• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
Online is where I get all my match-up experience. I have no one to play with offline. It sucks. :(
IF VISCANT DID IT, YOU CAN TOO!

Also, to whomever looking for a vertical space controlling assist: Dante - Jam Session. Can't believe that wasn't mentioned.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
IF VISCANT DID IT, YOU CAN TOO!

Also, to whomever looking for a vertical space controlling assist: Dante - Jam Session. Can't believe that wasn't mentioned.

What's another good assist for controlling vertical space, aside from Jam Session?

otgpftw4qok.gif

LakeEarth

Daigo did this awesome combo where Wolverine sent his opponent flying across the screen, the character bounced off of jam session back to Wolverine, and he finished the combo.

Neki

LakeEarth said:
Daigo did this awesome combo where Wolverine sent his opponent flying across the screen, the character bounced off of jam session back to Wolverine, and he finished the combo.
Only problem with that combo is the terrible damage scaling Jam Session does on your opponent, he often needed two meters and x-factor to kill an opponent. Dead is dead though.

Thoughts on my X-Factor rebalance? Obviously just for fun, since Capcom does not care:
1) Damage buffs are no longer reflected in chip damage.
2) Speed buffs affect only movement speed, not normal, special, or hyper speed.
3) Chip damage is no longer negated.

Neki

Karsticles said:
Thoughts on my X-Factor rebalance? Obviously just for fun, since Capcom does not care:
1) Damage buffs are no longer reflected in chip damage.
2) Speed buffs affect only movement speed, not normal, special, or hyper speed.
3) Chip damage is no longer negated.

That seems oddly familiar to what I suggested, lol.

If x-factor was capped at 10 seconds, damage added did not contribute to chip damage, x-factor no longer prevents chip damage and the red healing factor was increased a little, I think it would be better.

Posted this in UFGT7. Great minds think alike, right!

Karts does not approve of this. D:

Anth0ny

Sixfortyfive said:
Wait, what?

Is this old? Can someone explain what happened at the end? Player 2's meter was drained completely, suggesting that DP Rising was activated, but no transformation actually happened.

so...uh...is this a glitch? I'm guessing this is a glitch, and not some revolutionary anti-dark phoenix technology.

LakeEarth

It is like the c.lp killed Pheonix, and the tracking fireball hit her a split second after and killed her after the bars depleted but before her transformation animation/lifebar refill.

I think the time scaling is fine.

Can you imagine trying to make a comeback with Hulk against a zoning team in 10 seconds?

Other than that, and me thinking that speed boosts shouldn't affect anything beyond movement speed, we agree.

so...uh...is this a glitch? I'm guessing this is a glitch, and not some revolutionary anti-dark phoenix technology.
Sometimes they are one and the same! Maybe I'll have to work on hitting Phoenix with Dark Hole right as Molecular Shield is about to touch her, etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LakeEarth said:
It is like the c.lp killed Pheonix, and the tracking fireball hit her a split second after and killed her after the bars depleted but before her transformation animation/lifebar refill.
Seems odd, especially when Phoenix can transform through beam hypers especially.

Dahbomb

Luckydude23 said:
Where is this combo you guys are talking about with Daigo? Missed it.
It's not a combo it's a set up. Berserker Slash cross up with Jam Session makes for a situation that is pretty much impossible to block unless you get lucky. And this happens when the player is above Wolverine and they can't even see Wolverine as they are coming in, taking advantage of the height of the Jam Session. When they get hit by Jam Session Wolverine just jumps up and starts a combo.

Oh and Phoenix is really good at killing Phoenix. I thought this was common knowledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGR15SZ2sY

WTF.................... In all my wisdom and fighting game experience, I am unable to explain this phenomenon. Someone lab this shit out.

DR2K

Banned
It looks like the super was interrupted, like any super. I guess there might be a frame or 2 of opportunity to do so.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
*Throws Desk signal in the air*

Looks like it has something to do with Phoenix's multi hitting fireball, which doesn't make sense, since hypers like Hailstorm don't affect Phoenix transformation, due to her invincibility.

shaowebb

USD said:

Jesus that Flashmetroid spiderman combo does ridiculous damage O_O

Overhead>launcher+hidden missile>Webthrow> lands(missiles hit) into another webthrow>lands launcher into another webthrow>maximum spider to catch the bounce

Sick thing is if he could time something on that last hit that could put them in the air he could ultimate webthrow at the end instead of maximum spider to do more than Thor's health in damage with a single combo. Enough to KO someone on X-factor since the entire combo is unscaled damage due to the nature of webthrow.

Torpedo assist maybe? Wait...I don't know if theres a way to pop another assist in the same combo since it all counted as combo. God help us if he pops lvl 3 xfactor during that though.

Oldschoolgamer said:
*Throws Desk signal in the air*

Looks like it has something to do with Phoenix's multi hitting fireball, which doesn't make sense, since hypers like Hailstorm don't affect Phoenix transformation, due to her invincibility.
Isn't phoenix transformation punishable by command grabs likeUltimate Webthrow as well as some hypers due to the fact that they have less start up than her 10 frame of startup teleport?
You gotta time it pretty much as tight as punishing a hyper with a DHC, but Ive done it before with Haggar and Sentinel.
She Hulk kill on transformation
Haggar Kill on transformation
Spiderman Ultimat Web throw kill on transformation
Akuma Raging Demon Kill on transformation
X-23...maybe. Seems rough on timing this.
A Sent kill, but I used the sodium force w/ xfactor when I did it. The first ones hit and I chipped the rest since I had time for startup on another set. Probably shoulda done the tard charge into something like this though.

Given the ease of that Phoenix punish with Ultimate Webthrow and the combos we saw flash metroid getting off of a single webthrow I wonder if we may see some spiderman anti phoenix teams popping up...

Grecco

Dahbomb said:
It's not a combo it's a set up. Berserker Slash cross up with Jam Session makes for a situation that is pretty much impossible to block unless you get lucky. And this happens when the player is above Wolverine and they can't even see Wolverine as they are coming in, taking advantage of the height of the Jam Session. When they get hit by Jam Session Wolverine just jumps up and starts a combo.

Oh and Phoenix is really good at killing Phoenix. I thought this was common knowledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGR15SZ2sY

WTF.................... In all my wisdom and fighting game experience, I am unable to explain this phenomenon. Someone lab this shit out.

would the Jam Session/slash set up also work with Zeros Rynejin assist? Havent tested it yet but i use Wolvie/Zero/Akuma and am curious.

i hate people that want to nerf xfactor so much. if you think xfactor phoenix is a problem, then ask for dps xfactor percents to change. if she got a 20 percent damage boost and no speed boost people would stop bitching so much. personally i think instead of nerfing anything taunts should have more recovery and sap half a bar from the opponent. bam, problem solved.

God's Beard said:
i hate people that want to nerf xfactor so much.

Hate the game, not the player homie!! :)

xfactor needs tweaking. You can call it a "nerf" if you want, since that has bad connotation to it. Nothing wrong with tweaking things to make them better.

Capcom is not god of game balancing, so I do not take MVC3 as a bible that does not need to be touched upon or messed with.

Magnus

So, I apologize, I'm outta the loop on updates for this game, but still play it casually fairly often.

What's the word on more characters? I seem to remember something about two new ones every 2 months being part of the plan? That's totally been scrapped, I figure?

Ferrio

Banned
Magnus said:
So, I apologize, I'm outta the loop on updates for this game, but still play it casually fairly often.

What's the word on more characters? I seem to remember something about two new ones every 2 months being part of the plan? That's totally been scrapped, I figure?

We got Capcom'ed of course. But hey, shadow battles!

Magnus said:

According to rumors (lupinko, etc.) the idea for future DLC characters had been scrapped in favor of a new retail release. I suppose Shuma and Jill didn't sell well.

Grecco

Magnus said:

Last thing they said was the tsunami/quakes had an effect on this, and theres rumors of Super MVC3 coming, which means DLC might have been scrapped. Hackers had found text saying Doc Ock and Frank West might have been in the game at one point. (Frank West was for sure).

My guess, we get some info at San Diego Comic Con. Either the announcement of Doc oc and Frank West coming as DLC later this year, or the full announcement of Super MVC3 coming Febuary 2012, new lobbies, videos, and 10-12 new characters. 59.99.

_dementia said:
According to rumors (lupinko, etc.) the idea for future DLC characters had been scrapped in favor of a new retail release. I suppose Shuma and Jill didn't sell well.
No surprise, since they picked the wrong Jill and Shuma is...well, Shuma.

Riposte

God's Beard said:
i hate people that want to nerf xfactor so much. if you think xfactor phoenix is a problem, then ask for dps xfactor percents to change. if she got a 20 percent damage boost and no speed boost people would stop bitching so much. personally i think instead of nerfing anything taunts should have more recovery and sap half a bar from the opponent. bam, problem solved.

Phoenix isn't the only reason people want a xfactor nerf. It is a stupidly powerful mechanic even looking at it in general. There is good reason to think it decreases a lot of the fun and strategy in the game at its current power level.

Grecco

Mechanically MVC2 Jill had similarities to TVC Frank West. Makes me wonder if thats one of the reasons why RE5 Jill was chosen.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
Called it. Who the hell would buy that many more characters at $5 each? Especially with the potential of a new game being released down the line. I think most people would prefer to wait it out until they have MVC3: Actually Finished Game Edition

thundr51

Ok, I'll admit it, I suck at MVC3 and I NEVER do assists (too busy trying not to drop combos). Anyway, currently i'm using Storm,Thor,Task and every once in a while Phoenix. I was going to try learning She-Hulk, but I figure, maybe I should stick with the characters I've got more experience with and get better with them first (assists, snapbacks, using actual setups). But where to begin? HALP ME GAF!!

Incidentally, I picked the 4 characters that I'm using either because I managed to finish their mission mode (Thor) or came really close (Storm, Task, Phoenix).

hitsugi said:
Called it. Who the hell would buy that many more characters at $5 each? Especially with the potential of a new game being released down the line. I think most people would prefer to wait it out until they have MVC3: Actually Finished Game Edition
Yeah, I told my friends to hold off on buying for that very reason.

Azure J

Late but:

Sixfortyfive said:
Wait, what?

Is this old? Can someone explain what happened at the end? Player 2's meter was drained completely, suggesting that DP Rising was activated, but no transformation actually happened.

Phoenix controlled Dark Phoenix? That's some retcon shit right there. :lol

Grecco

hitsugi said:

MK is selling characters at 5 bucks each and you can even buy em in bulk

Ultimoo said:
That seems oddly familiar to what I suggested, lol.

I'd rather prefer a groove system ala cvs2 or isms like alpha 3
So you pick between anywhere from 2-6 different xfactors.

So one might be defensive, no chip received and red health regen
Or offensive xfactor, which gives the damage/speed increase but one cannot airblock in return.
Hell, one can even have a xfactor that saps a little bit of meter everytime you hit the opponent. It's called "x-factor" for a reason right- go wild.

The only constant between them should be the roman cancel aspect.

hitsugi

Grecco said:
MK is selling characters at 5 bucks each and you can even buy em in bulk
Completely irrelevant due to the way Capcom is now known for whoring out DLC + updated disc releases. This pattern combined with MVC3 obviously being pushed out the door ahead of schedule gives people a reason to fear putting more and more money into what, at any time, could become a completely outdated game.

Edit: not to mention the current Jill sucks. Had it been Strider they would have seen insane sales even if they said New MVC3 was coming out tomorrow

shaowebb

kirblar said:
Sent/Haggar actually work great together. The issue is that they can both be zoned by a % of the cast, so you need a third character that can be both a point character and an anchor (like perhaps Magneto) and that you can flip with Haggar, depending on the matchup.

Yeah I generally have those two together on a team, but like you said you need someone who can rock it on point and as an anchor and while Ryu can Anchor he only works on point if he's got a REALLY ground controlling assist for me to setup tatsu crossups otherwise I'm just feeding them advanced guards.

Doom or Magneto do work with him pretty strongly but I tend to both my triangle offense with both and end up rolling keepaway.

I've been testing C.Viper on point with Ryu and dealers choice for anchor. Those two really workout together for me. Lots of control with C.Viper in the air and a lot of on the ground stuff to work with. Fast, and everything combos plus her thunder knuckle is great for stopping all that Tron/Wolverine/Ironman/Thor air attack stuff I see so often. (Seismo is great for combo extension but Thunder Knuckle opens you up for fireballs with Ryu or for beams with sentinel)

That and the aerial combos last FOREVER with Viper going into sentinel ending in hardcharge DHC ryu Beam (which I can aim up from ground to land).
Its nice, but not there yet.

Haggar/Sent needs me to learn someone with some sick sort of meter builder combos that can keep away. Magneto, Doom...maybe Dorm or Chris Redfield?

I dunno.

Still Ryu, Haggar, and Sent are my best that I can use so far. I just need to build a team with some symmetry around this by learning some characters stronger that go with them.

Right now my favorite assists to throw into teams are
Sentinel-charge drones
Haggar-Lariat
Akuma-Tatsu
Amataresu-Cold Star
and Spencer-Wire grapples

What are your go to assists that you throw into team experiments?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
hitsugi said:
Completely irrelevant due to the way Capcom is now known for whoring out DLC + updated disc releases. This pattern combined with MVC3 obviously being pushed out the door ahead of schedule gives people a reason to fear putting more and more money into what, at any time, could become a completely outdated game.

Edit: not to mention the current Jill sucks. Had it been Strider they would have seen insane sales even if they said New MVC3 was coming out tomorrow

I read Strider and my ears perked.

strider-super22.gif

Azure J

LeMaximilian said:
I read Strider and my ears perked.

strider-super22.gif

I won't lie, I did the same thing thinking the whole post was something about Strider DLC. :lol

This brings up something interesting though, what would a MvC3 Strider be like?

El Sloth

Banned
I'm probably late to this (as I always am in the Marvel thread), but I can't find any mention of it in last couple of pages:

MvC3: How to One-Shot Phoenix

iPlaywinner said:
GimR over at VideoGameBootCamp put together a frame-by-frame guide to Jean Grey's violent transformation. He explains all of the properties Phoenix exhibits at each stage, as well as some inescapable ways to kill her immediately afterwards. Will people start running anti-Phoenix teams? Get educated after the break!

Dahbomb

AzureJericho said:
I won't lie, I did the same thing thinking the whole post was something about Strider DLC. :lol

He would be Wolverine's worst nightmare that's for sure.

What are your go to assists that you throw into team experiments?
Drone, Tatsu and Unibeam. They are attached to 3 characters I can play with so that's always a plus.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
AzureJericho said:

In my opinion, he should keep most of his traits from MVC2 as they're pretty unique even in MVC3. Most notable...

1) Make him a battery/meter character, but 850k health and low damage. Essentially a longer range Wesker but weaker.

2) Retains similar teleports to Wesker, but deals less damage overall. Most effective with meter usage and Ouroboros satellites(similar to MVC2).

3) Animal chucking. Add more than just the bird/tiger. Also, the slow aerial bombs would be key.

There's a ton more but I just don't want to type it out. He'd be extremely unique but difficult to master. I really liked Strider's placement in MVC2, and hope they keep a similar formula if he comes to MVC3.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
El Sloth said:
I'm probably late to this (as I always am in the Marvel thread), but I can't find any mention of it in last couple of pages:

MvC3: How to One-Shot Phoenix

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I was trying most of these setups months ago and thought they were inescapable too at first, but then I found out that she can mash f+h and escape all of them.

Either that or the timing/spacing required to prevent this is so specific that it makes it all impractical.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lost Fragment said:
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I was trying most of these setups months ago and thought they were inescapable too at first, but then I found out that she can mash f+h and escape all of them.

Either that or the timing/spacing required to prevent this is so specific that it makes it all impractical.
how can f+h in air state beat Spidey Webs?

Dahbomb

LeMaximilian said:
In my opinion, he should keep most of his traits from MVC2 as they're pretty unique even in MVC3. Most notable...

1) Make him a battery/meter character, but 850k health and low damage. Essentially a longer range Wesker but weaker.

2) Retains similar teleports to Wesker, but deals less damage overall. Most effective with meter usage and Ouroboros satellites(similar to MVC2).

3) Animal chucking. Add more than just the bird/tiger. Also, the slow aerial bombs would be key.

There's a ton more but I just don't want to type it out. He'd be extremely unique but difficult to master. I really liked Strider's placement in MVC2, and hope they keep a similar formula if he comes to MVC3.
Considering that he can't make meter with whiffed attacks he will need some buffs so that he can keep his Ouroboros set ups longer. I would also like to see some better supers aside from Ouroboros and his Ragnorok hyper (DP + PP) be made into a LVL3 with invincibility frames.

Strider with Doom Hidden Missiles and Ammy Cold Shots would be GDLK. Clockwork will have a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom