• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAlu

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
About how much input delay does the 4-bar network simulation add in training mode? I was messing around at a friend's house earlier and noticed right away that training mode was sluggish without having to check. Just wondering how sharp my senses are. :3

Anth0ny

Do we know if MvC3 is the main event at Evo yet? I work until 4PM EST that Sunday, but I'm willing to take work off to watch Marvel.

But I'd imagine it's last, or second last (AE). Help?

Anth0ny said:
Do we know if MvC3 is the main event at Evo yet? I work until 4PM EST that Sunday, but I'm willing to take work off to watch Marvel.

But I'd imagine it's last, or second last (AE). Help?
I don't think we're going to find out for certain until the schedule comes out. I think there's a very strong chance that it could, since it's new and it generates massive hype, but SFIV has been the ME for the past couple of years, so who knows.

Anth0ny

Professor Beef said:
I don't think we're going to find out for certain until the schedule comes out. I think there's a very strong chance that it could, since it's new and it generates massive hype, but SFIV has been the ME for the past couple of years, so who knows.

My way of thinking is... Marvel will generate the most hype because of the USA vs. Japan shit going on. In AE, we know Daigo and Japan has the upper hand and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he takes it with relative ease. Marvel on the other hand... we don't know!

hype =)

Anth0ny said:
My way of thinking is... Marvel will generate the most hype because of the USA vs. Japan shit going on. In AE, we know Daigo and Japan has the upper hand and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he takes it with relative ease. Marvel on the other hand... we don't know!

hype =)
I'll honestly be happy either way.

MUSTFINDARIDEQUICKER

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
Marvel GAF is dead.

I take it you are referring to the GAF tourney of salt and pringles that had so many lazy casuals people fill it and never show that it died trying to get past the first round.

Check that thread for my suggested solution.

Azure J

SolarPowered said:
Marvel GAF is dead.

Nah, just in hibernation until EVO. God I can't wait for it. Also, I still can't believe I haven't gotten this game yet and I've been around since the "urley" days... :lol

;__;

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Didn't the same thing happen with the Street Fighter IV (Vanilla) tourney way back when it came out? I think I remember waiting and never got to get my second match, and then had to drop due to school. lol

shaowebb said:
I take it you are referring to the GAF tourney of salt and pringles that had so many lazy casuals people fill it and never show that it died trying to get past the first round.

Check that thread for my suggested solution.
I was just referring to the thread. I think any tournament threads from now on should have a strict one week policy for matchups. If one of the fighters is a no show then cut that person loose and have the active fighter match up with a winner. It'll make things a little messy, but people will be fighting at least. Scrapping the whole tournament like you suggested might work better in this scenario at this point.

Are you up for any games? You have Xbl as well and we've never fought.

My GT is right on the NeoGAF public profile.
AzureJericho said:
Nah, just in hibernation until EVO. God I can't wait for it. Also, I still can't believe I haven't gotten this game yet and I've been around since the "urley" days... :lol

;__;
What

Azure J

SolarPowered said:

Long story short, most of my Marvel experience comes from randoms on campus during the past semester of school and hanging around GAF's awesome fighting community stream monsterin'.

AzureJericho said:
Long story short, most of my Marvel experience comes from randoms on campus during the past semester of school and hanging around GAF's awesome fighting community stream monsterin'.
That has got to be rough. I could never follow this game without having it in my hands at any time.

SolarPowered said:
That has got to be rough. I could never follow this game without having it in my hands at any time.
It seems rough, but probably because you have the game and Azure (and myself) don't own it. The couple of times a month (literally) I get to play it are fun as hell, but I could never see myself getting into it competitively.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
What

enzo_gt said:
u1uI7.jpg

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
Are you up for any games? You have Xbl as well and we've never fought.

Not till sunday. I'm polymodeling after work each night until Sunday to meet my midterm deadlines and I'm well beyond getting this done quickly at this point.

I'm gonna play a lot on Monday for sure and likely sunday night. Here's hoping it actually accepts my room invites this time around. Last time the Marvel Gods forbade us from fighting every time we'd send each other invites. I've been hoping to watch your stuff in action.

AzureJericho said:
I gotta admit that I found this funny. They should call her projectiles salty balls instead lol.

Youtube voice: Say hi, Phoenix!

Phoenix: Burn in the flames!!!Die!!@!@!

I gotta admit I'd like to see them make a Hsien-Ko one if only to see them shit on her constantly outside of Rimoukon.
smurfx said:
i'm around but i'm too tired to post much or even play right now.
Understandable
Professor Beef said:
It seems rough, but probably because you have the game and Azure (and myself) don't own it. The couple of times a month (literally) I get to play it are fun as hell, but I could never see myself getting into it competitively.
I've got over 2000 matches under my belt and I don't consider myself a competitive player. I've always felt that a serious player will at least attend some tournaments here and there if they can.

mr. puppy

Banned
alright what the hell is the point of akuma on anchor instead of putting him in the second spot. is it the beam x-factor cancel? his limbs are just too stubby to reliably pull of heavy damage (or maybe i'm just awful)

Grecco

mr. puppy said:
alright what the hell is the point of akuma on anchor instead of putting him in the second spot. is it the beam x-factor cancel? his limbs are just too stubby to reliably pull of heavy damage (or maybe i'm just awful)

Hes great with lvl 3 xfactor if you are in that situation.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Eagerly awaiting Maximilian's X-23 tutorial. Love playing her even though I can't really do any fancy mirage feint stuff.

The community needs more players like Champ that know how to talk shit and be serious about it. I don't like seeing good sportsmanship in fighting games, it annoys me.

Good games? No bitch, FUCK YOU.

Neki

God's Beard said:
The community needs more players like Champ that know how to talk shit and be serious about it. I don't like seeing good sportsmanship in fighting games, it annoys me.

you don't play me, that's why. qq.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
God's Beard said:

gg man gg

DR2K

Banned
God's Beard said:

It's called being over 8.

God's Beard said:

I disagree with this

Anyone have a link to that 700k taskmaster meterless bnb? Right now I'm only getting ~460-470k on mine, but I don't have much experience with Task:

2L2M2H6H, jH6H, jMMH, MH4H, S, jMMHS, Down Arrows

DR2K said:
It's called being over 8.
Sorry if I enjoy getting worked up. This isn't a sport, so no point in sportsmanship. So boring without the grudge matches.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
God's Beard said:
Anyone have a link to that 700k taskmaster meterless bnb? Right now I'm only getting ~460-470k on mine, but I don't have much experience with Task:

2L2M2H6H, jH6H, jMMH, MH4H, S, jMMHS, Down Arrows

Sorry if I enjoy getting worked up. This isn't a sport, so no point in sportsmanship. So boring without the grudge matches.
its not about being a sport or not.

there's a line between talking smack(which almost everyone does, including in "sports") and being an ass.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
~Devil Trigger~ said:
its not about being a sport or not.

there's a line between talking smack(which almost everyone does, including in "sports") and being an ass.

Agreed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ayo Marvel-360-GAF, add me on XBL: arvinater.

Might not be a lot this weekend because of TF2 and steam sale, but hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom