• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morphis

I was wondering if anyone knows where on the NorCal Regionals stream I can watch Daigo's MvC3 matches (on what timestamp)? I've been looking, but can't really find it. If it's in this thread somewhere I apologize, haven't kept up with it.

Dahbomb

Nori Chan

I'm hoping and praying that Comic Con will bring us at least some news.

It's kinda tough getting all of the shadow battles with no costumes, characters, etc. in sight. :(

vg260

Noriega said:
I'm hoping and praying that Comic Con will bring us at least some news.

It's kinda tough getting all of the shadow battles with no costumes, characters, etc. in sight. :(

No way they don't say something. It would be a huge blunder for Capcom not to, especially considering MK DLC getting a lot of hype and keeping people interested by comparison. MvC3 interest seems to be at a critical point where they're in danger of losing a lot of people.

The way the shadow battle and event DLC seems to be wrapping up, it all points to something new to announce at SDCC. To echo earlier posts, they probably didn't expect people to be getting frustrated w/ the silence as much as they are.

Waikis

Dahbomb said:
Found this on SRK. I might replace Sent Drones with Tatsu though.

And it seems like Maximillian is doing a feature on X-23 in the future as stated by DevilJin, a player of X-23:

Glad he went for deviljin, the vids which I have posted really helped my play.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
you should be able to report them

I msged a bunch of people asking them to take them down for a few weeks, at least until we get the HD replays up. Some people were cool, others obviously dont give a shit.

Dont know if I can bring myself to report the videos though...thats seems soo..mean! :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dirtbag said:
between comic-con and evo, I don't see how something DOESN'T get announced. DLC charcters or sequel, or update patch. Something will have to happen.
Did you miss the massive disappointment that was Captivate 11?

Capcoms current silence is probably the result of licensing issues and the many pre-release leaks. At least we know they're doing something. They aren't afraid to patch the game with the intention of better game balance, unlike trollno who deliberately imbalances his games.

shaowebb

I gotta say as a Roll player from TvC I gotta side with Sixfortyfive (local boy!). She was awesome and so underused. Not only that but the antics you could pull with her brush by calling assists made it chainable.

My favorite trick was to call an assist to catch my healing orb. Imagine using THAT in MVC3 on a Phoenix Team (or sent since he'd catch it easier and it'd make him boss again).

sigh...

Man I made every fan vote thread for this game for every round on Capcom Unity and I can't even remember now if I voted Roll or not since the only two I remember voting for were Strider and Phoenix Wright on Capcom side.

I may have voted Gene from Godhand as my third (boy if you think Dante has a lot of moves...)

Hype train for Comiccon is go.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
2&2 said:
The way the shadow battle and event DLC seems to be wrapping up, it all points to something new to announce at SDCC.
Sometimes I wonder how you guys convince yourselves that this sort of stuff is a sure thing.

Man, golden Hsien-Ko actually puts in some work if you know how to use her. If Capcom ever gets rid of X-factor lvl 3 they should give Hsien-Ko's golden mode a speed boost along with hyper armor.

It'd make her special actually worth the bar.

Dahbomb

Just increase her mobility (both air and ground), time duration on gold armor and slight overall damage boost.

Gold armored Hsien Ko is a hard counter to Wolverine (and any pure rushdown character). Until it runs out of course.

shaowebb

If we're making a list of things to add to the game I would like to second the increase in Hsien Ko's mobility and add a few requests:

• Give Haggar a Clothesline that has the range of thunder Knuckle, but has an EX version that cancels projectiles so he can finally have some mobility options that are decent.
  • Give Viewtiful Joe a teleport similar to Zero's
  • Shave Wolverine's X-factor boost
  • Remove X-Factor from Phoenix making it something to use only with her other characters
  • Get rid of Captain America Cartwheel Vulnerability

Neki

Honestly, I wish more characters had OTG assists. That way, I wouldn't have to use Wesker everytime I want an OTG assist.

USD

I think I'm gonna start playing online tomorrow. I expect to get decimated and end up going back to square one.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
Honestly, I wish more characters had OTG assists. That way, I wouldn't have to use Wesker everytime I want an OTG assist.

Wesker's low shot is Godly due to its speed and that it comes out in front of you, but there are other OTG assists.

Here is a list of every OTG assist in the game:
  • She-Hulk-Torpedo
  • X-23-Ankle Slice
  • Dante-Crystal
  • Viewtiful Joe-Shocking Pink
  • Shuma Gorath-Mystic Ray
  • Super Skrull-Stone Smite
  • Sentinel-Rocket Punch
  • Iron Man-Smart Bomb
  • Hulk-Gamma Wave
  • Dormammu-Purification
  • Deadpool-Katanarama
  • Taskmaster-Vertical Shot
  • Arthur-Fire Bottle
  • C. Viper-Seismo
  • Wesker-Low Shot

I am particularly fond of Rocket Punch, Crystal, Katanarama and especially Vertical shot (because it also destroys dive kickers).

There are a lot of things you can work with here. Timing is different for each one, but for some combos thats needed because you may need that delay.

Neki

* She-Hulk-Torpedo
Yeah, this is a good one I guess can't use She-Hulk though. :p

* X-23-Ankle Slice
Also a good one, X-23 is just a poor Wolverine though.

* Dante-Crystal
Weasel Shot and Jam Session seem like the better assists in this case.

* Viewtiful Joe-Shocking Pink
The timing on this one is insane, Jill optimizes it the best.

* Shuma Gorath-Mystic Ray
No experience on this one.

* Super Skrull-Stone Smite
Is this a wall/ground bounce too? Not sure, but it seems to have really strict timing.

* Sentinel-Rocket Punch
Can't give up drones, sorry. :(

* Iron Man-Smart Bomb
Uni-beam is usually needed for cross-ups and mixups.

* Hulk-Gamma Wave
I think this might work, most people use the super armor ones though.

* Dormammu-Purification
I think this one can only be used to lift into a hyper. It can't be extended into combos usually because it hits like 4 times.

* Deadpool-Katanarama
Deadpool has a good OTG, agreed.

* Taskmaster-Vertical Shot
I've actually never seen this used to extend a combo.

* Arthur-Fire Bottle
Arthur is garbage, lol.

* C. Viper-Seismo
C.Viper is usually on point, but this is a decent one too.

* Wesker-Low Shot
BEST ASSIST IN THE GAME

Everyone should just have an OTG assist!

Chavelo

Hmmmm... nah...

Either you have an OTG assist, or you rock your self an OTG attack with a beam assist or something like that to help you out.

Neki

Chavelo said:
Hmmmm... nah...

Either you have an OTG assist, or you rock your self an OTG attack with a beam assist or something like that to help you out.

Ammy does not approve of this message, gr. Give Ammy an OTG!

Toski

shaowebb said:
If we're making a list of things to add to the game I would like to second the increase in Hsien Ko's mobility and add a few requests:

• Give Haggar a Clothesline that has the range of thunder Knuckle, but has an EX version that cancels projectiles so he can finally have some mobility options that are decent.
  • Give Viewtiful Joe a teleport similar to Zero's
  • Shave Wolverine's X-factor boost
  • Remove X-Factor from Phoenix making it something to use only with her other characters
  • Get rid of Captain America Cartwheel Vulnerability
  • Give Captain America a dive kick and have him shout "FOR AMERICA" when used.
Added to your list.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
An OTG that I can extend into a combo after, Ammy does not approve! Using down forward H to combo-extend something just sounds awkward.
OTG > Ultra > OTG > Ultra > OTG > Ultra > ???? > Profit!

All you need is more girls and skimpier costumes. What else?
Exactly, "what else?" - no one cares.

Since I've never played TvC, how was that received? If I remember correctly it cost 2 bars? And getting hit built meter so you would eventually get it if your character could survive to build 2 bars? X-Factor is a fixed number so after you burn it doing whatever, no more combo breaking for you.
Basically, rushdown characters with low health had no reason to use hypers, ever, because it was far more valuable to save their lives. Imagine Dark Phoenix with a combo breaker.

Because Captain Falcon only used race cars in Smash Brothers, right?
Why put a character that needs a moveset created for him when Capcom has so many others that people want, and actually have a moveset to base it off of?

Smash Bros isn't a good example because most of the roster didn't have attacks in the first place; a moveset had to be created from nothing for a good portion of the characters. Mario never uppercuts in his games, Samus has no kick attacks, Game and Watch, etc.

No way they don't say something. It would be a huge blunder for Capcom not to,
Where have I heard this argument before?

Capcom does all sorts of unbelievably stupid things. Never underestimate their ability to screw up.

Capcoms current silence is probably the result of licensing issues and the many pre-release leaks. At least we know they're doing something. They aren't afraid to patch the game with the intention of better game balance, unlike trollno who deliberately imbalances his games.
The silence is because the game is still selling, and if Capcom announces Super MvC3 this early, sales will plummet. If they had DLC on the way, they'd announce it ASAP, because people would want to hang onto their copies longer. The moment Super gets announced, people will sell their games en masse; nevermind the lost play time, the average person does not care.

We don't need more OTG assists, we just need existing ones to not suck. How do you even OTG with Stone Smite?!

What we really need is more "get off me" assist options - Tron and Haggar alone are not enough. Give me CapCom.

* Arthur-Fire Bottle
Arthur is garbage, lol.
If you think Arthur is garbage, play against Evulsoidier on PSN.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
Sometimes I wonder how you guys convince yourselves that this sort of stuff is a sure thing.

I think it makes a lot of sense.

The timed release "update" in the way of Events/Shadow Battles is a new thing that Capcom's trying. It utterly failing, but they probably thought that it would buy them some time before they had to announce substantial DLC for MvC3. Now that we're coming to the end of the new Events/Shadow Battles, I don't think it's far fetched to suspect an announcement incoming.

Ultimoo said:
An OTG that I can extend into a combo after, Ammy does not approve! Using down forward H to combo-extend something just sounds awkward.

Ammy has every tool she needs X1,000. They don't need to give her anything else.

notworksafe

Sorry for the spam but I figured people here would be interested. I'm helping to run a big tourney at the Comic Expo in Albuquerque, NM with a $1000 guaranteed MvC3 prize (also running T6, AE, and MK) so if you're in the area come by and say hi! We'll be doing casual/free tournies today and the big money ones tomorrow.

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index....po-mvc3-100000-guaranteed-1st-june-24th-26th/

Justin Wong will be here tomorrow as well, so come get your chance to whup him in whatever game you want! We'll even have a Super Turbo arcade machine!

Unfortunately the net there is far too poor to run a stream but we'll have videos of Jwong's fights and all the finals up after the weekend.

Nice flowchart. I've been rocking the "It's flowchart time!" banner and Wolverine face for the last few days.

Also, arcade mode is actually pretty useful as a training tool. It's mostly just a big combo exhibition, but it helps for practicing those split second decisions like "I caught them mid-jump, what combo can I do from here?" or "he's at 50% life, which combo should I use for an easy kill?" It's also been good practice for keeping track of whether I've used my ground bounce or assist yet during a combo.

So this weekend we've got ECT and SS, right? Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom