• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

2&2 said:
Yeah that really absurd and needs to be fixed.

even if it was as simple as changing it back to a quarter circle motion... doing a reverse dragon-punch motion in the middle of combos for such a speedy character made spidey a technical nightmare to learn, especially with that netcode.

vg260

Dirtbag said:
even if it was as simple as changing it back to a quarter circle motion... doing a reverse dragon-punch motion in the middle of combos for such a speedy character made spidey a technical nightmare to learn, especially with that netcode.

Yup. That's what I'm hoping. I was bitching about it a few pages ago. Swap it and the web throw move. Swing should be hcb and web throw should be rdp. That's just fine for the throw since it's more of a standalone move. Getting that Spider Sting & second hit to come out is pain enough. Spent all day yesterday working on it, and i'm still inconsistent. Heh, I'll stop being a broken record here. I'll go on unity and bitch there :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kirblar said:
Can't they just make the spidey swing a command normal like Taskmaster?
This is the stupidest thing ever. Incredible that Spidey Swing is harder to do than Taskmaster's version.

USD

mastershake said:
poke-chawp
Before:

theravishingrickrudelgo5.gif

After:

whathappenedpokchoptibo.gif

According to the lore, shouldn't Taskmaster be shittier at web swinging than Spider-Man?

My latest Zero combo in training mode. Seems like a pretty good one.
s.BCS ^ sj.BBCB ^ j.BBC ^ j.B > Buster > Raikousen A > S ^ sj.BBCS > Rekkoha

The air loop hits can still be a little hard to time though...

kirblar

He should be equally as good, his power is being able to perfectly replicate the fighting styles/muscle memory of other people.

I thought he could only do slightly worse replications of stuff... but I never read any comics with him in it so what do I know.

Edit: I guess taskmaster would be hella good at actually playing Marvel then.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh my god we need a "wait did you say Thor?" *thor hammer pops out* gif hahah that was great.

And I booked that ass slap, it was so concise and natural haha.

Grecco

Hes a regular dude who has perfect memory and can copy the movements of any person he sees. So he can copy spideys movements perfectly.

in the udon limited series they added stuff that i dont know if its completely cannon (he can watch videos of people and watch the videos and faster speeds and actually do the movements faster). He watches some hong kong chow yun fat shooter movie at like 8x speed and actually kills peole with those moveements hat 8x speed. But because hes a regular dude it actually also caused him harm

Grecco said:
Hes a regular dude who has perfect memory and can copy the movements of any person he sees. So he can copy spideys movements perfectly.

In the udon limited series they added stuff that I don't know if its completely cannon (he can watch videos of people and watch the videos and faster speeds and actually do the movements faster). He watches some hong kong chow yun fat shooter movie at like 8x speed and actually kills people with those movements at 8x speed. But because hes a regular dude it actually also caused him harm
Yep, right on the money. I've seen it used as the excuse that he can fire a bajillion arrows in mere seconds (Legion Arrows).

Although, how he got his powers has been retcon'd up the ass. Read the last mini-series he's featured in for the full story. I hate the direction they took him in, but the comic itself is ace.

Edit:
LeMaximilian said:
Gootecks slapping him on the ass is hilarious.
I like how he sits straight back down after it too. Gootecks got into his head with the slap. XD

Anyways, Shadowloo Showdown is this weekend. I'm wondering if there's any hype for it on these boards. I'm psyched cause it's my first major. Hoping to make people proud.

USD

Posted in the Street Fighter thread, but I guess it belongs here too.

Big news for Mike Ross and Gootecks:

http://www.complexitygaming.com/news/2846/

Today compLexity Gaming is thrilled to announce our move into the fighting game community. It has long been our wish to enter the vibrant scene but we wanted to do so in the best way possible. We now have found that way and are thrilled to launch our new fighting division- compLexity: CrossCounter.

In order to create a dominant global presence we have brought in some of the best known figures in the community. Mike “MikeRoss” Ross has come on board as the coL.cc Player Manager and Ryan “Gootecks” Gutierrez has joined as Media Manager for the division.

In the coming months we will be announcing the lineup of players who will represent the squad. In the meantime we encourage the compLexity Community to follow and support Mike and Ryan and their channel CrossCounterTV, which will now be sponsored by Creative SoundBlaster and presented by compLexity Gaming.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
congrats to Jwong, he was a perfect 6/6 when fishing for Phoenix.
That was hard to watch, I mean it was hype at first, and then it was like Wong completely broke him down. But..

Now that NCR9 is over...

TIER LISTS, GO.

def sim

enzo_gt said:
That was hard to watch, I mean it was hype at first, and then it was like Wong completely broke him down. But..

Now that NCR9 is over...

TIER LISTS, GO.

S: Hsien Ko
A: Haggar

Z: Everyone else

Whoever disagrees is an asshole.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Playing Magnus, I have no right to bitch, but fuck Logan. His shit has gotten super retarded for such an easy character to play. lol

smurfx

get some go again
this tournament and most likely evo really shows that capcom really needs to get rid of x factor 1 and 2. hell keep x factor 3 the exact same way. if capcom intended for xfactor to let players have come backs then only allow it once you are down to 1 player. have the people do some actual strategizing and get some actual play going instead of having shit end in 10 seconds. seeing people have comebacks when they are down to x factor 3 can be pretty fun but seeing shit end really quick thanks to x factor 1 isn't.

Neki

smurfx said:
this tournament and most likely evo really shows that capcom really needs to get rid of x factor 1 and 2. hell keep x factor 3 the exact same way. if capcom intended for xfactor to let players have come backs then only allow it once you are down to 1 player. have the people do some actual strategizing and get some actual play going instead of having shit end in 10 seconds. seeing people have comebacks when they are down to x factor 3 can be pretty fun but seeing shit end really quick thanks to x factor 1 isn't.
or just remove it from the game and give us a real roman cancel!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
smurfx said:
Making X-Factor only useful for comebacks is the exact opposite way to go about "fixing" it.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
or just remove it from the game and give us a real roman cancel!
i would actually prefer that but i know capcom won't do it. as far as phoenix goes i would limit her meter building abilities once the she has gone dark phoenix. once she has gone dark phoenix only allow her to build 1 meter at a time and that goes for the whole team if its still left.

Neki

Going to my first tourney on saturday, lol. Hope I don't get blown up. Wondering if I should practice Brawl too, but I know nothing of the current meta-game. don't want to get BLOWN up.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
X factor needs to either be gotten rid of or nerfed to hell and back. I have no idea what they were thinking when they were tweaking certain characters with it.

I don't understand how something as broken as the DHC trick is getting overlooked for a Lvl1 x factored wolverine.

edit:
Ultimoo said:
Going to my first tourney on saturday, lol. Hope I don't get blown up. Wondering if I should practice Brawl too, but I know nothing of the current meta-game. don't want to get BLOWN up.

I haven't played Brawl tourney in a while, but I guess Metaknight and Snake are still Op?

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
big tournament? or small local tournament. wonder if i would ever have the balls to enter a los angeles tournament.

Neki

Oldschoolgamer said:
X factor needs to either be gotten rid of or nerfed to hell and back. I have no idea what they were thinking when they were tweaking certain characters with it.

I don't understand how something as broken as the DHC trick is getting overlooked for a Lvl1 x factored wolverine.

edit:

I haven't played Brawl tourney in a while, but I guess Metaknight and Snake are still Op?

Probably. But I play Toon Link anyways if I did enter.

smurfx said:
big tournament? or small local tournament. wonder if i would ever have the balls to enter a los angeles tournament.

Small tournament, they are no big tourneys in Canada besides Canada Cup! :p

edit: Anyone have the new crosscounter gifs? Not the porkchop dancing ones, I thought there was some ones before that. :O

Neki

Professor Beef said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXdpDOB3OFc&feature=related

Pretty decent Toon Link against a D3. Do your best to not get grabbed, and let dem projectiles loose. I have a couple of friends who main TL also, so i can ask them for some advice if you want.

Well I'm going to have less than a week to practice and re-learn everything in Brawl. Not sure if it's worth the time, or if I should just stick to Marvel. Would suck getting 0-2'd though, loool.

Ultimoo said:
Well I'm going to have less than a week to practice and re-learn everything in Brawl. Not sure if it's worth the time, or if I should just stick to Marvel. Would suck getting 0-2'd though, loool.
Oh damn, lol. Well, the only things I know about TL off the top of my head that are practical are:

1) hookshot in the air is a great poke
2) back air is your best friend for approaching and KOing
3) never stop chucking bombs and arrows

Neki

Professor Beef said:
Oh damn, lol. Well, the only things I know about TL off the top of my head that are practical are:

1) hookshot in the air is a great poke
2) back air is your best friend for approaching and KOing
3) never stop chucking bombs and arrows

Appreciate the tips. Now I just hope people are on during the week so I can get some practice against real people! :p

smurfx

get some go again
Ogrekiller said:
Tokido just updated his blog and he MAY be just being modest, but here's what he has to say about playing Phoenix vs Wong:

Hi Egor! Without phoenix???? I can not beat him (;´д`)
We can see soon!!

So yeah, Phoenix was an important tool in his arsenal vs Wong.
i'd say his wolverine is just as important or even more so as he used it to one combo kill justin's wolverine and greatly reduced justin's chance at a comeback. i still think daigo has some phoenix team ready for evo. i doubt he goes there with his current team.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:

Small tournament, they are no big tourneys in Canada besides Canada Cup! :p

edit: Anyone have the new crosscounter gifs? Not the porkchop dancing ones, I thought there was some ones before that. :O
CanadaGAF represent! Where are you located?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
Alberta, Canada. Going to Alberta Beatdown 2 this weekend. :p
Oh snap! Good luck man! I'm in the GTA, never considered going to a tourney before though cause I have no means of transportation
and Iron Man hasn't got buffed yet.

Now that NCR9 is over...

TIER LISTS, GO.
I just want Storm players to stop whining.

Good luck. Brawl's metagame: pick Metaknight.

Anyway, I've gotten to the point where X-Factor doesn't bother me too much. Maybe it's just the team I play, and that I can run down the timer very easily.

Not that I think it's fine, just that I don't get salty about level 3 X-Factor anymore.

Not that I like to encourage tier whoring, but if you're out of practice with Brawl and are picking a C tier character, you might want to reconsider:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287382

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom