• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Yo is anyone watching the 8WayRun stream right now? Descending Lighting Legs > Tron Assist & Iron Man apparently. Shit was retardedly funny looking. :lol

LeMaximilian said:
Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Maximilian's 'THE ONLINE WARRIOR' Episode 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXe9tWZfTL8

GIF BONUS
hghdeadpoolbth7.gif

Great ep Max . Like how you shown people could be destroyed simply because they're unaware of how character are/can be played.

Azure J

Oh my God, this stream. Now we're playing Megaman 2 themes and discussing why a 90s cartoon vs. 00s cartoon fighter would work. :lol

USD

MarlinPie causing earthquakes on stream. Seismo chains galore. And Cody tried so hard at the end to avoid the perfect.

Darobga

Cody is my brother. He just got back from college and hasn't played any real competition till now. Quite amusing to see Marlinpie destroy him XD.

smurfx

get some go again
i finally did it neogaf! i finally became 3rd lord. lol the game did the same crap as yesterday and matched me up with 1st and 2nd lords but i didn't have as much trouble with them as i did the high lords yesterday. i even had to beat out this 2nd lord who had one of my worst match ups and that is she hulk/spencer/akuma. i thought i was probably not going to beat him but i ended up beating him twice to finally level up.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
enzo_gt said:
Amazing as usual Max. As I've said before, I enjoy your videos that are more analytic and commentative over the entertainment heavy ones.

That Joe play was sexy as fuck.

Thanks much, I try to make it a mix of both analytic and entertainment vids. But one is WAY more fun to produce, haha.

Dahbomb

smurfx said:
i finally did it neogaf! i finally became 3rd lord. lol the game did the same crap as yesterday and matched me up with 1st and 2nd lords but i didn't have as much trouble with them as i did the high lords yesterday. i even had to beat out this 2nd lord who had one of my worst match ups and that is she hulk/spencer/akuma. i thought i was probably not going to beat him but i ended up beating him twice to finally level up.
Congrats man.

USD

I don't think I'm ever going to find time to actually play this game, haha. I've played the game for 20 hours so far, and the only thing I've touched is the Training and Mission modes. Still trying to figure out shit, and it's going to take a while.

Of course the problem is in Training mode, I'm stuck in Theory Fighter. I'm not even sure if my team is a good idea, especially starting off with three low-health characters. I'm probably going to end up going with an easy mode team to get a feel for actual play while working on my real team.

USD

Ultimoo said:
I ran X-23/Ammy/C.Viper at the beginning of the game

rofl, I think they're all 800k health. :(
Heh, worse off than me. Jill/Trish/C.Viper is 850/850/900, that team should be 825/800/900.

Neki

USD said:
Heh, worse off than me. Jill/Trish/C.Viper is 850/850/900, that team should be 825/800/900.
C.Viper has 900k? I can't even tell, feels like 800k.

hey ultimoo where is your avatar from? looks familar but i don't remember where i've seen it.
I was running another avatar from Tales of Vesperia before this too, maybe that's why it's familiar. :p

P.S no one on marvel GAF? :(

USD

USD said:
MarlinPie causing earthquakes on stream. Seismo chains galore. And Cody tried so hard at the end to avoid the perfect.
Here's what I was talking about:

milfquakeojq4.gif

He does eventually Hard Drive at the end.

USD

Also, this play to avoid the chip-out was brilliant. I knew Emergency Combination had invincibility, but I didn't know you can DHC into Shockwave like that.

emergencycombination3mvl.gif

Dahbomb

USD said:
Of course the problem is in Training mode, I'm stuck in Theory Fighter. I'm not even sure if my team is a good idea, especially starting off with three low-health characters. I'm probably going to end up going with an easy mode team to get a feel for actual play while working on my real team.
Most "good" teams have low health characters. ie. C Viper/Magneto/Ammy or Zero/Magneto/Akuma

And good GOD @ that C Viper gif. Dude was so mind fucked that he didn't bother with flight mode.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Would flight mode had any effect on the match though? He still wasn't getting in, going by that gif. He probably would have gotten tagged out of it too.

jdub03

USD said:
Also, this play to avoid the chip-out was brilliant. I knew Emergency Combination had invincibility, but I didn't know you can DHC into Shockwave like that.

Emergency combination completely nullifies the beam. He can dhc into anything. The beam has no more hit points after EC is used.

USD

jdub03 said:
Emergency combination completely nullifies the beam. He can dhc into anything. The beam has no more hit points after EC is used.
Ah, didn't know that, makes sense though. I guess it's like Chris's Grenade Launcher.

USD

So I've been working on my Viper in the lab. Watching some of MarlinPie's combos, I noticed that after he gets the hit confirm into Seismo/EX Thunder Knuckle/whatever, he never touches M again. It's all H and S from there. Mooching that idea, I managed to upgrade to a 730K no-assist combo.

The one tricky thing with Viper for me at least is hitting L Seismo, jump cancel, air dash, H, S, (land) S. My ability to that last S is inconsistent. And I know it's my own fault, because when I put S on turbo, I hit the launch every time.

EDIT: Oh well, I guess mash on S harder works as a temporary solution at least.

And unsurprising for myself, playing multiple characters mindfucks me. I end up dropping easy combos when switching from one character the next.

I hit this online for the first time yesterday. Woohoo! Also hit it a second time a few matches later.

Zero:
buttons, launcher, sj.BBCB j.BBCS Rekkoha

Also, I gotta start using Sentsuizan (dive kick) to OTG in combos. It's so damn easy with Akuma assist.

smurfx

get some go again
damn just got beat 2 times by this one guy with morrigan and chun li. right now morrigan is giving me some problems. i have to play salva so i can get more practice in on her and see what works against her. i'm closing in on 1000 wins online. :O damn i play this game a lot. daigo about to play mvc 3!

Aight, I've got most of Zero's basic combo types down... working on combining some of them now. Just did this one in the lab after a little experimentation:

st.ABC > Shippuga > S ^ sj.BBCB ^ j.BBCS v Akuma assist > Sentsuizan C > S ^ sj.BB > Buster > Raikousen A v Genmu Zero

Anyone got something I should try?

smurfx

get some go again
damn i just got bodied by a freaking spencer 2 times in a row. the last match i fought this 2nd lord that had a phoenix but good old trusty haggar came through again and level 3'rd that bitch into oblivion. well i'm at least getting the hang of blocking phoenix. even though she was in dark phoenix mode and had healing field haggars level 3 went though it like nothing. got to over 1k wins too.

Dahbomb

Daigo is solid as hell and I am SO x-copying that Jam Session + Berserker Slash on incoming character. Now if only my Dante wasn't sub par. :(

def sim

Disney World is a children's theme park but that doesn't matter, you and your friends will ride everything and god damn enjoy it.

tea cups are top tier

Regarding KBeast's Viper/Dante unblockable on the stream against Floe: Does the incoming character always come in low enough that they will fall right into the range of Viper's focus? Because that could be legit anti Jean tech if there is no way to avoid that with the right timing after a snapback.

Ogrekiller said:
Regarding KBeast's Viper/Dante unblockable on the stream against Floe: Does the incoming character always come in low enough that they will fall right into the range of Viper's focus? Because that could be legit anti Jean tech if there is no way to avoid that with the right timing after a snapback.

She can probably mash Teleport out of there. I'll check it out though.

Edit: Pretty sure I'm doing it right, she can teleport out of it. This is my first time testing for someone though so I may not be the most reliable for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom