• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Anth0ny said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we see some cross promotion... like the Captain America costume from the new movie or something.

Was gonna add that one, but wasn't sure how different that would be from what we have now when translated in-game. But yeah, movie costume Thor, Spider-Man and Iron Man are entirely possible. Although in the cases of Mr. Parker and Stark they have so many better options to choose from. The black leather suit from the first X-Men movies would also be a great pick for Wolverine.

Wallach

robut said:
Man, MVC3 is so dividing. I think that clip makes the game look incredible, to others it's GAY and why the game is terrible.

I just like the noise Dormammu makes when he gets socked by mach speed, lol.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
this or death

Storm2.jpg

Neki

robut said:
Man, MVC3 is so dividing. I think that clip makes the game look incredible, to others it's GAY and why the game is terrible.
What is gay about that? don't randomly team super and it won't happen.

Neki

I'd try that, but the team synergy with THC is terrible on my team. If I had three beam supers it'd rock though. :p

h3ro

Grecco said:
Anyone have expereince tightening your TE stick?

Do you mean increasing the tension in the JLF itself? I changed the stock JLF spring in my TE to an LS55 spring. Feels much "tighter" and the stick snaps back to neutral far quicker it did with the stock spring.

Grecco

h3ro said:
Do you mean increasing the tension in the JLF itself? I changed the stock JLF spring in my TE to an LS55 spring. Feels much "tighter" and the stick snaps back to neutral far quicker it did with the stock spring.

Yes increasing the tension in the stock. I think eventhubs had linked a video on their page on how to do it but i cant find it. I think my TE stick is already kinda loose. (Bought it in march)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Toxicplatypus said:
New Lupinko Tweet.

talkin' bout dat marvel, sumthang bout dat announcement coming up sumtime, ya hear?

So many hints towards comic-con lately.
Now I'm convinced that he's a viral marketer paid by Capcom.

lupinko

enzo_gt said:
I wish, I don't get any money for this stuff you know.
Not that I don't want any, if anyone is willing to pay my bills then that works too.

Except leaks hurt retail sales according to Seth Killian and Sven.

Besides, it's not like what Lupinko does is a full-time job. If Capcom wanted to do it this way, they could just have any old staffer make a Twitter account, post something once a week, and it'd have the same effect, plus they could control the data and increase hype/troll like Ono does.

vg260

Karsticles said:
Except leaks hurt retail sales according to Seth Killian and Sven.

Besides, it's not like what Lupinko does is a full-time job. If Capcom wanted to do it this way, they could just have any old staffer make a Twitter account, post something once a week, and it'd have the same effect, plus they could control the data and increase hype/troll like Ono does.

I'm really curious how exactly leaks hurt their bottom line and if there's any real proof. I'm not discounting what they're saying, I'm just curious how that translates into lost sales. Apparently it derails marketing plans which cost money to plan, but I'm skeptical that it really costs them money. Do people really lose interest by knowing what characters are in ahead of time? Perhaps they meant to keep the "hidden' characters hidden until after release. It seems like a really hard thing to quantify,even more so than, say, lost sales to piracy.

mr. puppy

Banned
read around on srk and here and never realized how ridiculous dante/haggar/phoenix is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrTynRaUyVQ&NR=1

when phoenix gets snapped in that haggar assist turns shit around so much that she can get away pretty safely if you block the mixups correctly. too bad phoenix is retarded, if she gets nerfed in super i'd love to pick up this team.

2&2 said:
I'm really curious how exactly leaks hurt their bottom line and if there's any real proof. I'm not discounting what they're saying, I'm just curious how that translates into lost sales. Apparently it derails marketing plans which cost money to plan, but I'm skeptical that it really costs them money. Do people really lose interest by knowing what characters are in ahead of time? Perhaps they meant to keep the "hidden' characters hidden until after release. It seems like a really hard thing to quantify,even more so than, say, lost sales to piracy.

Seems to me like intentionally misleading people into buying the game to a certain degree. I remember the week before it came out when people were frantically asking those who got it EDIT: urly if megaman was in. No way of knowing really. Maybe an ask capcom topic would answer this question (although I'm not certain the answer would be satisfactory)

2&2 said:

Compare the MVC3 buildup to Brawl.

mr. puppy

Banned
God's Beard said:
Compare the MVC3 buildup to Brawl.

brawls stuff was leaked really early too, when that dude put out the huge list that included the item where you grab it and aim somewhere at the screen and fly at that point. i can't remember what the hell it was called, but it was the first thing on the guys list that pretty much verified everything else on it since it was so out of left field.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Costume ideas/Wish list part 2

Iron Man

There's so many to choose from. Some of the better picks are already included in the game and the problem with the remaining lot is that a lot of them only feature minor differences so I picked some of the more diverse options out there.

Bleeding Edge

320x240

No huge differences with the current in-game model, but it's the suit he currently uses in the comics.

War Machine

320x240

Doubt they're saving his colors for a separate character, so pretty much an essential pick

Arctic

320x240

This thing feels like an Action Man toy, but it looks pretty different from the rest so I included it.

Ultimate Iron Man

320x240

Suitcase armor from Iron Man 2 was nifty too.

Magneto

Hard one. Movie Magneto would indeed be a contender.

Onslaught

320x240

Helmetless recent costume:

320x240

Sir Magnus

320x240

M.O.D.O.K.

Only one I can think of, but it's a good one.

Elvis M.O.D.O.K.

320x240

Phoenix

Honestly very happy with the current costumes although I'll never play Phoenix. Love the Phoenix of the White Crown outfit. What they could and probably should do is tweak the colours of the flames in Dark Phoenix mode so that Dark Phoenix mirrors end up being at least a slight bit less confusing visual clusterfuck. Since Jean Grey's best stuff has been covered in my eyes, I'm fishing for other Phoenix Force wielders here.

Rachel Summers with blue Phoenix aura:

320x240

Hope Summers:

320x240

and

320x240

Sentinel

Honestly here is where I'd try and add some joke costumes. Give me a Sentinel with Gundam colours, a sombrero, anything

Don't have much inspiration for serious picks here, aside from this one and classic Sentinel

273614-39250-sentinel.jpg

She-Hulk

They already crammed 4 separate characters in one character here with the existing costumes. Obscure pick time:

Hulk (Exiles)

320x240

Lawyer She-Hulk:

320x240

Shuma-Gorath:

Impossible to pick an alt costume that would be a reference to one of his appearances in the comics since the character is damn obscure. So it's silly hat time! Hate to repeat myself, but prime picks would indeed include a sombrero, a top hat + monocle, a hipster hat and one of those Royal Guard hats.

To be concluded.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
That suit is kind of included, or at least referenced to with the color. Which issomething I was going to address in my last costume suggestion post.

Some of the costumes do wink towards other established costumes. Examples of this would be this Iron Man costume, Wolverine with the Age of Apocalypse color scheme the blue Taskmaster hints at the Udon redesign and last but not least the Gloria-Trish.

It would be a lot nicer if they went all the way with those rather than just palet swapping.

Dahbomb

I always wanted this version of She Hulk in:

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/0/0e/She-Hulk_Vol_2_29_Textless.jpg

Onslaught Magneto would be quite badass.

mr. puppy said:
read around on srk and here and never realized how ridiculous dante/haggar/phoenix is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrTynRaUyVQ&NR=1

when phoenix gets snapped in that haggar assist turns shit around so much that she can get away pretty safely if you block the mixups correctly. too bad phoenix is retarded, if she gets nerfed in super i'd love to pick up this team.
It's the second best possible MVC3 team out there right now. Even if Dante dies early, Haggar is guaranteed to give 1+ bar to Phoenix on death thanks to his high health. Haggar + Dante is almost insurmountable if played correctly.

Meta game right now = Godlike point character/Godlike assist(preferably one with good health)/Phoenix

It's not going to be long until someone comes up with a XXX/Tron/Phoenix team (a lot of people have already but it's not quite top 3 best MVC3 team quality). I am thinking She Hulk there.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/04/mvc3-team-combos-for-dormammu-wesker-akuma/

This video is VERY relevant to me. :D I use this team and a lot of the team combos in there.

The Liberation reset is STOLEN!

This has been my secondary team for quite some time and a lot of the stuff shown in the video is very practical in live matches. Of course it's set up Dorm/Wesker/Akuma but you can easily put Wesker up one order if you need to because he can combo off of Dark Hole. 3 very powerful X factor characters at your disposal and at least 2 great meter users and anti-Phoenix characters. It goes without saying but this team set up is made for a very rushdown style of Dorm.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
It's the second best possible MVC3 team out there right now. Even if Dante dies early, Haggar is guaranteed to give 1+ bar to Phoenix on death thanks to his high health. Haggar + Dante is almost insurmountable if played correctly.

Really hope Wolverine and Phoenix get hit with the nerf stick via patch or in the next edition. Still love watching this game on streams, and while there's a certain charm in routing against those characters it gets old when everyone and their cat is playing them with little variation in playstyle.

Currently having a ton of fun with Dormammu/X-23/Dante and while it may not be the most competitively viable team I love all the little dirty tricks you can do. No clue how strong it is compared to my previous main team as I'm almost exclusively playing a friend now. Been a while since I touched ranked.

Playing Dormammu, I'm totally stealing that Liberation reset as well.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Love love love X-23. Hope this comes out soon. Wonder if you can give any execution tips for the feint combos. The timing and spacing feels very alien and awkward to me compared to other combos in the game so for the most part I haven't bothered because I consistently drop the first part of the combo anyway. Love all the different approaches she has and her crossup game most of all. Hope her Mirage Feit M gets some sort of invincibility buff eventually.

Khal_B

That Spidey ownage was awesome. Maybe we'll see some of that at EVO?

Also, are there any Dante players here that can help me out? I'm trying to learn the bold cancel into an air trick after stinger so that I can land next to them in the air to follow up with my combo. But I'm having a really hard time with the timing. Any advice?

Thanks.

Lothars

Nils said:
Really hope Wolverine and Phoenix get hit with the nerf stick via patch or in the next edition. Still love watching this game on streams, and while there's a certain charm in routing against those characters it gets old when everyone and their cat is playing them with little variation in playstyle.

I don't want any character nerfed, I would like some characters to be upgraded but no nerfs please.

I figured that you heard me congratulate you yesterday on the good games, Sixfortyfive, but I'm not sure if you heard me(I got the mic and all). Those games were pretty good. I've been buried under a mountain of homework and I'm still at it right now so I haven't been able to post much, but I wanted to ask....

What did you think of those fights yesterday?

Edit: Spider man would be absolutely boss class if his execution barrier were not as high. The dude can get around the stage like no other with that web zip and his web throw game is unimaginably sick if you know what your are doing.

I bet he'd be a shoe in for A tier in the next installment with some minor tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom