• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hey smurfx, I think we played a few during ranked. GG's man.
you had sentinel/haggar right? man that combo is kicking my ass right now. i want to train with either wesker or dormammu right now so i can replace zero when things aren't working out. ultimoo whats wrong man? you spitting fire today. i feel like i did something wrong to you.

I'm just worried about being able to get in without assists. I also feel weird using a team that doesn't have my crazy kill combos or the DHC glitch, but I guess that's why I chose this team. I can't seem to get above a million damage starting with Dorm or Wesker without spending a crap ton of meter or xfactor.

I think ideally down the line I'll use Dante/Wesker/Taskmaster, but I don't know any grapple combos.

smurfx

get some go again
is spencer hard to learn? i'm thinking of maybe giving him a try. really like what combofiend does with him and taskmaster.

Neki

smurfx said:
is spencer hard to learn? i'm thinking of maybe giving him a try. really like what combofiend does with him and taskmaster.
After playing Taskmaster, I think anyone would be hard to learn.

Spencer has very good anti-air with his grapples, and great mix-ups with a horizontal projectile assist. Learn good combos and he can also DHC glitch out for very high damage. Bionic arm is very good for punishing half screen away against random hypers or very frame heavy moves, or for punishing assists, combined with x-factor, is an instant kill on most assists and point characters if you double bionic arm and follow up. He has very good mobility and above average health. His combos are also relatively easy (the basic stuff)) and still do decent damage. He also has very good assists that synergize well with OTG pick-ups.

USD

There are few things more entertaining to watch than Mike Ross in despair. Combofiend laughing in the background just makes it even better.

thetruthuncoveredfkjq.gif

rocK`

Banned
smurfx said:

Spencer's combos aren't hard to learn. The only thing hard about him is getting in. Outside of his overhead mixups, he doesn't have the rush down game like Wesker has (obviously).

So find some good assists, maybe make him on point or your second point character.

@GodsBeard - Are you running Dormmamu on point? why? shouldn't you

Wesker/Dormmamu/Taskmaster? I don't really like that team either, it's lacking a solid closer, imo. Unless your task is godlike, i'd put:

Wesker/Task/Dormmamu and have Dorm just burn through the meter you gained, although I think you can DHC trick with dorm/task (eh, probably not, but I think you can TK a super after chaotic flames?)

Oh man, something recently clicked with me about this game. I was losing hope that i would ever be mediocre at this game when i was 121-147 in ranked. Then something happened in the lab with me choosing Dorm and the game made sense. Big thanks to Karsticles for his amazing work on his Dorm stuff and making me a better player. Then i made a run to 157-156 with some really good victories over some 5th lords along the way. It also lead to my first hatemail. Got some joy out of that
I'm glad you found it all helpful.

Also, how do you guys feel about Taskmaster as an anchor over Iron Man?

I'm thinking about Dormammu/Wesker/Taskmaster.

The main thing is that arrows assist isn't as fast as the Iron Beam, but it pushes back and does less damage scaling while still keeping the opponent in a standing position. This means that Dormammu teleport mixups are a little easier to see coming, but the crossup is a little more ambiguous. With Wesker, it's harder to extend combos with arrows than the beam.
I don't think Taskmaster anchors particularly well. I would swap Wesker and Taskmaster in the team order.

@GodsBeard - Are you running Dormmamu on point? why? shouldn't you

Wesker/Dormmamu/Taskmaster? I don't really like that team either, it's lacking a solid closer, imo. Unless your task is godlike, i'd put:

Wesker/Task/Dormmamu and have Dorm just burn through the meter you gained, although I think you can DHC trick with dorm/task (eh, probably not, but I think you can TK a super after chaotic flames?)
Looking at the team, he's inspired by MastaCJ.

Chavelo

No lie... That seriously looks like the aftermath of an abusive man that had his way with a woman in a hotel room. So painful to watch.

LakeEarth

God's Beard said:
Wesker is a better anchor (x-factor level 3 Wesker is scarier than level 3 Task), BUT Wesker with arrow assist is better than plain old Wesker. So if that's the order you want, rock it.

kirblar

LakeEarth said:
Wesker is a better anchor (x-factor level 3 Wesker is scarier than level 3 Task), BUT Wesker with arrow assist is better than plain old Wesker. So if that's the order you want, rock it.
It feels like you want Taskmaster in the second slot here, with Dorm/Wesker as 1/3, depending on what your matchup is. They're both great anchors, and both benefit from the other one's assist, as well as Taskmaster's arrows.

Dahbomb

One of the easiest teams to play with in this game. There is no way you will be dropping combos with this team and it's also one of the most pad friendly teams there is.

I like Iron Man instead of Taskmaster on that team but Task is great there too.

Also Task and Wesker are swappable on that team. I would still keep Wesker at #2 because if you have 2 bars at the end of your combo you can just end with Gun shot -> THC for some really nice damage.

Ultimoo said:
You can do the talk to talk, but you don't even own Marvel. First to ten against Beef, Ultimoo wins by default. oh snap.
damn. DAMN, you better hope we don't bump into each other in the Mahvel tournament.

more like I hope you lose to some random lolololololol

LakeEarth

If you're rocking the Wesker > Taskmaster order, then you might want to put level 2 x-factor activation into your strategy. A lot of people with Tron as anchor use their x-factor on level 2 since level 3 Tron is just okay.

Dorm/Task/Wesk, huh? Ehhh, I'm not really comfortable with Wesker on anchor either, I think it's too easy to run from him without assists. The main thing is I want a high health character with a good assist for teleport characters, and then have 2 teleporters that have good synergy. I also like Taskmaster because I can DHC into the counter if I make mistakes.

I really think that Dante/Wesker/Taskmaster is the best team for this set up. I get the DHC trick off the bat, then I'm in W/D/T, and if Wesker dies I have another DHC trick and counter to DHC into. Plus, Dante's teleport is really good with the pushback from Task arrows and I know some retarded unblockable setups with Dante/Wesker.

If there's a better assist for my purposes, let me know. It's important that it has high health, because I want the assist for 2 characters.

smurfx said:
you had sentinel/haggar right? man that combo is kicking my ass right now. i want to train with either wesker or dormammu right now so i can replace zero when things aren't working out. ultimoo whats wrong man? you spitting fire today. i feel like i did something wrong to you.

Yea, I was running Sent/Doom/Haggar. Dorm punishes haggar assist good if you are going that route

hitsugi

Dahbomb said:
Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara will NOT be playing MVC3 at Revelations

But promises that his MVC3 debut will come soon.

Say goodbye to a potential Combofiend vs Daigo match at Revelations. Daigo probably wants to scope out the competition and test the waters before diving in.
I think that's smart.. although a bit of a shame. Perhaps he has some kind of secrets of his own that he's holding on to and he wants to see if anyone out here is doing something similar..

but then again we've got all of the streaming stuff going on and youtube D:

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Dorm/Task/Wesk, huh? Ehhh, I'm not really comfortable with Wesker on anchor either, I think it's too easy to run from him without assists. The main thing is I want a high health character with a good assist for teleport characters, and then have 2 teleporters that have good synergy. I also like Taskmaster because I can DHC into the counter if I make mistakes.

I really think that Dante/Wesker/Taskmaster is the best team for this set up. I get the DHC trick off the bat, then I'm in W/D/T, and if Wesker dies I have another DHC trick and counter to DHC into. Plus, Dante's teleport is really good with the pushback from Task arrows and I know some retarded unblockable setups with Dante/Wesker.

If there's a better assist for my purposes, let me know. It's important that it has high health, because I want the assist for 2 characters.
Wesker not being "that good" or easy to run from without assists in X Factor is a MYTH. It is a viable strategy to have Wesker (a certifiable point/battery character by definition) just on the strength of his X Factor bonuses. His teleports becoming unpunishable in X Factor, every hit he lands leads into a dead character and his mix ups are deadlier. Command throws lead to TOD as well.

Wesker/Taskmaster is about as good as Taskmaster/Wesker in real match situations as both have enough synergy to work either way. I prefer Wesker at second point and use LVL2 X Factor to end the match quick.

For your purposes, Iron Man Unibeam is one of the best assist that you could want. His health is average, he does solid as anchor and helps both Dante and Wesker for teleport cross ups and combo extension. Unibeam is superior to Taskmaster but Taskmaster's Arrows do a lot of damage/chip damage and don't hit deteriorate as much. Learn to love Wesker + Iron Man.

Dahbomb said:
Wesker not being "that good" or easy to run from without assists in X Factor is a MYTH. It is a viable strategy to have Wesker (a certifiable point/battery character by definition) just on the strength of his X Factor bonuses. His teleports becoming unpunishable in X Factor, every hit he lands leads into a dead character and his mix ups are deadlier. Command throws lead to TOD as well.

Wesker/Taskmaster is about as good as Taskmaster/Wesker in real match situations as both have enough synergy to work either way. I prefer Wesker at second point and use LVL2 X Factor to end the match quick.

For your purposes, Iron Man Unibeam is one of the best assist that you could want. His health is average, he does solid as anchor and helps both Dante and Wesker for teleport cross ups and combo extension. Unibeam is superior to Taskmaster but Taskmaster's Arrows do a lot of damage/chip damage and don't hit deteriorate as much. Learn to love Wesker + Iron Man.

I like Tasky because his arrows push a little, making Dante/Dormammu double cross ups much nastier.

Dahbomb

Starting tomorrow in memory of the eventual death of my favorite series, I am going to start maining Dante. I have put it off long enough and now it's time to get to business. It's what I had wanted to do all along even before MVC3 was announced but didn't do it because I wanted to get the mechanics, basics and fundamentals down. I have that now and can hold my own. Plus DmC has been unveiled and I want my last memories of Dante to be good ones.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Daigo not at Revelations because he doesn't want to get bodied before Evo. Fact. Also, now there's no reason to watch ReveLAtions anymore, yay!

and LOL @ that come at me bro pic Ultimoo posted hahaha.

Kimosabae

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Starting tomorrow in memory of the eventual death of my favorite series, I am going to start maining Dante. I have put it off long enough and now it's time to get to business. It's what I had wanted to do all along even before MVC3 was announced but didn't do it because I wanted to get the mechanics, basics and fundamentals down. I have that now and can hold my own. Plus DmC has been unveiled and I want my last memories of Dante to be good ones.

Dante/Iron Man/____?

Dahbomb

Chris/Dante/Iron Man. Chris is fun even though I am not that good with him yet. I have a lot of trouble against tri-dashers when playing with Chris. Gotta abuse that Jam Session!

Dormammu I would add if I wanted to go serious business. Maybe Wesker for that old skool Maximillian team. Hmm....

Dante/Wesker/Taskmaster is so GODLIKE. Definitely need to work on this team. You CANNOT block against this setup.

• Changing timing of arrows assist with teleport changes whether Dante crosses up or not.
  • stinger, bold cancel + low shot is a nasty unblockable.
  • canceling into teleport + low shot is a nasty unblockable.
  • Dante and Wesker can DHC trick into each other and into Taskmaster.
  • Maximum Wesker, both counters and devil trigger are all great safe DHCs.
  • Dante and Task assists help greatly with Wesker setups/combo extension.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
IIRC, Kimosabae has typed up some ridiculous tag-worthy fighting game dissertations so I'd say he got off lightly. Forgive me if I have you confused with somebody else =P

Solune

Dahbomb said:
Chris/Dante/Iron Man. Chris is fun even though I am not that good with him yet. I have a lot of trouble against tri-dashers when playing with Chris. Gotta abuse that Jam Session!
Yah Chris has a hard time with fast characters, especially Wesker. If you're about midscreen to fullscreen throwing out Grenade Toss L is godlike zoning though into full combo. Only problem is when characters ambiguously cross you up or somehow get behind you. C.M is his best normal though, abuse it.

Do you play Chris on point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom