• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
Funny, but also interesting to see that the characters are still placed on a 2D plane, and are somehow able to escape that one axis they're traditionally on.

I feel we must discuss the philosophical repercussions of this.

I think the character is actually just closer or further from the camera. Look at the shadows. Still funny though!

Reminds me of this:

nnWsG.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
I think the character is actually just closer or further from the camera. Look at the shadows. Still funny though!
This is what I meant, since the environment is in 3D and they're just placed on a plane on it, like in SF, etc.

Imagine, MvC3 in 4D.

HiResDes

Man I feel so proud, I am the absolute worst at doing combos...Which is why I always favored smart play and defensive characters in Street Fighter (Dictator/Blanka). However, I found quite a few characters with easy ass combos in Marvel. I can now do the "Clakey D" Tron combo nearly every time, and I just learned a 38 hit combo with Sentinel using Flight and two supers without any assists. Sure they are easy ass characters and easy ass combos, but I gotta say I feel pretty hyped. Now I just need to get my Wolverine better and I'll be in business. I'm quite good with Phoenix, but I take too many risks to have her on my squad.

kai3345

Banned
Started getting back into this game again. God I am fucking terrible. (Although I did win a 5 game streak with my signature Dante, Spidey Zero team and then two more with randoms) I feel like I'm just mashing buttons. I mean I know what I'm doing but it feels like everyone online knows the exact counter to everything I'm doing and at the exact moment I do it.

How the heck are you supposed to get good at this game?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:
Man I feel so proud, I am the absolute worst at doing combos...Which is why I always favored smart play and defensive characters in Street Fighter (Dictator/Blanka). However, I found quite a few characters with easy ass combos in Marvel. I can now do the "Clakey D" Tron combo nearly every time, and I just learned a 38 hit combo with Sentinel using Flight and two supers without any assists. Sure they are easy ass characters and easy ass combos, but I gotta say I feel pretty hyped. Now I just need to get my Wolverine better and I'll be in business. I'm quite good with Phoenix, but I take too many risks to have her on my squad.
I HOPE you just watched what popped off on the CEO 2011 stream.. :lol

So GAF, now that CEO and ReveLAtions are over.. any revised expectations for Evo? :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Random thought after CEO...

Wouldn't a team of Logan / Sent / Dormington, be a hard counter to that Phoenix team?

Edit: hell, maybe Ammy / (somebody with a gdlk assist) / Dorm

Anth0ny

I feel like Dorm can definitely be a strong asset to an anti-Phoenix team. Level 3 x factor run chip damage fucks her shit up. I saw Floe do it once and it was amazing.

Surprised not to see him today, considering the dominance of Phoenix.

enzo_gt said:
I HOPE you just watched what popped off on the CEO 2011 stream.. :lol

So GAF, now that CEO and ReveLAtions are over.. any revised expectations for Evo? :lol
Japanese players will probably place in MvC3. Apparently Tokido doesn't consider himself the best Japanese Marvel player.

Neki

_dementia said:
Japanese players will probably place in MvC3. Apparently Tokido doesn't consider himself the best Japanese Marvel player.
After that performance at CEO, I'm pretty sure he does now.

Cels

Tokido may not be the best in Japan, but he blew up the best in America.

Throw into slide into Xfactor with wolvie = you're down 3 to 2 and he has phoenix waiting with a lot of meter he just built. IDK what the answer is.

Oldschoolgamer

I'm going into training mode with:

-Ammy: Cold Star / (meter build assist)
-Magnus: DISRUPTAR
-Dorm: Pillar

I already train with Maggy and Dorm, but I haven't really put in time with Ammy. I take it her counter should be good for catching overzealous jump-in attacks (Dive kicks lol). Her Air H is retarded and can grab anything out of the air. If sent drones or any other projectile reaches her first, her other counter could reflect them back. She's also mobile enough to get through the air and duck shit like Wesker's gun/Sent Spit/whatever.

I guess if I can get a combo going I can either DHC into Magnus or use her Slowdown and raw tag in Magnus and go to work with him rushing down. Cold star can be used to lock somebody down or her other assist to build meter for Dorm/Maggy. If Maggy lands a hit into Hyper Grav->Tempest->DHC Glitch-> Slow Super, etc or Gravity Squeeze.

If I have to bring DJ Dormington in, then it's his usual stuff: filling the screen.

In terms of team supers, I haven't tried to see what the total damage is, but all of them hit everywhere on the screen.

People are worried about Phoenix. A good Dante is some scary shit.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Here are my thoughts on the MVC3 finals at CEO:

When Tokido beat Justin, it was the greatest moment of my life so far. The stark beauty shown in Tokido's play really illustrated how unsophisticated American Marvel is. Justin's barbaric mashing was a undulating curve compared to Tokido's straight line. Their ends were the same but Justin's means lacked both fortitude and Finesse. Tokido let the world see how beautiful his heart was tonight.

nilbog21

Banned
ha i haven't touched this game since they nerfed sentinel and not phoenix, and watching this stream thy're already talking about how "everyone has a phoenix"

glad i left t his fucking clown game

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Timedog said:

When Tokido beat Justin, it was the greatest moment of my life so far. The stark beauty shown in Tokido's play really illustrated how unsophisticated American Marvel is. Justin's barbaric mashing was a undulating curve compared to Tokido's straight line. Their ends were the same but Justin's means lacked both fortitude and Finesse. Tokido let the world see how beautiful his heart was tonight.
Weed makes people type silly things! :D

I'm glad Tokido won though, at least a person people didn't think really had a chance winning is better than the same old stuff every time.

2Crisis

Timedog said:

but what did Daigo eat for dinner?!

smurfx

get some go again
damn my car got broken into and my electrical tools got stolen and they also fucked up my ignition trying to steal my car. the mavs vanquished the evil heat and there is some archived marvel tournaments from the weekend to look forward to seeing so its not all bad!

N4Us

Timedog said:

Did Youtube comments leak here all of a sudden?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Timedog said:

Barbaric mashing? Uh...

YOUR STANCE IS WEAK.

Ultimoo said:
Not you or me, that's for sure.
Me every once a week when I get time.

Before I had placed Tokido in Top 8 for Evo, but man he's really displayed his consistency here. Justin lost the grab twice, TWICE. Tokido out-adapted him, and really, I expected more of Wong not to try the same thing again. Yipes is back in the lab, that's for sure, picking the salt out of his wounds.

gosh Karst, Phoenix players blowing up everyone. Good players are going to be randomed by phoenix. :p
IMO, it's the level 3 X-Factor mostly. A 45% speed boost is nothing to sneeze at. Reacting to a 30 frame teleport is reasonable. 15 frames while dodging fireballs? That's difficult to do reliably.

Random thought after CEO...

Wouldn't a team of Logan / Sent / Dormington, be a hard counter to that Phoenix team?

Edit: hell, maybe Ammy / (somebody with a gdlk assist) / Dorm
I don't think Dark Phoenix has a "hard counter". She's one of the fastest characters in the game with level 3 X-Factor. It would be like saying Amaterasu has a "hard counter". There are just characters that have a chance against her, and characters that need luck on their side.

I feel like Dorm can definitely be a strong asset to an anti-Phoenix team. Level 3 x factor run chip damage fucks her shit up. I saw Floe do it once and it was amazing.
That's only helpful if your opponent doesn't have X-Factor activated on Phoenix...which everyone does.

-Ammy: Cold Star / (meter build assist)
-Magnus: DISRUPTAR
-Dorm: Pillar
Why Pillar?

justin wong vs chris g was the best mvc3 match from ceo imo.
Did Chris use Ryu? I'll watch it if he did.

ha i haven't touched this game since they nerfed sentinel and not phoenix, and watching this stream thy're already talking about how "everyone has a phoenix"

glad i left t his fucking clown game
Why are you still lurking the thread then?

I think there's like two people left in Marvel GAF realistically who actually play. :O
I played for a good 10 hours this weekend.

def sim

Dog/Magnus/Dorm

I love this team. They can stand back or go balls out offense whenever they want, a good anti phoenix team, build a lot of meter, and DHC well together. Switch Dorm on point for certain match ups since those two assists give him instant crossup mix ups.

Anyway, ChrisG with his swag self did nicely. I didn't think he would do that well against Justin at all and I'm glad I was wrong.

Funny how Justin>Andre>ChrisG=Justin though.

Chavelo

Timedog said:

slow-clap.gif

What you did there, I see it. GG.

Ultimoo said:
I think there's like two people left in Marvel GAF realistically who actually play. :O
Hey, I still actually do... I just don't like to play against you cause then you'll start to show off about it here in the thread. :p

Holy shit at Tokido. Did not see that coming... seriously. When I saw the Daigo video a few weeks back, I laughed at his silly statement. Then I saw Tokido play his current team in France and didn't care because I thought so many here in the US would blow his Phoenix up. But then CEO comes, and I'm left wondering...

"If Tokido says he practices with Daigo... How good will Daigo be at EVO?"

Will be an interesting EVO indeed.

Oldschoolgamer

Karsticles said:
I don't think Dark Phoenix has a "hard counter". She's one of the fastest characters in the game with level 3 X-Factor. It would be like saying Amaterasu has a "hard counter". There are just characters that have a chance against her, and characters that need luck on their side.

I know she is. I have a team with her on it. Lvl 3 X-factor isn't always the issue, if you can force someone to burn it early, by taking them out of their comfort zone.

Why Pillar?

I like having something like Captain Corridor for the air. Since I don't use Dante, Pillar comes next. It's more for protection against slower stronger characters since it's so slow. Magnus is already fast enough, but if I have to zone, it gets the job done. If everyone is fast, then I call it earlier and use it as bait: while maggy dances all over the place.

More or less, preference. Not many people are seeing Maggy in a zoning war, so I'm not to concerned with Dark Hole.

I'm alternating between this and AE.

Hey, I still actually do... I just don't like to play against you cause then you'll start to show off about it here in the thread. :p
Maybe we can play, then. I also do not care for Ultimoo's gabbering.

I like having something like Captain Corridor for the air. Since I don't use Dante, Pillar comes next. It's more for protection against slower stronger characters since it's so slow. Magnus is already fast enough, but if I have to zone, it gets the job done. If everyone is fast, then I call it earlier and use it as bait: while maggy dances all over the place.
I think you could use Dark Hole much the same way, though.

Chavelo

Karsticles said:
Maybe we can play, then. I also do not care for Ultimoo's gabbering.

I really want to play against your Dormammu. After checking out your GDLK thread over at SRK, I want to see how good my Dormi is against ya. :D

Mine's will be SO FREEEEEEEEE

PSN: ADChavelo

Oh! #fuckhaunts and #fuckultimoo

Oldschoolgamer

Karsticles said:

I'll give it try instead.

Until my friends come over, I'm practicing against the cpu to test things. I might swap Maggy to first place. Cold Star locks Logan down like nothing else and Disruptah/Jump-Magnetic Blast keeps him the fuck away, while eating Sent Drones for breakfast. One hit = KO from both sides, but I have a better chance of keeping rush down characters the eff away. Once Wolverine is done, Sent isn't an issue against either of the characters on the line-up.

Finally found a team that suits my play-style, all around. lol. I can snipe and lame it up, with no issue.

Why is Logan's shit so safe though? He doesn't need invincibility on the slashes...

jdub03

Marvel needs lobbies. I find myself gravitating towards AE because I have two lobbies I can go to on a consistant basis. SRKlive and kadeys lobby. They really dropped the ball on marvel.

kirblar

jdub03 said:
Marvel needs lobbies. I find myself gravitating towards AE because I have two lobbies I can go to on a consistant basis. SRKlive and kadeys lobby. They really dropped the ball on marvel.
Yeah, the community aspect is totally missing with the game right now.

def sim

jdub03 said:

There's also PeacefulJay's. Three consistent lobbies make a big difference in these games and, yeah, Marvel needs this to sustain the online community.

There's always Super MvC3 with GGPO and unicorn magic to look forward to.

rance said:
There's also PeacefulJay's. Three consistent lobbies make a big difference in these games and, yeah, Marvel needs this to sustain the online community.

There's always Super MvC3 with GGPO and unicorn magic to look forward to.
A magic unicorn character that shoots rainbows sounds right up this game's alley.

kitzkozan

Tiger uppercut said:
Marlinpie vs. Tokido

Any thoughts?

I personally think that Tokido would get blown up.

Marlinpie can't block worth a crap, he got blown up by Remix of all people. -_- Tokido would eat him alive. Tokido is a generational talent at 2D FG while Marlinpie ain't ( won his first Guilty gear tournament at 13 years old in Japan ) . You need far more than execution to win consistently, just look at Sako. :p

Ferrio

Banned
After watching CEO, my stance regarding X factor now is:

1. Remove lvl 1 xfactor when you have all 3 chars.
2. Replace lvl 2 xfactor with lvl 1, and lvl 3 with lvl 2.

The reason being that the whole point of xfactor is to allow a player to actually compete when they're down characters since assists mean the world in this game. There's no point in a player who has all 3 characters to need that upperhand. At the same time, it's too powerful of a mechanic at lvl 3 too, and needs to be toned down. Hopefully it would resolve the Wolverine instant death stuff, and also help against Phoenix and lvl 3 xfactor shenanigans.

I really want to play against your Dormammu. After checking out your GDLK thread over at SRK, I want to see how good my Dormi is against ya. :D

Mine's will be SO FREEEEEEEEE

PSN: ADChavelo
Would you add me?

PSN: Karsticles

I never check the forums once I get home, since my wife and I share a computer, and she's always using it for school stuff.

My Dormammu is constantly in transition depending on the team I place him with. I still haven't found a team that pleases me. I can win with a lot of different teams, but none of them really say "now THIS is a Dormammu team!" to me, unless I add Wesker, but I hate Wesker.

Be warned: I'll probably burn X-Factor to kill your Dormammu ASAP, because I loathe mirror matches.

Why is Logan's shit so safe though? He doesn't need invincibility on the slashes...
It's the only change I want him to have. Berserker Slash is a little too strong. Otherwise, I'm fine with the character.

I was pissed off when I read Seth Killian say that SFxT will "set the bar for online fighting game features". Why the fuck wasn't Marvel the game that did that?

kirblar

Ferrio said:
After watching CEO, my stance regarding X factor now is:

1. Remove lvl 1 xfactor when you have all 3 chars.
2. Replace lvl 2 xfactor with lvl 1, and lvl 3 with lvl 2.

The reason being that the whole point of xfactor is to allow a player to actually compete when they're down characters since assists mean the world in this game. There's no point in a player who has all 3 characters to need that upperhand. At the same time, it's too powerful of a mechanic at lvl 3 too, and needs to be toned down. Hopefully it would resolve the Wolverine instant death stuff, and also help against Phoenix and lvl 3 xfactor shenanigans.
X-Factor level one should be a cancel/slight damage boost/chip prevention/health regen. Nothing more. The Roman Cancel is still the most important part of the mechanic.

I was pissed off when I read Seth Killian say that SFxT will "set the bar for online fighting game features". Why the fuck wasn't Marvel the game that did that?
Cause it got rushed out the door. :-/

Ferrio

Banned
Karsticles said:

We already had a game set the bar, and no other game has come close to it since. To top it off none of you asses play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom