• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

That really wouldn't work if they're holding upback though, would it? That's what I usually do when I'm coming in the corner against a super armor opponent.

That really wouldn't work if they're holding upback though, would it? That's what I usually do when I'm coming in the corner against a super armor opponent.
The Sentinel setup? It does, because there are 4 (or 3? I think 4) pre-jump frames before going airborn, so if you learn to time it, chicken blocking won't help. Those pre-jump frames seem like 10 for Dormammu though...ugh.

You don't even need to RP after the command throw in the corner, a H command throw gives you free launcher combo after it.
Yeah, but IIRC, command throw H has 10 frame startup, while command throw L has 2. It's a lot more difficult to pre-plan for 10 frames in my experience.

Edit:
Plus, after the HSF you just launch your opponent anyway - I don't see the command throw H's ability to let you combo after it as being a significant factor unless you don't have meter, and unless you throw out lots of random HSF with Sentinel, you'll have meter.

Neki

Dahbomb said:
You don't even need to RP after the command throw in the corner, a H command throw gives you free launcher combo after it.
Yeah, in the corner you can do j.M j.M j.S and you get a launch combo, but I'm not sure you can use flight for it though, but you get a regular Sent combo at least.

mr. puppy

Banned
team best friends and dante is alright, but akuma is just not for me. i can't get around how shitty his normals are. practice mode is actually fun with wolverine and dante, but akuma just can't do as much awesome shit and i don't feel like putting the time into him.

time to start making my own team somehow. i think i'm gonna rip off a bunch of pro teams, see which of them i like, then frankenstein some shit together.

I'm available for some fights if anyone is interested.

Some of you are also aware of my current team issues and I've decided to experiment with a new character. I won't say who it is, but they could take my team to places I've never dreamed of. I haven't even touched the new character yet, but I'm gonna spend the weekend seeing what I can do with them.
Dahbomb said:
I gotta admit that I was at the edge of my seat for this one. Anyone who uses Hsien-Ko should know that they can't get greedy with H in the air while in X-factor. It could easily cost someone a match.

good shit regardless

@Solar: I have work off tomorrow, so if you want to play during the day, I'm open. I'm not sure about tonight, the wife and I might spend most of it watching Darker Than Black.

Dahbomb

Some of you are also aware of my current team issues and I've decided to experiment with a new character. I won't say who it is, but they could take my team to places I've never dreamed of. I haven't even touched the new character yet, but I'm gonna spend the weekend seeing what I can do with them.
Sounds like Phoenix amirite?

That NerdJosh vs Clockwork match... FUCKING GODLIKE!!!!! People were hyped as FUCK for that shit. That WNF tournament had at least 3 godlike sets in there. SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SolarPowered said:
I'm available for some fights if anyone is interested.

I won't be on for a few more hours. If you're still on, I'd be up for some games. I've been playing AE and Mortal Kombat mostly lately, but I'd like to get back into Marvel.

Dahbomb

What was funny about WNF was it was about the point characters on a Phoenix team than Phoenix. People had to burn a lot of meter to kill Clock's Doom, Richard's Dante and Viscant's Wesker even when they were using Phoenix too.

And if you don't know it now.... Clockwork's Doom = The best there is.

Khal_B

Hey guys, can someone please explain what Yomi is? I keep hearing it in streams and seeing in mentioned in threads. Is it like being psychic or something ie umeshoryu?

Dahbomb

Khal_B said:
Hey guys, can someone please explain what Yomi is? I keep hearing it in streams and seeing in mentioned in threads. Is it like being psychic or something ie umeshoryu?
Yeah, it's reading your opponent's moves 10 moves in advance. You need Yomi up the ass with Skrull but if you do then you can make anyone your bitch.

Azure J

Dahbomb said:
Sounds like Phoenix amirite?

That NerdJosh vs Clockwork match... FUCKING GODLIKE!!!!! People were hyped as FUCK for that shit. That WNF tournament had at least 3 godlike sets in there. SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD

Time stamp please. I'm having the worst luck between shit ass internet today and other things I'm doing. I've been dying to see this ever since I caught up with Marvel-GAF and saw the explosion of hype on the last few pages for this set.

Azure J

haunts said:

You know this video reminds me of how hilarious it was during that one stream on ECT when the two Wolverines dive kicked each other and both of them got grounded for it. Truly that was Dive Kick vs. Dive Kick 3: Fate of Two Hitboxes. :lol

@Oldschoolgamer: I'm dying here. :lol :lol :lol

Edit: "Let's get on something real, let's get on someone serious. Someone who no one ever thought was gonna be good... Dante."

Fucking priceless. :lol

Azure J

Someone please gif his re-enactment of Wolverine's Dive Kicks. Pleeeease! :lol

"Here comes Dark Phoenix again!" *train passes by overhead*

Dahbomb

THAT GUY IS SO SALTY OMG I AM DYING HERE!!!!

Dante was always going to be good in this game. If you guys didn't know but DMC3 Dante was designed by a fighting game veteran designer. He was born to be a MVC character because he does over the top combos and has crazy ass abilities. Plus why the hell is he salty that Dante can kill characters in X factor LVL1? LOL he is probably going to be REAL SALTY when he finds out about high level Wolverine play.

And if you think Dante is good, then Vergil is going to put Wolverine into retirement if he ever makes it in the game. He has way less moves than Dante but his arsenal is trimmed to perfection. He is efficient over stylish.

The most hilarious part of the video was him being salty because Akuma's Tatsu went through his Dark Phoenix projectiles. LOLOL Phoenix scrub confirmed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just caching up on the WNF + Offcast streams now and DAMN @ Richard's Dante, Clockw0rk's Doom and NerdJosh's levelled up technology and skills.

Dahbomb

I found a new technology with Chris in the WNF stream.

Not really a new technology but a good partner/assist for him... Doom Rocks. It appears to offer decent protection from Wolverine. Meh... it's worth a try at least.

The real mind blowing technology from WNF was the Tron to She Hulk "infinite". Not really an infinite because I spot one spot where it can be escaped by particular characters but yeah... it's a fucking doozy. It was used in a Japanese video with that Spencer/Hulk/Doom player vs Thor/She Hulk/Tron.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
I found a new technology with Chris in the WNF stream.

Not really a new technology but a good partner/assist for him... Doom Rocks. It appears to offer decent protection from Wolverine. Meh... it's worth a try at least.

The real mind blowing technology from WNF was the Tron to She Hulk "infinite". Not really an infinite because I spot one spot where it can be escaped by particular characters but yeah... it's a fucking doozy. It was used in a Japanese video with that Spencer/Hulk/Doom player vs Thor/She Hulk/Tron.
So you're that guy that found the one frame DHC escape route. Lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
There's a free Live Gold weekend starting tomorrow. I'm busy tomorrow but will probably be around most of the day Sunday and possibly Monday if anyone on Xbox GAF wants some games.

Sixfortyfive said:
There's a free Live Gold weekend starting tomorrow. I'm busy tomorrow but will probably be around most of the day Sunday and possibly Monday if anyone on Xbox GAF wants some games.
My only Xbox fighters are Battle Fantasia, VF5, STHDR, and SCIV :(
If a friend of mine lends me his copy of Marvel I'd be down for some games.

You know I was not pissed about our fights, Ultimoo?

The matches were actually pretty good and I actually learned something new about how to set the pace in a match. I went to sleep without actually posting about the fights.
Sixfortyfive said:
Heaven or Hell

Let's ROCK!

shaowebb

Sixfortyfive said:

You know I'm always up for getting bodied on Sunday nights and mondays. :)

Before yesterday, I had never been SSS'd by a Dante before, much less an online one before.

It feels like a rite of passage. I was clapping because I hadn't had one done to me before, much less seen more than a handful as pretty as it was. All I could say was damn.

Dante for El Presidente.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom