• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the video already described both setups as being really timing-dependent and specifically the She-hulk one as having a 4-frame window (1 if DHC'd into), so that's pretty damn tight. I doubt mashing actually beats either setup if it is timed right.

Spidey's seems to be the most reliable of the three so far though.

USD

Just a reminder, Guard Crush 18 is tomorrow, back to Team Spooky.

And of course, Saturday and Sunday is East Coast Throwdown 3 + Shadowloo Showdown 2011. Shadowloo Showdown is running on Australia time of course, which is +10 UTC (14 hours ahead of EST) so expect it to be starting up much earlier (as in late Friday for the US). If you want to completely stream monster both (assuming you have a completely free weekend), expect to get almost no sleep at all. ECT3 is Team Spooky, while SS 2011 will be here:

http://www.justin.tv/shadowloohq

USD

There are a lot of players:

Tokido
Mago
Gamerbee
Mike Ross
Gootecks
Toxy
Humanbomb
Kindevu
Momochi
Choco
Uryo
Itabashi
Zangief
Poongko
Makoto
MOV
Deshiken
Playerjun52
TSRAI
Sako
Tatsu
AndyOCR
Warahk

Mostly SF players though. Don't really know what to expect from the Marvel side of things.

Dahbomb

Yeah Shadowloo is more about SF. I expect Tokido to tear it up at Marvel there if they do have Marvel there.

I am hyped for Guard Crush because it means more Chris G goodness.

Azure J

Dahbomb said:
Yeah Shadowloo is more about SF. I expect Tokido to tear it up at Marvel there if they do have Marvel there.

I am hyped for Guard Crush because it means more Chris G goodness.

Yeah, I was wondering when I would get another healthy dosage of hype ass ShinShos myself.

shaowebb

Lost Fragment said:
Dunno about the ground Spiderman one because I didn't do that one, but f+h moves her fast enough to avoid the Shulk and Skrull setups.

Unless you used an airgrab character those options weren't on the table for you anyways. Just try to xfactor when she tucks into a ball and pop a hyper you can either DHC or combo out of on her to kill her.
Sentinel hard charge, Chun Li kick, Joe machspeed, Bionic Arm...There are a lot of those and I can at least vouch that the Sentinel and Chun ones do the job.

Dahbomb

I just saw that FlashMetroid Spider Man play and that shit was solid as far as Spidey play was concerned.

The problem with that team is that it's TOTALLY FOCUSED on Spider Man meaning when he dies the team falters. There is no synergy between Doom and Wesker if Doom is on Hidden Missiles and Wesker is on Low Shot. Doom is the worst candidate for the Wesker Low Shot as he has at least 2 ways to OTG for a combo. He can only use the Low Shot for the unblockables but that's just meh. Wesker doesn't benefit that much from Hidden Missiles and he uses Wesker last for the XF boost so it's not like he will get reap much benefit from the Missiles.

However, as long as Spidey is alive on that team... it's a fucking menace. Any touch of Spider Man is death and if he uses Doom then it's meterless death. I think he should just go with Spidey plus Doom and then Phoenix or some other character who would benefit from insane meter, X factor and Hidden missiles. The UWT is good but some characters can escape it so it's not 100% reliable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kimosabae said:
I hate Jaha so much. I'd embarrass this guy just sitting next to him.
Jaha is hilarious. It's just he doesn't know when to stop with the based god stuff. Every once in a while is great, but that one stream he literally was cooking and saying swag for 2 hours plus straight.

He's not a commentator at all really, just an entertainer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Hulk Tutorial

Good shit, a lot of it I knew as a Hulk player myself back in the day but some of those resets are going to be STOLEN.

Also it features the manliest team on earth.
Thanks for posting this, some DEADLY resets in there indeed. Mah gawd. A great variety of combos there too, from very novice ones to some crazy OTG setups I did not know Hulk was even capable of pulling off.

shaowebb

Dahbomb said:
(on Flash Metroid team)... I think he should just go with Spidey plus Doom and then Phoenix or some other character who would benefit from insane meter, X factor and Hidden missiles. The UWT is good but some characters can escape it so it's not 100% reliable.
Not a bad idea. How about Spencer? That way he gains a wall bounce using armor piercer and the comeback factor of big ol Bionic Arm damage.

Damn Phoenix is really fun. She's got some tricky mixups and some creative ways to land them. I've been experimenting with a Phoenix on point team. The goal is not to get Dark Phoenix, but to do as much dmg against the opponent and frustrate them. Kinda trolling, but not entirely. So far what I've got is Phoenix/Tron/Akuma. I spent about 2 hours in training mode BSing mixups.

Just now I played my team online in ranked against a Mighty Lord (Wolvie/Wesker/Taskmaster) and I completely scraped him. OCV, no dry tags, no DHCs, no X-Factor, just home grown bullshit. I even built enough meters to get Dark Phoenix when I lost enough health. Also, I finally ranked up to 7th Lord!

Azure J

sonicspear64 said:
Damn Phoenix is really fun. She's got some tricky mixups and some creative ways to land them. I've been experimenting with a Phoenix on point team. The goal is not to get Dark Phoenix, but to do as much dmg against the opponent and frustrate them. Kinda trolling, but not entirely. So far what I've got is Phoenix/Tron/Akuma. I spent about 2 hours in training mode BSing mixups.

Just now I played my team online in ranked against a Mighty Lord (Wolvie/Wesker/Taskmaster) and I completely scraped him. OCV, no dry tags, no DHCs, no X-Factor, just home grown bullshit. I even built enough meters to get Dark Phoenix when I lost enough health. Also, I finally ranked up to 7th Lord!

Just a thought and total theory fighting/monstering right now, what's your very first move with a Phoenix on point setup? I'm thinking that going straight into Healing Field is as good of a decision as any if you go straight for the offense, but I'd love to hear what else works or is fun for shenanigans' sake.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
sonicspear64 said:

LOL so the goal is to play a fighting game :D

Dirtbag

LeMaximilian said:
In my opinion, he should keep most of his traits from MVC2 as they're pretty unique even in MVC3. Most notable...

1) Make him a battery/meter character, but 850k health and low damage. Essentially a longer range Wesker but weaker.

2) Retains similar teleports to Wesker, but deals less damage overall. Most effective with meter usage and Ouroboros satellites(similar to MVC2).

3) Animal chucking. Add more than just the bird/tiger. Also, the slow aerial bombs would be key.

There's a ton more but I just don't want to type it out. He'd be extremely unique but difficult to master. I really liked Strider's placement in MVC2, and hope they keep a similar formula if he comes to MVC3.

I think he'll need a damage or health buff to hang with the rest of the cast now. Damage buff probably makes more sense.
We don't need another Morrigan - low damage / low health. People would play him for a few weeks otherwise, but now with xfactor in the game his chip and lockdown game would get blown up. Or he'd be completely negated by a haggar/tron assist on teleport rushdown.

Neki

If Marvel let you pick duplicates, what do you think would be the most OP?
3 Wolverines is just lol, but 3 Dantes seems like it'd have the best utility. I'd personally run 3 Trons, or 3 Sentinels though, rofl.

Dirtbag

Ultimoo said:
3 Wolverines is just lol, but 3 Dantes seems like it'd have the best utility. I'd personally run 3 Trons, or 3 Sentinels though, rofl.

1 Wesker / 2 Phoenix
2 Wolverines / 1 Akuma
2 Zeros / 1 Sentinel
3 Ammy's

Dirtbag

Ultimoo said:
3 Hulk.
3 raw Gamma Crushs DHC could probably kill 90% of the cast.

3 Ammy's could DHC glitch into each other repeatedly. 1 hit would kill any character
Not to mention the shit you could pull with assist lockdowns on chip

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:

3 dantes
3 Taskmasters
3 MAGNETOS
2 Dooms/Ironman

3 Ironmans lvl 3 xfactor team hyper :C

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
damn i would own! 2 taskmasters and a haggar.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
Break is back to showing Marvel 3.

Essex, you fool. Blowing X-Factor to save Haggar cost you the game.

The Mayor of Earth does not approve of this. How can he piledrive the world when he is dead?

Has anybody seen any exceptionally troll-worthy teams?

The funniest one I've done so far is MODOK/Morrigan (Harmonizer)/Phoenix. Definitely a rage mail magnet when you're just flying away and calling Morri, then everything becomes free damage once you get to the 4.5 bars range. Good times to just screw around with that time.

Another one is Cap/Deadpool/Tron. I'm pretty bad with all of them, but Backflip + Gustaff is effective enough to do really ghetto setups with. Makes Cap pretty fun.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Killa Sasa said:

The funniest one I've done so far is MODOK/Morrigan (Harmonizer)/Phoenix. Definitely a rage mail magnet when you're just flying away and calling Morri, then everything becomes free damage once you get to the 4.5 bars range. Good times to just screw around with that time.

lmao thats my troll team!

Neki

Killa Sasa said:

Another one is Cap/Deadpool/Tron. I'm pretty bad with all of them, but Backflip + Gustaff is effective enough to do really ghetto setups with. Makes Cap pretty fun.

I think someone on GAF runs Modok as his main team. so trolly playing against Modok.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Any central Ohio Gaffers out there? I plan on stopping by C-bus this weekend for a small tourney.

Dirtbag said:
I think he'll need a damage or health buff to hang with the rest of the cast now. Damage buff probably makes more sense.
We don't need another Morrigan - low damage / low health.
Morrigan has 950K stamina. Not exactly low in the grand scheme of things.

Strider is cool and all, but I really don't feel the need for another teleport character, personally. >_>

Sixfortyfive said:
Any central Ohio Gaffers out there? I plan on stopping by C-bus this weekend for a small tourney.

Morrigan has 950K stamina. Not exactly low in the grand scheme of things.

Strider is cool and all, but I really don't feel the need for another teleport character, personally. >_>
Dude you serious? I know the guy who runs those monthlies and I'm apart of the C-bus scene out there. I'm in Cleveland at the moment so unfortunately I won't be in attendance. :/
AzureJericho said:
Just a thought and total theory fighting/monstering right now, what's your very first move with a Phoenix on point setup? I'm thinking that going straight into Healing Field is as good of a decision as any if you go straight for the offense, but I'd love to hear what else works or is fun for shenanigans' sake.
I didn't even consider Healing Field :)lol), but now that I think about it, I'd probably use it when I get an opening against a character who gives me a bad matchup.
~Devil Trigger~ said:
LOL so the goal is to play a fighting game :D
If pseudo-trolling is playing fighting games, then yes.

USD said:
Just a reminder, Guard Crush 18 is tomorrow, back to Team Spooky.

And of course, Saturday and Sunday is East Coast Throwdown 3 + Shadowloo Showdown 2011. Shadowloo Showdown is running on Australia time of course, which is +10 UTC (14 hours ahead of EST) so expect it to be starting up much earlier (as in late Friday for the US). If you want to completely stream monster both (assuming you have a completely free weekend), expect to get almost no sleep at all. ECT3 is Team Spooky, while SS 2011 will be here:

http://www.justin.tv/shadowloohq

I'm going there! HYPE! (Showdown)

USD

LakeEarth

Dahbomb said:
I just saw that FlashMetroid Spider Man play and that shit was solid as far as Spidey play was concerned.

The problem with that team is that it's TOTALLY FOCUSED on Spider Man meaning when he dies the team falters. There is no synergy between Doom and Wesker if Doom is on Hidden Missiles and Wesker is on Low Shot. Doom is the worst candidate for the Wesker Low Shot as he has at least 2 ways to OTG for a combo. He can only use the Low Shot for the unblockables but that's just meh. Wesker doesn't benefit that much from Hidden Missiles and he uses Wesker last for the XF boost so it's not like he will get reap much benefit from the Missiles.
This is the big difference between MvC2 and MvC3. Your team HAS to remain good as you lose characters.

USD

Nils said:
Cool. Too bad he doesn't have a capture card.
Speaking of capture cards, last night Kyohei said he got a capture device (or something similar), so there might be more Lab-or-atory vids coming soon. Though he said he was kind of scared to do it, because he doesn't people stealing his stuff.

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
2 Phoenix 1 Morrigan (Harmonizer).

2 Dooms (Hidden missiles) 1 Spider Man

trollface.jpg

Oh god I hope SMVC3 lets you have a duplicate mode.

Strider is the original MARVEL teleport character. Dude was God tier every since his inclusion in MVC1.

Strider being good in this game would bring this series back full circle where everyone picked Strider and Wolverine.

shaowebb said:
Not a bad idea. How about Spencer? That way he gains a wall bounce using armor piercer and the comeback factor of big ol Bionic Arm damage.
I like the idea of Spencer on that team but I don't like that assist. With Spidey you will have very little chances to use the Armor Piercer since it works best if your character has an OTG move (like in Combofiend's old team the other 2 characters could OTG so armor piercer allowed longer combos). I would much prefer the diagonal Wire Shot as it would pull anti-air characters and would enforce a high/low mix up on them which Spidey excels at. Wire Shot for diagonal coverage and Spidey's own Web Throw for horizontal coverage.

HiResDes

Finishing Tokido's Wolverine combo with tornado claw > fatal claw looks so much cooler, but I think it does less damage...I don't care

Azure J

Dahbomb said:
2 Phoenix 1 Morrigan (Harmonizer).

trollface.jpg

Oh god I hope SMVC3 lets you have a duplicate mode.

Oh maaaaan, I'm glad people realize just how much of a bitch Morrigan's Harmonizer assist can be, but this would just be hilarious. :lol

Strider is the original MARVEL teleport character. Dude was God tier every since his inclusion in MVC1.

Strider being good in this game would bring this series back full circle where everyone picked Strider and Wolverine.

Real talk, I just want a X/Strider/Dante team to happen whether through current Marvel DLC or a Super (should be Ultimate imo) Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 release. I even have a name for the team ready - "Utilities 'R Us". :lol

shaowebb

AzureJericho said:
Real talk, I just want a X/Strider/Dante team to happen whether through current Marvel DLC or a Super (should be Ultimate imo) Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 release. I even have a name for the team ready - "Utilities 'R Us". :lol

Strider would rock the party if he made it back in. Strider+ any team would just plow through a game. Strider+Viper would be a cool one with her assists or his aiding the other. Strider Trish with all those floor traps for setups.Strider+Dorm would equal trapping everyone in the game.
Strider plus MODOK shield assist would be interesting. Orbs plus a bullet proof wall. Trick is to see if you can trap them between the two instead of hiding behind the one so that they get beat to death by the orbs.

Now I miss Strider more than ever:C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom