• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Sir Garbageman said:
Is there a trick for comboing after Wesker's OTG samurai edge? Just trying him out because I'm a tier whore and I can't get a simple LMH > launch > air MMHS > samurai edge > hyper down. Can't land a hyper or the crouching M for the eventual relaunch off the samurai edge. Whether I mash it out or try to time it nada. Best I get is the occasional teleport. What gives?
You can only land c.mp after samurai edge after a short combo. The combo you mentioned is too long, the hit stun deteriorates so that it won't combo.

You can always combo phantom dance by cancelling low gun into team hyper (or of course, x-factor cancel or using an assist to keep your opponent in place).

Solune

Sir Garbageman said:
Is there a trick for comboing after Wesker's OTG samurai edge? Just trying him out because I'm a tier whore and I can't get a simple LMH > launch > air MMHS > samurai edge > hyper down. Can't land a hyper or the crouching M for the eventual relaunch off the samurai edge. Whether I mash it out or try to time it nada. Best I get is the occasional teleport. What gives?
You cannot link C.M after the Samurai Edge after an aerial combo due to hitstun deterioration. To do a hyper you have to due THC (Both assist buttons)

Edit: beaten long ago.

smurfx

get some go again
ugh i think my new control may be a little defective. i'm having a hard time doing quarter circles forward and that kills me since taskmasters arrows are a big part of my offense. i can do it to the left just fine but this sucks big time.

Anybody ever been kicked off of Live while playing a game, then cannot sign back in?

This is crazy, I've restarted my router and modem. I just want to play people! hehe.

smurfx

get some go again
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Anybody ever been kicked off of Live while playing a game, then cannot sign back in?

This is crazy, I've restarted my router and modem. I just want to play people! hehe.
you try restarting your 360? it happened to me the other day and i had to restart my 360 to get it working again.

shaowebb

~Devil Trigger~ said:
as a Hulk player, the biggest mistake Hulk and Sentinel players make is not use throws/kara throws in their games.

Sentinel specially

Hulk throws are scary as hell when you face someone who uses them. You're doing jump ins or rushdowns and your thinking he's gonna try to use either jumping s or standing H to nail you so you time your stuff not to get hit by that, but then he grabbed and you start hearing the guy over live mashing for the extra throw damage. It's scary as hell because you never know whether he's vulnerable or just baiting you in after that.

With sent's range on grabs its also pretty slick to practice his stuff. Just so much air throwing not getting used. Sadly I only really put it to use with She-hulk and Taskmaster throws myself.

Shame on me.

smurfx

get some go again
lol today i got the worst humiliation i've ever had online. played this one 3rd lord and he whipped my ass good. the score ended up being 15-4. his sentinel wrecked me. i can usually take on sentinel easy but for some reason he blew me up. he was playing dr doom/sentinel/haggar. sentinel with haggar double lariat can be quite tricky indeed. even without haggar he still got me with his sentinel. humiliated i still went on ranked and stacked up a bunch of wins though. that got my confidence back a little.

Neki

smurfx said:
lol today i got the worst humiliation i've ever had online. played this one 3rd lord and he whipped my ass good. the score ended up being 15-4. his sentinel wrecked me. i can usually take on sentinel easy but for some reason he blew me up. he was playing dr doom/sentinel/haggar. sentinel with haggar double lariat can be quite tricky indeed. even without haggar he still got me with his sentinel. humiliated i still went on ranked and stacked up a bunch of wins though. that got my confidence back a little.

xbox gaf being scrubby as usual. D:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
? is he on live or something? link me up!
From the Running Sets part 2 video, when Mike Ross gets mad at Gootecks when he has something to say about him getting wrecked :lol

smurfx said:
you try restarting your 360? it happened to me the other day and i had to restart my 360 to get it working again.

I did that. Restarted my 360 like 5 times after doing the router like 10 times. It finally connected. Dumb hardware, haha.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
well I certainly can guess.

Ammy jumps in, what a surprise, smurfx calls haggar assist. repeat 30 more times until one of us is dead.
actually haggars hoodlum launcher works well against ammy.

Azure J

Ultimoo said:
I didn't think Mike Ross would be beat down so bad.

My personal favorite moment in that video was the DHC volley that ended with the Taskmaster counter super.

Hulk (mid-jump animation): "HULK SAYS FUCK THIS IM OUT"

Taskmaster: "Haha, how about no?"

tm24

Oh man, something recently clicked with me about this game. I was losing hope that i would ever be mediocre at this game when i was 121-147 in ranked. Then something happened in the lab with me choosing Dorm and the game made sense. Big thanks to Karsticles for his amazing work on his Dorm stuff and making me a better player. Then i made a run to 157-156 with some really good victories over some 5th lords along the way. It also lead to my first hatemail. Got some joy out of that

SNs10l.jpg

8g5qMl.jpg

Final Tally after 5 days of working it
Ikh75l.jpg

Thank MvC3-gaf for your hype keeping my interest in the game alive while i trained to be mediocre at this game!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
I didn't think Mike Ross would be beat down so bad.
Wait, it wasn't obvious enough that he wasn't trying at all?

The entire video is a gigantic troll. Go watch Ross actually play and you can see the difference in seconds.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Wait, it wasn't obvious enough that he wasn't trying at all?

The entire video is a gigantic troll. Go watch Ross actually play and you can see the difference in seconds.

I honestly doubt that, as much as I'd like to think he was losing 14-1 to be funny, we actually never got to see Mike Ross play half the time because he was getting rushed down all video, so it's hard to say if he was playing at full effort. Combofiend was just outclassing him. His combos were basically touch of death, and he had nasty mix-ups with assists and unblockables.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
I honestly doubt that, as much as I'd like to think he wanted to lose 14-1 is funny, we actually never got to see Mike Ross play half the time because he was getting rushed down all video, so it's hard to say if he was playing at full strength. Combofiend was just outclassing him. His combos were basically touch of death, and he had nasty mix-ups with assists and unblockables.
No doubt Combofiend is the better player, even with better hit confirms, but Ross' defensive and offensive game is completely different when hes actually trying. Ross also handles pressure differently too when he's actually trying, and takes about a thousand more risks no matter what caliber player he's against, in addition to his XF Sentinel doing different tricks too (cr.M XFC cr.M) when he's actually trying to be competitive. When he had XF Sent, he played mostly defensive anyways. The difference in play was so obvious to me though, even in the first vid, and it just helped the gag run on.

If anything, 3 losses in it because lazy casuals for him.

Toski

enzo_gt said:
No doubt Combofiend is the better player, even with better hit confirms, but Ross' defensive and offensive game is completely different when hes actually trying. Ross also handles pressure differently too when he's actually trying, and takes about a thousand more risks no matter what caliber player he's against, in addition to his XF Sentinel doing different tricks too (cr.M XFC cr.M) when he's actually trying to be competitive. When he had XF Sent, he played mostly defensive anyways. The difference in play was so obvious to me though, even in the first vid, and it just helped the gag run on.

If anything, 3 losses in it because lazy casuals for him.
Nah, Ross got mentally beat down. I think the one game Mike won was not because Combofiend threw it, rather Mike got ahead and Combo just quit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Toski said:
Nah, Ross got mentally beat down. I think the one game Mike won was not because Combofiend threw it, rather Mike got ahead and Combo just quit.
Mike Ross laughs in the face of defeat, he plays for fun over everything else. Maybe after a ton of those games he said fuck it and played lazy casuals like I said, but go back and watch the FIRST match he had with Combofiend, and then compare it to Mike Ross playing competitively. Stark contrast.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
He's never faced anyone as good as Combofiend, that's why.

oh snap.
Viscant. And he didn't play all yellow card from the start in that match either.

I didn't realize that it wasn't that painfully obvious how that was staged for maximum comedic effect from the start.

/killjoy

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Viscant. And he didn't play all yellow card from the start in that match either.

I didn't realize that it wasn't that painfully obvious how that was staged for maximum comedic effect from the start.

/killjoy

Viscant can't even finish Tron combos, lol.

Honestly, I'll agree with max comedic effect if the next episodes are of Mike Ross getting raped. I think the videos will be better if they're actually high level play instead of max comedic effect.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
Viscant can't even finish Tron combos, lol.

Honestly, I'll agree with max comedic effect if the next episodes are of Mike Ross getting raped. I think the videos will be better if they're actually high level play instead of max comedic effect.
The way it's going so far, I'd want some kind of triumphant return of the People's Champ where Combofiend gets B-L-O-W-N U-P by Ross's super secret Avengers team.

And then he rides off victoriously into the sunset with Deputy Gootecks by his side.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
The way it's going so far, I'd want some kind of triumphant return of the People's Champ where Combofiend gets B-L-O-W-N U-P by Ross's super secret Avengers team.

And then he rides off victoriously into the sunset with Deputy Gootecks by his side.

yo keep dreaming, just like how you dream of pulling off Iron Man combos.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
If only Ultimoo showed this much skill when it came to beating Q.

Oh wait.

You can do the talk to talk, but you don't even own Marvel. First to ten against Beef, Ultimoo wins by default. oh snap.

Ultimoo said:
looks like you ain't so hungry for a fight anymore.

go back to eating your chips, that's all your good at.

http://i.imgur.com/RtFa8.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

This is how I eat my Marvel chips.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PH9nQ.gif

Also, how do you guys feel about Taskmaster as an anchor over Iron Man?

I'm thinking about Dormammu/Wesker/Taskmaster.

The main thing is that arrows assist isn't as fast as the Iron Beam, but it pushes back and does less damage scaling while still keeping the opponent in a standing position. This means that Dormammu teleport mixups are a little easier to see coming, but the crossup is a little more ambiguous. With Wesker, it's harder to extend combos with arrows than the beam.

Neki

I approve. Taskmaster is easy mode, does more damage, has easier combos, greater utility, great poking, more health, and brain-dead easy to win with. What could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom