra hits because he may not be aware of them but it's really because he has Tron assist and the hits from the assist will cause a lot of hit stun deterioration, limiting the combo. You really have to be aware of how you started the combo otherwise you can't get the full combo out. He also doesn't do cr.L, cr.M, st.H, S because he just doesn't want to even deal with the cr.H.

FlashMetroid is going to make a name for Iron Man at CEO. James Chen and others will be flabbergasted. Especially if he makes it to top 8.

I want to experiment with Jill/Doom/Iron Man. Iron Man's assist is way better than Cold Star, and I'm more comfortable with him than Ammy
That is definitely INCORRECT DATA if it's stated in the guide.

It's actually more like 175%. Decent but not godlike. LOL if Iron Man has 230% damage boost I would be playing him anchor. He doesn't even need assists but having them in the bag really ups his game.

I suspect Wolverine being able to cancel into Berserker Charge from Berserker Slash to safety won't be happening in SMvC3.
Most people use it with an assist anyway. Also if the Slash whiffs and they super cancel anyway you can still punish. Has happened to me a few times.

If they don't make it "safe" it would mean that Wolverine can't follow up into a full combo after BS -> BC which is a huge source of his strength. With that he can hit confirm into a full combo from full screen almost which acts as a free cross up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Iron Man technology

Stark enterprises hard at work to make sure that Tony is MARVEL enough for MVC3.

The technology on display almost takes me back to the days of MVC2. It might be the music though...
This video was informative as hell, props for posting. Thanks for posting. I mean, I can't do half this shit anyways, but now I fully accept Iron Man being an underrated member of the cast. Looking forward to applying some of that into my own combos.

Even watching that, I didn't know his launcher hitbox was THAT big. Still shitty in practice though.

Ultimoo said:
How can you be more comfortable with Iron Man over Ammy? looool.

Everybody makes fun of me for it, but I have a debilitating need to use combos to their maximum potential. After these months since the game came out, I've finally decided to swap to characters that don't have as much bizarre technology and work on my resets and setups. Doom and Iron Man both let me do that without the constant itch to stretch out combos. Never once have I tried to make anything past the Buktooth loop with Doom, but with Ammy and Magneto, I'm fucking myself over with hundreds of hours of combo development and no real match practice.

So what I'm doing is dropping everything where I have that compulsion, and here's the characters I have left that I like:

Doom
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Jill
Sentinel
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
Zero
Morrigan

Characters I'm dropping:

Magneto
Amaterasu
Dormammu
MODOK
Felicia
Deadpool
Chun Li
Phoenix
Trish
C.Viper
Dante
Arthur
Shuma

So basically that leaves me with a few team options, with these I think being the most interesting:

Jill/Zero/Iron Man
Zero/Sentinel/Wesker
Sentinel/Doom/Wesker

I need to test the DHC trick with Wesker/Doom, Jill/Doom and Wesker/Jill as well.

Ultimoo said:
what's the point of practicing if you never actually play.
That's what I meeeeeeaaaan. :-(

I'm changing to characters where I won't be tempted to train so hard with, so I'll just practice with online matches all the time instead.

Neki

God's Beard said:
That's what I meeeeeeaaaan. :-(

I'm changing to characters where I won't be tempted to train so hard with, so I'll just practice with online matches all the time instead.

let's all just quit marvel and play blazblue

jdub03

Ultimoo said:

I would if I didn't already invest so much time into Marvel and soon to be AE. I think I'll eventually pick up blazblue. Maybe after the salt levels in marvel reach a maximum.

Anybody have a good team order for wesker/dormammu/magneto. I've been toying with it and this seems to be the best setup. Magneto can fight without and assist. Wesker and dorm benefit from having beam assist coupled with their teleports.

Neki

jdub03 said:
I would if I didn't already invest so much time into Marvel and soon to be AE. I think I'll eventually pick up blazblue. Maybe after the salt levels in marvel reach a maximum.

Anybody have a good team order for wesker/dormammu/magneto. I've been toying with it and this seems to be the best setup. Magneto can fight without and assist. Wesker and dorm benefit from having beam assist coupled with their teleports.

I'd put Dormmamu on point because gunshot allows him to extend his combo by another full air loop, unless you do that already with Magneto and flame carpet.

Fuck Blazblue, game is ass. There's only 1 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure character and the game is slow.

Also, Wesker/Doom, Jill/Doom DHC trick doesn't work unless you're willing to use lvl 3 or x-factor.

HOWEVER.

Wesker -> Jill does work! I don't know how useful it is(L command grab DHC raven Spike), but it's there if you want to get Wesker out of there while still getting a full combo. You could also pretty easily DHC trick back into Wesker for 4 bars, but the combo would probably get 3 back.

Dartastic

Ultimoo said:
Not gonna lie, once AE is out I'm going to jump onto that and then possibly drop Marvel all together once Skullgirls comes out. Unless Super MvC is awesome, or has characters I REALLY wanna play or something it's very possible I'm not going to be playing much more of this.

Neki

God's Beard said:
Fuck Blazblue, game is ass. There's only 1 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure character and the game is slow.

Also, Wesker/Doom, Jill/Doom DHC trick doesn't work unless you're willing to use lvl 3 or x-factor.

HOWEVER.

Wesker -> Jill does work! I don't know how useful it is(L command grab DHC raven Spike), but it's there if you want to get Wesker out of there while still getting a full combo. You could also pretty easily DHC trick back into Wesker for 4 bars, but the combo would probably get 3 back.

I have to DHC glitch out of a throw/counter with Ammy, it's such a waste of meter, lol.

Dartastic said:
Not gonna lie, once AE is out I'm going to jump onto that and then possibly drop Marvel all together once Skullgirls comes out. Unless Super MvC is awesome, or has characters I REALLY wanna play or something it's very possible I'm not going to be playing much more of this.

I haven't even played you before. You must be Xbox-GAF. :p

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
This video was informative as hell, props for posting. Thanks for posting. I mean, I can't do half this shit anyways, but now I fully accept Iron Man being an underrated member of the cast. Looking forward to applying some of that into my own combos.

Even watching that, I didn't know his launcher hitbox was THAT big. Still shitty in practice though.
Those combos aren't that hard, except for maybe the flight one. Most of those are the day 1 double jump combos that I feel every Iron Man player should have down pat.

And God's Beard you don't wanna pick Iron Man if you are afraid of dropping combos in live matches. Especially if you dropped Magneto since Iron Man is similar to Magneto. Unless you are content with just using the double jump BnB. You also don't want to use Iron Man if you plan on abusing DHC glitch.

One thing is for sure, Iron Man + Wesker is a match made in heaven.

Dahbomb said:
Those combos aren't that hard, except for maybe the flight one. Most of those are the day 1 double jump combos that I feel every Iron Man player should have down pat.

And God's Beard you don't wanna pick Iron Man if you are afraid of dropping combos in live matches. Especially if you dropped Magneto since Iron Man is similar to Magneto. Unless you are content with just using the double jump BnB. You also don't want to use Iron Man if you plan on abusing DHC glitch.

One thing is for sure, Iron Man + Wesker is a match made in heaven.

I didn't drop Magnus because of my execution, I dropped him because I was wasting time making new combos instead of playing. I won't have that problem with Iron Man.

enzo_gt said:
Quitting Marvel? To go play BlazBlue instead?!

YOU ARE, DEFEATED.
Ultimoo said:

Ascended players are all in the BlazBlue scene now.
Dartastic said:
Skullgirls is going to be awesome as fuck. The game looks better and better by the day. SMvC3 had better blow my breeches off if they want my money come spring 2012(we all know it's coming).

kitzkozan

SolarPowered said:
Ascended players are all in the BlazBlue scene now.

Skullgirls is going to be awesome as fuck. The game looks better and better by the day. SMvC3 had better blow my breeches off if they want my money come spring 2012(we all know it's coming).

I don't doubt for a second that super MvC3 will absolutely rock! :D Won't be perfect of course, especially sine it's an leave and take affair with Capcom these days ( the game will be more rebalanced, new characters and stages and spectator mode+replays but it will be fucked up in another aspect ) .

jdub03

Ultimoo said:
I'd put Dormmamu on point because gunshot allows him to extend his combo by another full air loop, unless you do that already with Magneto and flame carpet.

I haven't done any otg combos with dorm yet. I really should start doing them though.

I love Dorm because his combos are so eaaaaaaaasy :-(

tri dash blah blah air combo, otg assist, flight, blah blah air combo, purification chaotic flame. So free it hurts.

kirblar

I wonder how long it will take for Yun to get soft/hard-banned if no "secret tech" emerges.

But seriously, I just want to play games I can find fun and find offline opponents for easily, and right now, that's Marvel and SSFIV.

Ok I've got a basic Iron Man BnB down:

2L2MHS, jMMH2H, double jump, MH, flight, LMHS, L Bombs xx Proton Cannon

That should be serviceable for now. Just to work on a couple resets and xcopy some Viscant setups for Jill and Wesker and I'm good to go.

By the way, the Wesker to Jill DHC trick is HARD AS FUCK. It's pretty rediculous, I think I'm going to go with a different setup. It might have to be Wesker/Dante/Iron Man, but I don't really want to get trapped into another combo character.

I can't think of anybody else that can self-OTG and start and end the DHC trick, though. I might just look at the starters, because there are weird ways to make ending work, especially with Wesker's command grabs starting.

I mean, who thought that Raven Spike could start and end the DHC trick?

edit: They don't need to self-OTG if they have a quick super. Zero's clones startup fast enough to call an assist, but Jill's Raven Spike doesn't.

Dahbomb said:
Iron Man technology

Stark enterprises hard at work to make sure that Tony is MARVEL enough for MVC3.

The technology on display almost takes me back to the days of MVC2. It might be the music though...

Snap...

Well, back to the lab with my terrible IM. It's been hard watching Flash be the only IM to learn from. Thanks for this.

Lothars

kitzkozan said:
I don't doubt for a second that super MvC3 will absolutely rock! :D Won't be perfect of course, especially sine it's an leave and take affair with Capcom these days ( the game will be more rebalanced, new characters and stages and spectator mode+replays but it will be fucked up in another aspect ) .

I doubt it will be fucked up in another aspect, I think it will correct the major things that are missing in MVC3, I also still feel that MVC3 has one of the best fighting game mechanics compared to most fighting games, heck I think it's way better than blazblue but blazeblue has alot of great content but it's not as good as MVC3 in just a pure fighting mechanics.

Ferrio

Banned
Lothars said:
I doubt it will be fucked up in another aspect, I think it will correct the major things that are missing in MVC3, I also still feel that MVC3 has one of the best fighting game mechanics compared to most fighting games, heck I think it's way better than blazblue but blazeblue has alot of great content but it's not as good as MVC3 in just a pure fighting mechanics.

What's blaz missing then? Overpowered comeback features? Glitches that make some teams way better than the rest of the cast? Touch of death combos for a majority cast of the characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom