• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put in a few dozen matches in the hopes that I could get to 4th lord tonight and holy crap the matchups are intense. I'm honestly at my best right now, and dudes online are giving crazy close match ups. X-factor lvl 3 Weskers popping out of nowhere, divekicking Wolvies and crazy amounts of Tron and Dante.

Gold Hsien-Ko is a godsend though. I can make everyone except Phoenix my bitch the moment I activate it and god help them if she is hopping about the stage in that form lol. I must've won a hundred matches today and the damned xp bar is still at 90%.

goddamn

JeTmAn81

Ultimoo said:
Okay, I guess I'll just hope I get at least one win. AIMING FOR ONE WIN!

That's how I felt when I played my first tournament (just a small local one) recently. I was actually really relieved after losing my first match. The pressure was off at that point and I went on to win the next 3-4 matches, even eliminating the guy who put me in loser's. It turned out to be a lot of fun.

Dahbomb

man I'm so nervous, I don't want to get blown up tomorrow. :( What do people do to not be nervous?
You are going to get blown up. Try not to get perfect'd. :D

I'm not even talking about that - what answers does Wolverine have to superjump - airdash S? And teleport mixups as well (though that's asking for a berserker slash really)
Air throw.

I like Wolverine in the Dorm vs Wolverine match up. That flame carpet isn't going to stay out for long and Wolverine can't be zoned out all day.

Azure J

Parallax Scroll said:
Lots of people quoting Chris Hu in teamspooky stream chat right now... funny stuff.

Seriously, his GC18 performance was just too unreal. :lol

"Eskata!", "16 is barely ok", "Which comic is Wesker from"... So many golden quotes. :lol

Dirtbag

God everybody online got so good. Seems like most of the guys my level have moved on leaving a bunch of badasses online. I'm getting housed left and right now. Never should have taken those 2+ weeks off.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Parallax Scroll said:
Nice, I was hoping someone would make this. It's still missing the bits where Chris Hu was asking what comics characters were from. "Is Dr Doom in First Class?" lol
Hu: "Does Wesker always wear the glasses in the comics?"
Steve: "..."

LordAlu

Ugh, why does the TE fightstick have to cost so much? You can only get the SFIV one on UK websites and it's £100+, way too much money! Gonna have to stick to my pad :(

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
LordAlu said:
Ugh, why does the TE fightstick have to cost so much? You can only get the SFIV one on UK websites and it's £100+, way too much money! Gonna have to stick to my pad :(

I spent month searching for a good deal and eventually settled on a TE Round 2 for about exactly 100 pounds on Amazon. Cheapest I could find and it had free shipping to mainland Euro.

So now Tokido perfected meterless xfactor 1 kills with Wolverine, allowing him to save even more meter for Phoenix should an xfactor 2d Wolverine happens to run it back. Ugh.

Gamerbee combined Tokido and Wongs teams together into Wolverine/Akuma/Phoenix. Expected a player would use this sooner or later. Clearly had no knowledge of marvel and STILL won.

Wong better put a lot of time in the lab if he still wants to take 1st. He still has the best shot by far, but every time Tokido plays he seems to refine his team more and more.

LordAlu said:
They have coupon codes for sticks on the streams pretty often; not sure if any of those places ship to the UK though.

Also, personally I think the Mad Catz SF4 6-button pad is pretty good, and costs a lot less than a stick.

As far as the metagame goes right now, the best team in the game is probably Dante/Taskmaster/Phoenix. Solid health, massive meterless damage and quick meter building, ambiguous fake crossup teleports with arrow assist, DHC trick. Only thing is that its too high execution to learn before evo. I'll be sticking to Dormammu/Iron Man/Phoenix for now, which is an easier team in terms of consistent pressure and is stronger against phoenix teams.

kirblar

God's Beard said:
As far as the metagame goes right now, the best team in the game is probably Dante/Taskmaster/Phoenix. Solid health, massive meterless damage and quick meter building, ambiguous fake crossup teleports with arrow assist, DHC trick. Only thing is that its too high execution to learn before evo. I'll be sticking to Dormammu/Iron Man/Phoenix for now, which is an easier team in terms of consistent pressure and is stronger against phoenix teams.
You know how people say you theorycraft too much and have ivory tower syndrome?

zon

God's Beard said:

I find your lack of DRILL CLAW disturbing.

Anth0ny

God's Beard said:

Wolverine/whoeveryouwant/Phoenix

I finally got 4th lord. It was not as hard as usual, but there were some crazy bastards who just wouldn't give in. Went up against some dude with a sixteen win streak who played Wesker, Wolverine and Akuma. I think beating this team may be one of the greatest pleasures I've ever had in Marvel aside from beating Taskmaster's brains in.

Oh, and my fighting style turned orange. I was wondering why they turn different colors and I guess it has to do with your rank and how many matches you play.

Shit is hard work...

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
I put in a few dozen matches in the hopes that I could get to 4th lord tonight and holy crap the matchups are intense. I'm honestly at my best right now, and dudes online are giving crazy close match ups. X-factor lvl 3 Weskers popping out of nowhere, divekicking Wolvies and crazy amounts of Tron and Dante.

Gold Hsien-Ko is a godsend though. I can make everyone except Phoenix my bitch the moment I activate it and god help them if she is hopping about the stage in that form lol. I must've won a hundred matches today and the damned xp bar is still at 90%.

goddamn
xbox live or psn? because on xbox live getting to 4th lord status was so damn easy the 2nd time around. i constantly got 10+ winning streaks. getting to 3rd lord was fucking annoying.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Nah current meta game is ruled by Wolverine and Phoenix. The best team right now is Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix. You can OTG follow up with Phoenix's assist and Dante's Jam Session/Berserker Slash cross up is just TOO good on in coming characters. Dante alone on a Phoenix is just absurd as it is.

Man, I'm not all that salty because I still manage to move forward in the game, but some characters are gonna get hit hard in the next iteration of MvC. I don't see how they are going to let Tron or Wesker keep all that health and Wolverine is probably looking at a huge damage nerf down the road.

I'm not bitter, but their toolset is just too good in a game where you can pop x-factor and kill a character at the start.
smurfx said:
xbox live or psn? because on xbox live getting to 4th lord status was so damn easy the 2nd time around. i constantly got 10+ winning streaks. getting to 3rd lord was fucking annoying.
Technically I went from halfway 5th lord to 4th lord in two days, but it's still annoying. It's always annoying because the people on ranked are just unbearable with the assist spam. People with Tron in the ranks just completely abuse her assist to no end.

Dahbomb

A lot of characters can kill with X factor popping at the start, even off of throws.

Wolverine's problem isn't the damage, it's his tools. His mixups are imperceptible and if you are at the wrong spot you WILL get opened up. And once you get opened up his tools allow him to stay in and keep mixing you up until the match is over. Everything he has is very low risk into high reward. You can lower his damage output to the point where he would need 3 combos to kill a character (right now he needs 2 w/o X Factor) and his health like 700K and he would still be dominant.

His only targettable weakness is his Dive Kick, which is like +8 on block (give or take), leads into a full combo on hit, crosses up and has a massive hit box giving him priority over most attacks in the game. Every other thing he has cannot be targeted because of Berserker Charge.

Tron doesn't need a health nerf, she needs that health. Wesker is a candidate for a health nerf but that's it (aside of course the usual X factor changes).

Dahbomb said:
A lot of characters can kill with X factor popping at the start, even off of throws.

Wolverine's problem isn't the damage, it's his tools. His mixups are imperceptible and if you are at the wrong spot you WILL get opened up. And once you get opened up his tools allow him to stay in and keep mixing you up until the match is over. Everything he has is very low risk into high reward. You can lower his damage output to the point where he would need 3 combos to kill a character (right now he needs 2 w/o X Factor) and his health like 700K and he would still be dominant.

His only targettable weakness is his Dive Kick, which is like +8 on block (give or take), leads into a full combo on hit, crosses up and has a massive hit box giving him priority over most attacks in the game. Every other thing he has cannot be targeted because of Berserker Charge.
Some might say that a damage nerf doesn't solve the problem, but it definitely goes a long way towards making people actually work for their victories. I find the situation very similar to Sentinel and the nerf it underwent a little while after the game came out. It was obvious that people were using Sent's massive health to play sloppily since the rewards from it's assist and damage were so high, but the nerf left those people exposed to such a degree that their game actually needed to evolve in order to continue winning. I was really pissed off by it's crazy health and that nerf definitely cut the fat. The quality of the individual Sent players improved dramatically because a lot of the lazy players hopped off the bandwagon. It is one of the few things about Marvel that I feel consistent about even after the crazy improvements I've made since the game came out months ago.

Wolverine will most likely never get more interesting as long as the rewards are so high. Something structural may be needed to get the ball rolling, but a decrease on the damage is not a bad start for a character who is seemingly coming at you from three different places. If Hsien-Ko is supposedly a viable tourney character and her damage is nearly as abysmal as her mobility then Wolverine could come out better for it with a structural change and a damage drop.
Dahbomb said:
Tron doesn't need a health nerf, she needs that health. Wesker is a candidate for a health nerf but that's it (aside of course the usual X factor changes).
I understand that she doesn't have flight abilities or a teleport, but why exactly does she need that much health? It's really a matter of cutting her health or actually making her assist punishable and I'd gladly take either.

Wesker doesn't need much besides the cut in health to 950K(maybe 900K). What has to be done is something that punishes his constant launcher spam. It's got crazy ass priority and speed compared to nearly all the other launchers in the game.

I haven't really mentioned individual X-factor nerfs because nearly everyone has reasonable abilities up to level 2. X-factor level 3 just needs to die a horrible death. It makes crazy strong characters nearly unbeatable(wekser teleports, phoenix pew pew pew, crazy chip damage). I have no idea how X-factor level 3 even made it out of the testing stages.

Horrible horrible decision on their part.

shaowebb

Is anyone else running into guys online who just STOP playing against you if you take out a character?

I'll take the win, but If I just lost a few matches to you with a team in close bouts don't give up on me. Thats more insulting than mashing taunts after a dark phoenix comeback.

I've had this happen with several teams I used against 4 different people.

I can't remember all the teams but one was Chun Li/Ryu/Sentinel
Another was C.Viper/Ryu/Wolverine

...both teams I ran a close match then on the next fight I'd take out the point man and they'd put down their stick.

I forgot to mention that it's 4th lord on Xbl, Ultimoo. I don't play nearly enough on the PS3 to get to 4th. I hit 7th lord on PSN yesterday.
shaowebb said:
Is anyone else running into guys online who just STOP playing against you if you take out a character?
I used to do this when I was down to one character with less than half health left. It only happened with Qistoptier and Ultimoo. No one has ever crushed my hopes and dreams so thoroughly.

It's been a while since that happened, though. I did make three people quit today lol.

Dahbomb said:
Nah current meta game is ruled by Wolverine and Phoenix. The best team right now is Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix. You can OTG follow up with Phoenix's assist and Dante's Jam Session/Berserker Slash cross up is just TOO good on in coming characters. Dante alone on a Phoenix is just absurd as it is.

Nah son, Dante is ass at helping wolvie get in compared to akuma or sent or iron man. he needs that lockdown for dive kick and teleport protection. phoenix on that team is bringing him down.

kirblar

SolarPowered said:
Some might say that a damage nerf doesn't solve the problem, but it definitely goes a long way towards making people actually work for their victories. I find the situation very similar to Sentinel and the nerf it underwent a little while after the game came out. It was obvious that people were using Sent's massive health to play sloppily since the rewards from it's assist and damage were so high, but the nerf left those people exposed to such a degree that their game actually needed to evolve in order to continue winning. I was really pissed off by it's crazy health and that nerf definitely cut the fat. The quality of the individual Sent players improved dramatically because a lot of the lazy players hopped off the bandwagon. It is one of the few things about Marvel that I feel consistent about even after the crazy improvements I've made since the game came out months ago.

Wolverine will most likely never get more interesting as long as the rewards are so high. Something structural may be needed to get the ball rolling, but a decrease on the damage is not a bad start for a character who is seemingly coming at you from three different places. If Hsien-Ko is supposedly a viable tourney character and her damage is nearly as abysmal as her mobility then Wolverine could come out better for it with a structural change and a damage drop.

I understand that she doesn't have flight abilities or a teleport, but why exactly does she need that much health? It's really a matter of cutting her health or actually making her assist punishable and I'd gladly take either.

Wesker doesn't need much besides the cut in health to 950K(maybe 900K). What has to be done is something that punishes his constant launcher spam. It's got crazy ass priority and speed compared to nearly all the other launchers in the game.

I haven't really mentioned individual X-factor nerfs because nearly everyone has reasonable abilities up to level 2. X-factor level 3 just needs to die a horrible death. It makes crazy strong characters nearly unbeatable(wekser teleports, phoenix pew pew pew, crazy chip damage). I have no idea how X-factor level 3 even made it out of the testing stages.

Horrible horrible decision on their part.
Tron, Haggar, Zangief, and other grapplers get large HP pools becacuse of the amount of incidental damage they have to take to get in on projectile characters.

I think the flame just needs a more punishable low hitbox, tbh. It's just too hard to hit her low while its out.

Superior race confirmed?
Ultimoo said:
shout outs to getting blown up by the xbox 360 controller.

fuck fuck fuck.
Now you're playing with the big boys.
kirblar said:
Tron, Haggar, Zangief, and other grapplers get large HP pools becacuse of the amount of incidental damage they have to take to get in on projectile characters.

I think the flame just needs a more punishable low hitbox, tbh. It's just too hard to hit her low while its out.
Her assist needs to be more vulnerable then. She is honestly all good in my eyes once the assist is reigned in. I've even mentioned her relative stability before.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Detailz plz.

Now you know how I feel playing on reg. 360 pad.

My first mistake: Not bringing my PS3 pad, the TO didn't give a clear answer of how the PS3 converter works. Brought PS2 pads instead.
My second mistake: Not bringing my own converter, because I thought the tournament would have enough converters. There was 80+ people, and 4 converters.
My third mistake: Not being a bitch and waiting 15 minutes to get one converter.
My fourth mistake: Getting angry when I was down a game.

So yeah, I went 2-2 on the 360 pad and I'm fricking salty as hell, because I didn't finish one combo with that piece of shit. I had to use the analog to do anything. So I'm pissed as hell right now, I actually fought the TO in losers, and he was stuffing with my j.H with Ammy with Dorm's j.L, but having my pad would have been so much more enjoyable. I dropped more combos today than I have online in the past week.

so fuck the 360

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
My first mistake: Not bringing my PS3 pad, the TO didn't give a clear answer of how the PS3 converter works. Brought PS2 pads instead.
My second mistake: Not bringing my own converter, because I thought the tournament would have enough converters. There was 80+ people, and 4 converters.
My third mistake: Not being a bitch and waiting 15 minutes to get one converter.

So yeah, I went 2-2 on the 360 pad and I'm fricking salty as hell, because I didn't finish one combo with that piece of shit. I had to use the analog to do anything. So I'm pissed as hell right now, I actually fought the TO in losers, and he was stuffing with my j.H with Ammy with Dorm's j.L, but having my pad would have been so much more enjoyable. I dropped more combos today than I have online in the past week.

so fuck the 360 and the TO.
Is this tourney a regular thing? Go in next time and go all kaio ken up in that bitch.

Remember, no dropped combos in Marvel, only resets son. Run that shit back.

Ultimoo said:

Damn, that fucking sucks. How many times have you even used the 360 pad?

Yeesh

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:

10mm1dt.gif

Neki

SolarPowered said:
Damn, that fucking sucks. How many times have you even used the 360 pad?

Yeesh

Zero times? I don't own MvC3 for 360. Funny thing is my first game was on the T.V that was recording, so you can see me drop combos all day and still win the game.

Is this tourney a regular thing? Go in next time and go all kaio ken up in that bitch.

Remember, no dropped combos in Marvel, only resets son. Run that shit back.

Yeah, I'll bring my own converter next time. Whoever I run into online today is going to get blown up. Imma fuck them up.

smurfx

get some go again
seriously though ultimoo i wish you luck in your next tournament. i hope you come prepared with the right equipment next time.

Neki

smurfx said:
seriously though ultimoo i wish you luck in your next tournament. i hope you come prepared with the right equipment next time.
I'm sorry I trusted the tournament to have enough converters you jerk. I'd blow you up any day of the week.

You post that gif a lot Smurf, but you still haven't responded to my several requests for some matches.

Hmmm
Ultimoo said:
Zero times? I don't own MvC3 for 360. Funny thing is my first game was on the T.V that was recording, so you can see me drop combos all day and still win the game.
Now you know how I felt when I played MvC3 with the PS3 pad the first time. It was against you and Q. I seriously felt like quitting Marvel, but I kept it to myself and kept pushing forward. Hard times, bro.

:(
Ultimoo said:
Yeah, I'll bring my own converter next time. Whoever I run into online today is going to get blown up. Imma fuck them up.
I was gonna play some Mahvel...but I think I just gonna go watch some more MLP.

>_>

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Nah son, Dante is ass at helping wolvie get in compared to akuma or sent or iron man. he needs that lockdown for dive kick and teleport protection. phoenix on that team is bringing him down.
You thinking that Wolverine actually needs "help" getting in is why you don't have Wolverine in your "best team currently".

Akuma also doesn't help Wolverine get in... it helps him stay in and do mix ups. If you used Akuma full screen to help Wolverine get in you will lose the match.

She needs the health because she has a large hit box and has trouble getting in against most characters (low mobility even though she has an air dash). When your best way of approaching characters is j.H... yeah you need the all the health you can get. Plus she technically falls into the grappler class because of her command throws (hyper included).

I agree with your second option of making the assist slightly more punishable. It's way too "get out of a jail free card" right now.

Launcher needs more recovery frames for sure. -1 on block is retarded to some characters like Iron Man who have -18.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
I'm sorry I trusted the tournament to have enough converters you jerk. I'd blow you up any day of the week.
lol wtf i wasn't being condescending. solar every time i'm playing you are either on netflix or you are away. i rarely ever catch you playing marvel.

Neki

smurfx said:
lol wtf i wasn't being condescending. solar every time i'm playing you are either on netflix or you are away. i rarely ever catch you playing marvel.
That sounded condescending as shit, what are you talking about?

smurfx said:
solar every time i'm playing you are either on netflix or you are away. i rarely ever catch you playing marvel.
All I require is a message on xbl or a post in this thread. It's the way we've always done things around here.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
All I require is a message on xbl or a post in this thread. It's the way we've always done things around here.
last time i sent you an invite while you were doing something else you got all cranky because you weren't warmed up!

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
The last time I asked if you wanted to play you chickened out and went to play ranked!
hey i was working on 3rd lord! anyways next time i'm online and feeling in the mood i'll send you an invite.

N4Us

Got this glitch again, although with Chun-Li instead of X-23 and a pic this time. Happened when a lag spike hit right when I chose her.

ox9pT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom