• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy MvC3 pretty badly, but I don't want to do it if there's a Super version coming that won't be available via DLC, so yeah, information would be really good.

badcrumble said:
I want to buy MvC3 pretty badly, but I don't want to do it if there's a Super version coming that won't be available via DLC, so yeah, information would be really good.
Even if they do make a Super, it won't be out for a while. Why not enjoy MvC3 in the meantime?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
God's Beard said:
Dante/Wesker/Taskmaster is so GODLIKE. Definitely need to work on this team. You CANNOT block against this setup.

• Changing timing of arrows assist with teleport changes whether Dante crosses up or not.
  • stinger, bold cancel + low shot is a nasty unblockable.
  • canceling into teleport + low shot is a nasty unblockable.
  • Dante and Wesker can DHC trick into each other and into Taskmaster.
  • Maximum Wesker, both counters and devil trigger are all great safe DHCs.
  • Dante and Task assists help greatly with Wesker setups/combo extension.

I'd love to hear what else you find. If you switch Dante and Taskmaster around, that's my team.

Neki

I wouldn't take God's Beard's advice to heart though.

MvC3 is starting to wear on me though, maybe I should go to Street Fighter now. hm.

Ultimoo said:
I wouldn't take God's Beard's advice to heart though.

MvC3 is starting to wear on me though, maybe I should go to Street Fighter now. hm.

Look, maybe I'm not the best player, and maybe people don't agree with my tier lists, but nobody ever called me out on my tech being wrong. Plus, it's still a team I just started working on, and I'm in a continuous debate on Taskmaster vs Iron Man on anchor. It's a dead 50/50 so far.

Neki

God's Beard said:
Look, maybe I'm not the best player, and maybe people don't agree with my tier lists, but nobody ever called me out on my tech being wrong. Plus, it's still a team I just started working on, and I'm in a continuous debate on Taskmaster vs Iron Man on anchor. It's a dead 50/50 so far.
I'm just teasing. I thought you knew this by now. I love your theorycrafting. <3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
I wouldn't take anything Ultimoo says seriously, he likes BlazBlue more than Marvel.

smurfx

get some go again
nice i just played viscant online and it was competitive! well sorta. i got him down to dark phoenix and i still had my 3 players but he then proceeded to own me with her. have you guys ever played top tier tournament guys online?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
smurfx said:
nice i just played viscant online and it was competitive! well sorta. i got him down to dark phoenix and i still had my 3 players but he then proceeded to own me with her. have you guys ever played top tier tournament guys online?

I've encountered Viscant and omg itz andre so far. I did okay against both, nearly landing a victory on Andre. Managed to kill Viscant's Phoenix and Iron Man, but his Wesker traps then destroyed me.

robut said:
Early on I fought Gootecks. He had Sentinel on his team and I nearly won. Was like, omg, he's crap at this.

And it turned out true! :D

dog-dude-wait-what.jpg

Chavelo

robut said:
Early on I fought Gootecks. He had Sentinel on his team and I nearly won. Was like, omg, he's crap at this.

And it turned out true! :D

So, wait. You lost?

/scratches head

And he's crap?

/rubs chin

I... Okay... Hmmm...

OK, I like this game again. Played my first matches in a while today and did pretty well with Wolverine/Zero/Akuma.

After all the work I've put into Zero, my Wolverine is nearly as effective with like a tenth of the effort.

And I suppose this is a good thing - I'm getting to the point with my Zero combos that hitstun deterioration is becoming a major issue. Gotta figure out how to deal with that.

jdub03

smurfx said:

I've played p gorath and viscant. I'm sure there are a few others but I don't remember there names.

Edit: I've also gotten wrecked by omg itz andre.

shaowebb

Been hittin' Spencer pretty hard again and I'm losing like mad.

My team is She-Hulk/Haggar/Spencer and I'm having a helluva time. She Hulk + Haggar Lariat does great, Torpedo assist during Haggar jump ins and violent axes works fine, and Torpedo into spencer assist grapple alla Combofiend works great too for keeping She-Hulk antics going, but I am just blowing it bad on opening people up once Spencer is the character out by himself.

I got him for a comeback anchor that does big damage and who can extend other combos for She-Hulk, but once it's down for him I just keep getting blocked on approach and bodied afterwards.

It just seems like I am stuck waiting for them to bring it to me so I can lariat. If I lose Haggar It chokes the team. Hit confirming with Spencer zipline isn't as easy as it looks and I keep getting bodied for attempting to do it.

Any Spencer players here got any advice on how to open people up with him alone or otherwise?

Lothars

I need to get back to playing this I basically just stopped playing but I plan to again soon, If anything it's a good thing because I keep thinking about MVC3.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
How much play is Chun getting? I havent been watching much MvC lately but it seems she is never on teams.

Also how are Jill and Shuma doing?

kirblar

HK-47 said:
How much play is Chun getting? I havent been watching much MvC lately but it seems she is never on teams.

Also how are Jill and Shuma doing?
Chun's pretty awful due to her complete lack of OTG ability, and there are far better lockdown assists (Hi Tron!) than her lightning legs.

Neki

kirblar said:
Chun's pretty awful due to her complete lack of OTG ability, and there are far better lockdown assists (Hi Tron!) than her lightning legs.
Basically, did see one or two guys at The Break use Chun, but Akuma/Tron/Haggar are much more invincible and have less hit stun deterioration than Chun for assists, and for Akuma/Tron, you get much better characters.
What about Morrigan?
Well Morrigan is only one of two characters with a meter building assist, and with Astral Vision and/or X-factor, she can get very scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom