• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Parallax Scroll said:
Man, fuck Zero air loop. Thing's a pain in the ass.

I need to learn it to lol.

Also kinda funny to read a bunch of pro players hate on AE now.

When MVC3 came out it was "WHEN AE COMES OUT MVC3 WILL BE DEAD"

Now its "FUCK THE TWINS FUCK AE" BRING BACK SUPER4

Lol you cant make pro players happy i guess

PSN GAF dead as usual. you all suck. :O
I'm playing Valkyrie Profile 2! Taking a break from Marvel, and on the side I'm thinking about my team and such.

I remember when PSN-GAF existed, loool. Where is Kars? He's the only one left. :(
Why do people tend to cut my name off before the "t"?

Have you checked the BBChat?
I was in a BB chat as well, but not GAFs (I don't think).

Dahbomb

Yesterday was probably the first time in 3 months that I didn't think about MVC3 in the entire day. Today I am back to normal.

Solune said:
Yah Chris has a hard time with fast characters, especially Wesker. If you're about midscreen to fullscreen throwing out Grenade Toss L is godlike zoning though into full combo. Only problem is when characters ambiguously cross you up or somehow get behind you. C.M is his best normal though, abuse it.

Do you play Chris on point?
Yeah, don't really know where else I would put him aside from point character as sort of a battery. Unibeam and Jam Session are all the assists I need to get his game going. I know about L Grenade and cr.M, I use them extensively.

Not even Mahvel takes priority over E3. I did play a few matches on the 360, but the fights are not all that interesting. Also, I've been waiting for CaptmcBlack's response for the tournament, but I got nothing so far.

I think Smurfx is afraid to finish the fight too. :p

Dahbomb

Spencer's Wire Shot assist deserves to be in top 15 assists in the game and in fact is one of the most unique assists in the game. Spencer himself is at least High tier in the game.

I am serious people. I just tried this Wire Shot assist with a few characters and it's godlike. I have a great idea for it's use with Thor... Too bad I am ass with Spencer.

Scratch that on Thor plus Spencer. The Wire Shot comes out too fast for it to catch anything after any of Thor's slow moves. Still you if you can catch someone raw with the wire it's pretty much a free mix up or command throw opportunity.

At least with my in lab time I got sort of better with Thor and Spencer. Also, why do people not use Spencer's command throws? It leads to decent damage plus of course DHC glitch.

Solune

Dahbomb said:
Yeah, don't really know where else I would put him aside from point character as sort of a battery. Unibeam and Jam Session are all the assists I need to get his game going. I know about L Grenade and cr.M, I use them extensively.
Yah, I always use him on point, but with Dante on point you can do some massive damage with DHC glitch from Dante to Chris in second slot. I actually changed from using Jam Session to Weasel Shot for assist combos but maybe I should switch back to Jam Session and see how that works. And since you know about those tools, there's not much else you need to know lol.
SolarPowered said:
I think Smurfx is afraid to finish the fight too. :p
On blast

smurfx

get some go again
oh man i just had such an awesome win over a phoenix user. i was literately down to zero haggar life and i tossed that bitch in the air and proceeded to finish her. i'm now only a few wins from 3rd lord status as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh shit Sp00ky about to get on Marvel.

Hahaha I haven't seen him play since day -3.

edit: fraaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
killing a wesker online with one tron combo = so good.
Is Tron actually decent against him outside of X-Factor due to his teleports being unsafe? Kinda feels like this isn't as bad a matchup for her as it looks on paper.

Neki

kirblar said:
Is Tron actually decent against him outside of X-Factor due to his teleports being unsafe? Kinda feels like this isn't as bad a matchup for her as it looks on paper.
no Tron gets blown up by Wesker. online players just suck against Tron though. But if I touch anyone with Tron, they're dead though, and with her amazing health, I'm willing to take trades all days.

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
Aight, I've got Offcast on the laptop, teamspooky on the imac, and I'm running combo drills on the TV.

NEEDS MORE MARVEL

MARVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL.

iRv6U.gif

smurfx

get some go again
man i don't know why i always suck when i play mvc 3 for the 2nd time in one day. i played really well today when i played for the first time. i then got the urge to play again a few hours later and stinked it up. doesn't help that i got matched up with a bunch of high lords and 1st lords. if it wasn't that it was a bunch of phoenix players. :( i even got to the level up match to get to 3rd lord and i got matched up with a cosmic lord. lol it all went downhill from there. i'll probably get to 3rd lord tomorrow but sometimes this game drives me nuts.

Neki

Sephiroth beat my whole team like 5 times using XF3 wesker, so fun. >_> if x-factor was removed I would be happy beyond content. D:

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
Sephiroth beat my whole team like 5 times using XF3 wesker, so fun. >_> if x-factor was removed I would be happy beyond content. D:
so many people would be rendered useless. i hardly ever use x factor so it would benefit me quite a lot. when i do use it its to stop the other player from chipping me to death. would be nice if they at least stopped the insane x factor chip damage. i got killed a few times yesterday by an x factor akuma. x factor wolverine, wesker and sentinel needs some serious balancing.

Neki

smurfx said:
so many people would be rendered useless. i hardly ever use x factor so it would benefit me quite a lot. when i do use it its to stop the other player from chipping me to death. would be nice if they at least stopped the insane x factor chip damage. i got killed a few times yesterday by an x factor akuma. x factor wolverine, wesker and sentinel needs some serious balancing.
same here, I blow through their first two characters and then their anchor activates XF3 and blows up two of my characters in two combos. :( I just hope it gets toned down severely eventually.

They should at least cut the chip damage increase down. So blocking smartly is a good option, not just trying to run away. The block damage is dumb. You get a speed increase so you can open somebody up easier. You shouldn't get the extra block damage on top of that.

smurfx

get some go again
yeah if you let your characters get blown up then you should just take the loss. letting people get easy comebacks from x factor is stupid. especially since some characters are so damn broken when in x factor like wesker.

Neki

I only love the roman cancel factor of x-factor really. maybe they should just include roman cancel to be swapped for hyper bars! :O that'd sound op though, bar is so easy to get in MvC3.

smurfx

get some go again
x factor should of just been something that lets the character take less damage and maybe makes you a little faster. damage output should be the same.

Indeed.

I only love the roman cancel factor of x-factor really. maybe they should just include roman cancel to be swapped for hyper bars! :O that'd sound op though, bar is so easy to get in MvC3.
Yeah, the cancel is the only interesting part of X-Factor.

enzo_gt said:
No, is it worth watching?
No tournaments unfortunately, just exhibition matches. They did simultaneous streams on both levelup (AE) and offcast (mortal kombat). I had both open and never saw anything very interesting, but I went to bed before it was over. Did they do Marvel later on?

JeTmAn81

Parallax Scroll said:
No tournaments unfortunately, just exhibition matches. They did simultaneous streams on both levelup (AE) and offcast (mortal kombat). I had both open and never saw anything very interesting, but I went to bed before it was over. Did they do Marvel later on?

Couldn't find any Marvel in the archives from either of last night's streams.

shaowebb

I can't find the video of this because the thread is so long now so does anyone have that japanese combo video that ends with the ridiculous combo where Sentinel is hit with both Joe's Slow and Ammy's time slowdown and just get pinballed back and forth till he dies by characters hard tagging in with attacks to keep him locked in spinning knock down status?

I've been looking everywhere for this and I have something planned for the clip.

Wait, why do people think Iron Man's crouching C is worthless? It's not great, but you can combo off of it.

2BC2C,BCS works in the corner, for instance, giving you 339,000 damage before the air combo.

2BC2C,BS works mid screen for 297,400 damage.

It's a hard link, but what does Iron Man do that isn't?

Dahbomb

shaowebb said:
I can't find the video of this because the thread is so long now so does anyone have that japanese combo video that ends with the ridiculous combo where Sentinel is hit with both Joe's Slow and Ammy's time slowdown and just get pinballed back and forth till he dies by characters hard tagging in with attacks to keep him locked in spinning knock down status?

I've been looking everywhere for this and I have something planned for the clip.
Oh man I remember that combo, it was fucking hilarious. I don't have it sadly.

God's Beard said:
Wait, why do people think Iron Man's crouching C is worthless? It's not great, but you can combo off of it.

2BC2C,BCS works in the corner, for instance, giving you 339,000 damage before the air combo.

You can do a pseudo loop in the corner with the missile.

It's more annoying than worthless. Like combos going from cr.L,cr.M to standing H (which is the starter for the krispykreme combo) sometimes end up with that cr.H missile and you drop the combo.

And Iron Man's double jump combos, his mini air loop and Smart Bomb xx Proton Cannon are all easy enough that you can do them consistently and easily.

Solune

God's Beard said:

But why would you INTENTIONALLY do it? I have never seen an Iron Man BnB that consists of it unless you're trolling. Which is nearly all the time when someone posts about it. Rarely ever do you see someone execute C H on purpose and fishing for it. It's bad, it's not something that's hard to understand.

MvC3 Dormammu Combo Video

I'm posting this on someone else's behalf so if this is old don't shoot the messenger ;p
I added this to the main Dormammu thread on SRK, which I spent 5 hours today fixing so it works now. Uggggh.

But why would you INTENTIONALLY do it? I have never seen an Iron Man BnB that consists of it unless you're trolling. Which is nearly all the time when someone posts about it. Rarely ever do you see someone execute C H on purpose and fishing for it. It's bad, it's not something that's hard to understand.
Come on, it's like Sentinel's lasers, but you get a small hitbox! And Sentinel is top tier because you don't have to bother with those pesky QCF motions to do his best (only?) move!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So what happened with Super MvC3 ?
lupinko trolled hard isnt?

Caj814

God's Beard said:
  • only four months in
  • sfxt and 3sOE already at the show
  • comic con, evo, tgs coming
There is also the chance that they could tease it at the last min since they are streaming all week

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caj814 said:
There is also the chance that they could tease it at the last min since they are streaming all week
This at maximum, I don't expect a full reveal until after TGS.

Also, nice avatar dude.

So what happened with Super MvC3 ?
lupinko trolled hard isnt?
Why would you think that? He never said anything about E3.

There's no good reason for Capcom to mention an expansion this early. Now, it WOULD be a good idea for Capcom to promise us some information by a certain date. Just to let people know that something is coming. Right now, a lot of people are confused and frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom