• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I don't know about you guys, or if anyone played Marvel Vs Capcom when it first was in arcades, but my obsession with the game was because of Strider.

I think I was 13-14 years old at the time, constantly getting rides from my mom to go to the mall and get used to using an arcade stick just to play MVC. I never heard of Strider before, but his design/appearance/animations in MVC were unlike any other character...and instantly took the top spot next to Gambit as being the biggest badass in the game.

It's not even the gameplay mechanics as much that draw me to fighting game characters, it's the sheer design/movment/how awesome you look playing as them. Strider fills that category, incredibly.

strider-alpha2back.gif

And shoutouts to strider in Alpha 2.

Azure J

Max, trust me you aren't the only one who had love affairs with fighting games because of that. Everything you described in regards to what drew you to Strider is pretty much what I'd use to describe seeing Makoto play in 3S and thus my love for fighting games ever since. :lol

I don't know about you guys, or if anyone played Marvel Vs Capcom when it first was in arcades, but my obsession with the game was because of Strider.

I think I was 13-14 years old at the time, constantly getting rides from my mom to go to the mall and get used to using an arcade stick just to play MVC. I never heard of Strider before, but his design/appearance/animations in MVC were unlike any other character...and instantly took the top spot next to Gambit as being the biggest badass in the game.

It's not even the gameplay mechanics as much that draw me to fighting game characters, it's the sheer design/movment/how awesome you look playing as them. Strider fills that category, incredibly.
I know exactly what you mean. Strider was a very well-designed character. I didn't even use him, but when I found out he was not to be in MvC3, I felt like a part of the game was missing. I'm aware of their origins, but Shuma-Gorath, Captain Commando, Jin, and Strider Hiryu all felt like characters made just for MvC2 for me, like they were the mascots.

If they bring Strider back, I doubt he'll be able to build meter while orbs are active. That's how all the other powerup supers work in mvc3.
It depends on the powerup.

Via SRK:

Hypers that allow you to keep building meter but do not persist on tag-out:
Astral Vision, Kitty's Helper, Silent Kill, Healing Field, Chaos Dimension

Hypers that persist on tag-out but prevent meter building while active:
Devil Trigger, Vale of Mist, Sougenmu, Rimoukon, Berserker Charge

Hypers that allow you to keep building meter and persist on tag-out:
Viewtiful God Hand, Golden Armor, Mad Beast

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
It depends on the powerup.

Via SRK:

Hypers that allow you to keep building meter but do not persist on tag-out:
Astral Vision, Kitty's Helper, Silent Kill, Healing Field, Chaos Dimension
I expect Ouroborus to be of this category. Allows you to build meter but does NOT persist on tag out.

I think if Capcom wants to troll they will put in Yun.

Anyone know the schedule for Guard Crush? Going to stream monster it up if I am free at that time.
and instantly took the top spot next to Gambit as being the biggest badass in the game.
God now I want Gambit in too. :(

And I am totally with you on MVC1 Maximillian. Game was awesome and got my hyped for MVC2.

Azure J

DR2K said:
I'd like to see a 3S character with the ability to parry make it in. Makoto would be ideal.

As much as I'd back this idea, I think we'd see Ibuki before her simply because she's more popular & has kunai for ranged stuff.

Edit: Dahbomb, that would be hilarious. At the same time though, a character with a Genen-jin like makes so much sense in a game like Marvel, but then again Zero's got that partially covered with Sougenmu/Soul Body.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea, I felt the same way when I stepped up to the MvC1 cabinet as a kid. I couldn't use Strider for shit though. lol. Had him paired with Gambit or War Machine.

In MvC2 Hayato and Jin were my go to guys, for the exact same reason: same with Cable. Hayato was a dude with a beam sword and Jin punches with some some Gundam type shit. Off the wall crazy. Sucks none of them was in this.

Cable is Cable, but I always liked his design (huge ass guns aside), especially when his arm starts spazzing thanks to the Techno Organic Virus. I couldn't care less what happened to him in the comics, I want him back in the next edition. :(

Azure J

Actually, since we're pretty much on the topic, list the most wildcard additions they could make to the character roster in this game. Personally, I think the absolute wildest character Capcom could try to rework for Mahvel would be Elena. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Professor X for SMVC3.
If they actually pulled this off, I think it would be the greatest fighting game character inclusion ever. We joked about it pre-release, but just replace MODOK entirely with Professor X. Level 1 hyper is mind control. Make any Haggar lariat himself to death. Control Phoenix.

XeroSauce

enzo_gt said:
If they actually pulled this off, I think it would be the greatest fighting game character inclusion ever. We joked about it pre-release, but just replace MODOK entirely with Professor X. Level 1 hyper is mind control. Make any Haggar lariat himself to death. Control Phoenix.

That sounds so amazing.

Riposte

So you can control Phoenix and anyone who isn't Haggar and kill your own character. Perhaps just stall? Or maybe use meter in a way that wouldn't hit your character? As horrifically dumb this is, not as dumb as the Elena idea.

EDIT: Technically, Jean Gray could have Mind Control too. And not be crippled at the same time.

Dahbomb

Riposte said:
As horrifically dumb this is, not as dumb as the Elena idea.
I thought that was the whole point of "wildcard additions".

Elena/Professor X would be as dumb as Phoenix Wright in MVC3. And people are clamoring for him to be in this game.

Capcom's answer to Wolverine.
The true Capcom answer to Wolverine is Captain Commando.

An article on tier lists. Good read especially considering our current meta-game for MVC3.
Yeah, this article has a good point. Whenever I hear "so-and-so" needs a buff, I ask: "has anyone even really tried dedicating himself to that character?"

She can't control it - oh ho ho!

Elena/Professor X would be as dumb as Phoenix Wright in MVC3. And people are clamoring for him to be in this game.
Don't insult Elena and Professor X with that kind of comparison sir.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:

What's so dumb about Phoenix Wright for MvC3?

If you can improvise shit for Tron, Servbot and MODOK, you sure as hell could do it for PW.

If we're talking real dumb shit people want in UMvC3, it's Ken.

kirblar

Dahbomb said:

I'd put a different character from the series (probably Francesca Von Karma) in with the "OBJECTION" super being a level 5 resurrection without the power-up properties that Phoenix has.

enzo_gt said:
What's so dumb about Phoenix Wright for MvC3?

If you can improvise shit for Tron, Servbot and MODOK, you sure as hell could do it for PW.

If we're talking real dumb shit people want in UMvC3, it's Ken.
you take that back mister

anything to get VDO playing this, lol

Azure J

Dahbomb said:

Correct. Sometimes, it's good to take a moment and just get batshit stupid.

*Tries to kill time until Guard Crush*

On another note, I just finished watching that MastaCJ/MarlinPie vid and it's official, CJ needs to stick with Dormammu. His other teams are pretty good, but nothing was bringing in the hype like watching Dormington dash around like he was in the hyperbolic time chamber learning tri-dashing from Magneto. :lol

Riposte

Professor X is a cripple and a cripple with telepathy doesn't translate as well as a mental organism designed only for killing. Street Fighter characters are not wildcards. (Gill would make more sense than Elena if we are going there. Seems like someone just wants to see Elena in a new game where she doesn't suck.)

But hey, maybe they can be:

Puzzle Fighter Sakura!?! Puzzle block hypers!?!

kirblar

Elena seems like a really strong possibility for SFxT, especially given that Ono mentioned that the Korea didn't like Juri too much.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
At one point, Professor X was walking again, with his Psychic Powers. I don't know about now, but Marvel has done much weirder shit with their characters.

Puzzle fighter Sakura would be gdlk.

Chavelo

kirblar said:
Elena seems like a really strong possibility for SFxT, especially given that Ono mentioned that the Korea didn't like Juri too much.

I bet Mexico didn't like El Fuerte and T.Hawk, Brazil are offended by Blanka, and Russia has Capcom blacklisted because of Zangief. :-/

Riposte said:
Professor X is a cripple and a cripple with telepathy doesn't translate as well as a mental organism designed only for killing. Street Fighter characters are not wildcards. (Gill would make more sense than Elena if we are going there. Seems like someone just wants to see Elena in a new game where she doesn't suck.)

But hey, maybe they can be:

Puzzle Fighter Sakura!?! Puzzle block hypers!?!
If they could make Prof. X work in X-Men Legends 2, they can make him work in Marvel.

Also, I see Alex/Ibuki in before anyone else out of the 3S cast.

Oldschoolgamer said:
At one point, Professor X was walking again, with his Psychic Powers. I don't know about now, but Marvel has done much weirder shit with their characters.

Puzzle fighter Sakura would be gdlk.

In fact, he's walking in the comics right now. With his powers. That he got back from alien technology. Don't ask.

In any case, I want Ruby Summers, Ibuki and Maki. It's nice to dream too.

Anth0ny

Professor X would be awesome. Now he better be in Super MVC3.

And Yun needs to be there too. He's already an MVC3 character in AE
icon_trollface-emoticon-4.gif

MvC1 blew my mind as a kid when I first went to my cousin's house and he had it blaring it on his DC, word to Bonestorm and the Simpsons.

MegaMan/Transforming Ryu all day. And the best character select theme ever. Definitely top 3 fighting game soundtrack too (everything other than Venom theme basically). So much hype.

As for wildcard? Onslaught or Professor X or Apocalypse maybe? I don't know, don't follow X-Men much. Goblin or Silver Surfer would be an awesome add.

Capcom needs to do whatever they can to get Strider in there though. And X.

Azure J

You know what I feel like watching right now but can't find? The Marn blowups in the Team Marvel matches. Anyone have either a Youtube link or two or time stamps for when they happened on the jtv streams?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
AzureJericho said:
Only if he has a hyper where he breaks into other character's minds and every character responds "get outta my head Charles!" :lol

Oh god I want that so badly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom